Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
power botton
Nov 2, 2011

have we ever considered a reverse strange love and just riding it UP from the ground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Bloody posted:

or chinese

aren't those just heavily based on soviet design?

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

10am meeting starting at 1023

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Nice!

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

mishaq posted:

the only rockets currently capable of flying humans into space are soviet

only because we pay them to. and we only need to pay them to because our incompetent government couldn't build working rockets once they let politicians start setting production goals.

meanwhile our capitalist system has created much cheaper launch systems that will be filling the gap our failed government systems could not.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Shaggar posted:

only because we pay them to. and we only need to pay them to because our incompetent government couldn't build working rockets once they let politicians start setting production goals.

meanwhile our capitalist system has created much cheaper launch systems that will be filling the gap our failed government systems could not.

it's ok to be wrong shagger

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Cat Face Joe posted:

10am meeting starting at 1023

are you in this training with me?

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

it was a call + webex. there was several minutes of silence before someone announced that we were waiting on someone id never heard of and they were trying to find him

Mad Wack posted:

are you in this training with me?

seems unlikely

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Shaggar posted:

those "government" rockets are made by a monopoly formed by the previous competitors. you don't get more free market than that

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the monopoly is enforced by politicians. there would have been no monopoly without the government's involvement

The Aphasian
Mar 8, 2007

Psychotropic Hops

kickoff meeting with consultants

cons:
ceo said "when I founded this company five years ago" six times in five minutes (so close)
in order to match their brand colors, multiple slides with unreadable white text on a yellow background or vice-versa
10 minutes of pitching their company when we already signed the contract
database migration from multiple databases vendors (with no common keys) to a new database vendor will "only take 18 months" haha
"we think the tools should serve the people, not the other way around" nice try replicant
seven-column table used to show a one-column list diagonally for no discernible reason:
code:
[X][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] 
[ ][X][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][X][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ][X][ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ][ ][X][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][X][ ]
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][X]
pros:
scheduled an hour and it only took 30 min
only two, on-topic questions
recorded with a professional-level camera and mic because we are in broadcast industry
i am already dead inside

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

free markets with massive infrastructure requirements tend to form monopolies

see: standard oil

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
space launch wasn't a natural monopoly though, it was litterrally the law that only the government was allowed to launch rockets. as those restrictions let up, private space launch companies started creating their own rockets designed for competing in the market to launch stuff into space rather than emulating government rockets which were designed to meet political production goals, with space launch being a tertiary concern.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Shaggar posted:

space launch wasn't a natural monopoly though, it was litterrally the law that only the government was allowed to launch rockets. as those restrictions let up, private space launch companies started creating their own rockets designed for competing in the market to launch stuff into space rather than emulating government rockets which were designed to meet political production goals, with space launch being a tertiary concern.

lol

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

the market that is 70%+ stuff nasa/air force pays spacex to launch

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

a mix up in communication for this training today means several people ordered catering, someone brought donuts, and half the staff are remote with no webex info

i am sitting here with three people and enough food to feed a company town hall

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

i get a little sad when the proletariat vigorously defend the very system that victimizes and holds them down, like turkeys endorsing thanksgiving. at least this time it's purely performative shaggaring.

webex update: running webex for the video and join.me for the audio, or maybe the other way around, I forget. yes, they are completely unsynced and seem to be drifting further apart the longer the meeting goes on.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

PCjr sidecar posted:

the market that is 70%+ stuff nasa/air force pays spacex to launch

yeah its great that theres competition and innovation. it means lower launch prices for tax payers

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

i get a little sad when the proletariat vigorously defend the very system that victimizes and holds them down, like turkeys endorsing thanksgiving. at least this time it's purely performative shaggaring.

webex update: running webex for the video and join.me for the audio, or maybe the other way around, I forget. yes, they are completely unsynced and seem to be drifting further apart the longer the meeting goes on.

webex and join.me are both trash use GoToMeeting

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

Shaggar posted:

shaggar: capitalism isn't the problem democracy is

:rolleyes:

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

The Aphasian posted:

kickoff meeting with consultants

cons:
ceo said "when I founded this company five years ago" six times in five minutes (so close)
in order to match their brand colors, multiple slides with unreadable white text on a yellow background or vice-versa
10 minutes of pitching their company when we already signed the contract
database migration from multiple databases vendors (with no common keys) to a new database vendor will "only take 18 months" haha
"we think the tools should serve the people, not the other way around" nice try replicant
seven-column table used to show a one-column list diagonally for no discernible reason:
code:
[X][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] 
[ ][X][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][X][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ][X][ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ][ ][X][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][X][ ]
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][X]
pros:
scheduled an hour and it only took 30 min
only two, on-topic questions
recorded with a professional-level camera and mic because we are in broadcast industry
i am already dead inside

you should tell them about the dangers of eye strain

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
When I was contracting with wells fargo I was somewhat excited to see what the heck a webex was like. I was such a sweet, naive child.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

mishaq posted:

aren't those just heavily based on soviet design?

idk probably but theyve been making their own for quite a while now https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_March_(rocket_family)

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Shaggar posted:

its almost like bigass rockets are indistinguishable from weapons systems and are treated as such

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

teams.microsoft.com posted:

<h2>Our services aren't available right now</h2><p>We're working to restore all services as soon as possible. Please check back soon.</p>Ref A: FDAFDF67622846EBA784908CAEF83ADC Ref B: AMS04EDGE0206 Ref C: Fri Feb 24 04:12:02 2017 PST

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
it's working fine for me this morning

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

same but people just use teams to post articles pro and against teams all day so i never look at it

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

to solve the problem of people using alternative web conferencing solutions instead of skype for business corporate has now blocked the domains of everything except s4b, this is making vendor calls really funny, s4b is still going down regularly, and also it broke s4b screen sharing

l meow

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

so what happens when you need to dial into someone else's bridge?

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
in a boring webex and a coworker started up a periscope of them making a pan pizza

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe
update: i have ordered a pizza

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

abraham linkedin posted:

in a boring webex and a coworker started up a periscope of them making a pan pizza
this would 100% for sure get me to follow along with the video part of any presentation

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

so what happens when you need to dial into someone else's bridge?

it works but you cant screenshare because of the block

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

yesterday i got to review a gantt via verbal description and emailed screenshots thanks to this

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lol

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Mad Wack posted:

yesterday i got to review a gantt via verbal description and emailed screenshots thanks to this

mods, "oral gantt", tia

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

abraham linkedin posted:

Hmm

abraham linkedin posted:

update: i have ordered a pizza

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

im the intern that made this for a partner that got a bonus for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iridium