Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

zegermans posted:

DeVos is a rich person convinced of her own correctness by the prosperity gospel, but she's not a loving psychopath that takes pleasure in oppressing people.

Billionaires that earnestly believe in the prosperity gospel are psychopaths that take pleasure in oppressing people, hth

Eduardo pepitas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Yo C-spam ivanka is gonna be arguing cases for trump in front of the supreme court hope your ready.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Schnorkles posted:

making sure that Alito does as he's told :tinfoil:

Kurtofan posted:

the people v nordstrom

lmfbo

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Schnorkles posted:

if i wanted to make devos a sympathetic figure to the left i'd leak that exact story

course the problem with this is i have no idea what that accomplishes so whatever the 19th dimensional chess move is here i'm not seeing it

maybe it's also just the case that people who've never done policy tend to be blank slates and often times change in weird ways despite seemingly held ideologies when they get in an administrative position.

Well she can't exactly go around wearing a pink hat so she takes her selfie signing off on this EO with a pout, tagging it "they said sign it or resign"

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

reignofevil posted:

Yo C-spam ivanka is gonna be arguing cases for trump in front of the supreme court hope your ready.

thats ridiculous and there's no way its going to happen

supreme court justice ivanka trump, however,

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

quadrophrenic posted:

fun fact: that is exactly the way a turtle would've reacted if you asked it that series of questions

:thejoke:

It's one of those cute animal videos, no need to explain the joke. I think it's cute someone put a turtle in a suit but I don't get the part where they yelled at it though.

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory
"loving supreme courts...how do they work?" - ivanka trump

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Lastgirl posted:

Sessions must have said something seriously damning that made her balk.

SESSIONS: Boys have a peepee, girls have verginas.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I like to imagine meliania and barron are barricaded in trump tower playing minecraft together in the one secret room that is not gold.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Drunkboxer posted:

SESSIONS: Boys have a peepee, girls have verginas.

SESSIONS: the boys are back in town

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

i hope melania and her secret service agent had a romantic Valentine's Day

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Feminasty Slut posted:

I like to imagine meliania and barron are barricaded in trump tower playing minecraft together in the one secret room that is not gold.

Barron is more of a dwarf fortress kind of kid, iykwim

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
You see this a lot with Republicans like Devos. They would never pass any of these LGBT protections, but at they same time they have enough awareness to know that repealing them is wrong. As far as they are concerned, the matter does not need to be revisited. Gorsuch will be the same way on abortion and marriage equality. If he were on the court deciding at the time, he would have ruled against it, but now that it's been in place there is little sense is going back and repealing them.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Feminasty Slut posted:

If they haven't denounced him they are willing collaborators and deserve no sympathy.

Barron's existence undermines the hell outta Trump's ubermensch posturing though, so much for your flawless genes Hitler Jr.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Whenever I saw Obama and Michelle, I feel pretty strongly that they had a good family going, but I feel like Trump can't be anything but an abusive poo poo

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Probably there for a presser about the transgender student case, if that's being heard today. She can be the nice face afterwards, while the administration is stoking trans panic bathroom fears.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Those soul crushing melania gifs touched my bleeding heart liberal side. I know she deserves no sympathy. I think this means I need more booze.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

*speaking republicanly* "So you don't want to be ahead in the number of people who are on food stamps? That's easy" *cuts all foodstamp funding*

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

rudatron posted:

Whenever I saw Obama and Michelle, I feel pretty strongly that they had a good family going, but I feel like Trump can't be anything but an abusive poo poo

I assume the Trump family life is like those Adam Sandler movies where his son has to be the grown-up while he does dumb poo poo all the time

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

SSNeoman posted:

Younger President Steve Bannon is almost certainly incel

I won't tell you where this photo arose

it was from the incel thread of course

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Feminasty Slut posted:

Nah. I think she's just barely self aware enough to know everyone hates her and she'd like to become as invisible as possible while still doing horrible things in the background.

It's because she's a woman. :geno: They probably thing Secretary is an actual position and not a title.

Sessions: Hey who let this fanchy smasnchy secreitatarity in here, we are goin do this aur way and im tha law and i aint gettin any backlip missy, u do yer jawb and i do mines or so help me gawd

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Every world leader just started doing extra sets of curls to combat Trump's stupid loving mannerisms

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Question:

If Trump likes you if you compliment him and hates you if you criticize him, if you do the criticism sandwich of compliment-criticism-compliment does he like you again or does he get overloaded and malfunction like a 1950s robot?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Lastgirl posted:

It's because she's a woman. :geno: They probably thing Secretary is an actual position and not a title.

Sessions: Hey who let this fanchy smasnchy secreitatarity in here, we are goin do this aur way and im tha law and i aint gettin any backlip missy, u do yer jawb and i do mines or so help me gawd

I'm unsure how Session's tenure as AG ends, but it probably involves male prostitutes.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

triple sulk posted:

haha it's gonna get overturned again because idiots are working on it

based on the reasoning from judges so far it seems like trump's big mouth about his muslim ban (with an assist from giuliani) will keep on damning these ban efforts

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
MSNBC has the Woodhouse brothers on; both advisors or something, one Dem, one GOP

Also they were the stars of one of the best C-SPAN calls ever:

https://youtu.be/Q15xhG6pVUw

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

DeVos is a very dim ideologue and it's pointless to speculate on her (very lilkely bizarre) reasoning because she has no record or experience. Maybe she's a michelle bachmann 'hides in the bushes in legit fear of violent gays' evangelical, and was just looking out for her own personal safety.

There are no predictable boundaries with a grizzly-bears-in-schools lunatic.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
The Muslim ban is no longer called Muslim ban. The Muslim ban is called no muslims allowed ever. See different.- Steve "Ted bundy" miller

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The grizzly bear thing is still the smartest and most sensible thing I've ever heard from DeVos.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Ted bundy was attractive and a smooth talker. Steve "Ed Gien" Miller IMO.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Bethamphetamine posted:

DeVos is a very dim ideologue and it's pointless to speculate on her (very lilkely bizarre) reasoning because she has no record or experience.

from my time in altus loving oklahoma, i can testify that midwest idiots are distinctly different from southern idiots in that midwesterners generally believe their poo poo smells fantastic while southerners only say so to not appear racist

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

The Muslim ban is no longer called Muslim ban. The Muslim ban is called no muslims allowed ever. See different.- Steve "Ted bundy" miller

we called it the "badguys go away executive order" and we said only muslims are badguys and for some reason the courts still rejected it

ugh!! activist judges

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Bethamphetamine posted:

DeVos is a very dim ideologue and it's pointless to speculate on her (very lilkely bizarre) reasoning because she has no record or experience. Maybe she's a michelle bachmann 'hides in the bushes in legit fear of violent gays' evangelical, and was just looking out for her own personal safety.

There are no predictable boundaries with a grizzly-bears-in-schools lunatic.

often times when you take people with vague ideologies who have never actually transformed it into day to day policy, they end up doing weird things that don't coincide with what their ideology theoretically says that they should be doing. It was part of the reason that people like DeVos, Carson, arguably Tillerson & Mnuchin are surprising from an administrative level. You don't actually know what sort of things they're going to try to do when they're placed in a position where they need to turn whatever vague feelings they have into concrete government action.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
the muslim van

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Kurtofan posted:

the people v nordstrom

Lol

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Here in America we are too immature to have public restrooms.

That's why I support an executive order making every bathroom a unisex uno. Enjoy standing in lines pissbrains.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

tacodaemon posted:

based on the reasoning from judges so far it seems like trump's big mouth about his muslim ban (with an assist from giuliani) will keep on damning these ban efforts

it's like when those gop lawmakers in NC were straight up saying that they were looking for what is distinctive about black voters' behavior and then they were surprised when the federal court said "hey guess what you obviously tailored these new voting laws around what is distinctive about black voters' behavior"

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

mormonpartyboat posted:

the muslim van

do they sell kebabs, i mean if we're not getting food trucks on every corner, we could opt for food vans?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Weeping Wound posted:

I used to hang out on the Earthbound website with Everdraed :shepface:

nowadays, the guy that ran that site makes a living selling kitschy video game crap

Omg post u r starman dot net name

• Locked thread