Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
So when are you doing the LSx swap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Yeah i have a 77. I need to replace my valve cover seals though.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Dad and Dogs

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Rad Lieutenant posted:

So when are you doing the LSx swap

Honestly I love this car but I'll never buy one that's mostly original again. I want a basket case car so I do crazy things like drop an LS3 or an LTsomething in it. But I couldn't bring myself to replace the original 327 unless I actually had to.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yeah i have a 77. I need to replace my valve cover seals though.

Maybe same. Maybe rings. :ohdear:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Two Finger posted:

yo g-holio i sent you sweet-rear end bbq sauce can i borrow your vette for the weekend

lol so that's a no then?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I want a 93 rx7 with a supercharged LSwhatever

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Two Finger posted:

lol so that's a no then?
Two Finger promises to only gently caress a couple of fat girls in it. They're going to be really fat so it'll do as much damage as 4 would normally.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Two Finger posted:

lol so that's a no then?

:yikes:

Edit: There's no room for loving fat chicks. Barely room for loving, but god that'd be uncomfortable as hell.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Life, uh, finds a way.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

p. sure ive decided to just pay off the grand marquis and sit tight. the engine is absolutely fine, the interior is great, and tbh im not comfortable taking on more debt with the orange caesar around

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Casimir Radon posted:

Two Finger promises to only gently caress a couple of fat girls in it. They're going to be really fat so it'll do as much damage as 4 would normally.

actually i was going to put it in a container to nz and impress my friends with my sweet new vette

but eh, loving fat chicks is close enough but only if they're redneck as gently caress and have at least three names

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I want a 93 rx7 with a supercharged LSwhatever

One of the funniest things I have seen was someone managed to stuff a 350 crate engine into an MGB.

Also saw a 70 Challenger with a Viper engine in it.

However, the real fun is home made hot rods. Which led to this god drat thing:

Which I would sell my soul for.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Two Finger posted:

actually i was going to put it in a container to nz and impress my friends with my sweet new vette

but eh, loving fat chicks is close enough but only if they're redneck as gently caress and have at least three names

In that case, I have good news about the area we're in...

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I'd like a beat up 72 Chevelle to gently caress around with.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Genocide Tendency posted:

However, the real fun is home made hot rods. Which led to this god drat thing:

Which I would sell my soul for.

Apocalyptic Prowler?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Godholio posted:

Honestly I love this car but I'll never buy one that's mostly original again. I want a basket case car so I do crazy things like drop an LS3 or an LTsomething in it. But I couldn't bring myself to replace the original 327 unless I actually had to.

A guy I know with more Corvettes than friends did this. Shoved as much crap from one of his Z06's into a 67 as possible. Biggest problem is tire size, you just can't get large enough rear tires on there to deal with the power. Its a nifty, albeit useless car.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

TBeats posted:

66 to 69 would work for me.
Or a 2nd gen Corvair.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I would murder a few homeless people to get my hands on a cherry 4 door Cadillac Sixty Special from anywhere in the late 60s.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Proud Christian Mom posted:

A guy I know with more Corvettes than friends did this. Shoved as much crap from one of his Z06's into a 67 as possible. Biggest problem is tire size, you just can't get large enough rear tires on there to deal with the power. Its a nifty, albeit useless car.

Watch me. as soon as I win the lottery

TBeats posted:

It's a '66, but this will be a fun thread to follow.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

It's use is to go through tires and kill it's driver in a spectacular fashion

beanieson fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Feb 22, 2017

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Also, in dad news, after the little guy passed out lastnight the little lady put on Blues Brothers because she wanted to watch a movie about music and hadn't seen it before. She ended up loving it, now I gotta start ring shopping I guess

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Booblord Zagats posted:

Also, in dad news, after the little guy passed out lastnight the little lady put on Blues Brothers because she wanted to watch a movie about music and hadn't seen it before. She ended up loving it, now I gotta start ring shopping I guess

Tell the jewelers you're on a mission from god

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Tell the jewelers you're on a mission from god

Good call. I never noticed some of the cameos before lastnight though. Frank Oz is the prison guard who gives Jake back all his poo poo when he's released. Steven Spielberg is the guy at the county records office who shows up late and gives them the tax receipt, Joe Walsh is the prison inmate who starts the riot at the end. All in all it's one of those great movies that always surprises you with an extra detail when you rewatch it

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

plus the music owns

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Any movie with James Brown as a gospel preacher in it is good.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Rad Lieutenant posted:

It's use is to go through tires and kill it's driver in a spectacular fashion

Interestingly enough, the kid of a guy working at the shop where the work was being done stole it and nearly killed himself in it

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I still loved Blues Brothers 2000. I get why people are meh about it though. John Goodman is no Belushi. :(

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Interestingly enough, the kid of a guy working at the shop where the work was being done stole it and nearly killed himself in it

Of course

My world view confirmed once again

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

I still loved Blues Brothers 2000. I get why people are meh about it though. John Goodman is no Belushi. :(

Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you, Goodman is a good singer and it allowed Tom Petty and Clapton to be in a Blues Brothers movie like they both deserved so I can't knock it. I think the mistake they made was trying to upstage the original movie instead of writing a love letter to Belushi and the magic of the first one.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

At least they didn't try to cast Jim Belushi

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Rad Lieutenant posted:

At least they didn't try to cast Jim Belushi

They did some promo stuff with him for the movie including the Super Bowl halftime show, luckily Goodman and Akyroyd had much stronger voices and drowned him out

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_KtQ1BqfHM

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
Blues Brothers was this white boy's first experience with Blues in general and John Lee Hooker in particular.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn_PF4L470w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4pp02_GN9A

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
My dad once said he wished he had not had my older brother as early as he did because if so we'd have been named Jake and Elwood

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I haven't seen Blues Brothers.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

I haven't seen Blues Brothers.

It's a fun movie. It really doesn't fit any mold of film, it has music but isn't a musical, it has action but isn't an action film, I guess comedy is the closest definition I can think of, but it's super deadpan and can be very subtle at times. It's well worth watching if you like old school SNL humor, blues music and/or outlandish car chases

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

the stunts in blues brothers are so good

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

the stunts in blues brothers are so good

John Candy after crashing into the 18 wheeler cracks me up. He looks like he's about to burst out laughing trying to make the radio call and you can tell that was the best take they could get.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i miss john candy so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
^^^ New thread title plz^^^

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

John Candy after crashing into the 18 wheeler cracks me up. He looks like he's about to burst out laughing trying to make the radio call and you can tell that was the best take they could get.

Orange whip? Orange whip? Waitress 3 Orange whips

• Locked thread