Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Al! posted:

how about 3/5ths

:pusheen:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/834443641636659205

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Nice of Calvin to give him a week pass.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

im gaylord

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

This really isn't news, everyone knows Pruitt's goal in life is to destroy the EPA

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Acelerion posted:

Exactly. If you've ever been to texas you would know that it is full of total assholes who leave their carts sideways in the middle of the aisle as they lumber toward whatever diabetes inducing package caught their eye.

The superiority of the cuck cart allows me to stay sane in an otherwise intolerable environment.

Now let me tell you about the parking lots

costco in texas is a special level of hell

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
found this 140 year old political cartoon on The Nib

now change that to the 8 year old girl that Trump killed because future terrorist.

not really making me feel optimistic :sigh:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
it's weird that i strongly believe in the march of industry and business as the driving force that improves the lot of both humankind and the most wild parts of the ecosystem we now control...

...but i STILL can't think of half the poo poo pruitt has said regarding environmental controls without wanting to wring his bony, regressive little neck

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Turdfuzz posted:

im gaylord

hi

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

WarEternal posted:

I was watching some poo poo on Bundy a while ago. The "he was a smooth talker" thing is bullshit, it's just normal for white dudes to be complete psychopaths so he was taken as a normal person, that's the truth of it.

judging from movies made in the 70s, any man who didnt immediately threaten or try to assault you must have seemed like a gentle smooth operator

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

triple sulk posted:

i'm in a bad loving mood today so donny pumping out some lovely eo would really make me go off the deep end

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/834444388650594304

hth

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Lastgirl posted:

found this 140 year old political cartoon on The Nib

now change that to the 8 year old girl that Trump killed because future terrorist.

Cool Tamir Rice cartoon

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

tacodaemon posted:

trump schedule for today
10:30 am || Receives his daily intelligence briefing
11:30 am || Meets with Secretary of State Tillerson
12:30 pm || Begins discussions about the Federal budget; Roosevelt Room, Oval Office
4:00 pm || Leads a legislative affairs strategy session

spicey is on for 1:30
https://www.whitehouse.gov/live/press-briefing-press-secretary-sean-spicer-9

pence is visiting some caterpillar heavy equipment dealership near st louis and delivering "remarks" at 2:30
https://www.whitehouse.gov/live/vice-president-pence-delivers-remarks-fabick-cat

all times in the one true time zone, US eastern

Trump really putting in a lot of work

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Coolguye posted:

it's weird that i strongly believe in the march of industry and business as the driving force that improves the lot of both humankind and the most wild parts of the ecosystem we now control...

...but i STILL can't think of half the poo poo pruitt has said regarding environmental controls without wanting to wring his bony, regressive little neck

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

A day late and a dollar short NYT

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Does the NYT ever get tired of getting owned by WaPo?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Al! posted:

judging from movies made in the 70s, any man who didnt immediately threaten or try to assault you must have seemed like a gentle smooth operator

if you read the story of H.H. Holmes (he was the chicago world's fair serial killer) this becomes even more obvious

the dude made a huge habit out of browbeating, firing, stiffing, and cheating half of chicago and he still somehow charmed all of his creditors into not calling his notes and over a dozen women into signing their poo poo over to him just before he brutally murdered them

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/jshormanCJ/status/834441004749115392

republican fight!

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

wizard on a water slide posted:

FINALLY, an anti-slavery president.

party of lincoln :smugdon:

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

One of the most endlessly amusing things to me about the Trump administration is they thought they would be welcomed as heroes just for being elected, and they are all very clearly mad as hell that they are encountering even the slightest bit of resistance - even more amazing when it's coming from some people working for Trump who absolutely should know better (Conway, etc.).

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Somewhere Grover Norquist is suddenly coughing on his latest vape

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/834446884118814720

Also

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/834442405667565568

SixPabst
Oct 24, 2006

i don't know why every time republicans howl about cutting taxes the democrats would say "look at kansas. their economy is in the shitter because brownback went full tea party and now they have to close schools and their roads are crumbling and that stupid rear end theory doesn't work"

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

eonwe posted:

the shackles weren't even gold plated

smh

Sad!ing My Haters

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

haha ok

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/834424180129030145

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 226 days!

Gaylord National Resort

They really had this all planned for Milo didn't they

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

brownback's current tax plan has already basically been struck down by the courts because to make the budget work he defunded primary education to the point where the KS supreme court ruled the budget unconstitutional because the kansas constitution ensconces primary and secondary education as citizen rights basically

his budget was SO loving BAD that the court interpreted his plan as a scheme to violate those rights and defund kansas children of education.

the ks house knows all this and is not getting caught holding the bag if those tax increases fail and they head back to the 'well we basically have no schools' place, because the state prosecutor is likely to choke a bitch if that fight comes up again

so this is actually fairly expected, thankfully. also brownback is a dumbfuck and i hope someone beggars him by holding him personally responsible for our lost economic growth the last half decade.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Hodgepodge posted:

Gaylord National Resort

They really had this all planned for Milo didn't they

There's a lot of big hotel/convention centers named Gaylord. I guess it was someone important.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

guys do you think if i say "slavery was bad" conservatives will hoist me on their shoulders and parade me around as a bastion of deep empathy and intelligence

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

ya we get drunk and we add a lot of stupid stuff for fun but we'll trim it. I have been cleaning up a few things here and there every night for a while, the ones I know for sure that we'll never find or use ever.

Sitting down and going through each one is just bleh. :suicide:

there is a emote list with a search function if that helps

i saw a :squizzle: emote and couldny thinkbof a circumarabce in which it would be usef but i was flattereg

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Also fwiw Goldman Sach's [who tend to have a read on these things] latest prospectus puts tax reform in 2017 as totally dead.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Coolguye posted:

brownback's current tax plan has already basically been struck down by the courts because to make the budget work he defunded primary education to the point where the KS supreme court ruled the budget unconstitutional because the kansas constitution ensconces primary and secondary education as citizen rights basically

his budget was SO loving BAD that the court interpreted his plan as a scheme to violate those rights and defund kansas children of education.

the ks house knows all this and is not getting caught holding the bag if those tax increases fail and they head back to the 'well we basically have no schools' place, because the state prosecutor is likely to choke a bitch if this comes up again

My wife's best friend works in KC as an educator. It's a disaster.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

God he said slavery was bad and you're STILL ATTACKING HIM

Poor Mr. Trump can't do anything right

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 226 days!

Bruteman posted:

One of the most endlessly amusing things to me about the Trump administration is they thought they would be welcomed as heroes just for being elected, and they are all very clearly mad as hell that they are encountering even the slightest bit of resistance - even more amazing when it's coming from some people working for Trump who absolutely should know better (Conway, etc.).

The American people will greet us as libertators.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Schnorkles posted:

Also fwiw Goldman Sach's [who tend to have a read on these things] latest prospectus puts tax reform in 2017 as totally dead.
did that prospectus also state whether or not america would be dead

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

mintskoal posted:

i don't know why every time republicans howl about cutting taxes the democrats would say "look at kansas. their economy is in the shitter because brownback went full tea party and now they have to close schools and their roads are crumbling and that stupid rear end theory doesn't work"

:lol: if you think democrats know how to effectively message anything

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Donald Trump kill list:
- 8 year old American girl
- 45 year old Mexican man who wants to be an American

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

savannah is obe of the most beautiful cities ive ever been to

just puytib that out thete

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Bruteman posted:

Billionaire conservatives are egotistical narcissists with no grasp of reality?

themoreyouknow.gif

Airport cameras are actually Motorola RAZR phones with Vaseline smeared on the lens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Bruteman posted:

The best description of this phenomenon comes from Abraham Lincoln in his famous address at New York’s Cooper Union in 1860. Trying to explain how impossible it was to deal with the Southern slave states using normal democratic means, he asked, “What will it take to satisfy them?”

This, and this only: cease to call slavery wrong, and join them in calling it right. And this must be done thoroughly — done in acts as well as in words. Silence will not be tolerated — we must place ourselves avowedly with them. Senator Douglas’ new sedition law must be enacted and enforced, suppressing all declarations that slavery is wrong, whether made in politics, in presses, in pulpits, or in private. We must arrest and return their fugitive slaves with greedy pleasure. We must pull down our Free State constitutions. The whole atmosphere must be disinfected from all taint of opposition to slavery, before they will cease to believe that all their troubles proceed from us.

• Locked thread