Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

This is just the first step. Wait till the huge employment displacement caused by dog-driven long haul tractor trailers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
at 70 years old, trump cant be left alone for a few hours for fear pf causing an international incident, a terribly executrd EO, or a statement that causes nationwide protests lmveo

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Id let a dog drive my long haul tractor trailer, if u know what i mean

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Buried in this story is a glimpse at how ruthlessly efficient the right wing propaganda machine is. Clinton was a poo poo, but we shouldn't ignore the reality that they managed to drag this bloated manchild idiot across the finish line.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

choose your poison idiots, all starting at ~1pm

press briefing with press secretary sean spicey:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRPe4j34HdE

CPAC 2017 livestream:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obtjGPfUZsw

NASA science news briefing on aliens:

https://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/#public

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Louisgod posted:

BREAKING: Trump administration just undoing everything that was ever done, eat Arby's

needs more "we're all doomed to an existence of misery and death", but :hai:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

this makes me wish that morning joe would open every morning with a "here's the stupidity the trump did since last time!" segment.

every show should.

headspace
Apr 25, 2014

Turdfuzz posted:

im gaylord

Funny thing about the word gaylord.... One of the meanest street gangs in Chicago in the 70s was named the Imperial Gaylords. Pictured below is one of their "war sweaters". What I wouldn't give to own one.

headspace fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Feb 22, 2017

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
in a way hades is the trump like figure of the disney mythos, he brought down the established aristocracy of zeus (jeb!) and hera (hillary) on mount olympis, except in disney's movie, hercules (bernie sanders) beat hades (as he would have won)

now remains to determine who the other divinities are

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

FrensaGeran posted:

The Fermi Paradox has a solution, and his name is Trump

Every species gets a Trump and if we survive this it's smooth sailing till the protons decay

I'm not joking, I sincerely believe this. If a civilization can overcome Trump-type organisms (which I imagine are somewhat inevitable due to the constraints of evolution), it can probably overcome a lot more in the spirit of cooperation, empathy, and mutual benefits for all parties. We could not overcome our Trump. We're kind of hosed.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

ex post facho posted:

when trump is impeached ill bet he tries to orddr the militaru to keep him jn office

lmebo if only

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Shab posted:

This is just the first step. Wait till the huge employment displacement caused by dog-driven long haul tractor trailers.

Just imagine when they let them into the Marines.

Though they might test out of it.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

ffffuuuuck your such a good pidter

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
clinton was so poo poo her name should be erased from history so we can stop talking about how poo poo she was, amen

Everything you need to know about hillart can be summed up in 5 worss: she lost to donald trump

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

"Who's a good boy? That's right, you're a good boy!" *Pets him in the right spot that makes his leg thump rapidly*

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Nichael posted:

I'm not joking, I sincerely believe this. If a civilization can overcome Trump-type organisms (which I imagine are somewhat inevitable due to the constraints of evolution), it can probably overcome a lot more in the spirit of cooperation, empathy, and mutual benefits for all parties. We could not overcome our Trump. We're kind of hosed.

trump is president, we're going to die as a species without ever setting foot on another planet. eat arby's

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I watched moana last might and i kinda felt like the overarching msg was "leVe the earth while u can"

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
https://twitter.com/reuters/status/834459227007631360

Now I know why the alt right wants to block Iraqi refugees they're super jealous of how much more fashionable they are compared to those basement trolls.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

headspace posted:

the Imperial Gaylords.

mods i nwed this gangtag badly

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

zegermans posted:

Buried in this story is a glimpse at how ruthlessly efficient the right wing propaganda machine is. Clinton was a poo poo, but we shouldn't ignore the reality that they managed to drag this bloated manchild idiot across the finish line.

the right wing is currently the only wing that even has a propaganda machine, all the Hillary sycophants just talked themselves into that lmao

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
so LGBT rights are going back to being 'state issues' and president retard literally needs to be praised 24/7 or he makes insane tweets, anything else happen today?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Gringostar posted:

trump is president, we're going to die as a species without ever setting foot on another planet. eat arby's

Low-energy species humans failed big league. Never got to another planet. TOTAL WASTE. Sad!

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

euphronius posted:

It's dumb and we need to go back to city states

I pretty much agree. I've come to the feeling lately that what really hosed our country was making states into what they are.

Originally we had 13 states, and the concerns about small population vs large population were differences of about 50,000 on average vs 250,000 on average. Two senators kind of makes sense in that instance considering there's not a major difference, but now we have a state like Wyoming which is just loving barely over 500,000 being represented equally in the senate with a state like California that has 40,000,000 people.

Maybe we still want to keep two senators, but why the gently caress is Wyoming not a territory and Puerto Rico is not a state? Why are any of the Big Sky country states actually states? There are about 4.5 million people living in Idaho, Montana, South Dakota, North Dakota, and Wyoming, and they get 5x the control over our government that California does. California gets more representatives, but the Senate has the unique power to grind democracy to a halt through filibusters and has kept us from truly progressing past the dark era of supply side economics for 30 years.

In conclusion, basically revert those states to one big territory called Big Sky territory (relax the laws a little bit, they'll fuckin love it!), give Puerto Rico its statehood, and let Louisville secede from Kentucky while we're at it.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

jason alexander owns

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Nichael posted:

Low-energy species humans failed big league. Never got to another planet. TOTAL WASTE. Sad!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

pathetic little tramp posted:

I pretty much agree. I've come to the feeling lately that what really hosed our country was making states into what they are.

Originally we had 13 states, and the concerns about small population vs large population were differences of about 50,000 on average vs 250,000 on average. Two senators kind of makes sense in that instance considering there's not a major difference, but now we have a state like Wyoming which is just loving barely over 500,000 being represented equally in the senate with a state like California that has 40,000,000 people.

Maybe we still want to keep two senators, but why the gently caress is Wyoming not a territory and Puerto Rico is not a state? Why are any of the Big Sky country states actually states? There are about 4.5 million people living in Idaho, Montana, South Dakota, North Dakota, and Wyoming, and they get 5x the control over our government that California does. California gets more representatives, but the Senate has the unique power to grind democracy to a halt through filibusters and has kept us from truly progressing past the dark era of supply side economics for 30 years.

In conclusion, basically revert those states to one big territory called Big Sky territory (relax the laws a little bit, they'll fuckin love it!), give Puerto Rico its statehood, and let Louisville secede from Kentucky while we're at it.

same but philadelphia from the rest of pennsylvania

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

and also nyc from ny

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

petitiob to refwr to allcspam gangtags as war sweaters hencefirth

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

and, hell, detroit from michigan

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
same but its aLways sunny in philadelphia

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

triple sulk posted:

jason alexandowns

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Squizzle posted:

petitiob to refwr to allcspam gangtags as war sweaters hencefirth

sometimes i think that you're actually just posting welsh

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

fun fact that there is actually a hell, michigan

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

prefect posted:

The best description of this phenomenon comes from Abraham Lincoln in his famous address at New York’s Cooper Union in 1860. Trying to explain how impossible it was to deal with the Southern slave states using normal democratic means, he asked, “What will it take to satisfy them?”

This, and this only: cease to call slavery wrong, and join them in calling it right. And this must be done thoroughly — done in acts as well as in words. Silence will not be tolerated — we must place ourselves avowedly with them. Senator Douglas’ new sedition law must be enacted and enforced, suppressing all declarations that slavery is wrong, whether made in politics, in presses, in pulpits, or in private. We must arrest and return their fugitive slaves with greedy pleasure. We must pull down our Free State constitutions. The whole atmosphere must be disinfected from all taint of opposition to slavery, before they will cease to believe that all their troubles proceed from us.

What the REpubs hit Warren with during Sessions hearing preventing her from reading Coretta Scott King's letter was actually based on something passed in the Senate in the early 1800s preventing senators from slandering each other.

This was of course all about stopping people from saying bad things about slavery.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

pathetic little tramp posted:

I think if we come out of the Escalator Era (and I am very skeptical that we do), we need not just a progressive government, but a complete overhaul of our governmental structure. The Constitution should be re-written because, ultimately, it's a multi-century old document written by dead slave-holders. Much of it should be kept, but many things should be revised to bring it into modernity.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
i speak squizzel, ama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Schnorkles posted:

sometimes i think that you're actually just posting welsh

racist

• Locked thread