Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LimburgLimbo posted:

Jfc your posts are boring.

Like I can just scroll past so whatever but you're a boring writer and you life is boring and nobody loving cares why do you do this to yourself and us.

Not like you have anything to say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Accretionist fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Feb 22, 2017

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

oohhboy posted:

Not like you have anything to say.

He's right though. That's a lot of inane poo poo. And that's coming from me.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Glenn Quebec posted:

He's right though. That's a lot of inane poo poo. And that's coming from me.

Not hard to scroll past. You have the ability to do that and is your prerogative if you choose to do so. If you have anything at all to do with something in China to :justpost: otherwise shut the gently caress up.

I mean not like the majority of people in is thread is in Asia. Or let alone China proper. Not everyone is haier who is a god in this thread and if he scares you from posting that is your loss.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
As a avid reader of this thread, I want more hosed up sex and making GBS threads stories.

Jimmy Little Balls
Aug 23, 2009
That guys weird English and long rambling posts saying nothing make them seem like excerpts from a serial killers diary.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jimmy Little Balls posted:

That guys weird English and long rambling posts saying nothing make them seem like excerpts from a serial killers diary.

I am here you know, you can talk to me directly. It's ok.

Killing people is tempting I give you that. For fun perhaps?

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

Ohhhbooyyy this is the point where you stop diggging your hole.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Relenting. Is that bad face?

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
It's not like everyone here is in China, Korea or Japan, so dudes might only have stories from chinese restaurants in their local holes that relate to the theme of this thread. By no means is Haier the only guy that contributes fun to this, but a bunch of other people who post insightful or interesting stuff. E.g. about Korea!

Just post whatever you want if you feel like it, but I really hope that your income never depends on your writing skill.

Well, unless you're the super boring alt of AO teasing the thread. In that case, well done.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Yesterday I went to Chinatown to get some cheap canned curry and produce that isn't twice the price because it's "organic" or what ever. Waiting in line a 20-ish death-pale chinese lady with a foul expression got to the front of the line and started just screaming at the cashier in cantonese. The cashier was a little older and literally turned up her nose and half turned her back on the younger one, shaking her head and just repeating the same answer, eventually ignoring her altogether, who was slamming some items down on the desk and pointing at a receipt more and more violently. I was thinking holy poo poo, this is one angry customer, and holy poo poo is the clerk being rude right back. Was I witnessing some sort of face-off? Eventually the younger one gave up, grabbed the stuff off the counter she was yelling about and walked over to the next empty counter. She tossed the items and the bill in a rage then opened the till up to help the next customer. They were both loving staff/co-workers.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

oohhboy posted:

Not hard to scroll past. You have the ability to do that and is your prerogative if you choose to do so. If you have anything at all to do with something in China to :justpost: otherwise shut the gently caress up.

I mean not like the majority of people in is thread is in Asia. Or let alone China proper. Not everyone is haier who is a god in this thread and if he scares you from posting that is your loss.

Lol look at this

Heer98
Apr 10, 2009
I think the regular boring guy travel stories are a nice contrast to the usual gloom and doom in the thread.

Not to say I want the gloom and doom stories to stop, please post more poop and sex, tia

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
This is on the bad website right now and now it's also on here

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

oohhboy posted:

Just get to the point in 10-20% of the words

It will be better for everyone

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

I wonder what China is actually like sometimes

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

thoughts and prayers posted:

Just get to the point in 10-20% of the words

It will be better for everyone

Just in time for this kind of post!

I went to Ocean Park and it was immensely fun!*

*I will be going after I make this post, it doesn't take a genius to see the outcome. Will go into detail if there is anything of note

I will of course look for street making GBS threads as always whenever I hear Mainlanders.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Ocean park owns! If you're looking for mainlanders there will be crowded around the panda trying to take pictures of the, looking like they are holding it up

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
Scrolling past is loving hard on a phone

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol, good catch.

Nice scrawl btw.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
oohhboy i will say i am happy for you that it seems that your trip has calmed down and you are having a good time. get out there and enjoy HK, it's a great city

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Great Autismo! posted:

oohhboy i will say i am happy for you that it seems that your trip has calmed down and you are having a good time. get out there and enjoy HK, it's a great city

FFS I have been enjoying my time here the whole time making GBS threads myself included. My writing style is bad, not my holiday.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
If you need to poo poo just poo poo in the street jeez read the thread.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hakimashou posted:

If you need to poo poo just poo poo in the street jeez read the thread.

There is that poor use of language on my part...

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
someone asked about kan re nao

here's a pretty good one

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c6e_1487729923

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES
TL;DR My Lu Boo wanted to plunge and I said nooo, noo, no.

My wife got some sort of eyebrow thing done that temporarily makes them look really thick and wide and dark so I've been calling her Lu Bu. She wanted to have sex last night and I just laughed at her. She was like "But we can turn the lights off!" and I was like "But I still know they're there, I can still feel their gravitational pull!" so she gave up. That's my Haier story.

Apparently it's a common procedure too as all of her aunts have done it. When her mom did it she looked even more naturally angry, like something out of Dante's Inferno.

Also her mom spent 100,000RMB on that and other cosmetics just last year. She's 57 and naturally looks 45 but goddamn she just throws money at this poo poo. And she isn't vulgar rich either. Priorities in China.

Amergin fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Feb 23, 2017

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
The queue cutting in ocean Park and Hong Kong Disneyland had myself and a friend locking arms and blocking people to stop them.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I pre-purchased my ticket at 711. Should be a pro move. HongKong resident too so I get a discount. Might get the fast past too when I get there. Maybe start from the back of the park.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

The Great Autismo! posted:

someone asked about kan re nao

here's a pretty good one

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c6e_1487729923

The kid with the folding stool is the best.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
yes yes yes start at the back of the park at ocean park. i was just there in november and my friend and i went straight tot the back of the park. it was DESERTED. we walked on everything. no lines. no one pushing us. no spitting. it was so awesome. by about 2pm it started to get full. we went back to the main part of the park and it was crowded as hell. we walked through the last aquarium and saw the panda but it was not even remotely enjoyable, way too many people and no one seemed able to queue. we left at like 3.

ocean park owns, i would make a trip back to HK simply to go back to ocean park.

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
In 2014 a bunch of (mostly) students blocked the roads near Hong Kong's central business district, leading to hilarity like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEH_TdDwXjo

Not all videos to come out of Occupy Central were thigh-slappingly funny, though. The cameras were rolling when the police took a protester away for "physical questioning": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGwVXBEvPcs

The court case finally wrapped up a few days back, with the officers all sentenced to 2 years in prison. Fair enough, right?

The police apparently don't think so. Last night there was a giant rally in Prince Edward in support of the cops ... who got sentenced to jail for beating up the guy they were arresting in a dark corner. Upwards of 20 000 people attended, and reporters who tried to cover it were kicked out.

https://www.hongkongfp.com/2017/02/22/live-hong-kong-police-rally-against-sentencing-of-officers-who-beat-occupy-protester-ken-tsang/

https://www.hongkongfp.com/2017/02/...cracy-activist/

The usual establishment government shills also showed up to show their "unwavering support for the HK Police Force".

This picture is now going around the Hong Kong corner of Facebook. The top is a picture from last night's rally. The bottom is from a similar rally from 1977, when police mobilised to protest the Independent Commission Against Corruption. Here's a pic of police beating up an anti-corruption official.

Looks like we are returning to the Good Old Days of Hong Kong!

edit: I forgot the best part, during the police rally a guy on stage said the police "are being persecuted like Jews under the Nazis" to thunderous applause

Imperialist Dog fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Feb 23, 2017

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party

Amergin posted:

My wife got some sort of eyebrow thing done that temporarily makes them look really thick and wide and dark so I've been calling her Lu Bu. She wanted to have sex last night and I just laughed at her. She was like "But we can turn the lights off!" and I was like "But I still know they're there, I can still feel their gravitational pull!" so she gave up. That's my Haier story.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

:swoon:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Evil Spock?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Imperialist Dog posted:

In 2014 a bunch of (mostly) students blocked the roads near Hong Kong's central business district, leading to hilarity like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEH_TdDwXjo

Not all videos to come out of Occupy Central were thigh-slappingly funny, though. The cameras were rolling when the police took a protester away for "physical questioning": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGwVXBEvPcs

The court case finally wrapped up a few days back, with the officers all sentenced to 2 years in prison. Fair enough, right?

The police apparently don't think so. Last night there was a giant rally in Prince Edward in support of the cops ... who got sentenced to jail for beating up the guy they were arresting in a dark corner. Upwards of 20 000 people attended, and reporters who tried to cover it were kicked out.

https://www.hongkongfp.com/2017/02/22/live-hong-kong-police-rally-against-sentencing-of-officers-who-beat-occupy-protester-ken-tsang/

https://www.hongkongfp.com/2017/02/...cracy-activist/

The usual establishment government shills also showed up to show their "unwavering support for the HK Police Force".

This picture is now going around the Hong Kong corner of Facebook. The top is a picture from last night's rally. The bottom is from a similar rally from 1977, when police mobilised to protest the Independent Commission Against Corruption. Here's a pic of police beating up an anti-corruption official.

Looks like we are returning to the Good Old Days of Hong Kong!

edit: I forgot the best part, during the police rally a guy on stage said the police "are being persecuted like Jews under the Nazis" to thunderous applause

acab

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:

How'd you get the Anarchist A next to your name?

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

Imperialist Dog posted:

How'd you get the Anarchist A next to your name?

drat, I want one of those.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i asked for it :smuggo:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Amergin posted:

TL;DR My Lu Boo wanted to plunge and I said nooo, noo, no.

Apparently it's a common procedure too as all of her aunts have done it. When her mom did it she looked even more naturally angry, like something out of Dante's Inferno.

Also her mom spent 100,000RMB on that and other cosmetics just last year. She's 57 and naturally looks 45 but goddamn she just throws money at this poo poo. And she isn't vulgar rich either. Priorities in China.

Don't worry, it'll fade after a few days!

e: Ohhhhhhboy, I like your posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
there's also a hammer and sickle one, ceciltron

• Locked thread