Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Jimmy Hats, are you playing Fire Emblem right now?

Thanks to Fire Emblem: Heroes, you can play Fire Emblem anytime, anywhere!

Make sure to set your phone to max volume and brightness for the optimal experience!

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Feb 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Jimmy Hats, are you playing Fire Emblem right now?

No I am at work. I've spent a lot of time the last few days thinking about fire emblem though, and also about stories where the impulse for the protagonist to Do poo poo is their dad dying.

I'mma call my dad later and check in.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Bombadilillo posted:

Nintendo offers a unique service of good/fun games I cant get anywhere else. BUT they don't offer the full gambit of good/fun games that you literally need another system to play if you want them.

Bombadilillo posted:

Sony offers a unique service of good/fun games I cant get anywhere else. BUT they don't offer the full gambit of good/fun games that you literally need another system to play if you want them.

Bombadilillo posted:

Microsoft offers a unique service of good/fun games I cant get anywhere else. BUT they don't offer the full gambit of good/fun games that you literally need another system to play if you want them.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

I completely get Nintendo and Sony but are there any worthwhile Xbox exclusives in the last 5 years?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

TheKingofSprings posted:

I completely get Nintendo and Sony but are there any worthwhile Xbox exclusives in the last 5 years?

Yeah but they're all on pc now

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

s.i.r.e. posted:

I watched it all and god drat, I've never seen such a boring unboxing.

I would unbox her, amirite?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

TheKingofSprings posted:

Was Nuts and Bolt within the last 5 years? Because that's all I got.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

No idea. Just trying to make a point that NO console is a catch-all for good and fun games and to single Nintendo out is a bit disingenuous.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

s.i.r.e. posted:

I watched it all and god drat, I've never seen such a boring unboxing.

I mean, your real problem is that you've watched more than one unboxing video in your lifetime.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Reminder not to buy an SD card until after you get the switch. All release games fit in the switch as it comes in the box, so just wait and see which cards work best with the Switch after release.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
LoL at anyone who goes digital-only with the only manufacturer whose games actually hold resale value

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
I sure am getting hyped up about this Switch thing!

Now, if only I'll be able to find one. ;_;

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

True, physical copies are the best and everyone else is a chump salad

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Hoping for some themed snipperclips DLC. Mario DLC. Zelda DLC. Fire emblem DLC!!!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

TheScott2K posted:

LoL at anyone who goes digital-only with the only manufacturer whose games actually hold resale value

lol if you think I'm going to sell these games

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Jimmy Hats posted:

No I am at work. I've spent a lot of time the last few days thinking about fire emblem though, and also about stories where the impulse for the protagonist to Do poo poo is their dad dying.

I'mma call my dad later and check in.

If your dad is dead, who will you recruit into your ragtag band of nobles and retainers on your way to unseat the usurper king?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

TheScott2K posted:

Andrast posted:

lol if you think I'm going to sell these games
there's a reason they hold their value. I just spent 2 more dollars getting Zelda MM on my Wii U cause Idk what I did with my n64.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Yo, what's your favorite Zelda game?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Even if you're not selling them, cartridges are rad as hell in 2017, since memory sizes don't really cause n64 problems anymore.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Majora's Mask, bro.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

RCarr posted:

Majora's Mask, bro.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Phantom Hourglass.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

TheScott2K posted:

Do Nintendo games really hold value that much better than other titles on respective consoles? Or are there only certain titles that keep value?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

DalaranJ posted:

Nintendo minute?

*spits wine out in rage*

I'll have you know, I only consume the finest in Nintendo coverage.

*Loads up newest Arlo video*

I've tried watching them and and they come across as failed Disney Channel hosts.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

s.i.r.e. posted:

Do Nintendo games really hold value that much better than other titles on respective consoles? Or are there only certain titles that keep value?

Any game made and published by Nintendo or a second party holds its value insanely well
He'll up until relatively recently brawl was still selling for like 50 dollars

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

s.i.r.e. posted:

Yeah, it's because nintendo never really does sales or price drops so the secondhand market isn't forced to do the same. Also their quantities tend to be a bit more limited, and there's an untold number of copies of games that die at the hands of kids and disappear forever.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i canceled my switch preorder a few weeks ago because i didnt think id have the money to get it in time for launch, and then i got my tax refund today and i have the money to get it and i shouldnt have canceled my preorder

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Kelp Plankton posted:

i canceled my switch preorder a few weeks ago because i didnt think id have the money to get it in time for launch, and then i got my tax refund today and i have the money to get it and i shouldnt have canceled my preorder

Lol it's called revolving credit ya doof

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I support fiscal responsibility when it comes to video games

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Jimmy Hats posted:

Yeah, it's because nintendo never really does sales or price drops so the secondhand market isn't forced to do the same. Also their quantities tend to be a bit more limited, and there's an untold number of copies of games that die at the hands of kids and disappear forever.

It also has the hilarious ripple effect of everyone on Craigslist thinking their copy of Bubba's Deep Shooter 2009 adds $50 to the value of the Wii they're trying to sell.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

s.i.r.e. posted:

You're lucky if Gamestop will give you more than 55 cents for a good Xbox or PS exclusive from a decade ago. Meanwhile, Wii Sports, which probably has more physical copies out there than almost any other game on any system, is still worth $4.00.

I know its Gamestop and everything, but it at least gives you a comparative value of the market for each game.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Nintendo's Switch releases March 3rd.
AMD's Ryzen releases March 2nd.

This is going to be an expensive spring

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
The trick is to not play games on the PC that aren't Total War or Worms 2

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The trick is to not play games that aren't BotW or Snipperclips until Splatoon2 comes out.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

Sea Sponge Run posted:

$300 just to play a skyrim-zelda on my toilet is worth it, imo
You could probably do this more cheaply by buying a used WiiU and BotW for WiiU.

I am looking forward to getting the Switch (hopefully Nintendo-refurbished) after its first price cut. Splatoon 2 will probably be great by then.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I'm excited for Splatoon 2, but I do hope they keep things trickling in a little faster than last time. By the time the last 2 maps were unveiled, I was burnt out on it.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

dirby posted:

You could probably do this more cheaply by buying a used WiiU and BotW for WiiU.

While that might be true, they would only be able to play on their own toilet. With the portable power of the switch, you can videogames on anybody's toilet!

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

dirby posted:

You could also buy a dog that recently died instead of a living one. After all, its cheaper (no food, vet bills, etc.) and it still might be warm enough to pet and cuddle with for awhile.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I'm probably in the minority here, but I liked playing and learning the small amount of maps when Splatoon launched. And when they'd release a couple of stages and some new weapons, it renewed my interest in the game many more times than it would've if they'd dropped all the levels into the game on day one. The updates made the world feel really alive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Mahoning posted:

You could also buy a dog that recently died instead of a living one. After all, its cheaper (no food, vet bills, etc.) and it still might be warm enough to pet and cuddle with for awhile.

:catstare:

• Locked thread