Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

A Pale Horse posted:

Looking forward to being branded a pedo-apologist now I suppose, but I feel like I have the perspective to speak on this honestly.

I don't know, were you on Maher less than a week ago accusing transwomen of being rapists?

You're not wrong either about the weird social dynamics that occur in gay culture because of how ostracized gay kids feel, or that the wages of pedophilia and ephebophilia are different. That doesn't make the latter a good thing, and the reason people are celebrating this is that Milo is a loving prick.

His being undone by a partly-disingenuous attack from the right is a kind of poetic justice we usually don't get in the real world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Milo attacked the person who made this video below relentlessly in the past, and not a fan.

This is an interesting take operating from taking Milo at his word as being a victim, listing off traits of male sexual abuse victims and how they end up acting out towards others. A good listen. Won't lead to me forgiving him, but has me intrigued on what could happen if Milo actually started to address his own abuse rather than continue on as if nothing happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZK6vv4hxT8

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
here's an idea: adults shouldnt gently caress minors.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Darkman Fanpage posted:

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Bud K ninja sword posted:

nah duder alternate perspectives stimulate good conversation. I think clear consent helps to cut through the bullshit but even i have to cringe at the thought folks being groomed or exploited just because of a feeling of not belonging or whatnot. I spent a lot of time volunteering in homes for gay and lesbian teenagers who's parents basically gave em the old bible shove out the house, and that story is pretty common. I just have issues with kids rejected by hetero parents seeking adults to fill an adult mentoring role and being taken advantage of for it.

Oh absolutely. And I have no idea whether not perceiving it as abuse is a psychological defense mechanism or whether its real. Like most things with sex its messy and not completely black and white. I tend to think that if the adult actively grooms and/or pursues the teen, then it is abuse. Its what happens when the teen seeks it out and is the pursuer that things become hazy.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS
Still feel like adult men loving 13 year olds isn't a healthy thing to be promoting. Even if you look back on the experience and are fine with it, it was still a predatory act by the adult and it's possible that guy did damage other people. It's also crazier to be promoting it these days, when you could instead be advocating for parents to accept their kids and allow them to have relationships with kids their own age. That kind of cruising should be a relic of the past, not something we promote as the optimal way for teenagers to explore their sexuality.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

wizard on a water slide posted:

His being undone by a partly-disingenuous attack from the right is a kind of poetic justice we usually don't get in the real world.

This I can get behind one hundred percent. Milo deserves to reap the harvest of the hate he's been sowing for the last couple of years.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

A Pale Horse posted:

Its what happens when the teen seeks it out and is the pursuer that things become hazy.

Eh I dont really see it as hazy though. Its like when a much younger girl develops a crush on you, or something, you are a grown rear end responsible adult, act that way. Kids are still kids no matter how mature they seem or think they are. Being a good mentor is kinda the whole other side of the coin from loving your protege, thats really not a "good mentor" quality imho

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

A Pale Horse posted:

He was specifically talking about gay teen boys though, and if you talk with older members (35+) of the gay community, if not a majority, certainly a sizable minority had their first sexual experiences with adults and many don't feel that they were abused (i.e. George Takei apparently). Interestingly in his press conference yesterday that's the one thing he categorically refused to back off of, that such relationships can be beneficial for teens. I don't know. I'm a medical doctor and will be starting a doctorate in psychiatry in several months as well as being a gay man who was both abused (at age 6) and who sought out "abuse" from older men as a teen (as I alluded to before) and I honestly don't know the answer. I can say without a doubt that there was a huge difference between what happened to me at 6 and what happened at 14 even though the sexual abuse at 6 was "milder" in terms of the acts performed. The abuse at 6 was very traumatic and something I spent years in counseling getting over (as an adult, I never told anyone) but the activity at 14 is not something I look back on with disgust or fear. I tend to think sexual activity within the age appropriate peer group is going to be safer and better for teens and luckily we now live in a world (in the west) where that's possible for a lot of gay youth and I would certainly not encourage any man to have sex with a teen, even if the teen seeks it out, but it may be that in this specific instance the issue is not completely black and white.

Looking forward to being branded a pedo-apologist now I suppose, but I feel like I have the perspective to speak on this honestly.

If it's truly a common part of the gay male experience, and I have no experience to go off of so I have to defer to you, then it's something that will need to be discarded, because I don't think that's an area where mainstream culture is going to accommodate much and if this Milo thing really does bring to light that it's seen as no bigs for a 14 year old to get biblical with an adult male in the gay community then that will put homosexuality, which has made major strides toward being normalized, back somewhere between religious nuts living in compounds with their child brides and libertarian age of consent nuts living in, uh, different compounds.

mysterious frankie has issued a correction as of 17:51 on Feb 22, 2017

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Milo is getting everything he deserves.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Montasque posted:

untrue the forced haircut hasnt happened yet.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Montasque posted:

Money and fame?

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

mysterious frankie posted:

If it's truly a common part of the gay male experience, and I have no experience to go off of so I have to defer to you, then it's something that will need to be discarded, because I don't think that's an area where mainstream culture is going to accommodate much and if this Milo thing really does bring to light that it's seen as no bigs for a 14 year old to get biblical with an adult male in the gay community then that will put homosexuality, which has made major strides toward being normalized, back somewhere between religious nuts living in compounds with their child brides and libertarian age of consent nuts living in, uh, different compounds.

Well my hope is that it becomes less common and less necessary as society fully accepts homosexuality (if indeed that ever comes). I mean, you'll never eliminate it completely just like you can't eliminate all inappropriate heterosexual relationships nowadays but you can certainly push it to the margins of experience as long as queer kids can truly be who they are without fear of familial or peer group rejection for their orientation. Like I said in an earlier post, I think more sexually tolerant and open societies paradoxically marginalize universally amoral sexual behavior and make it more difficult for predators to do their evil. Like you say, maybe it can become a relic of the past.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Richard Spencer weighs in, hates Milo, happy the ALT-LITE is dying:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp246hVPcwI

I only got one minute in before I wanted to punch my monitor.

Montasque has issued a correction as of 18:02 on Feb 22, 2017

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Montasque posted:

Richard Spencer weighs in, hates Milo, happy the ALT-LITE is dying:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp246hVPcwI

I only got one minute in before I wanted to punch my monitor.

i cant even see that gif without wanting to punch the monitor, you are stronger than I

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

spacetoaster posted:

Money and fame?

hahah are you still on the "no, this is GOOD for milo" train

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
#winning

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

A Pale Horse posted:

Well my hope is that it becomes less common and less necessary as society fully accepts homosexuality (if indeed that ever comes). I mean, you'll never eliminate it completely just like you can't eliminate all inappropriate heterosexual relationships nowadays but you can certainly push it to the margins of experience as long as queer kids can truly be who they are without fear of familial or peer group rejection for their orientation. Like I said in an earlier post, I think more sexually tolerant and open societies paradoxically marginalize universally amoral sexual behavior and make it more difficult for predators to do their evil. Like you say, maybe it can become a relic of the past.

Then it's especially good Milo got sniped before hitting the main, if his line was that it's normal and good and everyone like him does it. poo poo like that can undo a lot of progress, or at least make the fight more difficult. Better to swat him down before he's accepted and showing up on the view or something all being like "Hello straight people who don't interact much with gay people (that you know of), as a gay person- and therefore a representative of all gay people- I am here to inform you we love loving adolescents, and will probably gently caress some of your own adolescents! And there's nothing you can do about it! *smug face*"

The more viewpoints I take in the more I see him as a destructive little creep, and I didn't think that was possible.

EDIT: The irony of who actually took Milo down is that they probably thought they were helping to protect the world from the deadly gay agenda, but accidentally sniped someone who could have helped make their case for them, if allowed to ascend.

mysterious frankie has issued a correction as of 18:19 on Feb 22, 2017

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

He just went from $250k book deal to hocking silver iodine toothpaste on INFOWARS.

This is really good for Milo. Just the best. The greatest.

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

henry rollins talking sense

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
It's pretty easy to draw a line from Milo shilling for conservative anti-gay causes and him being an abuser of minors.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Montasque posted:

He just went from $250k book deal to hocking silver iodine toothpaste on INFOWARS.

This is really good for Milo. Just the best. The greatest.

TROLL ACADEMY

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Darkman Fanpage posted:

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Holy moly, I just listened to that Maher clip on lunch. Dang Billbo, that was some hot take action there.

EDIT: I guess I know why he had Milo on; they both share a love of children.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

I'm going to sign up.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

do these people really need education on how to troll

holy gently caress this is the most square thing i've ever seen.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Panzeh posted:

do these people really need education on how to troll

holy gently caress this is the most square thing i've ever seen.

STEP ONE: ask if they are mad
STEP TWO: say "but really, y r u mad tho"
STEP THREE: spin Milo Yiannopolous brand prayer wheel for focus before continuing.
STEP FOUR: ask again why they are mad

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

I thought Troll Academy was the name of his next college tour not the new online venture he plans on starting, at least that's what I heard in the press conference yesterday. Either way Its sure to be lovely and thought provoking and not at all the same recycled trash he's been vomiting for the past 18 months to incels and brosefs all around the US.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Montasque posted:

I'm going to sign up.
why pay to learn what you can absorb by osmosis here on sa

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

what is this and how much is he fleecing from idiots

will this be like a pick up artist bootcamp thing but for people that only seek to insult others

that actually just sounds like a pick up artist bootcamp thing.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

yeah im classically trained in trolling and hold a masters in ancient greek. i actually based my trolling thesis on oscar wilde's work in classical greek studies (please notice me milo i am a milosexual!!!)

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

cumshitter posted:

yeah im classically trained in trolling and hold a masters in ancient greek. i actually based my trolling thesis on oscar wilde's work in classical greek studies (please notice me milo i am a milosexual!!!)

Who is that svelte dashing man? :swoon:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
so i expect troll academy will have a bunch of guys staying the same house together with milo so he can train them to interact like he does. obviously there'll be an age cutoff of 13 - 15.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Bud K ninja sword posted:

Who is that svelte dashing man? :swoon:

that is mario

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

cumshitter posted:

i've been wondering who was making all those lovely mario maker levels where you can tell the creator thinks they're being hilarious by making a bad level

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Al! posted:

hahah are you still on the "no, this is GOOD for milo" train

??

I didn't know there was a train.

I'm just looking at the reactions to his little conference (lot's of people are ok with it). And the fact that he's going to release his book and continue speaking.

Yes, he's fallen quite a bit. But he isn't done for, and will be making money.

I get that we all really, really hate him and are masturbating furiously to the thought of him crying himself to sleep every night as he fades into obscurity, but I'm not seeing that happening. Heck, we can't stop talking about him here and we don't care for him at all!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

mysterious frankie posted:

Holy moly, I just listened to that Maher clip on lunch. Dang Billbo, that was some hot take action there.

EDIT: I guess I know why he had Milo on; they both share a love of children.

but it's love!

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/834465306923978764

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

ahahaha bill is such a scumbag. the day before all of this went down he was talking about how much he liked milo