Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

These questions are poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Schnorkles posted:

elon musk is going to take us to the stars and then you will look at this post and feel dumb

dumb i say

jokes on you, i'm already dumb

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

obamacare is mammoth

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

euphronius posted:

That warp drive is only possible with irc negative mass

just use slack insread bing bong simple

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

Burt Sexual posted:

What question? Can I turn closed captioning on in you tube? I'm in a meeting ATM for work lol

someone asked if Trump will be watching the Oscars and can we expect a tweet

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

gently caress off

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

lmaooooo

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

well that's adorable as hell :kimchi:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
FALSE NARRATIVES

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

"Is there any evidence at all that these protesters are paid?"

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I want to go to space

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

his death will be the one that hits me the hardest

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Squizzle posted:

just use slack insread bing bong simple

never!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

Von Sloneker posted:

someone asked if Trump will be watching the Oscars and can we expect a tweet

also: "hey sean spicer, why do you think celebrities do things like make anti-trump acceptance speeches? what's up with that?"

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Coolguye posted:

warp technology (ie folding space in front of you and unraveling it behind you to achieve 'ftl' speeds) became theoretically possible 3 years back with new discoveries in physics actually! before it was just technology-as-magic.

now all we need to do is establish a mining infrastructure in space because there's no way you're ever getting sufficient minerals out of the earth, master void building on a large scale, work out commercial and logistics ties between void-side and planet-side infrastructures, and actually come up with a good reason for returning to a planet-side infrastructure when we already have at least okay solutions for every major habitability challenge in a void habitat, and find a good engineering solution for an interstellar starship, and a good reason to build one!

BUT I'M SURE THAT WILL ALL BE VERY EASY

Almost assuredly impossible actually

http://boingboing.net/2015/11/16/our-generation-ships-will-sink.html

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Calibanibal posted:

obamacare is mammoth

i would like to ride a mammoth

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Does he have a friendship bracelet on?>

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Spicy's mad!

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
does sean spicer know the difference between medicare and medicaid

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Today's the day they ask about banon. Milo on front page off CNN and all.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

MEDICAID EXPANSION IS OBAMACARE YOU PIECE OF poo poo

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

"I'M NOT MAKING IT UP!"

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008

zegermans posted:

These questions are poo poo

Is there like an exact moment in US history where the press became poo poo or has it always been poo poo

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
So Trumps only policy that isn't just undo what Obama did is the Muslim travel ban that is now the this is not targeted at Muslims Muslim travel ban.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Spicy gettin heated again

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
sean has been very wingnutty today, it's rather unpleasant

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
it's not a priority, we just felt it was important to change course

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Holy poo poo gently caress off spicer

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Give the Anne Frank Center press credentials

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i wanna ride a mammoyh into space

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

Elephanthead posted:

So Trumps only policy that isn't just undo what Obama did is the Muslim travel ban that is now the this is not targeted at Muslims Muslim travel ban.

Assuming America was great before Obama, he's just returning us to our naturally great state. What could go wrong?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

The further spicy gets from an SNL skit on him the bolder he gets

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

"Has Been" is an unironically good album.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Dork457 posted:

Give the Anne Frank Center press credentials

This but Teen Vogue

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Coolguye posted:

warp technology (ie folding space in front of you and unraveling it behind you to achieve 'ftl' speeds) became theoretically possible 3 years back with new discoveries in physics actually! before it was just technology-as-magic.

now all we need to do is establish a mining infrastructure in space because there's no way you're ever getting sufficient minerals out of the earth, master void building on a large scale, work out commercial and logistics ties between void-side and planet-side infrastructures, and actually come up with a good reason for returning to a planet-side infrastructure when we already have at least okay solutions for every major habitability challenge in a void habitat, and find a good engineering solution for an interstellar starship, and a good reason to build one!

BUT I'M SURE THAT WILL ALL BE VERY EASY

there's a timeline where the transistor remains a theoretical circuit component like the memristor was until a decade or so ago

in that time line we have hundreds of permanent space stations orbiting earth for everything from weather monitoring to espionage to tourism

we all do math with slide rules and space pens (russians use pencils because they are dumb and don't care about hazardous debris in a freefall environment)

everyone is looking forward to 2020 when the first manned crew of an orion-drive vessel breaches the helioshock and humanity enters interstellar space for the first time, the crew solemnly prepared to join the ranks of the greatest heroes of the age: the first to enter orbit, the first to walk on the moon, the first to walk on mars, the first asteroid colonists, and the first to visit titan

anyway too bad we live in the timeline where trump is president, sucks huh

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

prefect posted:

"Has Been" is an unironically good album.

:hai:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Gringostar posted:

trump is president, we're going to die as a species without ever setting foot on another planet. eat arby's

nice

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Schnorkles posted:

i would like to ride a mammoth

We are breeding poo poo to get them back. You probably won't be able to ride one though because they will be expensive and only available to oligarchs.

Edit: I refuse to believe there will never be an Arby's on another planet.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
HAHAHA THAT'S THAT KID

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

SpaceGoku posted:

there's a timeline where the transistor remains a theoretical circuit component like the memristor was until a decade or so ago

in that time line we have hundreds of permanent space stations orbiting earth for everything from weather monitoring to espionage to tourism

we all do math with slide rules and space pens (russians use pencils because they are dumb and don't care about hazardous debris in a freefall environment)

everyone is looking forward to 2020 when the first manned crew of an orion-drive vessel breaches the helioshock and humanity enters interstellar space for the first time, the crew solemnly prepared to join the ranks of the greatest heroes of the age: the first to enter orbit, the first to walk on the moon, the first to walk on mars, the first asteroid colonists, and the first to visit titan

anyway too bad we live in the timeline where trump is president, sucks huh

im actyally cisistor but try to be an ally

• Locked thread