Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mayor Dave posted:

This but Teen Vogue

Or ed balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

euphronius posted:

That warp drive is only possible with irc negative mass

which they have a (again, mostly theoretical but it works in the lab) drive that works off microwave reflection and should not, by newtonian physics, actually work, and matter of fact fill the negative mass requirement there too

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

"we have 5000 positions to fill!"

*has only nominated like 20*

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

Elephanthead posted:

We are breeding poo poo to get them back. You probably won't be able to ride one though because they will be expensive and only available to oligarchs.

Edit: I refuse to believe there will never be an Arby's on another planet.

i want a tiny giraffe like that guy in that commercial advertising that thing

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

shatner does a spoken word duet with henry loving rollins

just think about that for a minute

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Coolguye posted:

which they have a (again, mostly theoretical but it works in the lab) drive that works off microwave reflection and should not, by newtonian physics, actually work, and matter of fact fill the negative mass requirement there too

how lazy do you have to be to use a warp drive to get around yr lab

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
I will own a mammoth.

You laugh at me now, but it will be my most glorious achievement

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

euphronius posted:

so his mad tweets are actually him just being mad

That's amazing

did you seriously think it was 3d chess or something

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

change my name posted:

https://twitter.com/AP/status/834453108289892353

thank god, the bathrooms should be safe spaces on campus for men to be men wait what

Usually I can at least understand most of the the rights hate-crusade even if I don't agree with it, but this one seemed especially weird. As long transgenders are following the social contract of public bathroom rules (don't make eye contact, no chit chat, just go quietly into the stall and wash your hands when your done) that everyone follows, how do you even know if someone using the bathroom is transgender? It's not like they'll be standing next to you at the urinal.

At least some of them might have seen 2 dudes making out in a park and gotten grossed out at one point, that kinda makes sense. But the bathroom rules seems better off if we left it with don't ask don't tell.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/834468138683158529

:stare:

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3PoEwRi5XQ

no seriously, shatner and rollins

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Jesus

quote:

The in-person touch is also important to keeping Trump from running too hot. One Trump associate said it’s important to show Trump deference and offer him praise and respect, as that will lead him to more often listen. And If Trump becomes obsessed with a grudge, aides need to try and change the subject, friends say. Leaving him alone for several hours can prove damaging, because he consumes too much television and gripes to people outside the White House.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

IT'S ONLY ALMOST THIS IS DEFEATIST SIR

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

I will own a mammoth.

imagine if you got n a teleportet accident w jeff goldblum and a mammoth

tgat would rule

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Coolguye posted:

warp technology (ie folding space in front of you and unraveling it behind you to achieve 'ftl' speeds) became theoretically possible 3 years back with new discoveries in physics actually! before it was just technology-as-magic.

now all we need to do is establish a mining infrastructure in space because there's no way you're ever getting sufficient minerals out of the earth, master void building on a large scale, work out commercial and logistics ties between void-side and planet-side infrastructures, and actually come up with a good reason for returning to a planet-side infrastructure when we already have at least okay solutions for every major habitability challenge in a void habitat, and find a good engineering solution for an interstellar starship, and a good reason to build one!

BUT I'M SURE THAT WILL ALL BE VERY EASY

All that would probably cost less than the GWOT

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

loving please

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

The Nastier Nate posted:

Usually I can at least understand most of the the rights hate-crusade even if I don't agree with it, but this one seemed especially weird. As long transgenders are following the social contract of public bathroom rules (don't make eye contact, no chit chat, just go quietly into the stall and wash your hands when your done) that everyone follows, how do you even know if someone using the bathroom is transgender? It's not like they'll be standing next to you at the urinal.

At least some of them might have seen 2 dudes making out in a park and gotten grossed out at one point, that kinda makes sense. But the bathroom rules seems better off if we left it with don't ask don't tell.

They're worried about dude looking ppl going into women's bathrooms.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Schnorkles posted:

I will own a mammoth.

gently caress owning one, i'mma eat a mammoth. We must have hunted them to extinction for a reason right?

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

:jackbud:

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

lmao trump is like a sad person who is perpetually recovering from a bad breakup, 24/7, every day of his life

haha sucks to be him

sucks to be everyone

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Literally A Child

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
who's that kid who like ran some website and got a press credential, he tucked in his tie

it's surprisingly hard to google

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Gringostar posted:

I'm unironically glad this weird album is getting the appreciation it deserves lately. The Common People cover is really good.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

"Yes how are you going to pay for all this poo poo"

"sorry can't talk about that"

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

This is all I've wanted since he rode down that golden escalator.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lol

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

"He named the task force" I'm dying

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Pence is gathering names, worrying

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

i hope trump sends angry texts about classified discussions to normal citizens and one of them shares those chat logs to bury him

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Coolguye posted:

I remember there were some practicality issues with actually using this thing

like wouldn't it require like the energy of a small star to operate over meaningful distances

it's still probably better than our 10-years-ago best bet of "nah we're probably stuck in the inner solar system forever unless we literally plan to support multiple generations of humans mid-flight"

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

quadrophrenic posted:

who's that kid who like ran some website and got a press credential, he tucked in his tie

it's surprisingly hard to google

In deepthroat voice: Follow the twinks.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Gringostar posted:

I can't get behind that.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

release the EO so the riots can begin

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
a Spicy Markov generator would be really easy

The President has made it very clear,
but we're not going to get ahead of ourselves we'll get back to you on that
but you'll have to ask <Department>

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

The Nastier Nate posted:

These people seriously think that a serial rapist/molester is only being stopped from going into a women's restroom because of a sign on the door and that they can now camouflage themselves as women to assault them.

These are also the same idiots who (correctly) state that spree shooters aren't going to pay attention to a gun-free zone sign outside of a school.

Cognitive dissonance is a hell of a drug.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Pretty weak episode of The Spice of Life today

hope they pick up tomorrow, maybe we get a good cliffhanger for the weekend

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
less than half an hour of spice

we'll cover the immigration later *immediately leaves*

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I can't get behind that.

always can do one more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
My Spice tolerance is getting up there, that didn't do it for me at all

• Locked thread