Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Braun?
This poll is closed.
Owns 4 2.15%
Really Owns 5 2.69%
BRAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNN!!! 57 30.65%
120 64.52%
Total: 186 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Eli Wiggum posted:

Name one other tag team in the last six months that a cut a promo with that much fire.

Heath Slater has kids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Eli Wiggum posted:

Name one other tag team in the last six months that a cut a promo with that much fire.

I didn't say it wasn't a good promo. But you're all a bunch of fickle mushheads

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

oldpainless posted:

What champs have been exceptions to the 30 day rule? Lesnar was one. Didn't punk go over 30 days?

They don't have to defend within 30 days, they just have to be available to defend within 30 days.

I bet this checks out, someone scan the archives.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Luke is cool, I can't wait until he gets to wear the big belt.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

sportsgenius86 posted:

Because the show is booked wonderfully.

There's a lot of crowds that could be hot if Raw gave them any reason to care. Raw has no understanding of an audience. Raw has an extra hour of show and yet I would still guarantee if that promo last night was on Raw, Alexa would've interrupted it 5 minutes sooner and nobody would've given a poo poo because nothing about Naomi's part would've been allowed to resonate.

It also helps when you have an authority figure who isn't a legit narcissist worried only about how she comes off in the segment.

also that the mcmahon on smackdown is way more interested in throwing himself off tall things

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Efexeye posted:

jesus christ the usos cut one loving promo you guys

heel usos have been good for a while now. pretty much as soon as they went all Revival with loving people's legs to hell

also yesterday they cut a good promo on Smackdown Live! and they were great on Talking Smack!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

a new study bible! posted:

Luke is cool, I can't wait until he gets to wear the big belt.

He's going to be buried for making them look bad with that botch.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Aphrodite posted:

"Hey man we gave you a chance. Try again in 5 years"

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Eli Wiggum posted:

Charlotte could learn a lot from Alexa Bliss on how to properly work the mic as a heel

What DO you mean that. CHARLOTTE can DO THE BEST promos? of all THE women. On the rosTER!

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
They had an easy out to avoid the botch ever occurring, too - have Harper and Styles on the apron, both struggling to knock the other off while not hitting the floor, one of them is about to get an advantage and right at the climax...

Lights come back on and both Harper and Styles are down on the floor. Lights were out, so no way to show a replay or confirm which one hit first, match is a draw, continue storyline as it is now.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Efexeye posted:

jesus christ the usos cut one loving promo you guys

Two if you include Talking Smack. I think it's nice that they've finally found their groove.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

flashy_mcflash posted:

Two if you include Talking Smack. I think it's nice that they've finally found their groove.

I like how husband uso was still trying to skirt the line and stay heel and not act like he was married to a face and brother-in-law uso gave zero shits about kayfabe.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
The Usos have always been solid hands in the ring and are finally opening up/flourishing with their new direction. It's good!

SDL deserves all the praise it gets. Amazing show. AJ Styles vs Harper is a great pairing. I hope they don't do a redraft.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The fat Uso has always had a ton of personality on Total Divas. Last night was the first time in however many years in WWE that he was actually allowed to be himself.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Aphrodite posted:

I didn't get a chance to see it last night, but I was planning on watching the Hulu stream tonight. How bad was it?

Seemed like the spotting was weird with AJ being all inverted like that.

Daniel could have easily waved it away by saying that both of them were in the air falling at the same time, so it's a draw regardless.

Don't bury my man Luke :(

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Is the fat Uso Jey or Jimmy? I could never really tell them apart :saddowns:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I said it last night, but I'll say it again... the Usos are now Key & Peele characters.

I'm expecting them to go "US-OOOOOO!" and then explode.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

I didn't get a chance to see it last night, but I was planning on watching the Hulu stream tonight. How bad was it?

Daniel could have easily waved it away by saying that both of them were in the air falling at the same time, so it's a draw regardless.

Harper was still lying on the apron when AJ went over and touched.

The spotting was awkward but that's still on the wrestlers for botching.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, I mean you have to figure they practiced that at least a few times to work on the timing.

He was likely supposed to suplex AJ onto the apron so they could both flop off. Instead AJ missed the apron entirely and went to the floor, and Luke rolled off but clearly later than AJ.

It looked like Luke couldn't keep AJ vertical (or AJ couldn't keep himself up? I'm not sure exactly how much of a suplex each man contributes) as they started to go backwards so he went off sideways instead of straight.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Eli Wiggum posted:

Jimmy is fatter, wears a mesh shirt in the ring, and has face paint on the right half of his face when they're painted up

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Efexeye posted:

But you're all a bunch of fickle mushheads

Welcome to Rowdy Ringsports.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

On one hand I love Lou Parper and Big Breakfast and Husky "Waylon Mercy" Harris getting big pushes and looking great in the ring. On the other hand I love AJ Styles so it's depressing to think that even though he's the 2nd-to-last man in all these matches, he's going to end up with a spotmonkey match against Shane. I'd much rather have him in a triple threat with the swampmens.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i like to call Bray Wyatt the Eater of Seconds

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

CubsWoo posted:

They had an easy out to avoid the botch ever occurring, too - have Harper and Styles on the apron, both struggling to knock the other off while not hitting the floor, one of them is about to get an advantage and right at the climax...

Lights come back on and both Harper and Styles are down on the floor. Lights were out, so no way to show a replay or confirm which one hit first, match is a draw, continue storyline as it is now.

This makes entirely too much sense.

Eli Wiggum posted:

If people start being able to regularly tell them apart, that's how you'll know they're on another level (another good part of their heel turn, they're starting to dress different). The Bellas were lucky, they look nothing alike but still got to do twin magic spots.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Miz to me reminds me of what Jarrett used to be in WWE. Not a main event guy at all, but very very good as a midcard heel.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Blaise330 posted:

The Bellas were lucky, they look nothing alike but still got to do twin magic spots.
And then Nikki got implants

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Eli Wiggum posted:

And then Nikki got implants

Brie just stuffed her bra when they'd twin magic. No, really. In hindsight that was pretty funny.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Hahahah I didn't know that

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
"Look nothing alike"

They're literal twins. Not like they had R Truth and Kofi out there doing twin magic

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Yeah I couldn't tell Brie and Nikki apart until Nikki got bigger boobs. I can tell the Usos apart but I still don't know which one is which, and I can only tell them apart because one is fat now.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The only thing to really tell the Bellas apart pre-boobjob was Brie's vag tattoos, and those are easy enough to cover up for Twin Magic.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

The only thing to really tell the Bellas apart pre-boobjob was Brie's vag tattoos, and those are easy enough to cover up for Twin Magic.

It's Wednesday here, in this WWE discussion thread

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Going to repeat my fantasy booking idea for a racist referee who can't tell black people apart so he's constantly letting like the New Day do twin magic and eventually like Mark Henry and Rich Swann win the tag belts when they realize what's going on.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

This is probably just me, but whenever Charlotte finishes a sentence I expect for to say "Hooo-Kogan!"
Her delivery reminds me of Ultimate Warrior in that one promo is what I'm trying to say.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Sandman McMahon posted:

This is probably just me, but whenever Charlotte finishes a sentence I expect for to say "Hooo-Kogan!"
Her delivery reminds me of Ultimate Warrior in that one promo is what I'm trying to say.

It's very good, I agree

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
We Need to Talk About Kevin Owens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhQ4SF2GnR4

my 2 cents: KO does that look because he knows it's unsettling and Landis and Reddit are reading too much into it, but I wanted to make a We Need to Talk About Kevin joke

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

Twins tend to have one with a round face and one with a straighter face. Nikki has a bigger chin.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Sandman McMahon posted:

I loving wish Charlotte would cut promos about how nightmares are the best part of her day and how Bayley should take a plane into a nosedive. We need someone in the women's division like that but all the good wrestlers either have an accent that wouldn't work with that (Asuka, Becky, the Aussies) or already have perfect gimmicks (Alexa).

If Rosemary ever leaves TNA they could pick her up or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

the_american_dream posted:

"Look nothing alike"

They're literal twins. Not like they had R TruthXavier and Kofi out there doing twin magic

:haw:

Eli Wiggum posted:

Hahahah I didn't know that

It was amazing. Brie got pinned and she started pulling it out so the ref would restart the match.

• Locked thread