Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

quote:

I chuckled at the little queer fellow and then I asked my panel about weirdo's peeing. Thats how i saved the republic.

-A loving smug rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Holy poo poo what a loving idiot scumbag he literally shook his hand and called him a young Christopher hitchens holy gently caress what a stupid prick.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
NEW RULE: pedophilia is fine as long as its a loving relationship

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
also it should be pointed out that it was JOE ROGAN who brought down milo

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

I pretty much agree with Pale Horse. Most of what Milo was saying wasn't bad as he was mostly defending pedophilia anecdotally (i.e. it can be consensual and not traumatizing for sexually mature teens but age of consent laws are still important), and age of consent is admittedly somewhat arbitrary. The problem is how this contrasts with his reactionary anti-trans bullshit

On the scale of Milo bullshit this is one of the least groteque things he's ever said. But eh, the ends justify the means and I'm glad he's been canned for it b/c gently caress Milo

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
A good compendium of bill maher being a bigoted prick:-

https://twitter.com/dancohen3000/status/834113386065522689

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Milo was speaking about his own experiences of being an abused child. His bullshit is just rationalizing his rape.

Maher meanwhile thinks it's cool to gently caress kids as long as it's for love.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
It's called Stockholm syndrome.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Barbe Rouge posted:

henry rollins talking sense

Henry Rollins trying not to punch someone on national tv.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

spacetoaster posted:

??

I didn't know there was a train.

I'm just looking at the reactions to his little conference (lot's of people are ok with it). And the fact that he's going to release his book and continue speaking.

Yes, he's fallen quite a bit. But he isn't done for, and will be making money.

I get that we all really, really hate him and are masturbating furiously to the thought of him crying himself to sleep every night as he fades into obscurity, but I'm not seeing that happening. Heck, we can't stop talking about him here and we don't care for him at all!

"releasing a book" and "getting a big book deal" are two separate, totally different things. People are still talking about him cause he just had a spectacular fall from grace.

He ain't gon' be OK. He's going to exist in the margins of the weirdo conservative movements for eternity now. Yeah, those loving people will buy iodine for a hundred dollars if you tell them it pisses off the libs, but Milo will never be a mainstream name ever again.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Montasque posted:

I'm going to sign up.

why? it's like a doctorate holder from Harvard looking into signing up at Devry

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Darkman Fanpage posted:

also it should be pointed out that it was JOE ROGAN who brought down milo

Yeah. The only reason Maher booked Milo is because he thought they could jerk off about being freedom of speech heroes after the Berkeley protest. Which is also why Milo was booked at CPAC, and it was being the keynote speaker at CPAC that triggered Reagan Battalion. Bill Maher had absolutely nothing to do with the sequence of events that led to Milo's fall from grace.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Yeah. The only reason Maher booked Milo is because he thought they could jerk off about being freedom of speech heroes after the Berkeley protest. Which is also why Milo was booked at CPAC, and it was being the keynote speaker at CPAC that triggered Reagan Battalion. Bill Maher had absolutely nothing to do with the sequence of events that led to Milo's fall from grace.

that does and will not however, prevent him from huffing his own farts

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Montasque posted:

Milo was speaking about his own experiences of being an abused child. His bullshit is just rationalizing his rape.

Maher meanwhile thinks it's cool to gently caress kids as long as it's for love.

Milo goes a lot further than rationalizing his rape when he advocates for the continued predation of young men by adults. He wants crusing to be the norm, he wants gay culture to stay in the shadows, and I'm absolutely sure that he's been loving teenagers within the last year. I don't understand why anybody thinks this is one of the least objectionable things Milo has ever said, when it fits perfectly into his nihilistic sex politics. It's one of the most vile aspects of his ideology.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Milo goes a lot further than rationalizing his rape when he advocates for the continued predation of young men by adults. He wants crusing to be the norm, he wants gay culture to stay in the shadows, and I'm absolutely sure that he's been loving teenagers within the last year. I don't understand why anybody thinks this is one of the least objectionable things Milo has ever said, when it fits perfectly into his nihilistic sex politics. It's one of the most vile aspects of his ideology.

Don't read too deeply into my comment, I just want Maher to get tarred and feathered as well.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I agree with this actually.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

To restate what you're alluding to more baldly: Maher knew he could get views, and therefore money, by featuring a ripped-from-the-headlines controversial figures on his show.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
bill maher's big stupid moai-looking jaw needed to be introduced to the business end of a claw hammer years ago

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Wikkheiser posted:

I agree with this actually.

agree with what? wearing a boyz-to-men outfit? You were there when milo caught a fish that big? or the "emotionally needy Ann Coulter wannabe" quote which could just as easily be tattooed on that condescending rear end in a top hat bill maher's forehead as well?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
is it too much to hope that some of this milo blowback hits billy boy as well, given that he himself has professed similar views on pederasty? i would love it if this proud defender of free speech except for muslims got the michael savage treatment, especially to watch this poo poo-winged icarus cry about free speech all the way down

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Al! posted:

is it too much to hope that some of this milo blowback hits billy boy as well, given that he himself has professed similar views on pederasty? i would love it if this proud defender of free speech except for muslims got the michael savage treatment, especially to watch this poo poo-winged icarus cry about free speech all the way down

it might be, yeah. :(

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Bud K ninja sword posted:

agree with what? wearing a boyz-to-men outfit? You were there when milo caught a fish that big? or the "emotionally needy Ann Coulter wannabe" quote which could just as easily be tattooed on that condescending rear end in a top hat bill maher's forehead as well?
It's just my thinking of how the news and media biz work. As was pointed out

Yossarian-22 posted:

I pretty much agree with Pale Horse. Most of what Milo was saying wasn't bad as he was mostly defending pedophilia anecdotally (i.e. it can be consensual and not traumatizing for sexually mature teens but age of consent laws are still important), and age of consent is admittedly somewhat arbitrary. The problem is how this contrasts with his reactionary anti-trans bullshit

On the scale of Milo bullshit this is one of the least groteque things he's ever said. But eh, the ends justify the means and I'm glad he's been canned for it b/c gently caress Milo
So dumping the pedophilia comments before the weekend wouldn't have worked. And in any case, they were already out there and no one cared. Milo had to rise to a significant enough level (but not too significant) for the comments to work as an effective attack. So him going on Maher was a breakthough moment for his career, which preceded the CPAC announcement, but it was also when he was most vulnerable.

A similar thing happened to Nick Griffin in the U.K. after he appeared on Question Time. He faded after that.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Not that Maher deserves too much credit here. He notes in the interview that he wasn't trying to sabotage Milo. It just worked out that way once he got enough exposure.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Wikkheiser posted:

Not that Maher deserves too much credit here. He notes in the interview that he wasn't trying to sabotage Milo. It just worked out that way once he got enough exposure.

ah gotcha. I was getting the impression you were advocating limo-libs claim to personally destroying him to something more deliberate than timing and coincidence

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Wikkheiser posted:

Maher doesn't deserve any credit. He had nothing to do with why CPAC invited Milo to be the keynote.

Montasque posted:

Don't read too deeply into my comment, I just want Maher to get tarred and feathered as well.

I just wanted to address this weird sentiment floating around that Milo was taken down for one of his least objectionable statements, when what everyone is objecting to is very specific and explicit. This is what I alluded to earlier when I said his defenders would pretend everyone is outraged about him joking about being raped, and not his weird rape politics. I'm not saying anybody ITT is defending Milo, but it's really missing the forest for the trees to think that he's being destroyed because he talked about cruising.

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 20:49 on Feb 22, 2017

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Montasque posted:

I'm kinda with this.

I like the idea of "Politically Incorrect", but god the host can drive me loony with smarm. I think the idea of a HBO-ized version of the McLaughlin Group ("WRONG!" RIP :smith:). would be pretty awesome if done right.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Al! posted:

What's "the michael savage treatment"?

*edit* do you mean banned?

spacetoaster has issued a correction as of 21:19 on Feb 22, 2017

MicronAle
Jun 16, 2007

We anticipate the exchange of data

Montasque posted:

Richard Spencer weighs in, hates Milo, happy the ALT-LITE is dying:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp246hVPcwI

I only got one minute in before I wanted to punch my monitor.

The situation is quite comical because people keep calling Milo a white nationalist and nazi while white nationalists are like "WHAT! He doesn't represent me at all!"

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Brute Squad posted:

Henry Rollins trying not to punch someone on national tv.

The best part of that clip was Maher being visibly intimidated by Rollins and not wanting to push the issue

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

The best part of that clip was Maher being visibly intimidated by Rollins and not wanting to push the issue

I met the guy once backstage at house of blues, that man is physically intimidating. Great conversationalist and incredibly friendly from what ive seen of him though.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Yo antifa, next time Maher interviews a nazi, sock Bill in the face first

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Bud K ninja sword posted:

I met the guy once backstage at house of blues, that man is physically intimidating. Great conversationalist and incredibly friendly from what ive seen of him though.

Incredibly friendly, but there's also a famous story from one of his books where he was caught stomping a Nazi by some cops and convinced them to join in instead of booking him, which is great

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Incredibly friendly, but there's also a famous story from one of his books where he was caught stomping a Nazi by some cops and convinced them to join in instead of booking him, which is great

I didnt say he wasnt a stone cold badass, the whole time i was talking to him he was pumping on some 50 pound dumbbells drinking some kinda vegan green smoothie thing and talking about societal norms and how they have changed in american culture over the past 100 years.. it was all :psyduck: in a way for me as I fanboi :swoon:-ed the whole time trying not to sound dumb.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

I too have met Mr. Rollins. He's a cool dude who wasn't putting up with Maher's creepy poo poo.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Henry Rollins starred in a fun little indy horror / comedy / crime film called "He Never Died" that is worth watching if ever want to watch him punch people in the face and then eat them

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Burn in hell Bill. You loving liar.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
Maher probably said that because of the genders of the people involved in that case. If the genders were reversed or the same he probably wouldn't have said that or even mentioned the case at all.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Maher said that to tag himself onto the biggest news story of the week. Nothing more complicated or sinister than that.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

Montasque posted:

This column here says much the same thing, speaking about the writer's own experiences, and how he too had rationalised it as "consensual". I understand that's pretty common with all sorts of rape victims, especially ones who, perhaps because they were young and inexperienced, might have been coerced or tricked somehow into these acts. The idea that it's not "really rape" unless it fits a certain narrative continues to be prevalent in society, and people might think things like "he was nice to me, and rapists are bad, so he can't have really raped me" or "it wasn't as if he held me down".

One might also hypothesise that this lashing out at vulnerable people is the act of an abused person - making people afraid of you, so they won't hurt you. Of course, analysing someone I've never met over the internet is never going to give a very precise result, so I don't claim to actually know anything. But I do think it'd be healthier for him as well as everyone else if he were to stop and get whatever help he needs, instead of continuing to be paid to continue this behaviour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/CGasparino/status/834502236550074368