Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I don't think a dead dog is a particularly worse value than a stillborn one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Yo, what's your favorite Zelda game?

A Link to the Past because my brain hooked up a bunch of nice synapses for it when I was a child

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Lemming posted:

A Link to the Past because my brain hooked up a bunch of nice synapses for it when I was a child

Same, but with Link's Awakening. LttP is a close second, though.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

new thread topic :

panicking in excitement due to future possibility of snipperclips (goty) amiibo

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Hearing people talk about waiting for price cuts is like watching that college couple on House Hunters International look for an apartment with a budget of 300 a month

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I keep waffling back and forth between whether I should get this at launch

the one thing I liked about Nintendo's online was that it was free and I really can't believe they are only providing 32 gigs of space in the thing by default

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Calaveron posted:

Any game made and published by Nintendo or a second party holds its value insanely well
He'll up until relatively recently brawl was still selling for like 50 dollars

I heard about that but I looked up some random Nintendo titles on eBay and you were able to get all of them under :10bux:, N64 games seem to keep the value up though.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
To be fair the online is going to be like 25 dollars a year, starting in the fall.

32gb kinda sucks I guess but at this point who doesn't have a giant SD card laying around?

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

eonwe posted:

I keep waffling back and forth between whether I should get this at launch

the one thing I liked about Nintendo's online was that it was free and I really can't believe they are only providing 32 gigs of space in the thing by default

32 gbs is Zelda plus like 4 other games or more right now so you can worry about space later or do a combo of physical and digital and not worry longer

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
wait are the games actually probably that small

wtf

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i was assuming zelda would be like half the space

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

eonwe posted:

i was assuming zelda would be like half the space

I think I heard 11gb for the Wii U game? They've listed the official game sizes now, and only that dual Dragon Quest game is stupid huge.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Zelda is 13.5 gigs so yeah.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Oh man talk about a blast from a Link to the Past:

https://twitter.com/arpeggiotrash/status/833534268479508480

I remember when the guy who wrote that had a literal meltdown over the first Wind Waker trailer.

A lot of fans really wanted this franchise about fighting a giant pig man to be this super serious and tragic epic that would prove games could be art.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Zelda is big but other games aren't

Disgaea 5 – 5.92 GB
Dragon Quest Heroes I & II – 32 GB
I Am Setsuna – 1.40 GB
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 13.4 GB
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 7 GB
Nobunaga’s Ambition – 5 GB
Puyo Puyo Tetris – 1.09 GB
Snipperclips – 1.60 GB

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i didnt even think about physical copies, i guess if I just buy mostly physical its not a big deal

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Oh man talk about a blast from a Link to the Past:

https://twitter.com/arpeggiotrash/status/833534268479508480

I remember when the guy who wrote that had a literal meltdown over the first Wind Waker trailer.

A lot of fans really wanted this franchise about fighting a giant pig man to be this super serious and tragic epic that would prove games could be art.

But Smash Bros was a mistake :smug:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Not a Children posted:

I'm excited for Splatoon 2, but I do hope they keep things trickling in a little faster than last time. By the time the last 2 maps were unveiled, I was burnt out on it.

It's better to keep the playerbase alive by spreading content over a long period of time though, so there's always something new to check out. What would be most ideal is if they could speed up the updates while still having enough to spread over the same length of time.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

eonwe posted:

i didnt even think about physical copies, i guess if I just buy mostly physical its not a big deal

Yea if you get Zelda as a physical copy then you can fit like 12 other games on your device as it comes in the box

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Spellman posted:

I'm probably in the minority here, but I liked playing and learning the small amount of maps when Splatoon launched. And when they'd release a couple of stages and some new weapons, it renewed my interest in the game many more times than it would've if they'd dropped all the levels into the game on day one. The updates made the world feel really alive

The updates were fantastic. I could be OK with a slightly faster release schedule, but I think that was fine too.

Keeping it FRESH was part of it but also keeping the learning curve as smooth as possible for people who didn't get in on day one. A really good system.

Also, I fully support the stage and mode rotations. I'd be fine with three stages or shorter times, but it really encouraged you to GET GUD at different combinations rather than just mastering your one sniper nest or whatever.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Link met Mario like five years before that! Takin a vacation from questing in the mushroom kingdom.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I really wish I remembered fansites I used to go to when I was a kid. I bet there are a bunch of really funny hot takes

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Oh god Kasuto is still up

http://www.kasuto.net/

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

eonwe posted:

I really wish I remembered fansites I used to go to when I was a kid. I bet there are a bunch of really funny hot takes

Earthbound 64 is going to revolutionize the gaming industry

-me, 3rd grade

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

Lemming posted:

Earthbound 64 is going to revolutionize the gaming industry

-me, 3rd grade

I still want this drat game to happen

Mother 3 was good though

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

And the hilarious part is that Wind Waker is about as metal as it gets, especially the ending where the King of Hyrule goes "SUCK MY DICK, I AM FLOODING THIS FAILED KINGDOM FOREVER!" and Link jams a sword into a dude's head.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

The Bloop posted:

Also, I fully support the stage and mode rotations. I'd be fine with three stages or shorter times, but it really encouraged you to GET GUD at different combinations rather than just mastering your one sniper nest or whatever.

Definitely like this too. It feels like each round of stages is an event, and whenever me and my friend's favorite stages and modes would come up, we'd set up a time to play

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Mulva posted:

And the hilarious part is that Wind Waker is about as metal as it gets, especially the ending where the King of Hyrule goes "SUCK MY DICK, I AM FLOODING THIS FAILED KINGDOM FOREVER!" and Link jams a sword into a dude's head.

I read an article by a certain someone with an affinity for Zelda who works for Easy Allies now who in his younger days during the aftermath of the E3 2004 Mature Zelda trailer wrote ways in which he thought the game could be truly "Mature", the number one way of course would be that "Link has to die, onscreen and it's very sad."

Granted we did get a Dead Link in Twilight Princess after all, even if it wasn't the one we were playing as. And he was more of an Undead Link.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Check out these red spines

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I'm upset that the system that used a color I like is the dead, gay system I never bought.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Cojawfee posted:

I'm upset that the system that used a color I like is the dead, gay system I never bought.

Go on.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I like the color of WiiU cases.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Do you like the color of whatever you want? Because decals exist and are very good. And easier to apply then a screen protector.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bombadilillo posted:

Do you like the color of whatever you want? Because decals exist and are very good. And easier to apply then a screen protector.

what the hell

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Bombadilillo posted:

Why would I put a decal on my game boxes?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

Why would I put a decal on my game boxes?

I may have misread a post at some point.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Zelda has a reversible cover apparently so that's cool

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I am enraged by the thread title. And by decals!!

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Calaveron posted:

Zelda has a reversible cover apparently so that's cool

Reversible covers are good covers. See also: Doom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Wendell posted:

I am enraged by the thread title. And by decals!!
______________/

• Locked thread