Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
I'm still of the mind that Donald J Trump will win reelection in 2020.

I have zero faith in anything other than God's intense hatred of us all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Montasque posted:

yeah well we did murder his son.

also he's a god of war

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

yeah i mean brownback won reelection even as it was painfully obvious kansas was going down the tubes

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yo I'm pretty sure this is extremely NSFW but also mad

:spiderguy:

hell, same

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

i keep hearing people IRL talk about how they expect the republicans in congress to turn on trump and impeach him. any day now. why is everyone so loving stupid?

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
that being said i'm pretty sure there's going to be a bounce (it's already showing in gallup) since trump gave up on actually doing things. it'll either tank again the next time he signs an EO, or just death slide toward 20 as people slowly get pissed off that nothing is happening

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

are they polling voters because a hell of lot of people disliked trump in all the states but didn't vote because reasons so i'd imagine his approval rating has always been lower than the votes he got.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!

Admiral Ray posted:

chemistry and medicine are the only nobel prizes worth handing out because so many have caused harm to the winners.

physics is just a bunch of nerds nerding out over nerd poo poo

chemists used to eat their discoveries.

only now that physicists have figured out that handling the rocks they play with than kill them

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He did give up lol

He doesn't do anything

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

theflyingexecutive posted:

My fav is the guy trying to prove h pylori caused stomach ulcers. It wasn't working in any animals they were testing it on so he took a whole flask of the stuff and chugged it, developing stomach ulcers almost instantly. He won the Nobel prize

Did this guy get mentioned?

In 1929, while working in Eberswalde, he performed the first human cardiac catheterization. He ignored his department chief and persuaded the operating-room nurse in charge of the sterile supplies, Gerda Ditzen, to assist him. She agreed, but only on the promise that he would do it on her rather than on himself. However, Forssmann tricked her by restraining her to the operating table and pretending to locally anaesthetise and cut her arm whilst actually doing it on himself.[3] He anesthetized his own lower arm in the cubital region and inserted a uretic catheter into his antecubital vein, threading it partly along before releasing Ditzen (who at this point realised the catheter was not in her arm) and telling her to call the X-ray department. They walked some distance to the X-ray department on the floor below where under the guidance of a fluoroscope he advanced the catheter the full 60 cm into his right ventricular cavity. This was then recorded on X-Ray film showing the catheter lying in his right atrium.[3]

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Vertical Lime posted:

yeah i mean brownback won reelection even as it was painfully obvious kansas was going down the tubes

yeah but amefica is smarter as a whole than people who cpyldny see the need to escape kansas especially huring brownbavk right

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!

euphronius posted:

He did give up lol

He doesn't do anything

republicans: i just want to yell a lot and then pretend its your fault nothing works

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Yinlock posted:

trump has been told that there's tons of both and it's costing him nothing

bing bong bing

You are of course correct here but, the sad sad truth is that if (1) he does nothing on those two issues and (2) there is no backlash from his supporters, then I, and all of us, have to face the fact that the election really was about racial insecurity and the desire to Make "White" America Great Again.

I really, honestly thought my country was better than that.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Hodgepodge posted:

only now that physicists have figured out that handling the rocks they play with than kill them

"Heh, this rock is always warm. Neat!"

*eats it*

*wins nobel prize for chemistry and physics*

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

It's very funny if there's not a fully image auto preview!!!!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

prefect posted:

In 1929, while working in Eberswalde, he performed the first human cardiac catheterization. He ignored his department chief and persuaded the operating-room nurse in charge of the sterile supplies, Gerda Ditzen, to assist him. She agreed, but only on the promise that he would do it on her rather than on himself. However, Forssmann tricked her by restraining her to the operating table and pretending to locally anaesthetise and cut her arm whilst actually doing it on himself.[3] He anesthetized his own lower arm in the cubital region and inserted a uretic catheter into his antecubital vein, threading it partly along before releasing Ditzen (who at this point realised the catheter was not in her arm) and telling her to call the X-ray department. They walked some distance to the X-ray department on the floor below where under the guidance of a fluoroscope he advanced the catheter the full 60 cm into his right ventricular cavity. This was then recorded on X-Ray film showing the catheter lying in his right atrium.[3]

doctors are thr dumbest well edycatedpeople

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Fidel Castronaut posted:

are they polling voters because a hell of lot of people disliked trump in all the states but didn't vote because reasons so i'd imagine his approval rating has always been lower than the votes he got.

emails

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Montasque posted:

Barring a major change to the economy, your instincts are right. The incumbent should always be slightly favored heading into a national election imo.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

prefect posted:

jesus CHRIST :stare:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Vox Nihili posted:

i keep hearing people IRL talk about how they expect the republicans in congress to turn on trump and impeach him. any day now. why is everyone so loving stupid?

its not that stupid because the establishment types think of themselves as puppetmasters and just need the right "holy poo poo trump said what" moment to do it

of course they'd also manage to gently caress it up so bad trump would get blasted with radiation and made immortal or something

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

radical meme posted:

You are of course correct here but, the sad sad truth is that if (1) he does nothing on those two issues and (2) there is no backlash from his supporters, then I, and all of us, have to face the fact that the election really was about racial insecurity and the desire to Make "White" America Great Again.

when people look fondly back on the 50's they aren't just looking at the white picket fences, they are looking at the water fountains too.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

Barring a major change to the economy, your instincts are right. The incumbent should always be slightly favored heading into a national election imo.

does anybody really think the economy is going to be going strong for the next four years?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!

Admiral Ray posted:

"Heh, this rock is always warm. Neat!"

*eats it*

*wins nobel prize for chemistry and physics*

you also develop a superpower called "dying really fast"!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

isnt the cubital regipm a pojkemon

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

Fidel Castronaut posted:

err yeah and also the people who would mark "disapprove" and vote for him anyway

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Fidel Castronaut posted:

does anybody really think the economy is going to be going strong for the next four years?

the facebook polls say yes

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Gringostar posted:

devos only cares about LGBT people because one of her friends has a gay son or something

like, there is literally no other reason she would care about them

But that's a perfectly legit reason to care about an issue; having empathy for someone you know and caring about issues that affect them is always a good thing.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

to be fair i think a lot of people in here been saying that there's no appealing to highly uneducated trump types at this point

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

:smugdon:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Depends if Wall Street gets spooked

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

radical meme posted:

lol, just, :wow:

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Fidel Castronaut posted:

With cutting regulations and taxes it could actually boom for about 4-5 years until it massively implodes into a shower of poo poo and death.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

france is loving awful and it won't be remotely surprising if le pen wins

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Fidel Castronaut posted:

it will continue to be great for the people that didn't vote for him

:lol: @ the people who did

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.
I should show you all the homemade CAT scanner my dad built in his garage to image fossils

Chemists are insane even when not doing chemistry lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Montasque posted:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/834482419420037127

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lemme dig up the story about a black guy who was "accidentally" raped in the rear end with a police baton based on investigation after the fact

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

radical meme posted:

But that's a perfectly legit reason to care about an issue; having empathy for someone you know and caring about issues that affect them is always a good thing.

yeah but it's really unfortunate that some people are incapable of empathy until it is in close proximity. like rob portman suddenly giving a poo poo about lgbt (well, lgb) people when he found out his son is gay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

radical meme posted:

i'm pretty sure everyone knows this already though

like the fact that they didn't want success for themselves but instead failure for others is a big clue

• Locked thread