Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
N: "Every indication I hear from inside the Patriots is that Belichick plans to stay on as coach of the team for at least five more years." http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2693832-mike-freemans-10-point-stance-patriots-big-trade-bait-nfls-athletic-freaks

V: Brady and Belichick one-upping each other who can stay longer in the game to proof that they can do it without the other might be the best thing ever to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

2 pages of Kirk v. Cam talk. The gently caress is wrong with you guys.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Cash Monet posted:

this is what we're left with when the biggest football news is contract restructures

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?

Cash Monet posted:

Eh complaining about the level of discussion in the middle of the deepest off-season is kinda futile. The windmills are thataway.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Chromatic posted:

Could anyone tell me why the bears offense looked so great under marc trestman for one year(2013) then dropped off quicker than dabbing? FFS even josh mccown looked like a pro bowler under that offense.

was it just a situation not unlike chip kelly where the offense was figured out and failed to adjust?

Edit: looking at pff and man that offense was stacked. cutler, prime forte, prime marshall, good alshon jeffery, and bennett.

IIRC both Marshall and Jeffrey got nicked up very early in that year and they became more of a dink 'n dunk to try and make up for it, and it didn't really work out very well. I vaguely remember Bears fans also talking about how Trestman would ditch the running game almost immediately even if Forte was getting good yardage on the ground.

And also Trestman apparently had no idea on how to handle a locker room so that Bears team became a toxic mess of personalities fairly quickly.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

GaussianCopula posted:

N: "Every indication I hear from inside the Patriots is that Belichick plans to stay on as coach of the team for at least five more years." http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2693832-mike-freemans-10-point-stance-patriots-big-trade-bait-nfls-athletic-freaks

V: Brady and Belichick one-upping each other who can stay longer in the game to proof that they can do it without the other might be the best thing ever to happen.

Bill on the sidelines on a motorized scooter, a mixture of newborn blood and pure adrenaline flowing from his IV.
Brady somehow still looks like a he's in his 30s, despite being 57. Maybe he was right about the strawberries.
Czar Putin and Emperor Trump look over the field as the opening ceremonies come to a close.
Patriots fans let out a cheer that envelopes the stadium. "Just one more!"
Bill and Brady sigh as they draw a pentagram with goat blood.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

God dammit I just remembered Marty Mornhinweg is still our OC

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Re: Kirk vs Cam

Who do you think is gonna will have a league piss test sooner?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

waah posted:

I'm not a weedologist but I know cigars and that's just a cigar.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I'm not a weedologist but I know cigars and that's just a cigar.

It is, but I thought we were trying to do hot takes to the extreme without regard for facts.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Can't read a playbook through a cloud of smoke.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Kirk Cousins doesn't do drugs, Cam Newton is a thief and "dabs" which is a marijuana term. I know which one I would want my daughter to date.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

waah posted:

Who the gently caress taught you English

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Who the gently caress taught you English

No one taught him. He learned hisself

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Can someone explain to me the bears' logic behind trying to trade cutler now after all but flying a plane over halas hall saying they will cut him and any team can sign him cheaper

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Tom's making a bunch of dad jokes while getting to the bottom of this case. Also yes, Pokemon is dad jokes now.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Kalli posted:

Tom's making a bunch of dad jokes while getting to the bottom of this case. Also yes, Pokemon is dad jokes now.

Okay this rules.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Kalli posted:

This is doing a lot to help with the trauma of the last Super Bowl, actually.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Dammit don't make me like you you football deflating piece of crap

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Shiiiit, that's actually pretty endearing. "Creepy me?" got a good chuckle out of me.

R.D. Mangles posted:

Can someone explain to me the bears' logic behind trying to trade cutler now after all but flying a plane over halas hall saying they will cut him and any team can sign him cheaper

I'm starting to think this Ryan Pace fellow may not be the franchise savior I had hoped for.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
If you're an NFL GM and your first name is Ryan chances are you are bad at your job

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Kalli posted:

This is great.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Kalli posted:

No, Tom. Just no. Too soon...

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

weird Asian candy posted:

No one taught him. He learned hisself

:golfclap:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Tom don't you dare try and make me like you.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Tom Brady hired a heckuva social media guru this year.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Until Tom goes antifa he's still evil

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Hot Diggity! posted:

Until Tom goes antifa he's still evil

this was my only unread post so when i clicked it i thought for a second i was in the Best Show thread and got REALLY confused

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

waah posted:

Looks like a Rocky Patel. Good pick.

Kalli posted:

God dammit, this is way cooler than Russell will ever be

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Chichevache posted:

Looks like a Rocky Patel. Good pick.

God dammit, this is way cooler than Russell will ever be

Rocky Patel has never made a bad cigar but I would say it's an AVO or Davidoff. They go all in on that white label poo poo. Plus they are the blended scotch of the cigar world.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Rocky Patel has never made a bad cigar but I would say it's an AVO or Davidoff. They go all in on that white label poo poo. Plus they are the blended scotch of the cigar world.

The Rocky Patel Vintage 1999 has two white labels like that, but you're probably right that it is a Davidoff. My go-to lounges don't carry those, so I always forget they exist. Plus Cam is totally the kind of guy to smoke Davidoff's.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18738935/emotional-philip-rivers-makes-appearance-san-diego-hall-champions-dinner

I love Philip Rivers for all time

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Chichevache posted:

The Rocky Patel Vintage 1999 has two white labels like that, but you're probably right that it is a Davidoff. My go-to lounges don't carry those, so I always forget they exist. Plus Cam is totally the kind of guy to smoke Davidoff's.

I'm laughing right now because that's exactly how I thought of Cam and Davidoff. They're one of those brands that insist on the off-set humidor. They're ridiculously smooth but also completely unremarkable. High five on the Rocky Patels. Did you try EO cigars when they were around? They were amazing, bought out by Rocky Patel, re-bought out by the founder, and then became Ortega cigars. Definitely an under the radar but amazing choice.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
No, I've never tried EO. If I see Ortega's I'll give them a shot. I enjoy trying new sticks constantly.
I've been going through all of the Drew Estates lately because I apparently am a baby millennial with girl parts.:blush:

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Chichevache posted:

No, I've never tried EO. If I see Ortega's I'll give them a shot. I enjoy trying new sticks constantly.
I've been going through all of the Drew Estates lately because I apparently am a baby millennial with girl parts.:blush:

Just imagine cigars are like wine. Crap wine is universally crap, good wine is the wine you like.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Just imagine cigars are like wine. Crap wine is universally crap, good wine is the wine you like.

I have over 100 bottles of wine pretty much at all times (surprise) but Napa wine can kiss my fuckin rear end, it's overrated crap.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I hope the Browns bank on Garoppolo because I don't want that fate for Watson.

Thanks that's my drive-by commentary.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Spoeank posted:

I have over 100 bottles of wine pretty much at all times (surprise) but Napa wine can kiss my fuckin rear end, it's overrated crap.

You know a handle of Titos is like $25 at Costco, right?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Hamm's is the beer refreshing though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

You know a handle of Titos is like $25 at Costco, right?

Okay. And?

• Locked thread