Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Fidel Castronaut posted:

i just can't imagine anybody being able to pretend things are fine when we have another enron and some big tech companies go under and trump leads us into a trade war.

that doesn't effect people in bumbfuck rural town

nothing matters, trump will win reelection, we will all die in nuclear hellfire

eat arby's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

prefect posted:

Did this guy get mentioned?

In 1929, while working in Eberswalde, he performed the first human cardiac catheterization. He ignored his department chief and persuaded the operating-room nurse in charge of the sterile supplies, Gerda Ditzen, to assist him. She agreed, but only on the promise that he would do it on her rather than on himself. However, Forssmann tricked her by restraining her to the operating table and pretending to locally anaesthetise and cut her arm whilst actually doing it on himself.[3] He anesthetized his own lower arm in the cubital region and inserted a uretic catheter into his antecubital vein, threading it partly along before releasing Ditzen (who at this point realised the catheter was not in her arm) and telling her to call the X-ray department. They walked some distance to the X-ray department on the floor below where under the guidance of a fluoroscope he advanced the catheter the full 60 cm into his right ventricular cavity. This was then recorded on X-Ray film showing the catheter lying in his right atrium.[3]

One of the weird things about science and ethical approval is that you can always perform tests on yourself without the need for any extra forms or approvals to get published. It's how a lot of older scientific tests were done. Now all you need is to spring for pizza and you'll get a college student per slice.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

lol if you think people who don't approve of DJT won't vote for him anyway

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Reminder the people affected by Enron were Californians in major cities and the Trumpers don't care what happens to those people versus their bumfuck towns getting coal trucks driving around aimlessly.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Gringostar posted:

that doesn't effect people in bumbfuck rural town

nothing matters, trump will win reelection, we will all die in nuclear hellfire

eat arby's

i'm gonna eat arby's no matter what but a trade war is deffo going to gently caress ruralites.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

This is incredibly pathetic. No wonder he connects with Republicans: he lives their life without realizing it and somehow thinks he's above it all. My life is richer than Trump's and I don't even make a fraction of the money that has passed his tiny, tiny hands in his life.

Do it. Let's see what that sad motherfucker is hiding.

SpaceGoku posted:

lmao trump is like a sad person who is perpetually recovering from a bad breakup, 24/7, every day of his life

haha sucks to be him

sucks to be everyone

I'll disagree with the last statement. 99% of people have richer lives than Donald Trump. They have friends, family, interests, concerns, moments of laughter, moments of inspiration, moments of awe. They indulge in the sensations of the world and grow as people as they take more in.

Donald Trump sits in a room, gets angry, and waits to die.

oliwan posted:

im so used to unisex bathrooms in bars and clubs at this point that the bathroom thing you guys had going was weird anyway

also american stalls are an abomination. in the civilized world we have normal loving toilets that fully close.

This is true. Why we don't allow complete privacy for bathrooms is downright bizarre.

radical meme posted:

How about that Betsy Devos; who would have imagined she might actually stand up for someone's, anyone's rights? She might be like the Grinch of the Trump Administration; her heart might start off really small and actually grow ten sizes during her time in office.

Nah, who am I kidding; she still backed down instead of forcing the issue.

Where's the jobs Mr. President, where's the infrastructure improvements.

The thing that we should take from DeVos here is that she really has no backbone at all. She can't stand up to kids, can't stand up to the President she funded, can't to the Attorney General...she just bows, thanks the menfolk for listening to her uterus-fueled bullshittery, and backs out the door. What a loving waste of a human being.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Nonsense posted:

Trump is raising taxes on workers who have employee-provided insurance isn't he?

sounds like thats where they are!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Yeah trump has a ton of dudes who won't say they are voting for him but will, it's funny if not sad because at least these people know they are shitheads.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Nonsense posted:

Reminder the people affected by Enron were Californians in major cities and the Trumpers don't care what happens to those people versus their bumfuck towns getting coal trucks driving around aimlessly.

Red Cross Texas had to cut a bunch of staff because Enron gave them so much money in Houston.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Fidel Castronaut posted:

i'm gonna eat arby's no matter what but a trade war is deffo going to gently caress ruralites.

in a trades war im allying w plumbers because they have the heaviest tools so i gigure theyre strngest

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Fidel Castronaut posted:

they'll blame minorities or china :lol:

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

This is incredibly pathetic. No wonder he connects with Republicans: he lives their life without realizing it and somehow thinks he's above it all. My life is richer than Trump's and I don't even make a fraction of the money that has passed his tiny, tiny hands in his life.

Do it. Let's see what that sad motherfucker is hiding.

I'll disagree with the last statement. 99% of people have richer lives than Donald Trump. They have friends, family, interests, concerns, moments of laughter, moments of inspiration, moments of awe. They indulge in the sensations of the world and grow as people as they take more in.

Donald Trump sits in a room, gets angry, and waits to die.

This is true. Why we don't allow complete privacy for bathrooms is downright bizarre.

The thing that we should take from DeVos here is that she really has no backbone at all. She can't stand up to kids, can't stand up to the President she funded, can't to the Attorney General...she just bows, thanks the menfolk for listening to her uterus-fueled bullshittery, and backs out the door. What a loving waste of a human being.

i never read multipart answers

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Intel&Sebastian posted:

a big difference which will be harped on more and more is the difference between "approval" and "job approval"

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

magiccarpet posted:

i never read multipart answers

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

magiccarpet posted:

i never read

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

squizzle doesn't actually read, he just exists in a primordial state itt and absorbs all posting within via a weird form of osmosis

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Gringostar posted:

they'll blame minorities or china :lol:

Yeah theres no way that an actual trade war occurring doesn't lead to China/whoever tries to gently caress white america, getting the stink-eye

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Venuz Patrol posted:

george h.w. bush was the last president to lose his re-election campaign. i dunno what the circumstances were but i assume we can do it again to trump

you need a charismatic choice that can whip up bipartisan support, speak to each identity group like they are the only ones that matter at all, and remember that white working class is an identity group so the only important factor is what you are going to do for said specific identity group

pivot every time a new face is in front of you, onto what matters to them specifically

but uh... that won't happen

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

squizzle doesn't actually read, he just exists in a primordial state itt and absorbs all posting within via a weird form of osmosis

wow

wow!!!!!

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

SPINNING TEXT OF "UR A PRIMORDIAL OSMONDTOSIS"

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

tadashi posted:

This.

We have the best economy we've had in almost a decade and the election was decided over economic anxiety in a state with like 5% unemployment.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Where did this warped idea come from that irresponsible parasites are entitled to top-of-line medical care at taxpayer expense...??? Polite society certainly doesn't want to pay for that. It’s basically why Obamacare failed.

Go back to the way it was 50 years ago when *The_System_Worked* - before liberalism run amok spoiled it. If you don't have employer-paid or **private** insurance, can't scrape up the cash or some private charity to cover it, don't have Medicare (you paid for that with salary deductions), then Tough_Luck. In the interest of humanity, taxpayer coverage should be limited to Palliative_Care. If you can’t pay, you can *volunteer* for limited treatment by medical students by assuming unforgivable debt for supplies, details TBD.

Medical care has always been a crap shoot - there are absolutely *No_Guaranteed_Outcomes*. To reduce costs, make all medical care *NoFault*. Then no need for malpractice insurance and (*especially*) no more call 1-800-LAW-SUIT if you had a Bad_Outcome. Up to the patient to select competent care and take responsibility for pharma and appliances partaken. And get BigGov out of the record-keeping business, it's between you, the doc, and the private insurance, the way it should be - and *WAS* 50 years ago, back when the system worked. NOW… the * Billings * just * Dropped * by ~50%.....
Insurance companies would be totally free to offer whatever specialty *private* “products” the marketplace would sustain, e.g., Cancer insurance, Organ-transplant insurance, NICU insurance, STD insurance, Dread Diseases insurance (e..g., MS, Parkinsons, Alzheimers, Osteoporsis) in order to minimize the cost of Basic Insurances. Build whatever policy you can afford from offered options that suit your lifestyle. Then you can smoke, do drugs, become alcoholic, obese, BASE-jump, whatever suits your lifestyle…just *DON’T* expect responsible folks to *PAY* for it…..

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

pathetic little tramp posted:

Where did this warped idea come from that irresponsible parasites are entitled to top-of-line medical care at taxpayer expense...??? Polite society certainly doesn't want to pay for that. It’s basically why Obamacare failed.

Go back to the way it was 50 years ago when *The_System_Worked* - before liberalism run amok spoiled it. If you don't have employer-paid or **private** insurance, can't scrape up the cash or some private charity to cover it, don't have Medicare (you paid for that with salary deductions), then Tough_Luck. In the interest of humanity, taxpayer coverage should be limited to Palliative_Care. If you can’t pay, you can *volunteer* for limited treatment by medical students by assuming unforgivable debt for supplies, details TBD.

Medical care has always been a crap shoot - there are absolutely *No_Guaranteed_Outcomes*. To reduce costs, make all medical care *NoFault*. Then no need for malpractice insurance and (*especially*) no more call 1-800-LAW-SUIT if you had a Bad_Outcome. Up to the patient to select competent care and take responsibility for pharma and appliances partaken. And get BigGov out of the record-keeping business, it's between you, the doc, and the private insurance, the way it should be - and *WAS* 50 years ago, back when the system worked. NOW… the * Billings * just * Dropped * by ~50%.....
Insurance companies would be totally free to offer whatever specialty *private* “products” the marketplace would sustain, e.g., Cancer insurance, Organ-transplant insurance, NICU insurance, STD insurance, Dread Diseases insurance (e..g., MS, Parkinsons, Alzheimers, Osteoporsis) in order to minimize the cost of Basic Insurances. Build whatever policy you can afford from offered options that suit your lifestyle. Then you can smoke, do drugs, become alcoholic, obese, BASE-jump, whatever suits your lifestyle…just *DON’T* expect responsible folks to *PAY* for it…..

the freep!

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Squizzle posted:

wow

wow!!!!!

absorb this biiiiitch

*pulls down trousers, revealing very creased apricot *

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

americans don't care if china is the one who is making the fold-up chair they take to the tailgating party $150, they want the president who will return it to $19.99.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Yinlock posted:

i'm pretty sure everyone knows this already though

like the fact that they didn't want success for themselves but instead failure for others is a big clue

Yeah but, I've just been holding onto some small hope that when faced with the reality of no new jobs and no infrastructure improvements, at all, people will reject being conned the next time. Like coal mining jobs, those ain't never coming back, not ever; so what are they gonna do now? Probably continue to vote GOP.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

quote:

The close relationship between Scott Pruitt, the new administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency, and fossil fuel interests including the billionaire Koch brothers has been highlighted in more than 7,500 emails and other records released by the Oklahoma attorney general’s office on Wednesday.

The documents show that Pruitt, while Oklahoma attorney general, acted in close concert with oil and gas companies to challenge environmental regulations, even putting his letterhead to a complaint filed by one firm, Devon Energy. This practice was first revealed in 2014, but it now appears that it occurred more than once.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/feb/22/scott-pruitt-emails-oklahoma-fossil-fuels-koch-brothers

The Koch's control the EPA, so what

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

I want to know how 37% of Americans can think Donald Trump is level-headed.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

radical meme posted:

Yeah but, I've just been holding onto some small hope that when faced with the reality of no new jobs and no infrastructure improvements, at all, people will reject being conned the next time. Like coal mining jobs, those ain't never coming back, not ever; so what are they gonna do now? Probably continue to vote GOP.

Most of them will, a small amount won't, some will stay home. We're not looking for a full flip, just a few percentage points here or there flipping or staying home.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Fidel Castronaut posted:

SPINNING TEXT OF "UR A PRIMORDIAL OSMONDTOSIS"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You don't win money from lawsuits for bad outcomes

Ihth

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Lum_ posted:

mental illness is a hell of a thing

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

the postatz trumperach...

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Lum_ posted:

theres a baseline of about 40% of the country who will blindly say TRUMP GOOD for either reasons of loving trump or worse, loving the republican party.

sleep tight

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I'm arguing with a copy paste

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
When spicer is fired will we get a headline "the spice must go"

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

free-kee

ghost

man

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Lum_ posted:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

So much for the tolerant loft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
im in a conference call and want 2 die

YRIMP

• Locked thread