Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Nazzadan posted:

Pre-season flex queue was hilarious. I 8-2'd my placements and got bronze 1 and then they gave you that 1 game freebie re-placement and got d5. It was a roller coaster of emotions.

I'm having fun playing flex right now though, I'm not playing even a quarter as well as I should be so I'd rather not tank my meaningful rank any lower so I'm just mashing my head against the flex queue wall until I break my funk.

If I had played pre-season flex queue, I would have gotten placed bronze 5 even if I 10-0'ed placements (at least until they fixed the bug)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Nazzadan posted:

I haven't played normals in like 3 seasons so my normal MMR is like bronze-silver. I wouldn't get any meaningful practice there until I played a bunch of games to normalize the MMR, I'd rather just jump into flex and lose a bunch against people I shouldn't be losing to rather than win against people I should beat anyways if that makes any sense.

RealFoxy posted:

I'm still rusty but I can win just about any normals I play even in an off role so it's barely meaningful practice. I'd rather just lose to platinum players and watch the replays to see what I could do better.

Fair enough. I never play flex and normals are my go-to for shaking rust off/loving off with new champions, so I was curious.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

The funny thing about the flex queue pre-season bug as I understand it is that it was what people have been asking for since the start of season 2, a full on hard reset.
Everyone's MMR was set to 0, the gains were just funky. Turns out soft resets are better and that's why Riot uses them, who knew!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Nazzadan posted:

The funny thing about the flex queue pre-season bug as I understand it is that it was what people have been asking for since the start of season 2, a full on hard reset.
Everyone's MMR was set to 0, the gains were just funky. Turns out soft resets are better and that's why Riot uses them, who knew!
I think what most people wanted was less of a soft reboot, since going from Gold/Platinum and getting dumped into Silver and having to grind out a couple weeks worth of games just to get back to where you were is frustrating sometimes.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Nazzadan posted:

I though the 0 MMR bug was specific to people who had not played ranked prior to pre-season.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

RealFoxy posted:

I think what most people wanted was less of a soft reboot, since going from Gold/Platinum and getting dumped into Silver and having to grind out a couple weeks worth of games just to get back to where you were is frustrating sometimes.

Right, but way back in the day people wanted a hard reset because they felt it was unfair that 1850, 1900, 2100, etc. players were getting to start the next season with an already high elo. Riot and anyone with a brain said a soft reset is best so it isn't a cluster of everyone from every elo in the same games early in the season. But I agree yeah it is annoying after a soft reset that no matter how well you do in your placements you can't get at least back where you ended the season

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

gvibes posted:

I am bad but xin is kind of fun.

Xin actually has a good win rate right now but I don't really understand, I think he's pretty lackluster in his current form.

e: i think he's fun to play, though. He's right along with J4 for me: fun champs that are pretty mediocre.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Feb 22, 2017

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

How Rude posted:

I've stopped doing Deathfire touch because it kept aggroing me to turrets obnoxiously, how much more effective do you think it is over thunderlord's. I like getting the extra lethality talent as well to start the game off with like 32 lethality.

I think it's a fair bit better; DFT has much better synergy with ult (you apply it to everyone) and with Q once you get a bit of bonus AD. I typically do 4-8k of magic damage per game and most of it comes from DFT rather than E. I also don't think that Thunderlords fits MF's trading pattern that well in lane -- it's hard to get all 3 procs off without taking a decent amount of trade damage unless you use E + Q in your trades, and that burns through mana really fast.

Obviously Precision is a lot better than Battering Blows if we look one tier up in their mastery trees, but DFT still manages to have 1-1.5% higher winrate than Thunderlords (see e.g. here: http://lolalytics.com/champion/MissFortune/ADC/) despite a vastly inferior T5 mastery -- which indicates to me that DFT is actually quite a bit better than Thunderlords in a vacuum. Agreed that full lethality rune pages are the way to go right now.

Sexpansion posted:

also good: lethality

I actually liked the last few patches better, MF didn't get that much stronger and a lot of the champs that she would prefer to never have in her games benefitted more than she did.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Everyone was wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkK19myCFPQ

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

JerryLee posted:

Why not play normals?

They removed draft normals from EUNE and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty needle than deal with blind pick.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Aumanor posted:

They removed draft normals from EUNE and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty needle than deal with blind pick.

Why would they remove draft normals. :staredog: That's insane.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Aumanor posted:

Didn't they just add that back like last month two weeks ago?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

It was obviously zyra though?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
http://boards.pbe.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/champions-gameplay-feedback/mw9R6lgt-75-cycle-aatrox-changes-coming-to-the-pbe

Yo gently caress Aatrox

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

kirtar posted:

Only at certain times of the day, I think.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

http://eune.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-74-notes

Patch notes for 7.4 are out.

Not many buffs or nerfs. Lethality items are getting very small nerfs and Cleaver gives more hp but way less ad. Last whisper is back 45% armorpen but costs more.

Ryze/Corki/Kat got small nerfs in midlane.

There is a mini rework to Chogath's ult where you can stack it infinitely or something not sure how that works.

Revealing a ward will give you full exp even if you are not the one to kill it and you get more xp if you kill higher level champions.

A bunch of damage masteries from cunning/ferocity got slight nerfs too.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Ulio posted:

http://eune.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-74-notes

Patch notes for 7.4 are out.

Not many buffs or nerfs. Lethality items are getting very small nerfs and Cleaver gives more hp but way less ad. Last whisper is back 45% armorpen but costs more.

Ryze/Corki/Kat got small nerfs in midlane.

There is a mini rework to Chogath's ult where you can stack it infinitely or something not sure how that works.

Revealing a ward will give you full exp even if you are not the one to kill it and you get more xp if you kill higher level champions.

A bunch of damage masteries from cunning/ferocity got slight nerfs too.

Oddly enough, this may take us back to tank meta again with all minor nerfs to early lethality items and nerfs to offensive/cunning trees.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
support owns now. so much dumb poo poo works in bot lane like mf, ivern and loving warwick.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Slaapaav posted:

support owns now. so much dumb poo poo works in bot lane like mf, ivern and loving warwick.

Support Sion is not really a new(tm) thing but I've been seeing it a lot lately.

Also, this game was hilarious. We were slightly behind until about 20 minutes when me and Maokai just basically tanked their whole team's damage over and over again without dying.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2017/02/222-pbe-update.html

Aatrox changes and Fizz changes are up on Pbe. I think they are all huge buffs. Aatrox basically has no cost in any of his ablities now except e.

Massive nerfs to Leblanc it seems like they couldn't figure a smart way to make her balanced so they completely gutted her w damage and her r w damage. They gave buffs to her Q vs minions and also gave it higher base damage.

I don't think she will be banned anymore unless Q max is viable with the q buff. Last rank of her q does 78 more damage now, first rank does 22 more damage. W lost 45 damage in its first rank and lost 85 damage in max rank. Also r w is basically useless it lost all the damage. The old r w first rank almost did as much as damage as new r w's last rank.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
im fine with leblanc not being a champion for a while.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

kirtar posted:

So they did. Neat, maybe I'll get back into the game now.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Jarvan: ...But why, why did you betray us, Xin?!
Xin: ... *jumps into 1v5*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW7aIcXca8U

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Miss Fortune
Double Up (Q) - [removed - "If the first shot kills its target, the second deals 50% increased damage."]

lol :byewhore:

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

That feast change on Cho'gath is absolutely hilarious.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Miss Fortune needs to deal a lot of damage in lane or else she just gets dove on and killed without resistance. That said, her biggest problem is that they keep tuning her numbers up and down because they simultaneously keep tuning the AD items that make her really strong too.

Meanwhile Tristana and Kog are still so bad they're barely even niche.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Kog has actually been p decent for a while and will see play now that Jhin/Varus/MF are getting toned down

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Firebert posted:

Kog has actually been p decent for a while and will see play now that Jhin/Varus/MF are getting toned down
It feels like there's still way too much mobility in the game for Kog'Maw unless he can just sit still and shred people down. The new tank update is supposed to make Tanks even tankier in exchange for taking their damage so I don't see a place where you've got a pretty immobile artillery ADC in meta for long.

I feel like they could have done a lot more with the ADC update, especially if they had thought to make more unique playstyles among them.

Siege ADCs: Great at taking out towers on their own and counters turtles, fairly frail but good mobility (Ziggs, Tristana, Jinx)
Artillary/Poke ADCS: Great at poking out and slow sieges against towers (Kog'Maw, Caitlyn, Jhin, Varus)
Burst ADCs: Great at dealing a lot of damage in a short bursts or assassinations (Miss Fortune, Draven, Twitch)
Mobility ADCs: High mobility and decent sustained damage who do well on their own (Lucian, Ezreal, Corki)
Utility ADCs: Offer decent crowd control if your team doesn't have much (Ashe, Urgot, Kalista)
Duelist ADCs: Weak early, but can burst down tanks, traded off by having lower range and risky engages (Quinn, Vayne)

Instead we turned Graves into a jungler, made Quinn great in every role except ADC, and ruined Mordekaiser. A lot of this can be solved by having more situational ADC itemization that assassins and bruisers can't use

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Firebert posted:

Miss Fortune
Double Up (Q) - [removed - "If the first shot kills its target, the second deals 50% increased damage."]

lol :byewhore:

Yeah that'll hurt her early game and her lane bullying power but beyond that her ult is still ridiculous. Just build armor penetration and melt anything that's in it.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

but a lot of people said Zyra actually???

also loving hilarious we're getting a dragon themed skin for Zyra before Dragon Tamer Swain lmfaooooooooo

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Yeah that'll hurt her early game and her lane bullying power but beyond that her ult is still ridiculous. Just build armor penetration and melt anything that's in it.

No, that change destroys her. If it goes through MF is donezo

plus it's a loving retarded change because it makes her much less fun to play too

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
E max support MF will live on and that's the only flavor I give a poo poo about.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Luna Was Here posted:

also loving hilarious we're getting a dragon themed skin for Zyra before Dragon Tamer Swain lmfaooooooooo

like three people on earth play Swain, why the gently caress would they release anything for him ever

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Kog's a midlaner now and he's decent.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I still think most of Kog's issues would be solved if he could recast his trail to slide down it :colbert:

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Kog should be able to eat people who dive him

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Edge of Night nerf getting hot fixed in today :sun:

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Luna Was Here posted:

Everyone thought it was Void Zyra :lol:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Teikanmi posted:

Everyone thought it was Void Zyra :lol:
who loving cares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Everyone

• Locked thread