Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

"Barry! Pull a Reverse Flash!"

"You mean a speed duplicate?"

"No, vibro-fist, like what he killed me with, the memory of which being why I have PTSD."

"Roger!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I hope that since Jessie is staying on Earth-1, than means Harry will too, at least for a while anyway. I want to see him become a foil for HR just so that I can get my fix of Tom Cavanaugh being a hilarious dick to Tom Cavanaugh :allears:

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

I didn't catch if anyone has brought this up yet but, the thing with the darts bothered me a bit. I assumed that with his super metabolism, he wouldn't be vulnerable to any drug on the darts. I mean, he can't get drunk.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Gorilla darts. Grodd planned ahead.
Now,why they didn't overdose everyone else...

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

And for that matter, how the hell did Grodd get Gypsy? Why was she on Earth 2?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Shaddak posted:

And for that matter, how the hell did Grodd get Gypsy? Why was she on Earth 2?

Earth-2 version of Gypsy?

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tarquinn posted:

Forget about bullets and energy projectiles shot out of modern firearms. Slow-rear end darts from primitive blowguns are the Flash's one weakness.

Able to dodge lightning bolts as they are within a couple feet of their destination

Able to dodge a bullet as soon as he feels the pressure on his skin from it

Defeated by blow darts

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Tonight I watched a show where one actor portrayed three wildly different characters - one of whom was a homicidal psychic gorilla.

But enough about Harry

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Phylodox posted:

Earth-2 version of Gypsy?

Probably just caught her while she was searching for bounty on Earth 2 and was like, sup, u Grodd now

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew

6-year plan man posted:

Tom cavanagh makes this show great how many different characters has he been now after tonight?

This was a ways back, but I wanna say around 8 different Wells.

1. Real Harrison Wells
2. Fake Harrison Wells
3. Harry
4. HR
5. Grodd Wells
6. 7. 8. Other Earth Wells that they interviewed?

I could be wrong, but he is undoubtedly the best part of this show and I can't wait to see what weird versions of him they have down the line. I wish Ollie and HR could interact because that would be the best thing this show's done.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
There was also Harry pretending to be Fake Wells/Reverse Flash for the better part of an episode in Season 2. And didn't HR also pretend to be Eobard to scar the poo poo out of Cisco to try and boost his vibe powers through adrenaline, or was that also Harry?

I never thought I'd say this, but the number of Wellses on this show is too drat high :argh:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Blasphemy.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

They should have put him in drag as Henrietta from Earth 74 who also cracked the code.

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
I'm really enjoying the assumption that any events changed in the present would completely alter the short-term future so that other major events never happen

Like, this criminal was caught and arrested at the exact same place and time, but a second guy he was with took credit for it. Therefore, The main character and main villain would never end up in the same public square that has nothing to do with that other event aside from some text on a news ticker.

As opposed to some poo poo like "Hey Iris, take a really long vacation next month, just hang out in Greece or something. If the main bad guy cares enough about killing loved ones in front of me he'll go fetch you and bring you here anyway, meaning that changing events would have been a waste of time"

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
I can't wait to see Harry and HR get some (more) screen time together. It's going to be amazing.

Honestly I just a full on Wellsception up in this.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Space Crabs posted:

Able to dodge lightning bolts as they are within a couple feet of their destination

Able to dodge a bullet as soon as he feels the pressure on his skin from it

Defeated by blow darts

Also, remember that time Arrow tried to use a poison dart on him and Barry just vibrated the poison out? Neither do the writers.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Or the time Barry felt a much-faster bullet being fired and grabbed it off his neck before it penetrated?

It just feels lazy. If it's that hard to figure out how to incapacitate your hero, then just don't. It would have been a better story if Barry and company had kept a position of autonomy and had gotten duped into doing Grodd's dirty work anyway. They didn't need to get captured for the general plot to occur in the first place.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Man Gorilla City is one sad excuse for a city. A jungle, a basement, and an arena. Not impressed.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

WarLocke posted:

I can't wait to see Harry and HR get some (more) screen time together. It's going to be amazing.

he's gonna be piiiiiiiiissed

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

LentThem posted:

I'm really enjoying the assumption that any events changed in the present would completely alter the short-term future so that other major events never happen

Like, this criminal was caught and arrested at the exact same place and time, but a second guy he was with took credit for it. Therefore, The main character and main villain would never end up in the same public square that has nothing to do with that other event aside from some text on a news ticker.

As opposed to some poo poo like "Hey Iris, take a really long vacation next month, just hang out in Greece or something. If the main bad guy cares enough about killing loved ones in front of me he'll go fetch you and bring you here anyway, meaning that changing events would have been a waste of time"

Or they could just kill her preemptively. Then the main bad guy would have to go back in time and create FlashSpot alternate timeline to make sure that she exists to kill as prophesied.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Sir Potato posted:

This was a ways back, but I wanna say around 8 different Wells.

1. Real Harrison Wells
2. Fake Harrison Wells
3. Harry
4. HR
5. Grodd Wells
6. 7. 8. Other Earth Wells that they interviewed?

I could be wrong, but he is undoubtedly the best part of this show and I can't wait to see what weird versions of him they have down the line. I wish Ollie and HR could interact because that would be the best thing this show's done.

He's like Olivia from Fringe at this point

1. Oliva
2. Fauxlivia
3. Olivia playing Fauxlivia
4. Fauxlivia playing Olivia
5. Alt-timeline Olivia
6. Still alt-timeline but restored memory Olivia
7. Spock

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

It's kind of dumb that being held in rusty cages was seen as a problem when they got one guy who can phase through objects, another who can open rifts, and might be wrong on this part but just freezing then breaking the bars might also work?

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

They pretty specifically addressed that. They did handwave it away and totally ignore Caitlyn but they did address it.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Yeah it was kind of annoying that whatever Grodd had seemed to completely neutralise Cisco's powers, but only seemed to prevent Barry from phasing. I guess it was a problem where they wanted to have Barry fight Solovar with powers, but it still seems kind of dumb.

Also the whole "Caitlin, your powers probably work! You should use them to kill Cisco!" was just completely :psyduck:

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

irlZaphod posted:

Yeah it was kind of annoying that whatever Grodd had seemed to completely neutralise Cisco's powers, but only seemed to prevent Barry from phasing. I guess it was a problem where they wanted to have Barry fight Solovar with powers, but it still seems kind of dumb.

Grodd wanted Flash to defeat Solovar, so presumably he stopped suppressing them for the fight, and then again when he thought Flash was dead.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I think he had his powers in the cage though? iirc he was vibrating but just couldn't phase through it.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Grodd just made an energy dampener like they used in the prisoner convoy episode. He made them out of coconuts, I've seen it done before by a Profession, a Skipper, and his little buddy.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Shaddak posted:

I didn't catch if anyone has brought this up yet but, the thing with the darts bothered me a bit. I assumed that with his super metabolism, he wouldn't be vulnerable to any drug on the darts. I mean, he can't get drunk.

It was a slow poison :downsrim:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They never bothered to explain WHY the cage stopped Barry so its pointless to try and figure out why it stopped Cisco and Caitlyn. Its a cheap move to just handwave it away but the handwave works for all of them.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew

Was hoping for this, but I guess the gorilla statues were pretty cool.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Sir Potato posted:

Was hoping for this, but I guess the gorilla statues were pretty cool.

Honestly, I was just super stoked that they actually showed Gorilla City. Never thought I'd see a live action version when I was a kid watching cartoons.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

STAC Goat posted:

They never bothered to explain WHY the cage stopped Barry so its pointless to try and figure out why it stopped Cisco and Caitlyn. Its a cheap move to just handwave it away but the handwave works for all of them.

The bars stop superpowers, but Caitlin just stuck her arm between them so all her cold powers were already inside Barry's cell whenever she used them. :techno:

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
on top of all the other awful contrivances

"Grod kidnapped Wells as he is the only one over here who can open a rift, if we rescue him there is no other way to open a rift".
Jesse comes to Earth 1 through a rift.
Grodd has leather pyramid boob lady anyway

I guess the Sisko doesn't have (or need) his Vibe gear any more.

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

STAC Goat posted:

They said Grodd was suppressing their powers.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Mr Beens posted:

on top of all the other awful contrivances

"Grod kidnapped Wells as he is the only one over here who can open a rift, if we rescue him there is no other way to open a rift".
Jesse comes to Earth 1 through a rift.

I guess the Sisko doesn't have (or need) his Vibe gear any more.

Speedsters can naturally travel between dimensions using the speed force - Barry did it several times last season. He just uses Cisco because it's easier.

As for Cisco, I think the gear just amplifies his ability and helps give him greater control. He can do the basic stuff without it.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Mr Beens posted:

Pretty sure he caught her after they left as a backup plan. I assume it's a lot harder to go get someone that powerful on their Earth than lure someone onto your home turf, so that plan was a hail mary that worked.

See, writers? This stuff isn't hard! You can explain it in like two sentences in-character!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

The Lord Bude posted:

Speedsters can naturally travel between dimensions using the speed force - Barry did it several times last season. He just uses Cisco because it's easier.

Barry also doesn't have the pinpoint control Cisco does.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Barry is also a massive gently caress-up and is likely to somehow destroy the multiverse while simply attempting to go to another Earth.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
To be fair, this time, no one told Barry to run faster. So, of course, he couldn't do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
It wasn't as bad as the time Zoom trapped Barry in a glass cupboard and he couldn't work out how to escape until Zoom phased through it to beat him up.

• Locked thread