Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Braun?
This poll is closed.
Owns 4 2.15%
Really Owns 5 2.69%
BRAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNN!!! 57 30.65%
120 64.52%
Total: 186 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
It's a shame Charlotte didn't inherit her father's promo skills

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Edge & Christian posted:

Going to repeat my fantasy booking idea for a racist referee who can't tell black people apart so he's constantly letting like the New Day do twin magic and eventually like Mark Henry and Rich Swann win the tag belts when they realize what's going on.

I'm like 99% sure Kofi and Xavier did twin magic once

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

bradzilla posted:

i was going to post this, kofi and xavier did indeed pull off twin magic. i think the fresh man kept his face covered pretty well but still...

Codependent Poster posted:

I said it last night, but I'll say it again... the Usos are now Key & Peele characters.

I'm expecting them to go "US-OOOOOO!" and then explode.

the usos are good, actually

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I feel like I'm in crazy insane opposite world when people start talking about how good charlottes promos are. They're always so hammy that I just kind of grimace and change the channel until it's over. I guess maybe the idea is that reaction means it's effective heel work? but I don't really care about her losing or getting hers or whatever. I just wanna change the channel.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

MinibarMatchman posted:

I loving wish Charlotte would cut promos about how nightmares are the best part of her day and how Bayley should take a plane into a nosedive. We need someone in the women's division like that but all the good wrestlers either have an accent that wouldn't work with that (Asuka, Becky, the Aussies) or already have perfect gimmicks (Alexa).

If Rosemary ever leaves TNA they could pick her up or something.

I think Nikki Cross is doing a Jim Hellwig gimmick on the NXT house shows

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

bradzilla posted:

They did it's why I changed his post

dromal phrenia posted:

i was going to post this, kofi and xavier did indeed pull off twin magic. i think the fresh man kept his face covered pretty well but still...

Yeah, they were wearing the exact same outfit and had the exact same hair, and Xavier had his face covered by the rollup.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Eli Wiggum posted:

She did, just his current ones.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Efexeye posted:

jesus christ the usos cut one loving promo you guys

that's all that cm punk chump ever did

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

That DICK! posted:

I feel like I'm in crazy insane opposite world when people start talking about how good charlottes promos are. They're always so hammy that I just kind of grimace and change the channel until it's over. I guess maybe the idea is that reaction means it's effective heel work? but I don't really care about her losing or getting hers or whatever. I just wanna change the channel.

I never really noticed how bad they were until I had Raw on in the background this week. Her inflection is all over the place and she puts emphasis on the wrong words in every single sentence.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

That DICK! posted:

Her promos are bad. I didn't realize people were saying otherwise, but those people are wrong because she is bad.

Who's the best? :alexa: for even needing to ask

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Alexa runs circles on everyone right now. Also Stephanie sucks on the mic.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Cubone posted:

We Need to Talk About Kevin Owens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhQ4SF2GnR4

my 2 cents: KO does that look because he knows it's unsettling and Landis and Reddit are reading too much into it, but I wanted to make a We Need to Talk About Kevin joke

I'm glad someone else has made this observation. One of the things that always has appealed to me for Kevin is that it seems like he is dead inside. Along with the fact that he is IRL witty and funny and a good wrestler. But then there are those moments where he comes off like a complete psycho.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Eli Wiggum posted:

Hahahah I didn't know that

I forget who it was against, bit there was a match with Nikki as champion where they pulled twin magic, Brie got pinned, and then she spent the post match pulling the tissue paper padding from under her shirt trying to get Nikki DQ'D to save the title.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Cubone posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhQ4SF2GnR4

my 2 cents: KO does that look because he knows it's unsettling and Landis and Reddit are reading too much into it, but I wanted to make a We Need to Talk About Kevin joke

I find it amusing that the (very bad) film director/writer can't tell the difference between someone playing a character and someone's actual personality.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Feel dumb for not immediately expecting Alexa's family after the Balor one: https://twitter.com/WWE/status/834493142615273472

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Mr. Bliss outkicked his coverage pretty big

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rovert posted:

Feel dumb for not immediately expecting Alexa's family after the Balor one: https://twitter.com/WWE/status/834493142615273472

Alexa told her mom to suck it. She is legit.

Also the sportcenter thing already happened?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Codependent Poster posted:

I said it last night, but I'll say it again... the Usos are now Key & Peele characters.

I'm expecting them to go "US-OOOOOO!" and then explode.

I look forward to the Usos telling a nervous Apollo Crews how they intend to "wax them terries" in reference to the Wyatts

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I like listening to Max Landis talk about wrestling more than I enjoy actually watching wrestling these days.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DoctorGonzo posted:

Alexa told her mom to suck it. She is legit.

Also the sportcenter thing already happened?

It's on tonight's I think.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

tao of lmao posted:

I like listening to Max Landis talk about wrestling more than I enjoy actually watching wrestling these days.

wow you must REALLY hate watching it

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tao of lmao posted:

Friend, are you okay?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

tao of lmao posted:

id rather just listen to wrestling

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

tao of lmao posted:

i wish you would step back from that ledge my friend. you can cut ties with all the lovely wrestling you've been livin in. watch a Braun Stroman match and enjoy.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
One year ago today:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzDP3ltd8tA&t=55s

It must eat Stephanie up inside knowing she will never get a pop like that

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

tao of lmao posted:

Something broke you badly.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
tbh I don't really know why people don't like Max Landis. I'm not gonna go to bat for the guy, but he mostly just reminds me of people I know who're cool to hang out with, like, sometimes. He definitely comes off pretty wired and maybe too intuitive? Like he seems like a dude who's never replied to anything by just being like "yeah..." in his entire life. But somebody said John Landis could have killed Vic Morrow and those two Vietnamese kids on purpose, and it would still be the second worst thing he's done after siring Max Landis, and, I mean, lol, but wow

e: Sorry for posting about Max Landis. I feel like he and Dan Harmon and Lena Dunham just pop up in unrelated topics all the time and the conversation just becomes about them for half a page, and it's probably really annoying to people who don't give a poo poo.

Cubone fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Feb 22, 2017

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cubone posted:

tbh I don't really know why people don't like Max Landis. I'm not gonna go to bat for the guy, but he mostly just reminds me of people I know who're cool to hang out with, like, sometimes. He definitely comes off pretty wired and maybe too intuitive? Like he seems like a dude who's never replied to anything by just being like "yeah..." in his entire life. But somebody said John Landis could have killed Vic Morrow and those two Vietnamese kids on purpose, and it would still be the second worst thing he's done after siring Max Landis, and, I mean, lol, but wow

He comes off as REALLY loving pretentious. That's what annoys me about him.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Max Landis carries himself like he's the only one who's actually figured poo poo out when in reality he's a know-nothing douchebag

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Julio Cruz posted:

I find it amusing that the (very bad) film director/writer can't tell the difference between someone playing a character and someone's actual personality.

Uh, he specifically says "Wrestling Character" ten seconds in.

tao of lmao posted:

Hell, same.*

*(except SmackDown)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Wrestling is good.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Alain Post posted:

Wrestling is good.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Landis is kind of a weirdo, but I generally like his work and he doesn't outright grate on me. By all accounts I've heard he's a super nice dude in person. It's just weird that people have this really specific grudge or hatred of him, because he's really no more offensive than others who do the stuff he does. Like, it's not as though he's everywhere or a really prominent star. He's super easy to ignore if you don't care about him.

Eli Wiggum posted:

Are we sure her mother isn't Linda McMahon? She has the exact same cadence.

"*I* want. A di-VORCE!"

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bayley sucks.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

DoctorGonzo posted:

Bayley sucks.
:same: but max landis

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Bayley and Max Landis are both spazzy weirdos that are in fact, Good. :colbert:

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
My brother met Max Landis at a goth club once when they were both high schoolers and he says he was a cool guy.

I think people don't like him because he's said some myssogynistic things but I have no evidence of that nor do I care to dig it up.

Anyway, yeah, listening to people talk about wrestling is cool, especially when they actually like it.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

sportsgenius86 posted:

Max Landis carries himself like he's the only one who's actually figured poo poo out when in reality he's a know-nothing douchebag
He's basically SMG for wrestling fans

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DoctorGonzo posted:

Bayley sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me

Strawberry Panda posted:

My brother met Max Landis at a goth club once when they were both high schoolers and he says he was a cool guy.

I think people don't like him because he's said some myssogynistic things but I have no evidence of that nor do I care to dig it up.

Anyway, yeah, listening to people talk about wrestling is cool, especially when they actually like it.

And then twice more at PWG shows where he bought everyone (fans and wrestlers) pizza.

• Locked thread