Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chochmah
Sep 27, 2015

trucutru posted:

I have not watched the expanse and now I have the feeling it sucks. Could someone else recommend it?

Maybe the Expanse can recommend itself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMTjN7eRceA

(no 'real' story spoilers)

chochmah fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Feb 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
cute motherfucking spoilers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivej0OW7WZk

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Everyone should read the entirety of the Chit thread because it's the posting equivalent of pre-tremours for the ELE.

It's seriously 95% people saying that they're done with funding and that CIG's performance is poo poo. There's even open admissions that the project is likely to fail. :allears:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Breetai posted:

Everyone should read the entirety of the Chit thread because it's the posting equivalent of pre-tremours for the ELE.

It's seriously 95% people saying that they're done with funding and that CIG's performance is poo poo. There's even open admissions that the project is likely to fail. :allears:
#IStandWithRoberts

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

It's a good thing they have so many and such competent community managers which have softened the impact of such a thread.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Good, let it burn

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Calm down peter.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Ghostlight posted:

Calm down peter.

I cannot

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Xaerael posted:

I'm going to assume Spectrum will be a "paid customers only get access" thing?

Because if it is, well... that's the biggest sign that they don't want outsiders seeing what's going on before they've coughed up their rent cheque.

Most of the current forum is behind a paywall already, just General Chat that you can publicly view iirc, but it appears they are really bolting the exits with Spectrum, nuking years of their promises and back-forth exchanges with people they claim they will treat with the 'same level of respect as they would investors' (The Pledge) or at best severely restricting your ability to view and access the information. I'm sure there's more and I'm sure it's worse.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

Good, let it burn
I am also mad today but for different reasons

I guess it's because I've seen projects like this so many times, headed by people making outrageous sums of money, producing nothing, forcing misery and terror on their employees, making people miss holidays and vacations and family time and lives, the actual lives they should be living

all in pursuit of some unobtainable goal that they think possible only if people believed more, gave more and worked harder, while the top levels take holidays and smirk at how much they have accomplished

star citizen, for me, isn't about some dumb space game taking money from people. it's about companies and businesses who do this poo poo all the time, who actively make employees suffer to squeak out mediocrity at a faster rate, take all the profits from the word go and leave a wasteland of failure and suffering behind

it still happens. this isn't unique to the 90s corporate culture. I work for people who absolutely do not give a poo poo about anything except the dollar on some spreadsheet. these are organizations that should be helping people, that have vast, immeasurable resources that could save hundreds of thousands of lives or improve countless others. instead they gently caress over whoever they can, sometimes for little or no gain whatsoever, just because they can. because they are that powerful, that immense, that nothing can touch them

its all very liberal-bleeding-heart-tree-hugging-faggotry, because somehow caring about people makes you weak for some reason

and sure I get plenty of laughs here but I've been through crunches where I didn't leave the office for 50+ hours. where I had to take cabs home because the lack of sleep made me hallucinate people were walking in front of the road. where when you finally came back, the guy up top who had been on vacation for 3 weeks in fiji asked why you weren't at your desk working. where the people making the biggest amount of money did absolutely nothing but come up with ideas for other people to implement in a sane and working fashion

to sum up, gently caress chris roberts and those at the top making millions while death marching everyone into the deepest pit of despair imaginable

gently caress you, Chris. gently caress you.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoAxU11aL9k

40 seconds into a 7.5 minute video: "this is all just speculation"

"Will you need to fill water tanks on your spaceship like refueling?"

"Regular eating is still debatable."

"Hopefully we can have a backpack ... but again, more questions than answers"

"Let's keep the comments friendly and have fun with the possibilities"

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6UpYsOwlGY

Repeat posting but, and furthermore

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

TheAgent posted:

I guess it's because I've seen projects like this so many times, headed by people making outrageous sums of money, producing nothing, forcing misery and terror on their employees, making people miss holidays and vacations and family time and lives, the actual lives they should be living

all in pursuit of some unobtainable goal that they think possible only if people believed more, gave more and worked harder, while the top levels take holidays and smirk at how much they have accomplished

star citizen, for me, isn't about some dumb space game taking money from people. it's about companies and businesses who do this poo poo all the time, who actively make employees suffer to squeak out mediocrity at a faster rate, take all the profits from the word go and leave a wasteland of failure and suffering behind

it still happens. this isn't unique to the 90s corporate culture. I work for people who absolutely do not give a poo poo about anything except the dollar on some spreadsheet. these are organizations that should be helping people, that have vast, immeasurable resources that could save hundreds of thousands of lives or improve countless others. instead they gently caress over whoever they can, sometimes for little or no gain whatsoever, just because they can. because they are that powerful, that immense, that nothing can touch them

its all very liberal-bleeding-heart-tree-hugging-faggotry, because somehow caring about people makes you weak for some reason

and sure I get plenty of laughs here but I've been through crunches where I didn't leave the office for 50+ hours. where I had to take cabs home because the lack of sleep made me hallucinate people were walking in front of the road. where when you finally came back, the guy up top who had been on vacation for 3 weeks in fiji asked why you weren't at your desk working. where the people making the biggest amount of money did absolutely nothing but come up with ideas for other people to implement in a sane and working fashion

to sum up, gently caress chris roberts and those at the top making millions while death marching everyone into the deepest pit of despair imaginable

No those are fairly similar reasons :v:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
this is what y'all get because I skipped food and just had chardonnay during lunch meetings today

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

People are getting stuck at the loading screen for spectrum.

Never change CIG :lol:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sabreseven posted:

People are getting stuck at the loading screen for spectrum.

Never change CIG :lol:

I left it open for an hour in the background and Chrome had used all my system memory and crashed

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

I left it open for an hour in the background and Chrome had used all my system memory and crashed
thank you for once again bringing laughter into my life

see you in 3.0

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
or wait can we even play together now that regional servers are a thing? can you connect to us servers? gently caress

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

TheAgent posted:

#FuckYouRoberts

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Oh, hobo is on Spectrum right now. Probably doing community poo poo.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Hot off the press...
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/1/thread/spaceship-prices

Edit: Guess that was his community poo poo. :v:

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

What twisted world we inhabit that $175 seems like a bargain, since you can technically pay $3,000 for nothing.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

That's the fresh cash price I imagine.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

I'm taking this friday off. Good to know I'll have entertainment and something to drink beer to the entire day.

EDIT: reading the thread and seeing how much the funding moves. I am not a backer.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

$175 for a jpeg of a videogame spaceship

$175 for dlc

fuckin hell

SirTagz
Feb 25, 2014

TheAgent posted:

Seriously, get a new job. You talk about people worshipping money but you put it above else as well, otherwise you wouldnt be where you are. Just go work for a company that isn't poo poo all the way down and have a happier life ffs.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Haha, guess they are finally running out of money, that wall of text says but one (ok, two) thing to me : Damage control and loss mitigation.

Dig deep commandos, $175 (indoctrinationary price) really is a bargain for an imagination chariot.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

alf_pogs posted:

$175 for a jpeg of a videogame spaceship

$175 for dlc

fuckin hell

Remember when there was outcry at $2.50 for horse armor that did nothing in Oblivion? They should've moved the decimal point a couple of places to the right and had people like Lethality falling over themselves to buy it.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
I finally took a break from playing Elite, an actual spaceship game, to go and get my money back from the crobblits.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Space Crabs posted:

What twisted world we inhabit that $175 seems like a bargain, since you can technically pay $3,000 for nothing.

I think a day or two ago on Specturm, someone asked Lando for the price and he said it was in the "design department" to determine the price. loving comedy thinking they are doing deep calculations to determine BOM and gross profit margins for a jpeg instead of just placing Stevie Wonder in front of a dartboard.

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

A little under two years of real development.

quote:

Well '12 and '13 were start up years, June '14 AC went live, and there the game first truly became playable, so a little under two years of real development, i think they are making fair progress for the time being. Im ready to wait another 5 years, then we have reached the Fallout 4 development time, and that was with a studio and a publisher already set up.
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7540449/#Comment_7540449

Ben "Puma" Lesnick

Risc1911 fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Feb 23, 2017

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Why would they cut it off right when it was about to get good? I want a refund.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

Good, let it burn

chochmah
Sep 27, 2015
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/372558/feeling-angry-and-annoyed-everytime-i-play-sc

Feeling angry and annoyed everytime i play SC

Its maybe the only one with that feeling. I can take that. But im been honest, everytime i play SC since 1.6 (when they started to migrate to google servers) my levels of angry and annoyance hit records. I'm not pretending they to release 3.0, SQ42 or anything, but look at what we have now...lots of ships, thats true. But gamepaly wise, content wise, technically...ive never played an early access for that long been so messy.

I understand the scope, theyre pretending to make the biggest most ambitious project ever done in the videogame industry, ok im not arguing with that. But what we have now? what are the foundations? are we really demanding the BDSSE with these foundations?

When you release an FPS shooter 2 years delayed, and its the most mediocre, not fun, buggy, laggy mess ever a big budget company has produced, you don't really have good foundations. When youre changing the flight model since the very first day because you don't know yet what you want to be, you don't have good foundations, when youre balancing one time and another, patch after patch, getting more and more far from been balanced after 2 years you don't have a good foundation, all that with an exponentially more complex and messy code that multiplies bugs and techincal troubles. Can we expect a BDSSE wiht those dirty foundations?

Forget about 3.0, planetary stuff, SQ42 and everything its not playable now, im not going there, i don't even want that till they are 100% sure its fun, playable, enjoyable, and techincally acceptable. I don't want it.

Think about what we have now, and think about that been in development for about 4 years, with 2 years actively played by the comunity with lots of feedback. And now ask to yourself, is this acceptable?

Don't take me wrong, i want the project to be released as soon as posible and i want it to be a drat good game, and thats why im not asking for 3.0, SQ42 release date or more ships, ive learned to not expect new things from CIG the ahrd way, and im fine with that, lets focus on the game we play every day. I just want an acceptable game with the poor content we have now, im not asking for the moon, given that theyve been developing this part of the game 4 years and 2 been public alpha...

You can't make the most ambitious project ever, with a softy, tender community, been always gratefull, and patient. The foundations are a mess, and they are still changing pretty basic ground things as it was they first year of development.

Why they keep selling and making new ships? Do we really need more ships? at this rate they will ahve to remodel 20 ships per year to keep up with everything else, more work, more money wasted, and more poo poo to sell.

And whats wrong with the servers? why theyre always under stress? are they investing in server side? can't we expect a good server support from a hundred million dollar game funded by the backers???? is that begging for too much???

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Krycek posted:

I finally took a break from playing Elite, an actual spaceship game, to go and get my money back from the crobblits.

this owns

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Krycek posted:

Time to buy all the pretty elite ship paint jobs

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Daztek posted:

Time to buy all the pretty elite ship paint jobs

They deserve it more than cig

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word

chochmah posted:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/372558/feeling-angry-and-annoyed-everytime-i-play-sc

Feeling angry and annoyed everytime i play SC

Its maybe the only one with that feeling. I can take that. But im been honest, everytime i play SC since 1.6 (when they started to migrate to google servers) my levels of angry and annoyance hit records. I'm not pretending they to release 3.0, SQ42 or anything, but look at what we have now...lots of ships, thats true. But gamepaly wise, content wise, technically...ive never played an early access for that long been so messy.

I understand the scope, theyre pretending to make the biggest most ambitious project ever done in the videogame industry, ok im not arguing with that. But what we have now? what are the foundations? are we really demanding the BDSSE with these foundations?

When you release an FPS shooter 2 years delayed, and its the most mediocre, not fun, buggy, laggy mess ever a big budget company has produced, you don't really have good foundations. When youre changing the flight model since the very first day because you don't know yet what you want to be, you don't have good foundations, when youre balancing one time and another, patch after patch, getting more and more far from been balanced after 2 years you don't have a good foundation, all that with an exponentially more complex and messy code that multiplies bugs and techincal troubles. Can we expect a BDSSE wiht those dirty foundations?

Forget about 3.0, planetary stuff, SQ42 and everything its not playable now, im not going there, i don't even want that till they are 100% sure its fun, playable, enjoyable, and techincally acceptable. I don't want it.

Think about what we have now, and think about that been in development for about 4 years, with 2 years actively played by the comunity with lots of feedback. And now ask to yourself, is this acceptable?

Don't take me wrong, i want the project to be released as soon as posible and i want it to be a drat good game, and thats why im not asking for 3.0, SQ42 release date or more ships, ive learned to not expect new things from CIG the ahrd way, and im fine with that, lets focus on the game we play every day. I just want an acceptable game with the poor content we have now, im not asking for the moon, given that theyve been developing this part of the game 4 years and 2 been public alpha...

You can't make the most ambitious project ever, with a softy, tender community, been always gratefull, and patient. The foundations are a mess, and they are still changing pretty basic ground things as it was they first year of development.

Why they keep selling and making new ships? Do we really need more ships? at this rate they will ahve to remodel 20 ships per year to keep up with everything else, more work, more money wasted, and more poo poo to sell.

And whats wrong with the servers? why theyre always under stress? are they investing in server side? can't we expect a good server support from a hundred million dollar game funded by the backers???? is that begging for too much???

loving :same:

People are slowly waking up :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Krycek posted:

:toot:

hey that's like exactly one nintendo switch