Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Braun?
This poll is closed.
Owns 4 2.15%
Really Owns 5 2.69%
BRAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNN!!! 57 30.65%
120 64.52%
Total: 186 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I had never heard of him before that HHH thing and I liked him okay up until I saw he was sitting there with his disgusting bare feet on show and from that moment on I hated his loving guts, ugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
205 live has been really fun for like a month straight and the Neville/Gallagher fued is being built really well. Also Bayley and Enzo are still good.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

MinibarMatchman posted:

On one hand I love Lou Parper and Big Breakfast and Husky "Waylon Mercy" Harris getting big pushes and looking great in the ring. On the other hand I love AJ Styles so it's depressing to think that even though he's the 2nd-to-last man in all these matches, he's going to end up with a spotmonkey match against Shane. I'd much rather have him in a triple threat with the swampmens.

True, but on the other hand, AJ is probably the most entertaining option if we're stuck with a Shane match regardless. AJ can do a million cool moves on and around Shane while we wait for Shane to jump off of something very high.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

The worry shouldn't be whether or not they have a good match, the worry will be whether or not they have AJ job to Shane because he isn't big. Because that would be loving stupid, and its exactly the sort of thing WWE would do.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I kinda have this feeling Shane's spot monkey offense might gel super well with AJ but that might just be wishful thinking.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Dr. Baker posted:

And then twice more at PWG shows where he bought everyone (fans and wrestlers) pizza.
I heard that it was vegan pizza though

VJeff posted:

I kinda have this feeling Shane's spot monkey offense might gel super well with AJ but that might just be wishful thinking.
AJ can definitely carry Shane to a decent match

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

the_american_dream posted:

"Look nothing alike"

They're literal twins. Not like they had R Truth and Kofi out there doing twin magic

That one time they had Ziggler and R-Truth come out as a tag team, Truth was dressed like ziggler and calling himself R-Ziggler, and they tried to pull twin magic was phenomenal though.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I went to all the same BTW shows in Newark that Bayley did and saw her actual wrestling debut in person. I'm so proud of all her success, and she's fantastic.

I did see Goldust at a show and he was an unbelievable rear end in a top hat.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

achillesforever6 posted:

AJ can definitely carry Shane to a decent match

Styles has that quality that Flair or HBK had, the kind of guy who can have a good match with a broomstick as they say. Sadly a feud with Shane is just boring in my mind, even if Styles makes a solid match out of it. Unless they bring some other wrestler into the equation, which I figured they'd do with Undertaker vs Shane but nope.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

I did see Goldust at a show and he was an unbelievable rear end in a top hat.

Aw, that's disappointing. I would've figured he would have to be a good sport to carry that gimmick.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

I heard that it was vegan pizza though

i ate some, it was dominos

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

He's basically SMG for wrestling fans

This is loving dead on

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
in what world is shane mcmahon a "spot monkey"

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996

Julio Cruz posted:

I find it amusing that the (very bad) film director/writer can't tell the difference between someone playing a character and someone's actual personality.

some of the first and last things out of his mouth are talking about him being a character

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Bayley is really good actually.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Alain Post posted:

all of them

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

SamuraiFoochs posted:

He comes off as REALLY loving pretentious. That's what annoys me about him.

He also does that thing where, when a movie of his is poorly received, it's always because the studio interfered or the audience wasn't ready for his great idea. Like when American Ultra tanked it was because "audiences don't want original ideas anymore" even though it was basically just a Chuck spec script. He acts like he's the loving god-king of movies when if he didn't have a famous dad he'd be waiting tables.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

oatgan posted:

i ate some, it was dominos

So even worse.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Both Chronicle and American Ultra owned. If Max Landis wanted to be hated less he should just shut the gently caress up.

But I like his wrestling stuff though. Except the stuff about Triple H.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Endless Mike posted:

The only thing to really tell the Bellas apart pre-boobjob was Brie's vag tattoos, and those are easy enough to cover up for Twin Magic.

They're not on her vag they're on her vagina bones

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Gorn Myson posted:

The worry shouldn't be whether or not they have a good match, the worry will be whether or not they have AJ job to Shane because he isn't big. Because that would be loving stupid, and its exactly the sort of thing WWE would do.

Shane only exists to do stupid stunts and put other people over. When's the last time he actually won a feud, X-Pac?

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I think people misunderstood me. I legit like Max Landis and I think he has interesting things to say about wrestling. If that makes me broken in the brain, so be it.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Alain Post posted:

Shane is the pure definition of spot monkey. He doesn't know how to work or pace a real match. You are just waiting for his next spot.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Alain Post posted:

that is all he does

he does the big spots (and the best punches in the biz)

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Max Landis is the Neil Degrasse Tyson of professional wrestling

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

Max Landis carries himself like he's the only one who's actually figured poo poo out when in reality he's a know-nothing douchebag

So do most of us and especially me.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I always figured "spot monkey" to be like someone who does nothing but shitloads of Spots in their matches, like Will Osprey or some poo poo

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Alain Post posted:

I always figured "spot monkey" to be like someone who does nothing but shitloads of Spots in their matches, like Will Osprey or some poo poo

Yeah and that's Shane, his pace is just slower.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Alain Post posted:

Osprey can work though. Shane is literally a guy who just goes from one spot to another.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Alain Post posted:

It's a pejorative because it implies a wrestler who has no skills or charisma and just relies on jumping off of stuff (no skill needed, just the balls to do so) to get over.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

max landis could probably still beat up enzo in real life, because enzo would just run into a wall and knock himself out

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mulaney Power Move posted:

max landis could probably still beat up enzo in real life, because enzo would just run into a wall and knock himself out

LMFAO

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Maybe Shane will team up with Nakamura and force AJ into a handicapped match, then while Shane sets up for his next big bump Nakamura and AJ can make some magic.

That's totally gonna happen... right dudes?

Right?

a new study bible! fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Feb 23, 2017

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I went back and watched the Strowman vs Dad Abs Show match and it was actually super good. But then, of course, Roman Reigns.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

drat that sideplate, this is the girliest belt since the diva's title. Self-loving Hug Pacman better playable in 2K18 and not just on her titantron. I'll also take Dark-Bayley as a hidden SNK final boss with flaming tube men. WWE really needs a new batshit arcade game.

Black Is Black
Jan 6, 2007

Blaise330 posted:

I'll also take Dark-Bayley as a hidden SNK final boss with flaming tube men. WWE really needs a new batshit arcade game.

Can't wait to talk about heel Bayley for 10 years like we did with Cena.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996

Push El Burrito posted:

Bayley is really good actually.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Mulaney Power Move posted:

max landis could probably still beat up enzo in real life, because enzo would just run into a rope and knock himself out

Fixed that for you

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

a new study bible! posted:

Maybe Shane will team up with Nakamura and force AJ into a handicapped match, then while Shane sets up for his next big bump Nakamura and AJ can make some magic.

That's totally gonna happen... right dudes?

Right?

I'm still hoping AJ will demand a match with Shane who will laugh because "I'm not a wrestler!" and then pick Shinsuke as his champion to fight on his behalf.

Then at Wrestlemania we can have "This match is only even once before!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I really thought Shane/Undertaker was plotted about as well as it could be done, given the gist of it was Shane getting the poo poo kicked out of him until Undertaker did something stupid and knocked himself loopy on the stairs to even things

• Locked thread