Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
This little piggy was smart and built his strawman out of bricks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

Christ, what an rear end in a top hat.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the motherfreaking atheist pig... love him or hate him, ya gotta respect him !!

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
The Atheist Pig becoming a thread regular is fine as long as I never need to see Pigman again.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

oddium posted:

the motherfreaking atheist pig... love him or hate him, ya gotta respect him !!

A-bdy A-bdy A-bdy God isn't real, folks!

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

What happens when the Atheist Pig meets that Creationist Dog from the other webcomic? Find out on ABC, Wednesdays this fall at 8/7 Central!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
You know it's a Branco when John McCain is the most accurately portrayed and least stereotypical and, above all, most normal-looking human being.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"There is definitely somebody worse than me" says artist who drew this:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

I don't think that's Rall- I'm not sure it's how he usually depicts himself.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Keiya posted:

Have a lovely webcomic that made it to reddit's /r/all.

Atheist Pig looks like it's either a parody of Dave Sim's Cerebus or someone who really wanted to bite his style and file off the serial numbers.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Given Sim's descent, it's probably the latter.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Mercury Hat posted:

Atheist Pig looks like it's either a parody of Dave Sim's Cerebus or someone who really wanted to bite his style and file off the serial numbers.

the difference is when the author of Atheist Pig goes nuts and has a full-on misogynist breakdown they will become more popular

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moVCve4ppf4

(vaguely not safe for lunch even though it's fake)

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

I couldn't quite find a lot of Kruschev / Brezhnev realist paintings. Might be because when you drop your personality cult you get fewer paintings, might be because history is less interested in preserving those guys?

Young(ish) Niki / Lenya as soldiers. Not quite Young Stalin caliber.
Leonid's obsession with decorating himself with literal kilos of self-awarded medals required very little to caricature properly. Bordered on self-caricature as it stands.
(Based on a photograph)

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Jerusalem posted:

To very grudgingly be fair, we do live in a world where Dry Bones exists.

At least Rall makes an actually good cartoon/point once or twice a year.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

the_steve posted:

To very grudgingly be fair, we do live in a world where Dry Bones exists.

At least Rall makes an actually good cartoon/point once or twice a year.
On the flip side Yaakov Kirschen probably doesn't throw a tantrum because he isn't cartooning for the New Yorker.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I only ever skim your posts but this one is fuckin great and I want to see a Nixon in the same style side-by-side.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Trapezium Dave posted:

On the flip side Yaakov Kirschen probably doesn't throw a tantrum because he isn't cartooning for the New Yorker.

He's too busy throwing tantrums over Palestinians existing.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
I'm a bit disappointed that there wasn't more Milo hot take cartoons.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

These are both really good, for very different reasons.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I can never be completely sure what kinds of things drive Trump into a rage and what don't (either way they have to break through his reality shell first) but I would think that being portrayed as impotent would be one of them.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

The New York Times doesn't have any cartoonists, does it? What the gently caress is he on about?

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

I can never be completely sure what kinds of things drive Trump into a rage and what don't (either way they have to break through his reality shell first) but I would think that being portrayed as impotent would be one of them.

Doubt if he cares too much, just so you don't imply he's not worth what he says he is.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Unkempt posted:

The New York Times doesn't have any cartoonists, does it? What the gently caress is he on about?

I tried shrugging my shoulders like a Ted Rall character, and now I'm pretty sure I've got a dislocated shoulder.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

MrUnderbridge posted:

Doubt if he cares too much, just so you don't imply he's not worth what he says he is.
At least when he did the pussy grabbing tape he seemed to care about his male performance a lot.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Those guys are adults, though.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

e: it's me, I'm the one who misread the Rall cartoon and gave him too much credit.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Mystic Mongol posted:

:perfect:

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
All these "Trump is so ugly/impotent/has small hands" etc. cartoons are just annoying to me. Every loving day there's some actual policy to criticize, attack or be outraged about, and you choose these juvenile angles of attack just because the thought of Trump-senpai noticing you makes you hard? Like yeah, he's pretty disgusting to look at, but that's not the main problem here, and repeatedly pointing it out in lieu of including actual politics in so-called political cartoons doesn't help anything.

To be clear, I don't have a problem with grotesquely ugly caricatures as long as there is some point being made beyond that.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Mystic Mongol posted:

That's a girl, though.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

tyblazitar posted:

All these "Trump is so ugly/impotent/has small hands" etc. cartoons are just annoying to me. Every loving day there's some actual policy to criticize, attack or be outraged about, and you choose these juvenile angles of attack just because the thought of Trump-senpai noticing you makes you hard? Like yeah, he's pretty disgusting to look at, but that's not the main problem here, and repeatedly pointing it out in lieu of including actual politics in so-called political cartoons doesn't help anything.

To be clear, I don't have a problem with grotesquely ugly caricatures as long as there is some point being made beyond that.
I agree about fat and ugly and stuff, but I think sexual impotence is an excellent metaphor for how he's doing the job of president so far.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

David Rowe:

Bill Leak:

This is actually a callback to the previous Leak cartoon.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

tyblazitar posted:

I feel they work because they're attacks on things that nobody cares about for anybody else because of the massive flaw of his all-consuming insecurity, which makes them attacks on that insecurity by proxy.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Serious question - I thought "Moo-slim" is how leftists pronounces the word now. Was I mistaken, or are cartoonists a few years behind reality as usual?

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

a wise choice, nurse

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Begemot posted:

Yeah I had to learn cursive in grade school. But I did not have to use it, ever, so I don't remember a bit of it.

It's a stupid thing to do anyway. Why should kids learn to write in a way that's harder to read which was designed for ease of use with quill pens?

How are you people signing things like ID cards and legal documents?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Picture four Trumpists on the edge of a cliff...

• Locked thread