Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe

murked by dragon posted:

the college kid talkin about boomers dyin haha owned death comes for us all rip TRUIMP!!!

bahahhahahah that little fucker sampson just said pussy on the teevee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Calibanibal posted:

sen. tom cotton, you sir are my enemy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdMohZ0Ifqk

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

you know seeing trump win presidency and all these loving retard senators win for years has convinced me i can be a fuckig retarded senator too

literally cant be hard look at these people theyre loving braindead

If you don't live in a really heavily populated area its probably easier than you think.

Like, go attend some local government meetings, find the lowest election to run in and run a 50/50 chance of winning, do a decent job and work hard, and then wait for the meaningful election to come along and for the party to be looking for candidates.

Like, I've been putting a fair bit of thought to testing this idea out at my local level.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
that kid owns

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

docbeard posted:

The ACLU's already making "the law still protects trans students and the President can't change that" noises. So here's hoping!

https://twitter.com/ACLU/status/834559533657776128

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
drat this owns

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

oddly specific there

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
NASA found nite crew planet

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

triple sulk posted:

I hope the GOP come up with some Basket of Deplorables equivalent but it's actually a compliment, like Chariot of Considerates

Isn't that what "virtue signaling" is? Its just not as catchy.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

gently caress every person that voted for jill stein

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
sayin pussy on stage is always da best way to get a standing O

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
hahaha yes! Yes!
:sicko:

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

triple sulk posted:

I hope the GOP come up with some Basket of Deplorables equivalent but it's actually a compliment, like Chariot of Considerates

you mean like social justice warriors

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

I know you don't want to hear this but, that rule was headed for certain death, by a clear majority even in a 4-4 court, in a review by the Supreme Court.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Asproigerosis posted:

How did trump get elected if everyone is at these town halls demanding him to be in a noose after not even a month?

Humans are stupid selfish assholes and literally cannot comprehend negative consequences for their lovely actions until it is kicking them directly in the nuts

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

reminder than tom cotton rose to fame by accusing the nytimes of helping the iraqi insurgency

there was also that time that iran got huge laffs around the world by roasting him after he sent them that letter explaining that obama's treaty negotiations are meaningless

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Epic High Five posted:

I'd like to see independent districting done, but to do it in the first place we're going to need insane gerrymanders in favor of the Dems, and at that point we should just use our supermajority to destroy the GOP so that another party that is interested in governance and not so far right takes their place

You people all have such small imaginations

New constitution. New form of government entirely

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/Bro_Pair/status/834556293427949571

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

hahaha yes! Yes!
:sicko:

What did the kid say? The og stream is dead

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Regarding the Slavery museum thing, do you think they go over various concepts with Trump to make sure he actually knows which things he's supposed to say are good and bad, like with flash cards or something?

quote:

Okay, Mr. President? Are you ready?

SLAVERY

Bad!

IMMIGRATION

Bad!

STRONG DOLLAR

Wait, I know this one. G..good!

INCEST

Pass

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
Did this loving guy say "our kansas?"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You know, its kind of tough to watch a man drowning. Even a piece of poo poo like Cotton.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/834554833692680192

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

STAC Goat posted:

You know, its kind of tough to watch a man drowning. Even a piece of poo poo like Cotton.

nah im grinning

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

He stands like that because that's the standard retarded army officer stance

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

What did the kid say? The og stream is dead

samson was talking about cotton being a good christian and then busted out "grabbed them by the pussy"

here's stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7pHGlJ-V8s

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
one of the nice things about the westminster parliamentary system is that betsy devos would have to stand before one of these

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Phi230 posted:

You people all have such small imaginations

*extremely Bob Page voice* A NEW AGE

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

I'd like to see independent districting done, but to do it in the first place we're going to need insane gerrymanders in favor of the Dems, and at that point we should just use our supermajority to destroy the GOP so that another party that is interested in governance and not so far right takes their place

dem gerrymandwrs are a dumb af idea in ptactice brcause they dont have a rwliavle off year electorate which mrans an acciental wave electuon can snrak up on them too easy

youbwant lite mandering for dems

i dont actually trust provedural districts unless you cn guarantee the algorithm accounts for poo poo like creating a few majority minority seats etc

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Republican response has been pretty clear.

"When conservatives stand up to have their voices heard its America at its finest and evidence of the silent majority of Republicans. When liberals stand up to have their voices heard its children throwing a tantrum and will just make the silent majority madder."

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

lmao

"if u feel that stronly about the secretary of education then that sounds like the department of education has too much power"

just lmao

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

sure and yui??

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

big problem with being a member of congress is you basically have to spend every waking hour fundraising. senators will leave the floor and go back to their office and just spend hours making phone call after phone call begging for money, then spend the weekends at events finding people they can beg for money or charging for appearances so they can raise money, it's got to tear the soul out of you

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Ramadu posted:

lmao

"if u feel that stronly about the secretary of education then that sounds like the department of education has too much power"

just lmao

ha thats a good come back

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
"If you feel that strongly the dept of edu has too much power" I hope u get mobbed dude and honestly I dont need to hope cause you're not far away from it

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Phi230 posted:

Look, for the last time, we're not doing communism. You can't get those fur hats any more.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/834523542779748354

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

"Maybe the problem is the Department of Education is too powerful. So I guess you don't like No Child Left Behind either, huh?"
"There were problems with it but Arkansas wouldn't have integrated without the federal government."

Daaaaaaaamn.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Squizzle posted:

sure and yui??

Why do you not have auto correct on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Squizzle posted:

dem gerrymandwrs are a dumb af idea in ptactice brcause they dont have a rwliavle off year electorate which mrans an acciental wave electuon can snrak up on them too easy

youbwant lite mandering for dems

i dont actually trust provedural districts unless you cn guarantee the algorithm accounts for poo poo like creating a few majority minority seats etc

Majority minority districts are a big part of what killed off moderate republicans because they no longer had to appeal to minorities

• Locked thread