Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

tacodaemon posted:

big problem with being a member of congress is you basically have to spend every waking hour fundraising. senators will leave the floor and go back to their office and just spend hours making phone call after phone call begging for money, then spend the weekends at events finding people they can beg for money or charging for appearances so they can raise money, it's got to tear the soul out of you

im straight up ok with congresspeople making 200k a year and being locked in a closet where if they are given so much as a free sticker or a coupon for 5cents off a dunkin donuts coffee for their reelection campaign, they are blast into space

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Young Orc

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

He stands like that because that's the standard retarded army officer stance

holy poo poo you're right

he's every single 2nd lieutenant ever

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

im the person cackling loudly in the backround

Rubber Tucky
Oct 14, 2004

Next time I will pay attention while choosing my thread tags.
The Democratic Party is the conservative party.

The Republican Party is a bunch of reactionary lunatics.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

HorseRenoir posted:

People should start wearing maga hats to these town halls to give their congressmen false hope and then roast them anyway

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

STAC Goat posted:

You know, its kind of tough to watch a man drowning. Even a piece of poo poo like Cotton.

Please. You gotta get into the genghis mindset. I'm waiting for the crowd to raze cottons village and ride his horses

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Rubber Tucky posted:

The Democratic Party is the conservative party.

The Republican Party is a bunch of reactionary lunatics.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Young Orc

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

STAC Goat posted:

You know, its kind of tough to watch a man drowning. Even a piece of poo poo like Cotton.

Nah I'm taking pleasure in this. gently caress these dudes, he's just gonna turn around and try to pass horrible laws and keep being a complete piece of poo poo.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
lamo

i ain't fightin for ALL people! i'm fightin for Y'ALL!!!!

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
so like how long until actual violence breaks out at one of these and the gop uses it as an excuse to kill people

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

no way you become a vet of both korea AND nam without committing at least one war crime w/ ur bare hands

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/zestynoah/status/832344291993346052

this guy gets it

#resist

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
boo! boo, i say! to electoral democracy

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

tax returns is the worst chant ever

u can tell these idiots dont have a sports team in their state

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

GobiasIndustries posted:

Nah I'm taking pleasure in this. gently caress these dudes, he's just gonna turn around and try to pass horrible laws and keep being a complete piece of poo poo.

Oh yeah, that's what keeps me there. The fact that he's not acknowledging any of their concerns and making it clear he doesn't give a loving poo poo about them. So that pushes back my human compulsion to feel bad.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/834559752885698560

amazing

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

tom cotton has a pitifully low CHA and no skill points in Diplomacy, i dont think he can pass this skill check encounter w/out it ending in combat

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Yeah, because he's been so critical of the Tea Party circle jerks in the past.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
not watching the stream, is cletus the slack jawed representitive still getting yelled at?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

oh

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Asproigerosis posted:

I suspect there are plenty of democrats that are willing to cross the aisle to 'compromise' to build political favor without a second thought. See: Everything they've done (or lack thereof) since the trumpening.

True, but the "Hastert rule" means that the Republicans will never pass a bill that relies on Democratic support. We saw it back with the suicide Caucus, and we'll see it again.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/jackieevancho/status/834506020105904136

https://twitter.com/jackieevancho/status/834556080378220545

i'm not owned, etc

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Holy poo poo there is so much energy in the electorate now, if the Dems are smart they'd use this to their advantage

*camera cuts to democrats taking turns pulling each others fingers in a crowded closet and giggling*

Welp....we're hosed.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
this lady owns a lot

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
"ive never voted for you"

this woman owns

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

Majority minority districts are a big part of what killed off moderate republicans because they no longer had to appeal to minorities

you neef a few becaufe whote pwiplr woby vote for enoufj minorires in cobgreaa to create a legislatiee that eg Black peopke will feel representef by

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

wizard on a water slide posted:

so like how long until actual violence breaks out at one of these and the gop uses it as an excuse to kill people

*extremely Bob Page voice again* WHY CONTAIN IT

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, this is fun and all but Cotton's answer to everything is "you lost the election so get over it."

Keeping to the party line.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Vertical Lime posted:

i'm not owned, etc

By the end of 2024 not a single American will remain uncobbed

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Why do you not have auto correct on?

no and I tyoe as fadt as posdiblr

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

The Brown Menace posted:

*extremely Bob Page voice again* WHY CONTAIN IT

Its cool

Squizzle posted:

no and I tyoe as fadt as posdiblr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F5459jCtuM

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Lol, please don't do stuff you said you wouldn't and lied about.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

The Brown Menace posted:

Please. You gotta get into the genghis mindset. I'm waiting for the crowd to raze cottons village and ride his horses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_SlAzsXa7E

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

tacodaemon posted:

there was also that time that iran got huge laffs around the world by roasting him after he sent them that letter explaining that obama's treaty negotiations are meaningless

well you cant just leave it at that

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

LOl they cant even get a Muslim ban out this week. JFC

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Very brave

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Consummate Professional posted:

I believe it is true because that dumb rear end EO that says obama care can't cost anything?

The IRS is still enforcing the mandate, they just won't reject returns that don't report the coverage. They will probably send out CP 2000s in a year or two if the mandate isn't repealed.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

euphronius posted:

LOl they cant even get a Muslim ban out this week. JFC

yeah their incompetency is seriously our saving grace here. it'll be worse than an obama deadlock but holy poo poo we might survive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

someone please explain theory of mind to the donald

• Locked thread