Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Zurai posted:

And your inability to read doesn't have any bearing on the fact that I explicitly said the first two upgrades were great deals and the third is still reasonable. No one has advocated spending 0 orbs on castle upgrades, so your arguments are specious straw men.

nah, i have read all your posts and understand what you are saying. but my single argument about this issue is "i probably would have quit the game already if i didn't do the castle upgrades" so i think i am correct that your opinion about orb efficiency doesn't matter, because i don't place the same value on variables LMNOP in the grand strategic equation of how to spend mobile f2p gacha game gems. the economics here are ultimately measured by "are you enjoying your time with the game" so i did the choice that I'm pretty sure will maximize my return on that front. your plan sounds good too, so you might enjoy yourself more if you go have fun playing the game instead of raging that i don't spend my hobby time in precisely the same way that you do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
After you get a team to level 40, and maybe some spares if you feel like it, there's very little to do in this game. In the long run, maybe 80% of your stamina will go to waste anyway, simply because there's nothing to use it on.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Let me buy Kagero with stamina

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I have two 4 star kageros and I think they're both -Atk because they never one shot infantry around their level

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Coming from F2P card games which have a generally similar business model, I find it kind of odd that you can't use feathers to buy a 1* version of any character you want.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I have two 4 star kageros and I think they're both -Atk because they never one shot infantry around their level

You can check by attempting to promote them if they're 20 or higher; that'll give you baseline 5* stats (minus the difference in weapon stats I believe; if ATK is wildly off, then you have to add the difference in weapon might) for the IV calculator.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Clarste posted:

Coming from F2P card games which have a generally similar business model, I find it kind of odd that you can't use feathers to buy a 1* version of any character you want.

How expensive would that be in feathers, though?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

OddObserver posted:

How expensive would that be in feathers, though?

Too expensive, I assume, but I don't think it'd hurt to be an option.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Kagero in general doesn't 1 shot a lot of things at 4*. Just like 4* FCorrin doesn't have enough speed or strength to put down Robin or Takumi in a single turn. You have to make due until you can upgrade or replace them.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I'm mostly just annoyed that it takes so many feathers to go from 4* to 5* and that feathers are mostly gated behind Arena quests or sending home units.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Senerio posted:

You can check by attempting to promote them if they're 20 or higher; that'll give you baseline 5* stats (minus the difference in weapon stats I believe; if ATK is wildly off, then you have to add the difference in weapon might) for the IV calculator.

that's a lot of feathers to check how bad my kageros are

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

You don't have to actually confirm the promotion; just attempting to do it will bring up their level 1 stats at the next rarity.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Er, she's a pretty great unit and you don't have to actually promote her to 5*, just get her to level 20 or above and look at the screen that tells you what her post promotion stats would be.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

FWIW, I'm on the don't upgrade your castle to the last stage boat.

Hell, I didn't even upgrade my castle to stage 4 and I'm glad I didn't because now I've saved another 20 pull that I wouldn't have otherwise.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

ApplesandOranges posted:

You don't have to actually confirm the promotion; just attempting to do it will bring up their level 1 stats at the next rarity.

Well nuts, one is -Atk/+HP and the other is -Atk/+Res

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Ubiquitus posted:

I've saved another 20 pull that I wouldn't have otherwise.

What did you get with that pull? :3:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

It doesn't matter what you get with the pulls. It's not like you can convert Stamina into new characters.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm gonna convert 15 stamina into a 3-star FRobin in about four hours

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I'm more satisfied than ever with my castle purchase now that i know it triggers people like Zurai who value their own time less than efficiency in a dumb mobile game.

Clarste posted:

After you get a team to level 40, and maybe some spares if you feel like it, there's very little to do in this game. In the long run, maybe 80% of your stamina will go to waste anyway, simply because there's nothing to use it on.

This is why i like the unit specific buffs, in my free time I can build up gimmick squads.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Nothing triggered me. You're welcome to make your own decisions. Someone asked "Should I upgrade my castle all the way?" and I provided an alternate viewpoint, that's all. You're welcome to feel all smug and righteous, though. No skin off my back.

Siselmo
Jun 16, 2013

hey there
Did 2 5-pulls, but still no 5*s, I wanted Eirika and/or Seliph :negative:

At least I'm close to getting enough feathers to promote one of my 4* characters to 5*. My MVPs so far are 4* Azama, 4* Maria, and 4* Sharena, with 4* Raigh and Subaki following after.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Nasgate posted:

I'm more satisfied than ever with my castle purchase now that i know it triggers people like Zurai who value their own time less than efficiency in a dumb mobile game.
Goons take mobile games very seriously. I once simply pointed out it was possible to make a rainbow team using one leader's skill in PAD because an event released units that matched the types and that led to like a three page derail of everyone calling me a moron for playing sub-optimally. Just for noticing a thing could be done.

Siselmo posted:

Did 2 5-pulls, but still no 5*s, I wanted Eirika and/or Seliph :negative:

At least I'm close to getting enough feathers to promote one of my 4* characters to 5*. My MVPs so far are 4* Azama, 4* Maria, and 4* Sharena, with 4* Raigh and Subaki following after.

If it makes you feel any better, Seliph is kind of bad.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Nuebot posted:

Goons take mobile games very seriously. I once simply pointed out it was possible to make a rainbow team using one leader's skill in PAD because an event released units that matched the types and that led to like a three page derail of everyone calling me a moron for playing sub-optimally. Just for noticing a thing could be done.

The secret that keeps me winning arena matches is that all sword lords are bad.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I need to figure out where to slot in my hector and Jeorge in an arena party. I guess I could ditch the healer and let Hector be the meat shield. Maybe it's time to retire Roy.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Nuebot posted:

It doesn't make me feel any better. I've done 3 separate 20 orb pulls and I haven't gotten him. While I've gotten some very useful heroes lately, I just really want Seliph. :smith:

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

ChronoReverse posted:

What did you get with that pull? :3:

Future Jaffar :smuggo:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Found this on Pixiv and I liked so so I'm showing it to you all so you can like it too

e: I liked this one too, the mail owl is v cute

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Feb 23, 2017

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

So what is the best thing to get with the Nintendo points? I was thinking just getting Light's Blessings but I don't know if it's worth getting something else.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
lyn needs to find some pants

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Light's Blessings are pretty pointless except for brute-forcing the more annoying story maps, but the game gives you more than enough for that purpose. Nothing else is especially valuable either though. Maybe stamina potions for when you want to powerlevel someone to 40?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My plan for the nintendo points is to just wait until one of the resources become scarce (i.e., I run out of them) and then buy them. No reason to not just let them sit forever until then.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.

General Morden posted:

Lyn is a savage nomad, she doesn't know what pants are.

E: The post below me proves my point.

Lord Ephraim fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Feb 23, 2017

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

General Morden posted:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

i think the thing that annoys me the most about this game is that it shows the week's bonus arena units as their in-battle tiny kawaii~~ forms. i am never going to expend the brain cells to memorize the subtle difference in hair color between Precious Waifu #24 and Effeminate Teenage Boy #35 who totally looks like her

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Lutha Mahtin posted:

i think the thing that annoys me the most about this game is that it shows the week's bonus arena units as their in-battle tiny kawaii~~ forms. i am never going to expend the brain cells to memorize the subtle difference in hair color between Precious Waifu #24 and Effeminate Teenage Boy #35 who totally looks like her

have you considered watching more anime

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
no but seriously which characters are you actually getting confused, they all look pretty distinct

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
At first I thought the last unit for arena bonus was Shanna which would have trolled players without the focus characters more. She's much worse than Catria.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Yeah, I wasn't sure which blue haired pegasus knight it was at first.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

My plan for the nintendo points is to just wait until one of the resources become scarce (i.e., I run out of them) and then buy them. No reason to not just let them sit forever until then.

I'm just hoarding mine until they give us a limited edition special bonus for nintendo points. Like orbs or a special guest mario or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

no but seriously which characters are you actually getting confused, they all look pretty distinct

it's more that i only use a small fraction of my units on a regular basis, and the fact that the only place outside of battle that you can see the in-battle unit icons is on the arena bonus units list. so unless im going to spend the time to memorize the kawaii icons for a bunch of characters i don't use, if the bonus units list doesn't have anyone i recognize it's a PITA to try and cross-check a bunch of units to make sure i do/don't have anyone on the list. it's simply bad UI design