Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Parkingtigers posted:

Noticed that the new French tank is also available for the other side, and regular heavy tanks were still in service. Wondering if that means it might just function as a heavy tank variant and may be available for others. Guess we'll see.
Aren't all the heavy tanks some German variant, no matter which country you're playing on? Wouldn't surprise me if the same was true for the St. Chamond.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

StevoMcQueen posted:

Got my first bf1 hatemail.

:feelsgood:

I'm amazed I don't get hate mail driving the party truck around amiens with impunity dropping mines and blasting pubbies.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

it's a new class of tank, the Assault Tank

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

my guess is that the town map is dice desperately trying to get people to fly the Tank Hunter attack plane

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

my guess is that the town map is dice desperately trying to get people to fly the Tank Hunter attack plane

i fly it for hunting planes and recons

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Man I think the revolver medal is the only one I'll never be able to get. 5 kills in a life with these things is nuts. They are really inaccurate compared to the semi-auto pistols and the reload speed is excruciating.

They don't even seem to deal that much more damage outside of "basically touching" range. I had a few 2-shot kills with the Gasser up close, but most of the time it took 3 or sometimes even 4. It's so much easier to kill people by just dumping a Frommer Stop mag into them - I honestly find it easier to get kills with semi-autos even when I'm just turning a corner and freaking out / wildly hip-firing than when I'm taking my time and trying to line up shots with the revolvers.

Anyone have any tips for this? I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong and revolvers aren't just flat-out poo poo, but I can't figure out the trick to using them effectively. Am I supposed to be hip-firing them like a trench weapon or something?

I know the real answer is "don't care about medals" but it's the only one I have left and it's just sitting there, taunting me.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
If pubbies don't notice the skulls popping up right by them, that's fine with me. (RIP me that I didn't get the 3rd tag)

https://gfycat.com/UnequaledSilentIchidna

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Auxiliary Treats posted:

If pubbies don't notice the skulls popping up right by them, that's fine with me. (RIP me that I didn't get the 3rd tag)

I'm sorry I bailed basically right as you logged on tonight :(

sometimes gotta basketball

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Man I think the revolver medal is the only one I'll never be able to get. 5 kills in a life with these things is nuts. They are really inaccurate compared to the semi-auto pistols and the reload speed is excruciating.

They don't even seem to deal that much more damage outside of "basically touching" range. I had a few 2-shot kills with the Gasser up close, but most of the time it took 3 or sometimes even 4. It's so much easier to kill people by just dumping a Frommer Stop mag into them - I honestly find it easier to get kills with semi-autos even when I'm just turning a corner and freaking out / wildly hip-firing than when I'm taking my time and trying to line up shots with the revolvers.

Anyone have any tips for this? I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong and revolvers aren't just flat-out poo poo, but I can't figure out the trick to using them effectively. Am I supposed to be hip-firing them like a trench weapon or something?

I know the real answer is "don't care about medals" but it's the only one I have left and it's just sitting there, taunting me.

gasser is poo poo, use bulldog for it

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Try the No 3 revolver, it has a top break so the reload is really quick. Not the best but it's serviceable. My favorite revolver is the auto revolver medics get. Same kind of top break but I think it's a tad better.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Auxiliary Treats posted:

Stabbing every sniper in sight? You're doing God's work :patriot:

EDIT: Not noticing skulls on the minimap is one thing, but it always baffles me when a sniper doesn't notice the AUUUGH*STAB*GHHHH*STAB**STAB* sound effect playing right next to them.

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013

Try using the auto revolver for the medic class that's what I used for that medal it shoots fast and it's a two hit kill at close range

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Whoever mentioned that the Russian 1895 trench is amazing is a hero and a saint. The 1895 infantry/sniper is probably my least favorite rifle in the game but the trench is murder machine. It feels like my favorite rifle, the m95 infantry, but even faster firing. It's perfect for Amiens.

Live At Five! fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Feb 23, 2017

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Live At Five! posted:

Whoever mentioned the Russian 1895 trench is amazing is a hero and a saint. The 1895 infantry/sniper is probably my least favorite rifle in the game but the trench is murder machine. It feels like my favorite rifle, the m95 infantry, but even faster firing. It's perfect for Amiens.

your welcome

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Did some sick flame dodging earlier tonight :madmax:

http://i.imgur.com/mkNLD6D.gifv

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

So excited for that new dlc. I wonder if assault tanks will pop up even in non dlc maps. Just that you might not be able to spawn with them unless you own the dlc.

Backup, do you think we could add the new maps into the rotation on the PS4 goon server?

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
AA gun damages my fighter. I bail nearby, stroll over to stab the bastard. It's actually an AA truck, so I start hitting it with my spanner because it's all I have to hurt it. Driver hears me knocking, gets out to shoot me. I immediately climb in, floor the gas, and go on some wacky adventures with my new death truck.

Good times.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Is the Bomber supposed to be this bad? Did they put it in as a joke?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

sunday at work posted:

Is the Bomber supposed to be this bad? Did they put it in as a joke?

the bombers are a lot better in operations but mainly they nerfed the bombers HARD last patch

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Parkingtigers posted:

AA gun damages my fighter. I bail nearby, stroll over to stab the bastard. It's actually an AA truck, so I start hitting it with my spanner because it's all I have to hurt it. Driver hears me knocking, gets out to shoot me. I immediately climb in, floor the gas, and go on some wacky adventures with my new death truck.

Good times.

I live for moments like this.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

e.pilot posted:

I live for moments like this.
Back in BF4 my friends would call this "the engineer game". Engineer runs up to enemy tank and starts repair tooling it, enemy driver (also an engineer) gets out to kill him, first engineer gets in the now-empty tank, enemy former driver starts repair tooling it, first engineer gets out to kill him... Repeat until one is dead.

The tanker class gets a repair tool, right? You could probably have a similar thing happen in this game.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Ineffiable posted:

So excited for that new dlc. I wonder if assault tanks will pop up even in non dlc maps. Just that you might not be able to spawn with them unless you own the dlc.

Backup, do you think we could add the new maps into the rotation on the PS4 goon server?

i hope they show up in all maps. the spotting light one seems like it oculd be good (i HAVENT seen video of it in use, but im a good boy who loves flares and it sounds like its a big blinding vehicle flare with a cannon, so i want to try it)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Back in BF4 my friends would call this "the engineer game". Engineer runs up to enemy tank and starts repair tooling it, enemy driver (also an engineer) gets out to kill him, first engineer gets in the now-empty tank, enemy former driver starts repair tooling it, first engineer gets out to kill him... Repeat until one is dead.

The tanker class gets a repair tool, right? You could probably have a similar thing happen in this game.

You'd think most people would be smart enough to know to just drive away and then shoot the enemy plinking away at your tank for 3 damage per swing, rather then get out. But hey, pubbies gonna pub.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
It's adorable when they try to do that to me in the arty truck and catch a round to the face :allears:

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

RCarr posted:

You'd think most people would be smart enough to know to just drive away and then shoot the enemy plinking away at your tank for 3 damage per swing, rather then get out. But hey, pubbies gonna pub.
Yeah, I guess in BF4 engineers also had launchers so running away in the tank was just asking to get rocketed. Not much point in doing anything besides driving away in BF1.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, it's a real shame you can't pull out your defib so the character model doesn't have a gun, run up to a tank and pretend to throw C4 on it, then steal it when the guy bails any more.

Captain Cancer
Sep 18, 2005

Teach em' young
Cheers for the bombing tips folks. Managed to get a load of kills tonight with the dive bombing method. Not being first person takes a bit of getting used to, but having much more joy visualising where the bombs end up. Wasn't having much joy with the bomb sights

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Maybe I dreamed this:

Wasn't it a thing that if you hold in the trigger/bomb button you could follow the ordinance as it fell?

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

Beastie posted:

Maybe I dreamed this:

Wasn't it a thing that if you hold in the trigger/bomb button you could follow the ordinance as it fell?

It's real. Not recommended for dive bombing though.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Oh I wouldn't dare. I remember accidentally triggering (ha) it on release (ha) week and haven't actually thought about it since. Using it for mortars is nice, though.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

High Impact Horse Action

http://i.imgur.com/E54KfJY.gifv

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010
I guess sometimes you just have to gently caress up a palm tree for looking at you funny

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

Beastie posted:

Maybe I dreamed this:

Hate to be that guy but this is just one page ago

Before people started waving around their airdicks I was actually trying to give new fliers some serious advice. There are times to fly high, times to fly low, times to aim/scan with the bombsight and times to poo poo out some no-look darts. If you want to compete with the best pilots you have to use all your tools. I honestly spend 90% of my time in freelook just scanning for threats. In hardcore you use all 3 views and in normal you use all 4 views. If you aren't constantly switching between all of them, you're missing out. Audio is good to locate/track a tail and of course you need to be able to shoot/bomb without looking but nothing beats eyes on. The lack of constant freelook sets the meta so hard that sometimes you can straight up pause in the middle of a turnfight for a quick freelook to see where he's going and get the flip on him. It's that bad, and vaguely makes me want to try war thunder, but eh, it's just not the same when you can bail out to knife a cowardly pilot :3:

I just can't wait for the day we get to the point where we can use headtracking/VR in battlefield :swoon:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
https://gfycat.com/OffbeatFantasticGypsymoth

gently caress horses!

More highlights from last night's equestrian genocide to come too

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

mellowjournalism posted:

Before people started waving around their airdicks I was actually trying to give new fliers some serious advice. There are times to fly high, times to fly low, times to aim/scan with the bombsight and times to poo poo out some no-look darts. If you want to compete with the best pilots you have to use all your tools. I honestly spend 90% of my time in freelook just scanning for threats. In hardcore you use all 3 views and in normal you use all 4 views. If you aren't constantly switching between all of them, you're missing out. Audio is good to locate/track a tail and of course you need to be able to shoot/bomb without looking but nothing beats eyes on. The lack of constant freelook sets the meta so hard that sometimes you can straight up pause in the middle of a turnfight for a quick freelook to see where he's going and get the flip on him. It's that bad, and vaguely makes me want to try war thunder, but eh, it's just not the same when you can bail out to knife a cowardly pilot :3:

I just can't wait for the day we get to the point where we can use headtracking/VR in battlefield :swoon:

I think you misunderstood, the camera leaves the plane behind and follows the bombs all the way down to impact.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

throwing the proverbial kitchen sink at a sniper

or in trumpworld BANG BING BONG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydJkhgw05Tk

Lol Dugga you know how the delivery guy inspired me to shoot down a plane with the arty truck last night? I saved the video at literally 15:15 later so I missed it and you can hear me saying "Man I just shot down a plane" but not the action itself.

Gunshow Poophole fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Feb 25, 2017

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

mellowjournalism posted:

You're still the only one I've roadkilled in a triplane :bigtran:

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity
This was awesome:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTeACjj22ME

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

Beastie posted:

I think you misunderstood, the camera leaves the plane behind and follows the bombs all the way down to impact.

Uhhh I'd love to see footage of this, I guess I'll log on and check? Pretty sure the other planes do the same thing as the trench fighter in the clip: by holding the fire button down after making GBS threads out bombs, the camera tracks the point of impact no matter where your plane is going. You can see my tail clip through as I complete the loop.

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

You're still the only one I've roadkilled in a triplane :bigtran:

pssssh your only roadkill? I don't think there's enough space on mine for the killmarks :grin: (are you seriously telling me you've played this long and haven't rammed a pilot in the nuts as he pulls his chute cause you shot his plane to pieces? for shame)

Maybe it's time for me to take a cue from you and just sit on the pubbie side for a game sniping at goons :wink:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Ol Standard Retard posted:

throwing the proverbial kitchen sink at a sniper

or in trumpworld BANG BING BONG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydJkhgw05Tk

Lol Dugga you know how the delivery guy inspired me to shoot down a plane with the arty truck last night? I saved the video at literally 15:15 later so I missed it and you can hear me saying "Man I just shot down a plane" but not the action itself.

drat, that sucks!
The party truck in question:

My Hero! :swoon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3s8s1a1k50