Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
if you all wanna get really deep you'll read the dune encyclopedia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

deadgoon posted:

loving photino birds

i hope lieserl is having a good time

i like when good goons bring up scifi novels i have never heard of since i blast through that poo poo in one sitting and always need good recommendations

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

triple sulk posted:

i worry for your health much like my own

hrard a v youbg kiddo today looking at an eagles sgurt sayin "e...a...g...7...e...s...that spekls seagulls!!!!!"

besty city in thw coubtry

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Turdfuzz posted:

huh i didnt see ur post

Guess I'll have to keep an eye out for an orangutan flipping the bird when I'm in that area now.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Squizzle posted:

hrard a v youbg kiddo today looking at an eagles sgurt sayin "e...a...g...7...e...s...that spekls seagulls!!!!!"

besty city in thw coubtry

philly is indeed good, friend

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Ramadu posted:

that alt right article makes it out that its gonna be real loving funny when these right wing idiots are confronted by actual angry people who have nothing left to lose

it'll be Bikers 4 Trump writ large

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i really love dune

all my computers names are dune references

im on spice atm

my old server (big blue glowing fucker) was stoneburner

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

triple sulk posted:

can't wait til this poo poo escalates further and starts to get violent

quote from that article that I found very relateable:

quote:

"but these babies had best be careful where they go slobbering for the milk of human kindness. I’m just about dried up."
a lot of people have been trying very hard to stay kind, tolerant, and understanding towards overt fascists and are finding themselves past the limits of their patience. it's only gonna keep escalating.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

dune 2 and dune 2000 and that emperor battle for dune games were all really fun RTS games and im sad theres only like....starcraft 2 surviving in the rts world

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i read dune messaih first, like 6x times, before realizing it was part of a larger series

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

fknlo posted:

Guess I'll have to keep an eye out for an orangutan flipping the bird when I'm in that area now.

ive played the mgs video game series franchise n i am trained in the art o stealth

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Wikkheiser posted:

bs never heard of a dun encyclopedia

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

dune 1, the weird adventure game slash turn based strategy game, owned

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
OH PLAY empire of the dying suns

or whatever its called

its pretty much 'dune the game' waaay better than some RTSs

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
the RTSs have almost nothing to do with dune btw

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
empire of the dying suns is DUNE . EXE

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Baloogan posted:

i really love dune

im on spice atm

i loving hate the dune series now. that series is poo poo and the series written by his son is especially poo poo

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Wikkheiser posted:

it loving owns

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Baloogan posted:

OH PLAY empire of the dying suns

or whatever its called

its pretty much 'dune the game' waaay better than some RTSs

whats that i dont see it on steam

the closest i see is house of the dying sun and that looks like it might be a neato freespace thing?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

fknlo posted:

Welcome to Trump's America

My little sister works there(not there tonight and fine), and some white guy was being overtly racist, one of her regulars tried to kick him out and the guy decided to start shooting. :911:

Someone was distributing alt right stuff in a suburb on the Missouri side too.

I don't think anyone punched them.

I'm glad your sister is safe

This is just only starting though, especially with the republicans pushing to remove background checks. Expect it to become more frequent.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Baloogan posted:

i read dune messaih first, like 6x times, before realizing it was part of a larger series

ofcourse you would read the shittiest out of the original series first, multiple times even

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Lol I'm sure just sweeping any sort of investigation of Russian ties under the rug is gonna make it all go away

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Emperor: Battle for Dune was loving badass.

Also, Night in the Woods is a very Nite Crew game.

It even has (((economic anxiety))) over coal jobs, and a secretary of education who compares free public schools to free public hamburgers.

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

Baloogan posted:

i really love dune

im on spice atm

all of my are named after typefaces

it really confuses some of the people that see my devices for a few seconds

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Ramadu posted:

whats that i dont see it on steam

the closest i see is house of the dying sun and that looks like it might be a neato freespace thing?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emperor_of_the_Fading_Suns

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

He's a Mexican Joe Biden holy poo poo

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

shiksa posted:

Lol I'm sure just sweeping any sort of investigation of Russian ties under the rug is gonna make it all go away

"it worked for watergate, right?" -- every republican

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Agrajag posted:

ofcourse you would read the shittiest out of the original series first, multiple times even

this was the days before you could type things into a computer to get infinite information about a thing

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Ramadu posted:

dune 2 and dune 2000 and that emperor battle for dune games were all really fun RTS games and im sad theres only like....starcraft 2 surviving in the rts world

Dune 2000 was so drat good and there's a browser version on Archive.org

https://archive.org/details/008900

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

fknlo posted:

Welcome to Trump's America

My little sister works there(not there tonight and fine), and some white guy was being overtly racist, one of her regulars tried to kick him out and the guy decided to start shooting. :911:

Someone was distributing alt right stuff in a suburb on the Missouri side too.

I don't think anyone punched them.
This is hosed up. I don't really know where we go from here as a nation, or how we attempt to rectify this.

shiksa posted:

Was there more Russian news tonight?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Nichael posted:

Emperor: Battle for Dune was loving badass.

Also, Night in the Woods is a very Nite Crew game.

It even has (((economic anxiety))) over coal jobs, and a secretary of education who compares free public schools to free public hamburgers.

oh ya people were raving about it recently

i will chk this out

Upside Potential
Jun 14, 2006
If you think this guy is terrible, wait till next year.
The only way to stop Trump is to put Trump in all of our schools, churches, homes and workplaces. If bad guys have Trump then the only effective defence is for good guys to have Trump.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Nichael posted:

This is hosed up. I don't really know where we go from here as a nation, or how we attempt to rectify this.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Upside Potential posted:

The only way to stop Trump is to put Trump in all of our schools, churches, homes and workplaces. If bad guys have Trump then the only effective defence is for good guys to have Trump.

This makes sense because Trump's the only thing since 2008 to actually get people off their asses in any appreciable number.

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe

Solarin posted:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
im pretty chillaxed atm, hope yall are as chillaxed.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Nichael posted:

if republicans weren't absolute cowardly shits and they manned up and followed through on their rhetoric and killed the ACA and put the 20% border adjustment into the 2018 budget this poo poo would rectify itself real quick because people would be so furious they would vote out anyone with an R next to their name, like 2006 + 2008 but even more

unfortunately repubs are fukken cowards and are gonna try to back out of having to actually govern so things will just simmer for a bit and gradually get worse until they start getting better

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

triple sulk posted:

i might stick w/wapo out of it and nyt, their articles seem to come up more quickly and they seem to be more pissed about how lovely things are than nyt does

The election season really showed the difference between NYT and WaPo. Nyt couldn't help but be drawn into the "both sides are equally bad" argument on a regular basis, whereas wapo made sure they dished out criticism as deserved, and didn't try to force equal criticism as much as the NYT did. NYT is in the same position CNN is where their international reporters do a great job, but the domestic side pales in comparison.

I was among the most critical Clinton backers, and if the NYT wanted to report on the horrible handling of her campaign, or some other relevant misdeed, i would have welcomed it. I'm the sort of person who loves negative feedback, but they would fall into a pattern of criticizing Trump and then if there was nothing exciting take place with Hillary, they would feel obligated to return to talking about emails.

When it comes to domestic political coverage, NYT is a second tier organization.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Solarin posted:

well i know what im gonna do tonight

gonna recruit me a bunch of sardauker and roast some dumb atredies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974