Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tried a different host and it still doesn't work...

I'm ruined!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It worked on Gaia so I guess it's jut SA.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Hate-Senpai posted:

I don't think my signature works anymore....

That resolves out to
code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/VRHc93d.gif[/img]
but

that won't work in most browsers anymore. (will in safari, because safari don't give a gently caress. But firefox and chrome get lovely about mixing and matching like that)

gotta make it https. donno if you can change the url that signavatar or whatever points to, though

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, I added the s and it didn't work.

Guess I'm not having random rotating signatures ever again.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

rip

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

or i guess you could do it all yourself

bespoke rotating sigs

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Too much effort!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Zep is literally synonymous for the opposite of effort.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
/looks at Zep's long idol anime analysis posts

Hmmmmmmm

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I actually copied and pasted them from some site online.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The chick whose tumblr I stole all my effort posts stopped making idol posts and is all about Sword Boys now, which is why I never finished my posts on Love Live Sunshine.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:argh: fujos

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Hate-Senpai posted:

Too much effort!

https://polsy.org.uk/sa/zepsig.gif

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You're a godsend, Captain UK.

Much thanks to my friend, the parsley.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Polsy got you covered.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I couldn't let those potential im@s gifs go unseen

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Happy Wednesday everyone! :wedass:

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Which terrible iOS game about idols is best?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

starlight stage is good m8

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Alright. I'm getting an iTunes japan account so this poo poo better be loving kawaii.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

welcome to idol hell(am i doing this right)

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Which terrible iOS game about idols is best?

Depends on your play style I'd say, SIF and SS play pretty differently, especially if you rely on thumbs.

Much thanks to my friend, the parsley.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

In general, I'm a pretty big thumb person on iOS stuff.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Hate-Senpai posted:

Depends on your play style I'd say, SIF and SS play pretty differently, especially if you rely on thumbs.

You can play both with thumbs fine. SS is just slightly harder cause it has a lot of sliders, so you'll probably miss those a lot till you learn to compensate for them. SIF recently added a song that's non-thumb, but it's specifically for promoting their arcade game, so probably not a thing that'll stick around.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Allarion posted:

You can play both with thumbs fine. SS is just slightly harder cause it has a lot of sliders, so you'll probably miss those a lot till you learn to compensate for them. SIF recently added a song that's non-thumb, but it's specifically for promoting their arcade game, so probably not a thing that'll stick around.

klabs notable thumb-hating bastards

you wanna see a real thumb-unfriendly game, you want aikatsu.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Going off my personal experience, SS on Master is harder to do with thumbs than SIF on Expert.

Master on SIF is impossible with thumbs for me though since it breaks the rules with two simultaneous taps on the same side.

That's cheating.

When I started SS, I actually preferred the gameplay more than SIF for a while because you could adjust your own speed and all that, but nowdays, I feel like some songs are just impossible to to even attempt, like Koume's song or Syoko's song, unless I have a team of healers + invincibility.

Used to be a time when I thought it was easier to FC SS Master than SIF Expert (peaked when I FC'd Saitei Jewel multiple times, to my delight), but these days, SIF Expert songs give me the hope that I can FC it, whereas with some of the newer SS Master songs, I have to hope that I can even beat it in the first place.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Holy crap, I've been playing SIF for two months and I only now realized there was a way to slow down the ring speed. Finally beat a song on Expert and got my gem.

hosed if i'm ever gonna FC any of these songs.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

not obsessing over fcs makes ss much more fun

insisting all my healers are lvl 4 does make using just the one good enough for pretty much anything that isn't tokimeki escalate, assuming I'm paying attention.

well, that and using an iphone 5, because i can't really fathom it being comfortable shifting my grip around so much to hit the one-side doubles on anything much larger. As it is, for some songs I have to hold my phone in some weird "thumbs hooked under the bottom" grip for a bit sometimes.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
The big advantage SIF has over SS right now are its icons that let you know if a card has been maxed in the various categories. It's a huge QOL improvement, and its lack makes playing SS feel like a chore to me. I keep on expecting SS to steal the feature, as the two games stealing from each other has improved both, but it keeps on not happening. I'm pretty much not playing SS more than occasionally until it does.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That too.

My inventory is cluttered at 150 cards and I'm not buying more spaces.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I bought the spaces. It'll never end. Though I guess I could dump a bunch of idols in the dorm. For some reason it doesn't let me put locked idols in the dorm though, and I don't feel like unlocking all of them.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
How do you have so many SSRs.

Die.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
also SIF's idols are better :can:

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

The key is that all idols are disposable. Unless they're your favorite, they're just a means to an end.

I put the idol in the chamber and I pull the trigger.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Triggerhappypilot posted:

Holy crap, I've been playing SIF for two months and I only now realized there was a way to slow down the ring speed. Finally beat a song on Expert and got my gem.

hosed if i'm ever gonna FC any of these songs.

You'll get way better over time.

I finally managed to get FC on uh... let me check,

Kokuhaku Biyori, desu!
Yume naki Yume wa Yume ja nai
and I think I might have gotten Nico Puri? on expert.
I'm highly certain you'll get better at this game at a faster rate than I did. I'm retarded as gently caress.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Can't no don't do this.

This is one drama that ADTRW can never come back from.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
poo poo, it took me months before I was able to clear expert songs, and probably like a year more to begin FCing them.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Hate-Senpai posted:

Can't no don't do this.

This is one drama that ADTRW can never come back from.

yeah you can't just say it outright like that

gotta come at it from the side

flowershop rin > fake cat

Allarion posted:

I bought the spaces. It'll never end. Though I guess I could dump a bunch of idols in the dorm. For some reason it doesn't let me put locked idols in the dorm though, and I don't feel like unlocking all of them.

i wish you could unlock them from anywhere besides the list mode, really. that you can't is just obnoxious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Hate-Senpai posted:

How do you have so many SSRs.

Die.

maybe if you spent more on SS you'd get some SSRs