Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Legit amazed people are still pulling with the imminent change unless they desperately want the valentine units or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

turnways posted:

I went for one more 11-pull just to round out my C.Luna farming squad, maybe get another C.Arty, or something. I can't really justify it too much, just felt like rolling the dice. But...

...which would be exciting if I didn't get two Maries in another 11-pull last week, or another one from a daily pull.

I have five god drat Maries now.

(my girlfriend's name is Marie and she's getting a huge kick out of this at least)

Holy poo poo :eyepop:

This is like the spite rainbow crystal troll or something. Want rainbow pulls? By god you'll get them!

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

turnways posted:

I went for one more 11-pull just to round out my C.Luna farming squad, maybe get another C.Arty, or something. I can't really justify it too much, just felt like rolling the dice. But...

...which would be exciting if I didn't get two Maries in another 11-pull last week, or another one from a daily pull.

(my girlfriend's name is Marie and she's getting a huge kick out of this at least)

What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
You have to make a 5 marie party now.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
2nd Doublecast finished

now to farm for Arc Stick

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico
Are the chests that require keys worth it?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Kinda hope Olive has innate doublehand so she can stack it with a materia and her TM weapon for triple the bonus. Gumi at least owes us that much for arbitrarily taking away global's ability to stack doublehand materia (and others, I'm sure).

Rubicon posted:

Some are, so it's worth getting keys from the farm events. I need to go back and open a dozen or so chests but I'm sitting on ~30 magic keys just from crafting them via events plus other freebies.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

hagie posted:

I'm not in the Macro game.

Thanks for confirming that I won't be spending any lapis because I don't need the ole wife questioning my purchases.

I used to have this problem till I got her addicted to the game. Problem solved!

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Rubicon posted:

It depends on the chest. Most are total garbage but some are great. The stat+10% ability recipes are in locked chests for example which are fantastic to craft for easy stat gains and filling up the ability slots. Here's a list of the locked chests and their contents. My recommendations are:

Top Priority
MAG+10% recipe
ATK+10% recipe
(because killing stuff faster is good)
Baraerora recipe
(because there's a story rear end in a top hat boss you can't bring a companion unit to who uses wind attacks)

High Priority
DEF+10% recipe
SPI+10% recipe
Muscle Belt recipe
(these will help keep your squishier support allies in the fight)
Spirit Slayer
Bug Killer

Good to Get
Barblizzara recipe
Barstonera recipe
Barwatera recipe
(having the bar-element-a spells are handy for those hard bosses that throw elemental poo poo your way, not as critical of you have a Cloud of Darkness who has Omniviel or Marie who has innate better bar-element-aga spells. Barfira and Barthundera don't require magic keys and you get them somewhere else)
Tiger Mask recipe
MP+10% recipe (maybe)
Dispel recipe (maybe, some characters have this anyways and you can get it on some espers too but eventually you'll be drowning in keys)

The rest are probably skippable but it's worth checking out what's in the locked chests with each story update to see if there's good poo poo in them or not.

e: quote for slowpostin' e2: also bold tags
e3: Moved baraerora to top priority on hey girl you up's suggestion because yeah, gently caress that boss

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Feb 23, 2017

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

turnways posted:

I'm more jealous of 2 the CoDs, considering I have 5 base 5*s and no CoD yet.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

So y'all know I ain't blowing smoke:

also pictured: rainbow troll's greatest hits

I wish I could make a gimmick arena team with this, but what would I do, reflect everything?

KDdidit posted:

I'm more jealous of 2 the CoDs, considering I have 5 base 5*s and no CoD yet.

What sucks is, and I know this is weird and petty but still, with the gacha change you'll never again get a shortcut great 3* pre-awakened to 5*; you're gonna have to walk that rear end in a top hat all the way up to 6* yourself when you get one. I wish we'd also gotten guaranteed weekend Cactuar Dunes or some other awesome source of leveling the way they get in JP, but at least we can hoard cactuars now with 1000 slots.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

any time you have a question about pulls, or someone mentions their pull luck with 5* and you think "oh maybe i will get lucky too" or in fact any time you think about a single thing about pulling, i want you to watch this so you have this wormed into your brain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoDefMq24OE

it also puts luck on ~totally f2p~ and their full stable of all the good base 5* into question :v:

edit: the interesting thing is that if you view this monstrosity through a lens of non-whale, his rainbow draw rate and even base 5* pull rate are quite lucky

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Feb 23, 2017

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Jesus, months out and this is still painful. And yeah this is absolutely important to stress: rainbows are loving rare as poo poo, don't chase them, and don't feel left out if you miss them (in the case of limited time units). Speaking personally, my recent luck is absolutely an outlier that will be "corrected" statistically over time. Ziss did an AMA just today where he said overall his luck perfectly fits the rates, and for him to get everything he wants has required $10k+ in lapis.

There are plenty of awesome non base 5* units, and the difference between 5* TMs and their next equivalent is pretty negligible.

And one final point to make: cracking a rainbow into a base 5* you want from a daily is way, way more loving exciting than pulling hard for it. It's the difference between winning $100 from a scratch off ticket you find in a drawer, and winning $500 from $400 of scratch off tickets. One is pure fun chance, the other is getting lucky and barely breaking even.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:siren: Just about three hours till maintenance. :siren:

Get your NRG drained and use up all your orbs. Last call to pull on the FF2 banner and the Valentine's Day banner.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So I'm thinking who to replace in my TM farming team and I wanna ask the more up to date people, how long till we start getting more dual wield options? I know there's someone with a dual wield wind dagger I think?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

Legit amazed people are still pulling with the imminent change unless they desperately want the valentine units or something.

It was the daily pull. Like I was already expecting another Fran or something but I got trolled by one of the few base 4s without a 6* yet not even in Japan.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

turnways posted:

Jesus, months out and this is still painful. And yeah this is absolutely important to stress: rainbows are loving rare as poo poo, don't chase them, and don't feel left out if you miss them (in the case of limited time units). Speaking personally, my recent luck is absolutely an outlier that will be "corrected" statistically over time. Ziss did an AMA just today where he said overall his luck perfectly fits the rates, and for him to get everything he wants has required $10k+ in lapis.

There are plenty of awesome non base 5* units, and the difference between 5* TMs and their next equivalent is pretty negligible.

And one final point to make: cracking a rainbow into a base 5* you want from a daily is way, way more loving exciting than pulling hard for it. It's the difference between winning $100 from a scratch off ticket you find in a drawer, and winning $500 from $400 of scratch off tickets. One is pure fun chance, the other is getting lucky and barely breaking even.

This is a really good post. You want a solid team that can accomplish all content? Cecil/Refia/Chizuru/Exdeath/CoD(or Agrias/Rain). Solid team that can beat everything, no 5* base units needed.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I don't disagree with you or turnways at all but everyone has to remember that the value of money is relative to each person. You might not think sinking $400 into a banner is a good deal, but there's someone out here who didn't even bat an eye at dropping $10k on a mobile game. I notice that, especially in gatcha games, people tend to project their values, e.g., "omg why would you spend xyz on this banner, it's not worth it!" when worth is so subjective.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
So what causes some characters to get literally no limit bar at all even when getting crystals?

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Shoenin posted:

So what causes some characters to get literally no limit bar at all even when getting crystals?

Companion units that aren't your friend.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Place your bets now.

I'm going 16 hours maintenance, compensation will be one summon ticket, 10 arena tickets, and a 60 NRG bottle.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
18 hours and 27 minutes

200 lapis

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I always find it humorous that they feel the need to supplement down time.

No other Final Fantasy game or MMORPG, for that matter that I know of, gives you compensation for expected maintenance.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
It's a mobile gaming/gacha thing. Free poo poo and compensation is expected for unplanned stuff.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My concern is it goes so long we miss a login day and since there's only 28 days in February we'll miss the Moogle as there's no extra days.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
maintenance will be over early calling it now

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

KDdidit posted:

My concern is it goes so long we miss a login day and since there's only 28 days in February we'll miss the Moogle as there's no extra days.

If it does, I bet we'll get a free moogle. But some people will still manage to log in with seconds to spare and get two moogles out of it.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
so who here is going all in on this shiny olive banner

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Going to try to get at least one Shine. If I get an Olive so much the better.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I've got like six or seven tickets. I'm going to vomit them all onto the banner and see if I get the shine.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cry Havoc posted:

so who here is going all in on this shiny olive banner

I've got 50 tickets but I may stop at two shines.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
I'm still sitting on 13k Lapis and about 65 tickets from that awesome Christmas bundle. I was planning to blow it all whaling for Orlandu, but that was when we all thought he was 3 weeks away instead of 3 months. :smith:

Depending on whether or not the player's choice banner has easy Zidanes, I'll throw an 11 pull and maybe a dozen tickets at the Olive banner. Really wish I could macro because holy poo poo are there some good TMs on this banner.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Scrublord Prime posted:

It depends on the chest. Most are total garbage but some are great. The stat+10% ability recipes are in locked chests for example which are fantastic to craft for easy stat gains and filling up the ability slots. Here's a list of the locked chests and their contents. My recommendations are:

Top Priority
MAG+10% recipe
ATK+10% recipe
(because killing stuff faster is good)

High Priority
DEF+10% recipe
SPI+10% recipe
Muscle Belt recipe
(these will help keep your squishier support allies in the fight)
Spirit Slayer
Bug Killer

Good to Get
Barblizzara recipe
Baraerora recipe
Barstonera recipe
Barwatera recipe
(having the bar-element-a spells are handy for those hard bosses that throw elemental poo poo your way, not as critical of you have a Cloud of Darkness who has Omniviel or Marie who has innate better bar-element-aga spells. Barfira and Barthundera don't require magic keys and you get them somewhere else)
Tiger Mask recipe
MP+10% recipe (maybe)
Dispel recipe (maybe, some characters have this anyways and you can get it on some espers too but eventually you'll be drowning in keys)

The rest are probably skippable but it's worth checking out what's in the locked chests with each story update to see if there's good poo poo in them or not.

e: quote for slowpostin' e2: also bold tags

I'd put Baraeroa as a top priority for anyone new who doesn't have a team of serious shitkickers. Get it ASAP, and it'l help a lot with a no-companion scripted boss fight.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Good point, I forgot all about that fight. I updated my post too to reflect that.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Oh my loving god Olive is absolutely disgusting. Passive 75% DH, gun mastery, TMR DH, 50% break/imperil...

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5vo4w9/gl_maintenance_olive_info_222/

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Feb 23, 2017

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
That Olive is certainly a unit I'd like to pull. :stare:

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Disappointing: Stats for her: 810attack per weapon with DW BIS 1174 attack for DH with BIS weapon. 4.6% higher damage as DH 4.8 modifier skill= same damage as Noctis overall albeit limited solely to lightning element. (very bad chaining possibilities which kills a finisher unit and subject to boss resists/inability to take advantage of boss weaknesses) Note: Upon release of greatsword mastery and Knuckle mastery, she falls behind significantly.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
i need her

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

hi friends, i had 14 exp to level before maintenance hit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
That Olive is even better than I hoped.

• Locked thread