Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Kerning Chameleon posted:

How are you people signing things like ID cards and legal documents?

Can't speak for everyone but I remember exactly enough cursive to sign my name and that's about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Xander77 posted:

Serious question - I thought "Moo-slim" is how leftists pronounces the word now. Was I mistaken, or are cartoonists a few years behind reality as usual?

I dunno. I only ever see/hear it from right wingers who deliberately pronounce it as "Moose Limbs", since I guess that's supposed to be a clever insult on their part?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

I make a squiggle. Turns out if they want something legible, they ask you to print your name.

FicusArt
Dec 27, 2014

Why would I draw dudes when I could be drawing literally anything else?

Did you know you can just write your name however? The stupid paper doesn't even know the difference!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
All that matters with signatures is that whatever you write looks similar each time you do it, right? Mine is definitely a squiggle but it's more or less the same one every time.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Trump has been given way too many chances and already struck out with reasonable people, but right wingers keep saying to give him another chance. AGC

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Can't help but feel for Rall on this one.

If the New Yorker really is publishing material that is "infantile, incompetent garbage" leaving out Rall would be totally unfair.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

It's your frickin' war - you pay for it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

(I'm sorry)

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Pentaro posted:

(I'm sorry)

:perfect:
You really shouldn't be.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Pentaro posted:

(I'm sorry)

Haha, that's terrible and great

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

tyblazitar posted:

All these "Trump is so ugly/impotent/has small hands" etc. cartoons are just annoying to me. Every loving day there's some actual policy to criticize, attack or be outraged about, and you choose these juvenile angles of attack just because the thought of Trump-senpai noticing you makes you hard? Like yeah, he's pretty disgusting to look at, but that's not the main problem here, and repeatedly pointing it out in lieu of including actual politics in so-called political cartoons doesn't help anything.

To be clear, I don't have a problem with grotesquely ugly caricatures as long as there is some point being made beyond that.
Yeah, I feel the same way about Conway. A lot of comics are just "look how ugly she is!" when the fact she is a living factory of lies should be the headliner, not her appearance.
Gruesome looks and bizarre caricatures are great but that shouldn't be the end of it, you know?

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Pentaro posted:

(I'm sorry)

It's loving perfect

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Someone tweet it to Bors.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Vib Rib posted:

Yeah, I feel the same way about Conway. A lot of comics are just "look how ugly she is!" when the fact she is a living factory of lies should be the headliner, not her appearance.
Gruesome looks and bizarre caricatures are great but that shouldn't be the end of it, you know?

Outside of one cartoon from the other day, I'd say she's been treated somewhat gently on her looks. Just imagine how Branco would draw KellyAnne if she were a Democrat.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

You would think that The Washington Post would be able to afford a little better animation.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I make a shaky X.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I got a chuckle outta this.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Sandpuppy posted:

Outside of one cartoon from the other day, I'd say she's been treated somewhat gently on her looks. Just imagine how Branco would draw KellyAnne if she were a Democrat.

Branco is a bad example here, everyone he draws looks hideous regardless of whether or not he likes them.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Pentaro posted:

(I'm sorry)

I'm going to be remembering this and laughing about it for a good fortnight.

Volcanic Vents
Mar 28, 2009
I dunno who this HARVEII person is, but I'm pretty sure I hate 'em

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

Pentaro posted:

(I'm sorry)

I literally cringed once I saw the edit, so well done, you!

It really is :perfect:

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Volcanic Vents posted:

I dunno who this HARVEII person is, but I'm pretty sure I hate 'em
The signature starts off in a recognisable alphabet but regresses into some type of cuneiform.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

:q:

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

This cartoonist has some funny ideas about economics. He seems to believe that only "illegals" are capable of harvesting produce. What you'd expect to happen in the real world is an increase in prices caused by having to pay more for legal labour or investing capital in automated harvesting methods.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Kopijeger posted:

This cartoonist has some funny ideas about economics. He seems to believe that only "illegals" are capable of harvesting produce. What you'd expect to happen in the real world is an increase in prices caused by having to pay more for legal labour or investing capital in automated harvesting methods.

Short term, though, the produce doesn't get harvested as these changes don't happen instantaneously.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I still think Lisa Benson takes my nomination for most-guillotine-able cartoonist for her persistence in blandly cheerleading for Trump like his administration is a rerun of the first Bush or something. Yeah, she's not as bad as the legit nutters like Garrison and Branco, but those guys radiate crazy. Lisa makes this poo poo look ordinary, and that seems more dangerous.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kopijeger posted:

Well, allegedly around 70% of the farm workers in California are undocumented workers, and in other states, attempts to get citizens to work on farms failed miserably. According to something I saw earlier, in 2011 in North Carolina they tried to fill 6,500 farm worker jobs and got less than three hundred legal citizens applying. Of the 245 that were hired, 163 actually showed up for work, and only 7 lasted the whole season.

These are jobs that citizens don't want to do, even when they have the option. And that's not getting into how the farmers probably prefer hiring immigrants because they can pay them less and get away with other stuff (which is a practice that needs to end, but not through deportations).

Basically, if Trump did magically deport every undocumented immigrant, the farming industry would probably collapse and would definitely suffer a lot. And it still probably wouldn't get legal citizens working on farms.

Edit: This isn't saying that citizens can't do these jobs, but that they literally won't. Probably because they're terrible jobs, speaking as someone who has worked on a farm. Making them less bad (i.e. decent pay and hours and whatnot) may change that, but I think there'd be massive resistance from the farmers themselves. (Which doesn't mean that it shouldn't be done, just that it's a problem that'll take a lot of willpower and effort to solve.)

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Feb 23, 2017

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Roland Jones posted:

Well, allegedly around 70% of the farm workers in California are undocumented workers, and in other states, attempts to get citizens to work on farms failed miserably. According to something I saw earlier, in 2011 in North Carolina they tried to fill 6,500 farm worker jobs and got less than three hundred legal citizens applying. Of the 245 that were hired, 163 actually showed up for work, and only 7 lasted the whole season.

These are jobs that citizens don't want to do, even when they have the option. And that's not getting into how the farmers probably prefer hiring immigrants because they can pay them less and get away with other stuff (which is a practice that needs to end, but not through deportations).

What were the salary and working conditions like in the NC case? You say that citizens don't "want" to do this kind of work, but that should only be the case if they have more attractive options. They should be able to get enough people to work on farms if what they offer in return is seen as worthwhile by potential hires.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Xander77 posted:

I couldn't quite find a lot of Kruschev / Brezhnev realist paintings. Might be because when you drop your personality cult you get fewer paintings, might be because history is less interested in preserving those guys?

Leonid's obsession with decorating himself with literal kilos of self-awarded medals required very little to caricature properly. Bordered on self-caricature as it stands.

I like to think if I somehow became dictator somewhere I'd be one of the modest ones, like they one guy in Africa who was president-for-life but still only kept his rank of Flight Lieutenant.

And I'd like pick 3 medals of mine tops, that had kinda cool backstories, just to keep it minimalist and chill and show I have nothing to prove.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

I like to think if I somehow became dictator somewhere I'd be one of the modest ones, like they one guy in Africa who was president-for-life but still only kept his rank of Flight Lieutenant.

And I'd like pick 3 medals of mine tops, that had kinda cool backstories, just to keep it minimalist and chill and show I have nothing to prove.

drat you are loving your career very badly if there's no rank progression in fourty years like with Colonel Gaddafi.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Sounds like that one dictator who kept his rank of corporal and only wore a single medal he earned. Admirable modesty, I say!

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Who deported more undocumented immigrants? Obama or W Bush?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
That's OFFICER Donald Trump to you.

• Locked thread