Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
I think you're mistaken; there are a lot more than 2 people on this server.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Red Mundus posted:

Dude must skip out on a lot of matches.

But.. isn't he playing an Orochi?

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Kaddish posted:

Still waiting on a good challenge in SA discord. :(

Pretty sure I'm invincible :(

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
FOR THE RECORD

I am the champion

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Well, finished the campaign on hard. That was pretty terrible. The only difficult fight was the "pious" female samurai in the forest but a couple arrows to the face made her pretty easy too.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
What part of the Lawbringer's stupid shove-grab combo are you supposed to dodge during

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

When I get home from work I'll bite.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*

Internet Kraken posted:

What part of the Lawbringer's stupid shove-grab combo are you supposed to dodge during

if he's shoving you after blocking an attack, you can't dodge the shove and dodging gets you guardbroke if you don't attack during the guardbreak or dodge backwards. easiest to just wait and see what the follow up will be since nothing's guaranteed

if he's shoving you out of the blue, you can side dodge it pretty easily and punish

if he's doing the flip over unblockable grab after a shove, you can dodge that in any direction or smack him for doing it

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

FAUXTON posted:

When I get home from work I'll bite.

Good. I was thoroughly beat down not once but twice. Lots to learn but the upside is I'm still awesome.

Chopstick Dystopia
Jun 16, 2010

lowest high and highest low loser of: WEED WEE
k
I love the 1v1 duel spots where Crusader can knockdown charge, get in a free heavy, and then shieldbash them straight off the map. Done right they get no opportunity to respond.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Kaddish posted:

Good. I was thoroughly beat down not once but twice. Lots to learn but the upside is I'm still awesome.

You do have a super awesome attitude! People who want to keep trying to get better despite losing are the best.

Too bad most people would rather just go "gently caress u spammer fgt" and ragequit.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
e: double post

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

panda clue posted:

You do have a super awesome attitude! People who want to keep trying to get better despite losing are the best.

Too bad most people would rather just go "gently caress u spammer fgt" and ragequit.

I find i mostly get mad at myself in this game. I suck at guard break counters and I tend to go for flashy heavy attacks that aren't guaranteed instead of light attacks.

Chopstick Dystopia
Jun 16, 2010

lowest high and highest low loser of: WEED WEE
k

panda clue posted:

Got told to "git gud" after winning 3-0 because I used "cheap moves".

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Well, the truth is that's why I called out panda and anyone else. I enjoy playing the game whether I'm getting my rear end kicked or kicking rear end. There's no room for salt if you want to get get better.

Playing randoms has only gotten me so far.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

panda clue posted:

The cool thing about this game and one of the reasons I really like it is you can tell when you gently caress up and how to do it better. I ran into a Lawbringer today that completely had my number on spin attacks and power attacks. He didn't cheat, he wasn't cheap, he didn't do anything besides kick my rear end. Much respect to dudes who can block anything, their reflexes are on point.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Having fun with the berserker, although struggling against orochis. I can't seem to block them for poo poo. Had better luck blocking the peacekeeper for fucks sake.

Also, yay ubisoft matchmaking

I don't have a screen of the selection screen, but the one prestige three guy on our side had 108 gear; the other team had a prestige 3 with 108, prestige 5 with 100ish, and prestige 3 with 70ish. It wasn't a total loss but the sheer amount of revenge on the other team made it hard to push.

I'm probably going to lay off dominion for a while, but 2s was a blast. Met some cool dudes and one ragequitter.

Jigglesby
Jan 16, 2015

The scene in story where warden dude tells the Viking "You fought well" is what immediately comes to mind whenever I see Good Fight! after a duel.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is Valkyrie actually as bad as people are saying? It seems like she has a ton of tools.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Ok I kinda broke down what really cheese me about orochi.

I just played a very long set against the best Orochi player I have played to date, and Orochi simply just wins off two moves, top light and zone. Top light is hard to react to and gives incredibly guaranteed damage for a light, and the zone is effectively not possible to react to in real world situations. Couple that with the(maybe glitch?) of zone attack having multiple attack indicators before hitting and it just leads to frustration.

Its telling the best Orochi i've seen didn't really bother with the rest of the arsenal, cause those are the only two tools you need.

That said I don't think they are the best class or anything, but they are the most frustrating to fight, i'd rather fight a Warden any day of the week.

*ed*

fadam posted:

Is Valkyrie actually as bad as people are saying? It seems like she has a ton of tools.

Worse.

Least damage in the game, lowest healthpool in the game, none of her gimmicks are real and can always be avoided short of you being in exhaustion.

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Feb 23, 2017

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

Evil Canadian posted:

Ok I kinda broke down what really cheese me about orochi.

I just played a very long set against the best Orochi player I have played to date, and Orochi simply just wins off two moves, top light and zone. Top light is hard to react to and gives incredibly guaranteed damage for a light, and the zone is effectively not possible to react to in real world situations. Couple that with the(maybe glitch?) of zone attack having multiple attack indicators before hitting and it just leads to frustration.

Its telling the best Orochi i've seen didn't really bother with the rest of the arsenal, cause those are the only two tools you need.

That said I don't think they are the best class or anything, but they are the most frustrating to fight, i'd rather fight a Warden any day of the week.

Warden gets by on Warden Vortex and Zone. I'd argue their zone is harder to deal with than Orochi because it is literally impossible to anticipate their shoulder charge into either a double right, a cancel into a zone (which hits left), or a grab.

Warden is the biggest pile of horse poo poo right now. They're so far and away better than any class and it makes me legit upset. I don't want them nerfed I want every other class to have a kit as strong as theirs.

Haroshia fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Feb 23, 2017

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

fadam posted:

She does have tons of tools. The problem is none of her tools combo into anything against a competent player. Everytime she stuns or knocks someone down, the time between her attack and them recovering is enough to either block or dodge. The best she can do is sweep the leg and get a guaranteed light attack, which is pathetic compared to the combos of most chatacters. Worse yet, all those fancy moves leave her exposed if they are avoided so she can be punished hard.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:
Everybody I like is bad....

Oh well, gently caress da meta.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Hypha posted:

Everybody I like is bad....

Oh well, gently caress da meta.

I've mained Lawbringer, and now Raider.

gently caress da meta.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Matchmaking seriously needs a check to make sure the same two players don't get thrown back together after a game.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Just play conqueror and when wardens trying to feint and zone attack cancel you just dodge backwards and then beat them to death with your shield.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

Haroshia posted:

gently caress da meta.

If I like Lawbringer, will I like Raider?

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Out of curiosity, what makes Raider bad? They tend to absolutely crush me, but then again I'm bad so I don't know why that isn't the case at higher levels.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Haroshia posted:

gently caress da meta.

I like Kensai :unsmith:

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Hypha posted:

If I like Lawbringer, will I like Raider?

Imagine Lawbringer, but not garbage. You still need to parry bait, but you can ACTUALLY follow-up and punish poo poo. Also shoulder tackling nerds off cliffs that are way behind them never gets old. Ever.

Kensai isn't bad. His overhead unblockable cancel into side heavy is legit as gently caress.

Haroshia fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Feb 23, 2017

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

Rainuwastaken posted:

Out of curiosity, what makes Raider bad? They tend to absolutely crush me, but then again I'm bad so I don't know why that isn't the case at higher levels.

He has slow, very telegraphed moves and has to earn all his damage through good positioning, timing and proper feints. For fast characters like the Peacekeeper, your light attacks are fast enough that they are "reasonably safe" to apply pressure with. For the warden and the warlord, you have strings with guaranteed damage and real guesses, so you don't have to worry about your opponents response as much. Raider doesn't have any safe tools to break through a defense. All the top tier characters have some way of consistently dealing damage with little risk for retaliation.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Hypha posted:

He has slow, very telegraphed moves and has to earn all his damage through good positioning, timing and proper feints. For fast characters like the Peacekeeper, your light attacks are fast enough that they are "reasonably safe" to apply pressure with. For the warden and the warlord, you have strings with guaranteed damage and real guesses, so you don't have to worry about your opponents response as much. Raider doesn't have any safe tools to break through a defense. All the top tier characters have some way of consistently dealing damage with little risk for retaliation.

That's really the ONE factor that separates the good classes from the not so good classes. The GOOD classes have ways to open up people without leaving themselves open to getting countered. The less good classes just can't make stuff happen. You have to use feints and rely on people making mistakes.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

This game is a real salt mine. Played guy that lost twice 3-0, "Good Fight!". No response. He changes character and beats me twice in tight matches, now it's "Good Fight!" and I agree. He changes back to the original character, loses 3-0 and disconnects before end.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

You don't, just counter the GB after the shove. Rolling back also works if you want to make some space.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Shugoki is top tier in the only way that matters; style.

Dezztroy posted:

You don't, just counter the GB after the shove. Rolling back also works if you want to make some space.

Then you just get stamina drained forever. Also if you don't dodge the poke toss you take damage from the followup.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

Haroshia posted:

That's really the ONE factor that separates the good classes from the not so good classes. The GOOD classes have ways to open up people without leaving themselves open to getting countered. The less good classes just can't make stuff happen. You have to use feints and rely on people making mistakes.

Ya, I would totally agree. I watched a warlord just slowly bleed people to death with headbutt into the guaranteed light and watch for parry chances. Effective but very boring.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Headbutt needs to have way more recovery frames. Its fast cheap and effective and I don't think that should change, but if you can call it correctly you should be able to get a reward on the dodge. Even the classes with dodge attacks, if you were any kinda slow on the dodge warlord still gets to block, let alone those without.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Then you just get stamina drained forever. Also if you don't dodge the poke toss you take damage from the followup.

No, teching the GB interrupts the chain and the Lawbringer will either need to dodge, block an attack or land a heavy to start shoving again. Long Arm is slow enough that you can dodge it after they've started doing it when you know that they're not GBing after the shove.

There is no confirmed damage from a shove.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I'm really surprised that Warlords are such a rarity in duels given headbutt spam effectiveness. It's usually Orochi or Wardens that are the most popular in my experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Dezztroy posted:

No, teching the GB interrupts the chain and the Lawbringer will either need to dodge, block an attack or land a heavy to start shoving again. Long Arm is slow enough that you can dodge it after they've started doing it when you know that they're not GBing after the shove.

There is no confirmed damage from a shove.

Quoting for truth. 90% of LBs are going to follow a shove with a grab so just tech it. Worst case they follow it with a LONG ARM and hit you with a light for gently caress all damage and can't do more because they have literally no stamina.

Heartcatch posted:

I'm really surprised that Warlords are such a rarity in duels given headbutt spam effectiveness. It's usually Orochi or Wardens that are the most popular in my experience.

Orochi because weeaboos, and Wardens because they are literally retarded easymode OP right now.