Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

bawfuls posted:

The least intrusive way to enforce pace of play rules is to do so very stringently at the minor league level and thus ingrain habits as players develop.

Combine the two, give cash to minor league players who speed the game up and I bet you'd see a much higher takeup than you would with major leaguers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Giving minor leaguers saltine crackers should be enough of an incentive.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

bawfuls posted:

The least intrusive way to enforce pace of play rules is to do so very stringently at the minor league level and thus ingrain habits as players develop.

That would probably be better long term. Set a date for a few years in the future for it to take place in the majors, but institute it in the minors immediately, and that would give players in the low minors years to acclimate before the rule takes place at the Majors level.

Popete posted:

What the hell else to they want? I mean, they get a bus to their next city and don't have to walk. The greedy bastards....

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

bawfuls posted:

This is the method I really support.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

They are already doing it in a limited sense with the pitch clock in some places. I think they should expand the pitch clock to every level and league of the minors. You could probably do this and never add it to the majors, and see an overall reduction in the time between pitches.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I think baseball's pretty good already. hell, I wish I could watch some right now

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

As someone who's watched entirely too much Pedro Baez in the last couple years, I don't want the time between pitches to get any longer.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Bawfuls, Corey Seager told Roberts he never had his "A-swing" last year. According to a tweet by Ken Gurnick.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

The Pussy Boss posted:

I think baseball's pretty good already. hell, I wish I could watch some right now

Same

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Shocker!

https://twitter.com/AlexPavlovic/status/834508572654309377

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Do any CSN Sportsnet goons know how to stream NBC Sports on the desktop? I've got the NBC Sports app on my iPhone and there I can just input my cable account info and watch a livestream of CSN Bay Area. The screen on my computer is way bigger though, but I can't figure out how to stream NBC online through http://www.nbcsports.com/live.

Okay I figured it out. Man they don't make it easy to find.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Luigi Thirty posted:

Ichiro was involved in an outfield collision and is being held out of workouts for today with a quad. :ohdear: They said he'll be okay though.
stay healthy, ichiro! gotta beat rose as a 49-year-old

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

The Pussy Boss posted:

I've been watching Cubs playoff victories since Xmas.....

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
When you collide with Ichiro in the outfield, you find signs on your locker.

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

Tony Phillips posted:

Brandon Barnes has no baseball setting between off and 3-million-miles-an-hour.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Picked up tickets for Orioles/Pirates this Saturday afternoon. Baseball is back!!!

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

Tony Phillips posted:

That is cool and he should get it framed.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Ichiro has gotta be amongst the all time coolest actual great players, right?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

I like to think that there is beauty in everyone, but this picture makes me feel vaguely ill.

Popete posted:

If you pay minor leaguers too much, Matt Paré's Homeless Minor Leaguer sketches will be rendered obsolete! :ohdear:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

YeahTubaMike posted:

I like to think that there is beauty in everyone, but this picture makes me feel vaguely ill.

If you pay minor leaguers too much, Matt Paré's Homeless Minor Leaguer sketches will be rendered obsolete! :ohdear:

Who will mow the lawns of the potential host families before the games???

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

MrMojok posted:

Bawfuls, Corey Seager told Roberts he never had his "A-swing" last year. According to a tweet by Ken Gurnick.
Literally the second coming of Cal Ripken Jr

Maybe he had his "A-swing" during his September call up in 2015 when he hit .337/.425/.561 for a wRC+ of 176

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Feb 23, 2017

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

TenementFunster posted:

stay healthy, ichiro! gotta beat rose as a 49-year-old

Haha this was all over the Japanese News last night. National Crisis!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

El Gallinero Gros posted:

easily

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I don't see how - when the time finally comes - a single voter leaves him off their HoF ballot. On the field he's done everything a position player needs to do to get in, and off the field he's one of the most magnanimous, humble, cool dudes to ever play the sport.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Sydin posted:

I don't see how - when the time finally comes - a single voter leaves him off their HoF ballot.

Clicks.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Someone will leave Ichiro off the first ballot just to get his name in a couple blog headlines, for sure yeah.

Ichiro rules forever, unanimous or not. This is already in the history books.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Some dickhead will do it by saying he was always a slap hitter and therefore, nothing special. Because people are loving idiots, you see.

Ready! Set! Blow!
Jun 17, 2005

Red alert.
Realistically someone's going to straight-up forget he's on the ballot and deny him 100%. That happened to Seaver and Griffey.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Ready! Set! Blow! posted:

Realistically someone's going to straight-up forget he's on the ballot and deny him 100%. That happened to Seaver and Griffey.

Plus somebody will send in a blank ballot because something something integrity.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

my dude looks like he glued on some scraggly rear end pubes. no beard that long should be that see-through

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Berzerker posted:

my dude looks like he glued on some scraggly rear end pubes. no beard that long should be that see-through

my dude looks like he was thrown off the house of david team

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Pitcherface

Only registered members can see post attachments!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

kensei posted:

Pitcherface

I really like those hats

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

IcePhoenix posted:

I really like those hats

I really, really wish they would make the ST logos on wool hats, I hate the mesh material.

EDIT: Oh gently caress Miller is adding a changeup. Beware AL.

https://twitter.com/PitchingNinja/status/834383403990532096

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Feb 23, 2017

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

I really like those hats

I have a black one they made a long time ago, it owns.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
Could I ask somebody with access to the Play Index to check a fun fact for me? While doing research for the NPB thread I found Tetsuto Yamada.
http://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.cgi?id=yamada000tet

Japan has a made up stat line called :frogsiren:The Triple Three:frogsiren:
Triple Three = players that recorded a .300 or better batting average, thirty or more home runs, and thirty or more stolen bases in a single season.

The fun fact is Yamada is the first player in pro baseball history to win the Triple Three in two consecutive years. Is this true?

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

ScottyJSno posted:

Could I ask somebody with access to the Play Index to check a fun fact for me? While doing research for the NPB thread I found Tetsuto Yamada.
http://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.cgi?id=yamada000tet

Japan has a made up stat line called :frogsiren:The Triple Three:frogsiren:
Triple Three = players that recorded a .300 or better batting average, thirty or more home runs, and thirty or more stolen bases in a single season.

The fun fact is Yamada is the first player in pro baseball history to win the Triple Three in two consecutive years. Is this true?

Nope, Vlad Guerrero did in 2001 and 2002. There may be other pro leagues where it happened, but he was the last MLB player to do it.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/g/guerrvl01.shtml

2001: .304/34HR/37SB
2002: .336/39HR/40SB

will_colorado fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Feb 23, 2017

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Huh, honestly surprised Mike Trout only did that once (and it was his rookie year). He's been running less recently but was one homer off of doing it again last year.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

will_colorado posted:

Nope, Vlad Guerrero did in 2001 and 2002. There may be other pro leagues where it happened, but he was the last MLB player to do it.

Thanks!

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Trout is going to randomly have a 40-40 year one of these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

will_colorado posted:

not quite true

Ryan Braun did it in 2011 and 2012

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/b/braunry02.shtml

2011: .332/33HR/33SB
2012: .319/41HR/30SB

• Locked thread