Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
he should have photoshopped the boss into that action figure woolie hates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Monaghan posted:

Matt's internal decorating continues to be amazing

https://twitter.com/AngriestPat/status/834462145341427712

:perfect:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Depths posted:

sweet jesus

When I saw this on twitter, I'm like what's so bad about this poster it looks---

OH...

Goddamn you Matt.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I really want a Pat-guided tour of Castle Super X-Files Base Beast, pointing out all the dumb poo poo, their setups, the Billy Dungeon and picking up the godzilla dolls, if only for there to be pictures of people pointing out all the godzilla toys he managed to miss a la RE7.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Depths posted:

sweet jesus

extremely cursed image

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Oxyclean posted:

The foggy forest (Shaded Wood?), while stupid and dumb, is still a clever way to make a new version of Tomb of Giants without just plunging a zone in blackness, and making it so you can light up the zone plunged in blackness (Gutter) was also clever. I guess you could thrown Amana in the pile too since the design makes it intentionally difficult to determine where the drops offs are.

Durability is a mechanic I both hate and appreciate of DS2. I hate it because it's obnoxious having your weapon jacked up for accidentally clipping some walls, but I can appreciate that it seems deliberately designed to be something you have to worry about so they can pose new threats and stressful situations. (Such as enemies and hazards that gently caress your durability up)

I cant remember if I commented here or in one of the Souls threads but I find it funny that DS3 takes the auto-repair of DS2 while using the durability rate of DS1, basically making durability irrelevant.

I'm weird because despite playing tons of DS2 durability was never a huge concern for me. That old durability bug sucked though.

Also! Dark Souls 2 is the only one of the three with any meaningful changes in new game +, with changes to boss encounters, weapons and armors, and even special events. There are even changes that continue to occur into multiple new game +'s, with stuff new red phantoms and enemy placements as far as NG+6 in places like the dlc.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

HGH posted:

I don't know if it's ok to share here but Liam's been streaming Nier Automata for a while
https://www.twitch.tv/risingsuperstream

I honestly can't wait for Nier Automata to drop. I went from being lukewarm about it to hyped because of the demo. Been playing Nioh in the meantime, it's an excellent game. Pat was right (shocker) when he said the controls for range weapons are much less awkward than in the DS series but I'm looking forward to play an action game that doesn't have a stamina bar to manage.

davidHalestorm fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Feb 22, 2017

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

It's Psy-Crow my mortal Enemy! I swear my soily vengeance upon him and his fowl ilk!

Monaghan posted:

Matt's internal decorating continues to be amazing

https://twitter.com/AngriestPat/status/834462145341427712

Making it so heroes (is Pat a hero?) have to take damage right when they enter is just good dungeon design.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Pat and Woolie are going SQUANCH and I feel like I'm a spectator to something special.

EDIT: A montage of some... relevant moments for those who missed Paigeborne.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGjH-oPHTYw

HGH fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Feb 22, 2017

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

CaptainFish posted:

Making it so heroes (is Pat a hero?) have to take damage right when they enter is just good dungeon design.

Pat is the guy that turns evil after the first chapter, but sure.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Tae posted:

I had more fun with Fume Knight than any boss in DS1, but that might be because I played Artorious DLC endgame with a maxed out great scythe.

the fume knight is a real mother fucker.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Dias posted:

That would be more of Woolie's deal, since he'd sell out Humanity for a Jetpack/Psychic Powers/Zeon Independence/A Klondike Bar

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Angry_Ed posted:

That would be more of Woolie's deal, since he'd sell out Humanity for a Jetpack/Psychic Powers/Zeon Independence/A Klondike Bar

I think he confirmed in the "RKO a giraffe for a savestate" discussion that he would prefer jump boots over a jetpack. :v:

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Pat did nothing wrong.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Pat did nothing wrong.

I wonder if we'll be able to say that after March 3rd.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Angry_Ed posted:

Pat is also established as willing to do anything, no matter how degrading or morally reprehensible, to attain personal immortality, so neither one are saints.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I wonder if we'll be able to say that after March 3rd.

A smug, engorged Pat leaves best buy carrying a treasure trove of switches, while poor Billy is switch-less

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

So how did Liam get Nier early?

I really like what little I've seen so far(he just did a really cool looking boss fight).

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Rhonne posted:

So how did Liam get Nier early?

I really like what little I've seen so far(he just did a really cool looking boss fight).

Probably bought the digital Japanese version which has english text and english voice acting. Costs like 8500 yen though.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

havenwaters posted:

Probably bought the digital Japanese version which has english text and english voice acting. Costs like 8500 yen though.

Ah, didn't realize it already came out in Japan.

I really want to watch more, but I also don't want to spoil myself on too much.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

hoobajoo posted:

Pat is also established as willing to do anything, no matter how degrading or morally reprehensible, to attain personal immortality, so neither one are saints.

Dias posted:

Pat is the villain sub-boss character that begrudgingly joins the party after you defeat him, like Magus.

Woolie is the party member that betrays you if you don't do his personal quest.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Pat is actually a 3D collectathon platformer hero than a rpg party member.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

OneDeadman posted:

Pat is actually a 3D collectathon platformer hero than a rpg party member.
For:
- Short and squat
- Funny (non)hair
- Cartoonish temperament
- Willing to eat food off the table and possibly the floor
- Neurotically compelled to collect EVERYTHING

Against:
- Constantly misses items
- Is destroyed by babby-level puzzles
- Probably can't jump that well

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Justice Sloth posted:

Pat is the villain sub-boss character that begrudgingly joins the party after you defeat him, like Magus.

Woolie is the party member that betrays you if you don't do his personal quest.

That, is the PERFECT explanation of their specific immoralities.

I also just remembered Pat's position on ethics is it's objectively wrong to do certain things, but he'll do any immoral action if he personally gains from it, and that's OK because if he gets caught, he wouldn't be mad. What a scumbag, I love Pat.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Pat. Pat. Shoot the zombies. Just shoot them. I know you can get past poo poo if you try hard enough but really just shoot the zombie

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
We've already established Pat would rather rip his own arms off than expend a single item. That includes bullets!

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Pat would sooner die than use resources.
But also Pat refuses to die as he is an immortal/immoral toilet man. Quite a quandary.
Also kinda relevant comment from the most recent PE2 video where Aya examines a dead enemy:

quote:

"I heard the ANMC's thoughts as it slid towards death..."Gentle days free from pain, automated injections of comfort. So happy was I... so useful... It's not my fault... I'm helping! Helping everybody! I don't want to disappear, to die..." An organism living for happiness... or a machine fearing death? A vague existence that is betwixt and between, neither here nor there... Peel back the benign surface to find a festering tumor of greed. If you do nothing, you will lose nothing. A craven way to live... If you can really call that life. I, for one, cannot. "
Guess she's not a fan of toilet people.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Reminder that Pat got upset when he accidentally used a single upgraded bullet earlier in the LP.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
Pat being all "I would have appreciated this knife" after running past it a bunch of times. Because he declined to kill Moulded he could have easily killed. :laffo: I love the Gnome of Half-Truths.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I hope he enjoys all the fat barfer enemies in the literal salt mines.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/389050

So I saw this pop up on my steam recs as out in EA, it's that NeoGeo Pocket-style fighting game that the Best Friends covered way back. Apparently they got picked up by Chucklefish at some point.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

The Deleter posted:

Reminder that Pat got upset when he accidentally used a single upgraded bullet earlier in the LP.

Patrick Boivin: Man, this game gives you so many bullets!
Also Patrick Boivin: /will make a fool of himself before firing a single bullet

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I can't believe Pat let Woolie go into the Painted World.

I wonder how many episodes he's going to be stuck here for?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Dexie posted:

I can't believe Pat let Woolie go into the Painted World.

I wonder how many episodes he's going to be stuck here for?

remember when the writers of the yu-gi-oh anime thought it'd be a great idea to insert a gigantic filler arc into the middle of battle city

it's gonna be that

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Not really, if he wants to just leave he was already close, and Pat already hinted to him about that.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

He was "close" but only if Pat tells him about the jump attack the dragon butt trick.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Why wouldn't you want Woolie to do the Painted World now?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Andrast posted:

Why wouldn't you want Woolie to do the Painted World now?

The Archer Run, Lautrec Rematch, Biggie Smalls

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

remember when the writers of the yu-gi-oh anime thought it'd be a great idea to insert a gigantic filler arc into the middle of battle city

it's gonna be that

We're gonna see Pat's green-haired evil adoptive brother AI? ...actually he'd probably beg Noah to let him stay as a digiworld dude for all eternity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

We're gonna see Pat's green-haired evil adoptive brother AI? ...actually he'd probably beg Noah to let him stay as a digiworld dude for all eternity.

Pat finds himself in the body of a robot monkey.

"PERFECT"