Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
We are due for a competitive season. Mercedes, Ferrari, and Red Bull will win a bunch of races and Williams will randomly pick up some weird rear end race, probably in Montreal or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

If Massa wins a race I am going to burn this god drat thread to the ground (he won't, the four winning teams will be Mercedes, Red Bull, Force India, and Toro Rosso).

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Massa will win the Brazilian Grand Prix when Hamilton crashes out on the final lap, in the greatest moment in the history of all motorsport

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Alain Post posted:

Massa will win the Brazilian Grand Prix when Hamilton crashes out on the final lap, in the greatest moment in the history of all motorsport

Handing the title to Bottas, who wins it without winning a race.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I only see Ferrari, RB, and Merc winning. Sorry.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

Handing the title to Bottas, who wins it without winning a race.

Ban me if this happens. Just loving do it.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I would love to see a champion with 0 victories.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
latest rumor is the McLaren's going to be orange and white

https://twitter.com/andrewbensonf1/status/834379090060787712?s=09

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

Rhopunzel posted:

This means it will actually be the exact same grey and red as before.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Rhopunzel posted:

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Massa won't win anything except repeat trips to the hospital because he already did the tearful farewell thing and the F1 gods will be enraged that he's going back on it

Unless the new owners have instilled some compassion in them, in which case the sport is dead to me

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Bold prediction: The Williams is good in the wet and wins a race in the wet.

Norns fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Feb 23, 2017

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Also gently caress Benson and his insider sources poo poo, he's hedging his bets and will try to claim full credit if he's anywhere close

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Bold prediction: Massa WDC

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

BOLD Prediction: Big John podium

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

1500quidporsche posted:

BOLD Prediction: Big John podium

The new regs are going to be brutal on brakes: Haas will be rear end

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Haas 9th, Sauber 10th, and I cannot possibly fathom anything changing that.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

jammyozzy posted:

This means it will actually be the exact same grey and red as before.

I hate Andrew Benson. Bald bastard.

Bold prediction: possibly in the middle of the summer Liberty Media will put into motion to Americanize (read: poo poo all over) the sport by introducing preliminary plans to draft an executive order to introduce what is (in)famously known as... the playoffs. Ross Brawn will resign. Todt will fight it. Money talks. We all formally change this thread into a WEC thread where, in-between races, we wax nostalgical(?) about 2008 and earlier seasons. At some point a real life meeting will occur where someone accidently(?) gets cum on them from another poster probably during an impromptu orgy after a heated Lewis vs. Alonso debate.

fag boy jim will be in attendance.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Bold prediction: Bernie will be back as he has sneakily put a clause in the sale contract of F1 to Liberty Media which he activates mid season

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Italic prediction: Bernie will get back in the car and beat Vettel in the championship.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

wicka posted:

Normally you are a good poster but this isn't bold at all. Get your poo poo together dude.

No, it was definitely bold. Even you can't argue that.

lotharr
Dec 24, 2003

Sorry Mark, we have no idea what's wrong with your KERS mate...

Bold prediction - Alonso retires after another poor showing in the McLaren and goes to WEC

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

lotharr posted:

Bold prediction - Alonso retires after another poor showing in the McLaren and goes to WEC

Now that wasn't bold at all.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Rhopunzel posted:

Ron Dennis is literally shaking rn

lotharr
Dec 24, 2003

Sorry Mark, we have no idea what's wrong with your KERS mate...

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Now that wasn't bold at all.

True but it is the complete opposite of what everyone _actually_ wants

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

How come no one is making italic predictions?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

ImplicitAssembler posted:

How come no one is making italic predictions?

Listen here, fucko....

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

Ban me if this happens. Just loving do it.

Same here.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Bold prediction: we will see the return of Martin Whitmarsh

(Because Honda will have got thier poo poo together and he's the bff of that guy who ousted Ron)

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Oh wait, Mercedes is being revealed at Silverstone today lol?

UK is a few hours away from being hit by what the met office want to call a weather bomb - Storm Doris is hitting us with up to 90mph winds and, I poo poo you not, it will be centred on Silverstone at exactly the time Mercedes will be revealing the car. http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/gcr20zz56#?fcTime=1487808000

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Maybe their car IS storm doris.

also, who gives a gently caress about a storm named doris. warn me when storm fuckbot5000 is about to hit.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

I'll make an italic and bold prediction: Magnussen will beat Grosjean

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

learnincurve posted:

UK is a few hours away from being hit by what the met office want to call a weather bomb - Storm Doris is hitting us with up to 90mph winds and, I poo poo you not, it will be centred on Silverstone at exactly the time Mercedes will be revealing the car. http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/gcr20zz56#?fcTime=1487808000

Something something nazi weather control

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Lewis will win every race, clinching the championship by Monza, where all the tifosi will repent from Ferrari and become Lewis fans. He will also win last year's championship after Rosberg admits he only won because of a conspiracy with Charlie Whiting (who didn't punish his cheating) and Niki Lauda (who sabotaged Lewis' car). Article 50 will make Great Britain the most successful country of all time. The EU will beg us to come back, offering a new membership where we don't pay anything but make all the decisions, but we will refuse

poty fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Feb 23, 2017

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Storm Doris update, wind is certainly up. Flights are being canceled, trains have speed limits, and high sided vehicles are only being driven by lunatics.

Edit: it's not relevant just because of the merc thing, last time we had winds this high the stands at silverstone got utterly trashed and it cost millions to fix it up.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

learnincurve posted:

I just got soaked to the loving skin getting into work in London. I hope Storm Doris takes an epic piss fit over Mercedes' parade.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Not particularly Bold Prediction: Sauber fold before the end of the year

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

poty posted:

Lewis will win every race, clinching the championship by Monza, where all the tifosi will repent from Ferrari and become Lewis fans. He will also win last year's championship after Rosberg admits he only won because of a conspiracy with Charlie Whiting (who didn't punish his cheating) and Niki Lauda (who sabotaged Lewis' car). Article 50 will make Great Britain the most successful country of all time. The EU will beg us to come back, offering a new membership where we don't pay anything but make all the decisions, but we will refuse

Finally somebody said it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

poty posted:

:trumppop:

• Locked thread