Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Am I the only one who went full Comic Book Guy when it was shown that Charlie can't rhyme given that improvising music and lyrics is the one thing he actually excels at?

Yeah but he hadn't been huffing paint this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Dennis was so incredibly happy about the RPG. As he should. RPG's are awesome; especialy that Model 7 Russian one.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Am I the only one who went full Comic Book Guy when it was shown that Charlie can't rhyme given that improvising music and lyrics is the one thing he actually excels at?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-VWIXmOS_w

Rhyme master

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
SOME OTHER MUSICAL STUFF

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I liked that episode a lot. It got a little weird toward the end but I like episodes that focus on their day to day lives more than the "concept" ones like the first episode or the water park/ski resort/etc ones.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Jamesman posted:

I don't know about "still," but Charlie definitely made a passing comment about sex with her to Dennis.

Dee screamed "you screwed me!" which was a pretty clear double entendre. Also, even though the Waitress came up

I feel like this season's become a little more serialized this season; among all the changes to the formula that've been tried, I'm quite happy with this. "The Gang Turns Black" makes more sense to me now as a premiere; there seems to be a coordinated effort for the Gang to exercise their emotions a little more than usual across the season. I love Gay Mac, and how Mac's immediate embrace of any stereotype he can imagine let him do something genuinely kind for Dennis.

In my lovely goon fanfic dreams, every member of the gang reaches their own hosed-up and rear end-backwards version of peace, and the final season of the show is a family united against the world :jihad:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Take a look back at the flowers for Charlie episode. When he could and then couldn't say placebo. When he's in his element, he's a genius. When someone puts him on the spot, he's a bumbling moron.

I don't know how I knew it was going to be an RPG. When Mac rolled that crate in, I just immediately thought RPG.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Gonz posted:

Dennis was so incredibly happy about the RPG. As he should. RPG's are awesome; especialy that Model 7 Russian one.
It was such a sweet moment when Mac gave the psychopath an RPG

Moacher
Oct 10, 2007

In a few moments my neighbor is going to exit this building's ground floor, out onto the sidewalk. According to my math, from this height, I can kill him by pissing on him.
The only real issue I had with this episode was that the scene where Mac explained the situation (as he interprets it) to Charlie and the following one where Dee explains it to Frank, "Oh, this isn't about work, it's about working through emotions" felt pretty repetitive. It was basically just the same thing twice and it dragged a little. Besides that, a lot of good stuff in there. What's in that crate?!!

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I hope new dee returns.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shbobdb posted:

Can you imagine how dirty the tap lines would be at Paddy's Pub?

It's really all I could think about once they were brought up.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I was thinking during that episode that I would love to watch a tv show crossover episode with always sunny+bar rescue.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
I will never understand the weirdo obsession this thread has with the insane theory that Dee and Charlie are secretly banging. As near as I can tell it's purely based on that one episode where they banged, they both felt super uncomfortable about it, and the episode ended with them being extremely eager to forget it ever happened and put things back to normal.

I guess in TVIV-speak that translates into "secret longstanding sex affair"?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
If they smoke they poke

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

OldSenileGuy posted:

I will never understand the weirdo obsession this thread has with the insane theory that Dee and Charlie are secretly banging. As near as I can tell it's purely based on that one episode where they banged, they both felt super uncomfortable about it, and the episode ended with them being extremely eager to forget it ever happened and put things back to normal.

It's a classic "will-they-or-won't-they" thing. It keeps the audience coming back.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

It's funny because it used to be implied that they were at least semi-capable of running the bar and we were meant to assume they do it in between schemes, but now I guess they literally are not capable of doing it

Hold on, when has the gang ever competently run the bar?

"Booze for money scheme"

Gay Mac is totally official now, thank god.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Feb 23, 2017

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Three Olives posted:

Hold on, when has the gang ever competently run the bar?

In the first season they at least had some busy nights, even if it was mostly because they were letting underage people in.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Sand Monster posted:

It's a classic "will-they-or-won't-they" thing. It keeps the audience coming back.

This is not "will they or won't they"! This is "I know they won't and I don't want them to"!

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

I love the idea that the bar is so filthy that it fostered the spontaneous generation of Stephen King's oil slick monster from The Raft.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Moacher posted:

The only real issue I had with this episode was that the scene where Mac explained the situation (as he interprets it) to Charlie and the following one where Dee explains it to Frank, "Oh, this isn't about work, it's about working through emotions" felt pretty repetitive. It was basically just the same thing twice and it dragged a little. Besides that, a lot of good stuff in there. What's in that crate?!!

That was the joke, like the leather shop in arizona. That they are all so on the same level that they independently come up with the same absurd things.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
The gang is, unsurprisingly, inconsistent with their bar management. Sometimes they pay their mortgage 2 weeks late. Sometimes they're at their tipping point. Sometimes they lock customers in because 2 happened to walk in, sometimes they pack the house for a wet t-shirt contest. Sometimes they can play Chardee MacDennis all day, sometimes someone gets stabbed to death because Mac can't remember who all he has already allowed in the bar that night (okay, maybe that is also incompetence). Anyway, there are a surprising number of plot-lines that actually depend on Paddy's doing some amount of business.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

alpha_destroy posted:

The gang is, unsurprisingly, inconsistent with their bar management. Sometimes they pay their mortgage 2 weeks late. Sometimes they're at their tipping point. Sometimes they lock customers in because 2 happened to walk in, sometimes they pack the house for a wet t-shirt contest. Sometimes they can play Chardee MacDennis all day, sometimes someone gets stabbed to death because Mac can't remember who all he has already allowed in the bar that night (okay, maybe that is also incompetence). Anyway, there are a surprising number of plot-lines that actually depend on Paddy's doing some amount of business.

I always figured Frank was bankrolling the thing with his Vietnam various business dealings.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

So uh, you're gay huh? For pay or for free?
For free I guess.
Chump.

Gay Mac is the best thing that has ever happened to this show.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

OldSenileGuy posted:

Literally every thread in TVIV has numerous dumb-gently caress theories or straight up fanfic in it.

People here can't just watch a thing and enjoy it/hate it for what it is because they are utterly loving mental.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I'm not saying I'm writing elaborate fanfics about Dee and Charlie. In this season we find out that Dee and Charlie are secretly smoking together. This episode we find out that Dee really wants a valentine from Charlie. She didn't seem to care if anyone else gives her a valentine besides Charlie.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
In a series where Fat Mac was stealing every scene for a year before they brought it up, it's not farfetched to think they are laying some groundwork. Dee has already ruined the waitresses' life like 2-3 times I could easily see Dee trying to sabotage the waitress in an attempt to win Charlie over, but she'll just like kill her via alcohol poisoning (probably on her birthday or something)

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

God Hole posted:

I love the idea that the bar is so filthy that it fostered the spontaneous generation of Stephen King's oil slick monster from The Raft.

Mac and Charlie talking about "The yuck puddle" was my favorite part of the episode (I've found bones in there).

I liked the rest of the episode too, I've really enjoyed the whole season so far. Although PTSDee is definitely going on my "too hosed up to watch twice" list (drat did that one get dark).

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Bust Rodd posted:

In a series where Fat Mac was stealing every scene for a year before they brought it up, it's not farfetched to think they are laying some groundwork. Dee has already ruined the waitresses' life like 2-3 times I could easily see Dee trying to sabotage the waitress in an attempt to win Charlie over, but she'll just like kill her via alcohol poisoning (probably on her birthday or something)

What? None of this makes sense? The Waitress hates charlie and the entire gang and they brought up Fat Mac literally the first scene he was fat in?

Unmature
May 9, 2008
This episode is clearly confirmation that Charlie and Dee are secretly banging. She got him a Valentine's gift and expected one from him.

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I was thinking during that episode that I would love to watch a tv show crossover episode with always sunny+bar rescue.

https://twitter.com/GlennHowerton/status/478704943835009024

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Bust Rodd posted:

Please don't bring your terrible, awful fanfiction to the thread.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

steinrokkan posted:

Please don't bring your terrible, awful fanfiction to the thread.

It's not 'Fan-Fiction' Dee & Charlie have hosed on this show, and without that context Dee's plot in this episode makes absolutely no sense at all. She bought him chocolates too! Where is that even coming from?

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

What? None of this makes sense? The Waitress hates charlie and the entire gang and they brought up Fat Mac literally the first scene he was fat in?

I meant that Fat Mac shows up and is 'cultivating mass' immediately but we don't get the explanation until the very end of the season I think, not that they aren't teasing him mercilessly right away.

All-in-All this felt very much like a S4-S5 episode, the rest of this season has been pretty loony and this one felt so weirdly grounded.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
Dee busting out the anthrax is the hardest I laughed at a show in a while. It just seemed so plausible that at this point the gang would casually send each other anthrax envelopes.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

They've hosed before, the treat each other like normal humans outside the influence of the bar, they smoke together, they almost indulged in cannibalism together.... There is definitely something going on behind the scenes with those two, I figure they'll keep dropping hints for a while without anything concrete coming up.

This was a good episode.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Bust Rodd posted:

It's not 'Fan-Fiction' Dee & Charlie have hosed on this show, and without that context Dee's plot in this episode makes absolutely no sense at all. She bought him chocolates too! Where is that even coming from?

Are you saying it would be outside the bounds of this show for a character to feel slighted and want payback because they got another character a gift and didn't get one back?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

ChesterJT posted:

Are you saying it would be outside the bounds of this show for a character to feel slighted and want payback because they got another character a gift and didn't get one back?

It's outside the bounds of this show for one of them to be nice to the other for no reason. That's why it was so weird when it turned out the crate was a gift from Mac.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Cricket's entry and the little two step he does on his way to smoke PCP had me LoLin' like nothing else this season, a very high water gag in a medium-funny episode.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Sammus posted:

They've hosed before, the treat each other like normal humans outside the influence of the bar, they smoke together, they almost indulged in cannibalism together.... There is definitely something going on behind the scenes with those two, I figure they'll keep dropping hints for a while without anything concrete coming up.

This was a good episode.

OK, maybe I am just a giant slut but I have slept with a bunch of my friends who I am still friends with and once you have already crossed that line it is a super easy one to cross again.

I'm not going to entertain fan fiction but Charlie would be a big improvement on a lot of the guys Dee has slept with.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Cojawfee posted:

It's outside the bounds of this show for one of them to be nice to the other for no reason.

They're nice to each other all the time, just the other two drag them down. Charlie even admitted to Dee once that he only treats her like poo poo because of peer pressure and he doesn't like doing it.

Edit: I realize we're agreeing with each other, but I don't think the rest of the crowd remembers that conversation. It's also what led to them loving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.

Sammus posted:

They're nice to each other all the time, just the other two drag them down. Charlie even admitted to Dee once that he only treats her like poo poo because of peer pressure and he doesn't like doing it.

Edit: I realize we're agreeing with each other, but I don't think the rest of the crowd remembers that conversation. It's also what led to them loving.

She lets him get the beak on the side.