Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Guy Mann posted:

As sad as any untimely death is, at least thanks to his streaming carrier his dead body was found in hours instead of weeks.

Yeah. My stepdad's ex wife died while taking a bath in her home she lived in alone. They didn't find her until two weeks later.

It's real bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard

Tenzarin posted:

I think I perfer the humble bundle monthly to ps plus.

A new Warhammer game every month for all eternity.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nioh is loving awesome. I think im cheating with the tactician set that puts all items and enemies on the radar but idgaf

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I just subscribed this month to get Total Warhammer, when do you find out about the rest of the games

first friday of the month. sometimes a few games are announced early by the devs -- nifflas has a new game just announced to be launching in the march bundle

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

I'm about 4 hours into RE7 and I'm really not feeling it at all :(

It looks nice and the environments are suitably spooky/gross but I'm just not enjoying the game part. It has the usual item juggling from previous entries in the series but it plays more like a linear shooter than anything else and the 'family' are lovely and annoying to fight/run away from. I hear the last third is least than stellar as well.

I'll finish it or whatever but I might not bother with the PSVR playthrough I had planned to do.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Nioh is loving awesome. I think im cheating with the tactician set that puts all items and enemies on the radar but idgaf

All character builds can do that just fine with Divination talismans. They last a long time and reveal treasures, enemies and kodama locations on the minimap

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

spudsbuckley posted:

It looks nice and the environments are suitably spooky/gross but I'm just not enjoying the game part. It has the usual item juggling from previous entries in the series but it plays more like a linear shooter than anything else and the 'family' are lovely and annoying to fight/run away from. I hear the last third is least than stellar as well.

I'll finish it or whatever but I might not bother with the PSVR playthrough I had planned to do.

I love RE7 but I do have one complaint that I think is contributing to your annoyance: Making the enemies walk faster than you sprint in RE7 was a real bad idea and drags the game down quite a bit if you get into a lot of combat. I think it'd be a lot better if their walking speed was just slightly slower than your sprint but faster than your walk. As is, you can't really run away from the Bakers and hide because they can very easily catch up to you, which sort of defeats the point of them being unkillable because you have to fight them off to make them go away unless you really know what you're doing!

I mean, or they could make Ethan move faster than "wading through molasses while coated in tar". That'd probably work too.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

spudsbuckley posted:

I enjoyed the start but yeah if you're not liking it now it's going to get worse rather than better.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

RE7 feels very much like a game that got three quarters though development then someone higher up went 'right wrap it up and ship it', the lack of enemy variety and the dull last part really spoiled a game I was otherwise enjoying.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

RE7 feels very much like a game that got three quarters though development then someone higher up went 'right wrap it up and ship it', the lack of enemy variety and the dull last part really spoiled a game I was otherwise enjoying.

Welcome to modern AAA videogame development.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What's up everybody? How's everyone doing tonight. Or early morning rather.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

FirstAidKite posted:

Good, even if my knee's hurting a bit. (I sat on it weird.)

Game-wise I sat through two tedious hours of the Silver Case, and, darnit, I'm so close to the end of the whole thing that I can't stop now, but my god the sheen of this game has worn off. The writing is terrible, the plot makes little to no sense, characters are killing each other for reasons, and then it made me walk through the same level TEN TIMES with minor variations just because it could waste my time. I wish I could refund it, but nope.

...Which just makes me even madder, because this game could have been fantastic. I love its aesthetic, how weird it is, the bizarre concept of this murderer they're tracking down - but again. The writing takes the neatest concepts and reduces them to the most mundane, boring stuff and squanders itself and ughhhh.

So I've been chilling with Mini Metro to unwind from that, and :toot: got another tricky achievement finished! :D

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

Good, even if my knee's hurting a bit. (I sat on it weird.)

Game-wise I sat through two tedious hours of the Silver Case, and, darnit, I'm so close to the end of the whole thing that I can't stop now, but my god the sheen of this game has worn off. The writing is terrible, the plot makes little to no sense, characters are killing each other for reasons, and then it made me walk through the same level TEN TIMES with minor variations just because it could waste my time. I wish I could refund it, but nope.

...Which just makes me even madder, because this game could have been fantastic. I love its aesthetic, how weird it is, the bizarre concept of this murderer they're tracking down - but again. The writing takes the neatest concepts and reduces them to the most mundane, boring stuff and squanders itself and ughhhh.

So I've been chilling with Mini Metro to unwind from that, and :toot: got another tricky achievement finished! :D

Silver Case is a suda 51 game yea? I'm not surprised it has parts where it just wastes your time with tedious nonsense and bleh

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Silver Case is a suda 51 game yea? I'm not surprised it has parts where it just wastes your time with tedious nonsense and bleh

It is. I just wish....man. I wish it had any other writer, because there isn't enough of a payoff here to justify the tedious nonsense. :sigh:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I played some of this old ps2 game called Atelier Iris 2: The Azoth of Destiny. It's not good, but I never beat it and I wanted to power through it since it has one really good character in it who is completed wasted on the game he's in lol.

Also I saw this trailer for the korean version of dungeon fighter online's next update.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR4EWN0P0rE

They're finally adding in female priests and they look rad as hell :)

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Sakurazuka posted:

I enjoyed the start but yeah if you're not liking it now it's going to get worse rather than better.

That's a pity :( Think I'm about halfway through so I'll push on to the end.

I presume it unlocks some kind of more powerful weapons for the second playthrough? That's still a RE series staple, right?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yes although most of them are locked behind speed runs or other gimmick runs or finding all the bobble head things. You do get a better pistol for finishing it on Normal though.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/cooIton/status/825119693849710593

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Remember that Bubsy level that was all musical instruments and horns and stuff and it was called see sharp or be flat or sonethibg? I think about that level from time to time

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

fridge corn posted:

Remember that Bubsy level that was all musical instruments and horns and stuff and it was called see sharp or be flat or sonethibg? I think about that level from time to time

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

hey kid

press that key to open your inventory

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
The Music Plant music in Sonic Advance something is awesome music and where my mind first goes to when I think of Music themed levels in games.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm finishing Doom and playing through Firewatch. Also I just finished Mafia 3.

I'm having lots of fun with Doom and my only real complaint is the inconsistent way they cut off backtracking on some of the levels. I actually enjoy the arena fights because I like fighting enemy waves and every time I change the way I play to finish specific weapon and power-up challenges so it stays interesting. It's the best when I can do like 3 at the same time so I try to combine fitting ones together.

Firewatch is ok so far but the protagonist is pissing me off with his constant whining. I guess I could just stop talking on the radio when I don't have to but then I'd only be walking around the environments so I keep pressing the button and hope something will come out of it.

Mafia 3 had some enjoyable moments but structure-wise it might have been the most grindy and boring open-world game I played. Even Mad Max had less of a filler feel to it than this game.

Palpek fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Feb 23, 2017

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

FirstAidKite posted:

Guddamn I am so tired. That's just what happens when you walk 10km a day. Oh but if you put me in front of Berseria, I'd stay up til midnight :v:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

I beat the Silver Case and the ending didn't do a thing for me. :sigh:

Ah well. It's off the backlog, and I can get back to actually good games.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Also I gave Victor Vran a try and it's a surprisingly cool take on hack'n'slash. WSAD movement + precise mouse targetting + jumping makes a hell of a difference.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Real hurthling! posted:

I use an accessory with Kodama sense and wear the Warrior of the West suit because it has some ridiculous buffs, but I get the feeling some of endgame sets are even more game breaking. Might even be necessary if you want to do the level 150 missions.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

FirstAidKite posted:

Had a long week of being sick but finally feeling pretty much back at 100%. Watching tv and playing games. How you doing, FAK?

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

FirstAidKite posted:

Pretty good! My friend and I just wrapped up our schedule for Gameblast this weekend and now I have to try and find enough time to sleep over the next couple of nights

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Sakurazuka posted:

It's not because the Pro doesn't support 4K blurays

E: didn't read the next page

THEN WHAT IS THE POINT

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Getting people to buy new hardware in two and half years instead of five

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Maybe they should relabel the original PS4 as the baby edition to boost sales of the pro

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The PS4 thread already did that for them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

corn in the bible posted:

THEN WHAT IS THE POINT

Nothing

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

THEN WHAT IS THE POINT

It outputs at 4K and they get a dumb model to sell at the $400 price point and make money while selling their old model at a lower point to get new customers. That is the point.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

bloodychill posted:

It outputs at 4K and they get a dumb model to sell at the $400 price point and make money while selling their old model at a lower point to get new customers. That is the point.

What is the point of 4k output if it can't play 4k Blu-ray? It sure as gently caress can't play videogames at 4k and I can get a cheap Netflix box that'll handle that stuff

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

:retrogames:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Some games run better on the Pro seems to be the main reason to get one, to be honest.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

[david hayter voice] 4. k. ports

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

What is the point of 4k output if it can't play 4k Blu-ray? It sure as gently caress can't play videogames at 4k and I can get a cheap Netflix box that'll handle that stuff

This

It does finally do 1080p at 60fps... with some graphics options turned down a bit depending on the game. And 4K at 20-something FPS. It's pretty poo poo yeah.

But I get it. Every retail outlet that sells TV's is pushing 4K so Sony's thing needs to say 4K. Why no 4K blu-ray? I have no loving clue.

• Locked thread