Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

this poo poo is gettin way less interestin n i dont kno whay i still post here
scandalize me captain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Epic High Five posted:

like I kind of wouldn't mind finding out what happens on the surface of Venus post-protomolecule but like literally every other part of the first book I didn't really care about how it developed and I know that it'd be like 3/4 of the way through the 2nd book before they spilled the beans on any deets re: Venus

just started that one so ill let you know

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Epic High Five posted:

like I kind of wouldn't mind finding out what happens on the surface of Venus post-protomolecule but like literally every other part of the first book I didn't really care about how it developed and I know that it'd be like 3/4 of the way through the 2nd book before they spilled the beans on any deets re: Venus

the exapanse was actually pretty great for the first like 4 books but osrta is meandering around in the last 2

the venus stuff was real neat imo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
its funny that for a man who doesn't read trump has a copy of mein kampf

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Mayor Dave posted:

hey baloogan a while ago you posted a quote from some book about an american crusade to retake sweden and i was interested in reading whatever right wing author write it but i couldn't find it, you know what im talking about?

yeah i can't find it : /

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

deadgoon posted:

why didnt u like the book baloogan

dunno but i didn't like it!!

i thought the protagonist was a cuck he should have said the aliens made me a sex slave for years do not go to that plante you loving idiots they ae messed up

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Would you castrate yourself is you knew it would lead to Trump getting peached?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Gringostar posted:

i was talking about how humanity's final form was brown skinned and not white washing poo poo like most sci-fi does

Oh, well it was originally written as the guy's MFA thesis and almost certainly part of his own process of reconciling his time in Vietnam so his inspiration came from a far more real place than Heinlein's beating off to Spartan military fascism or Card's very special boy fantasy.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Baloogan posted:

dunno but i didn't like it!!

i thought the protagonist was a cuck he should have said the aliens made me a sex slave for years do not go to that plante you loving idiots they ae messed up

Please dont post your bedroom fetishes in trump chat

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Alien rear end Ranch

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Sinners Sandwich posted:

what kind of dumb question is this of course not

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Baloogan already tried

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Sinners Sandwich posted:

More like castro himself ha ha

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Admiral Ray posted:

why seek a solution when you can be the problem

America writ large 2017. Sig.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
these are the books currently on my tablet

http://pastebin.com/raw/KwhYHEC2

if ur looking for a list of books, well, there is one right there

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

i think its dumb how in star trek spok can be half human n half vulcan when we cant eve successfully mate w/ species on our own fucken planet u xpect me to blieve we can mate w/ aliens more like barf trek

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Turdfuzz posted:

i think its dumb how in star trek spok can be half human n half vulcan when we cant eve successfully mate w/ species on our own fucken planet u xpect me to blieve we can mate w/ aliens more like barf trek

have you tried loving an orang to see if you can't

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Jose posted:

have you tried loving an orang to see if you can't

ppl already did that when they shaved that female orang n used her as a prostitue
p sure we talked bout this b4 at some point

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

maybe they were giving her birth control did you think of that

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

yeah i think we did but i was drunk

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Jose posted:

maybe they were giving her birth control did you think of that

no

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

the female orang is nice but the male orang will gently caress ur day up

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

male orangs r often p battle scarred

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe

Turdfuzz posted:

ppl already did that when they shaved that female orang n used her as a prostitue
p sure we talked bout this b4 at some point

holy loving poo poo. I GIS'ed your av at the top of the page which led me on a wild wiki adventure of reading about orangutans and i saw that blurb about the shaved orang literally 30 seconds before i scrolled to your post WOAH

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Leviathan posted:

holy loving poo poo. I GIS'ed your av at the top of the page which led me on a wild wiki adventure of reading about orangutans and i saw that blurb about the shaved orang literally 30 seconds before i scrolled to your post WOAH

spooky

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

wonder who would win a fight an orang or a mandrill

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

well male orangs fight other male orangs all the time its like a part o they culture or somethin
i dont know nothin bout these half man half drill ppl

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

o yea speakin o dril

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Turdfuzz posted:

it's because God exists in star trek and made it so all intelligent races can cross breed. there are totally half human half Ferengi dudes out there complaining about :females:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

gibbons are cool apes imo

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Relevant Tangent posted:

it's because God exists in star trek and made it so all intelligent races can cross breed. there are totally half human half Ferengi dudes out there complaining about :females:

ok

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

what would god need with a halfbreed

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

or w/e however that quote went

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
how are ppl supposed to federate if they can't gently caress

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

imagine a man but instead of hands and feet they're drills

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Jose posted:

imagine a man but instead of hands and feet they're drills

o i have

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

would be a good villain
think o the puns

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Mayor Dave posted:

hey baloogan a while ago you posted a quote from some book about an american crusade to retake sweden and i was interested in reading whatever right wing author write it but i couldn't find it, you know what im talking about?

i have spend literally 40 minutes of my life finding this
when someone asks me for a book its a sacred faith in my books ness and libraries ect whatever
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25830594-the-ember-war

quote:

“Makes you wonder, don’t it?” Standish asked.

“Wonder how you can talk so drat much?”

“No, wonder why Ibarra decided to make us his fleet. Guy had sixty years, right? Sixty years to screw around with politics and economies. He invented the first real graphene battery—made a fortune—and had some super alien computer to help him out. So why didn’t he get the Chinese in on his plan? They were a hell of a lot more organized. Not a lot of dissent in their politics, kind of deal. I swear we couldn’t get five guys and gals on the Breit to agree on pizza toppings.”

Torni stood up and leaned back to work out a nasty kink. The fleet surrounded them in serene silence. Fighter and bomber flights weaved through the hundred ships that contained the last of humanity, from the stubby destroyers to the lance-like bulk of the carrier Charlemagne.

“You’re American, right?” she asked.

“Canadian, eh?”

“When he was a boy, my grandfather lived in Stockholm. He and his family were there when the Muslims declared the city theirs. They were poor, and didn’t have the money to pay the non-believer tax and wouldn’t convert to Islam, so the Muslims enslaved them all. They murdered my great-grandfather. My great-grandmother didn’t last much longer.

“He was in rags, starving, when the crusade came. He told me stories about the American soldiers, how they looked like knights in their body armor and the red Templar cross on their shoulder. They killed the Islamists, sent the rest of them back to their sand dunes in the Middle East. They saved him, fed him and showed him what strength really is. And they were all volunteers, every last one of them.

“No one had to order an American to save the oppressed. It’s part of their nature to see others live free, even at the sacrifice of their own lives. Once the Germans finally followed the Americans’ lead, and the rest of Europe got its act together, we had the Atlantic Union. Separate nations and peoples who would fight for each other. The Chinese didn’t go to war to save Mongolia when the Russians conquered it.”

“Huh,” Standish said. “I never thought about it that way. Save those who’ll sacrifice for the whole.”

TRUMP!

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Turdfuzz posted:

o yea speakin o dril

Come on we can't put every little mishap in here we will run out of room by.... well last week it looks like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe

Turdfuzz posted:

o yea speakin o dril

whats the story on the lion and the guy in the maroon beanie

• Locked thread