Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

punchymcpunch posted:

how about a nazifur?

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Turdfuzz posted:

maybe ill put the incredibly rapey and very swedish julian assange in there somwehere

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

ok

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Baloogan posted:

i have spend literally 40 minutes of my life finding this
when someone asks me for a book its a sacred faith in my books ness and libraries ect whatever
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25830594-the-ember-war

TRUMP!

lol thanks, that quote is as insane as i remember, gonna queue it up next on my kindle

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i tried to find an anime julian assange and that nwas the best i could get

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Mayor Dave posted:

lol thanks, that quote is as insane as i remember, gonna queue it up next on my kindle

:kimchi:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Turdfuzz posted:

why so many anime characters half nude school girls

its the genre's thing.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Mayor Dave posted:

its unfortunately not actually as insane as that quote might indicate. its like, middling military sci fi at best :/

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Turdfuzz posted:

watch kill la kill

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Baloogan posted:

watch kill la kill
That's exactly the wrong advice to give to someone freaked out about girls in anime

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Turdfuzz posted:

Basically Animal House and other classics sex comedies were popular in Japan so they started writing manga similar to that but the chararacters were still in middleschool, the demographic of most of the manga. Parents weren't too thrilled about that but in the end nothing matters

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Baloogan posted:

its unfortunately not actually as insane as that quote might indicate. its like, middling military sci fi at best :/

Middling military scifi written by right wing reactionaries is my guilty pleasure, sometimes I think I singlehandedly keep baen in business

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

rudatron posted:

That's exactly the wrong advice to give to someone freaked out about girls in anime

im here to break brains and chew gum and im all out of nicorette

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

deadgoon posted:

i thought it was the opposite i thought he ended up losing all the money back but before he could pay the yakuza killed him and it ruined trumps day

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/02/japanese-gambler-donald-trump-213635

Oh yeah I guess I misremembered it, he doesn't bust him, he just wins $6 mil. Then Trump asks him to quadruple or quits at a rigged game and the guy agrees, and then Trump cheats at a game he's already rigged. Lol. And then the guy skips town owing him money and then ninjas hack him up.

Anyway I think turn that into an image and put it in the picture, bing bong easy.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Basically Animal House and other classics sex comedies were popular in Japan so they started writing manga similar to that but the chararacters were still in middleschool, the demographic of most of the manga. Parents weren't too thrilled about that but in the end nothing matters

*leans into mic*

wrong

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Porkies come in, Love Hina comes out you can't explain it

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
"may you slay a thousand children" is the thing i take away from the malazan book of the fallen

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

punchymcpunch posted:

hall and oates are the president of the united states of america

Out of touch and out of time, checks out.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Every day is like finding lady liberty's head on the ape planet as I slowly regain consciousness and realize Donald Trump is president.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Mayor Dave posted:

Middling military scifi written by right wing reactionaries is my guilty pleasure, sometimes I think I singlehandedly keep baen in business

im a right wing reactionary trying to write military sci fi but i can't write worth a drat and i only want to write about robots and mormons and space communists

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Baloogan posted:

watch kill la kill

eeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Good sci fi is social/political commentary, find a theme and stick to it

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Feminasty Slut posted:

Every day is like finding lady liberty's head on the ape planet as I slowly regain consciousness and realize Donald Trump is president.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V7aUT13qtM

donald trump. DONALD TRUMP. is the president of the united states. IRL (not fictional). he is the commander of every nuclear sub, every SEAL, every nuclear bomber. Donald Trump.

Get a paper bag to hyperventilate or some anime.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

in my opinion planet of the apes was in some ways allegorical

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Turdfuzz posted:

eeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
donald trump is president.

Serf
May 5, 2011

right-wing sci-fi is always so boring because the writers have no vision of the future. it's just the past but with railguns and poo poo. no new ideas or interesting thoughts come of it

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

whats that anime where the guy punches a frog? i think id like to see that one some day

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Sometimes an ape is just an ape

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

punchymcpunch posted:

Literally the least subtle allegory ever written

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

a roman, circa 100AD posted:

right-wing sci-fi is always so boring because the writers have no vision of the future. it's just the past but with railguns and poo poo. no new ideas or interesting thoughts come of it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

punchymcpunch posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOeUXEpxzcc

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
lol @ everyone expecting like, sublety or depth.

you live in a physical reality (made of atoms and molecules, the same physical reality your loving ameboa grandparetns hosed in) a physical reality where DONALD TRUMP is the most powerful human on the planet.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
you are, (yes you the cuck reading these words) is constructing a simplified reality where poo poo makes sense.

donald trump is president.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

ya its like the 80s never ended

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-PkAQcuZOw

Serf
May 5, 2011

the sad/rabid puppies idiocy was further proof that right-wing sci-fi writers are both uniformly bad at their craft and also massive crybabies over the fact that everyone knows it

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
At best (and this is super duper optimistic) this is a simulation of sociological phenomena and some hypergradstudent is just loving with the petri dish. At worst this is the Actual Universe a mathematical construct that has lasted for Eternity and is Instantiating poo poo.

Aliens are gonna roll up and be like "laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamooooooo" and we're not going to have any comebacks.

Donald Trump is president.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Conservatism, especially of the modern variety, cannot create anything. Anything at all. They are all about destruction and exploitation

It's why right wing art of all types is loving trash. I think the last thing a conservative created that wasn't a panic response to prevent further reforms was Teddy and the national parks, and in most ways he was further left than Obama

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I enjoyed the battlestar galactica space mormons until it became painfully obvious that that stuff about a plan in the title sequence was a horrible lie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Anyone relaxed about this poo poo is retarded. Donald Trump is president. This isn't a dream.

• Locked thread