Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Kjoery posted:

the whole network - /pol/, thedonald, and ""skeptic"" youtubers are preforming mental gymnastics in order to defend their milo

#demsaresatanists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SRlK8bZvqk

SpaceGoatFarts fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Feb 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

GREAT SATAN posted:

I agree, illegal immigrants are basically slave labor and people who support the practice are racists and exploiting brown bodies

that's not what I said at all!

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

#demsaresatanists

[milo bathes in pigs blood while getting handjobs].mp4

so... brave... :911:

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Oh oh the "yes I would kiss an elementary kid" is up to no good !

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FREE SPEECH! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Mods plz change my name to seditious taitores in Hollywood.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

I agree with points 2 and the general concept of 6 but only applied to people that actually profited from lying because I am one of those horrible racist morons that would have voted for trump if I could.

(The other ideas are the ravings of a lunatic though)

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Why do hard-right Christians want God back in schools so much? It's not like they have God in their church.

syllable police
Feb 23, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
OP is a trump apologist at best

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Egbert Souse posted:

Why do hard-right Christians want God back in schools so much? It's not like they have God in their church.

Someone needs to ask Trump "did Jesus ride a dinosaur" to see how hard he fucks up the answer

syllable police
Feb 23, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Egbert Souse posted:

Why do hard Christians want cock so much?

syllable police
Feb 23, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

EugeneJ posted:

Someone needs to ask Trump "did Jesus ride a dinosaur" to see how hard he fucks up the answer

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Lunixnerd posted:

syllable police
Feb 23, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Lunixnerd posted:

I agree with points 2 and the general concept of 6 but only applied to people that actually profited from lying because I am one of those horrible racist morons that would have voted for trump if I could.

I only agree with #1 and that because Pink Floyd rules

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Tallgeese posted:

This implies you acknowledge that the sentences were racially targeted, though.

This implies nothing other than the fact that my question was not answered.

Moridin920 posted:

It's not a coincidence that bullshit laws disproportionately targeting poor disenfranchised minorities

Try to keep up you sad brained fool.

syllable police
Feb 23, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Fog Tripper posted:

This implies nothing other than the fact that my question was not answered.

lets not talk about race in gbs tia

syllable police
Feb 23, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Fog Tripper posted:

Try to keep up you sad brained fool.

nice edit, dude

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

So basically you are just an aggregate of other forums.

syllable police posted:

nice edit, dude

Nice new rereg.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Egbert Souse posted:

It's funny because if you inserted any other religion, Facebook would be burning up the comments with stay home moms posting not in the united States.. Nuh uh!

But forcing people to read the Bible and not the good poo poo like the burning dragons with a crown of stars, that's fine.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Lunixnerd posted:

only applied to people that actually profited from lying

Like Donald trump?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

scrubs season six posted:

Like Donald trump?

Don't forget Bannon, the real president of the US

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Fog Tripper posted:

Nice new rereg.

gently caress u Jerry with ur small rear end dick.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

afeelgoodpoop posted:

wow i didnt know that!!! its almost like i was talking about the context of its users and sellers and not the product itself tthough oh wait i lied lol shuit the gently caress up.

Oh right so, the black people then. lol.

Maybe the crime rates are high because they live in poverty dingus, not because for some mysterious reason black people are just more violent with the same drug than white people are.

There's no reason to sentence people 10x longer for the same crime with the same drug in a different format. It makes about as much sense as giving someone a 6 mo sentence for an ounce of weed but a 10 year sentence for a gram of hash.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Feb 23, 2017

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Fog Tripper posted:

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Lots of loving morons who don't know poo poo about drugs itt

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

scrubs season six posted:

gently caress u Jerry with ur small rear end dick.

Nice... melt:downs:?

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Moridin920 posted:

There's no reason to sentence people 10x longer for the same crime with the same drug in a different format. It makes about as much sense as giving someone a 6 mo sentence for an ounce of weed but a 10 year sentence for a gram of hash.

[citation needed]

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fog Tripper posted:

[citation needed]

Oh come the gently caress on guy stop being so obtuse. This would take you literally 1 minute to google for yourself if you actually gave a poo poo. I don't think you do. Nonetheless here you go.

http://famm.org/projects/federal/us-congress/crack-cocaine-mandatory-minimum-sentences/

quote:

In 2010, the U.S. Congress passed historic, bipartisan legislation repealing a mandatory minimum sentence for the first time since the Nixon Administration and reforming the infamous 100-to-one ratio between powder cocaine and crack cocaine. FAMM supported that reform, the Fair Sentencing Act (FSA). Prior to the enactment of the FSA, it took 100 times as much powder cocaine as crack cocaine to receive the same five-, 10-, or 20-year mandatory minimum prison term. The FSA changed this so-called “100-to-one” disparity to a disparity of 18-to-one.

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2010/08/03/data-show-racial-disparity-in-crack-sentencing

quote:

Under the current penalty structure, established during the so-called "crack epidemic" of the late 1980s, possession of crack can carry the same sentence as the possession of a quantity of cocaine that is 100 times larger. The Controlled Substances act established a minimum mandatory sentence of five years for a first-time trafficking offense involving over five grams of crack, as opposed to 500 grams of powder cocaine. The law imposed the same ratio for larger amounts: a minimum sentence of 10 years for amounts of crack over 50 grams, versus 5 kilograms of cocaine.

The Fair Sentencing Act amends existing laws by increasing the amounts of crack that trigger these penalties, from five grams to 28 grams for five-year minimum sentences and from 50 grams to 280 grams for ten-year minimum sentences.

According to the commission, 79 percent of 5,669 sentenced crack offenders in 2009 were black, versus 10 percent who were white and 10 percent who were Hispanic. The figures for the 6,020 powder cocaine cases are far less skewed: 17 percent of these offenders were white, 28 percent were black, and 53 percent were Hispanic. Combined with a 115-month average imprisonment for crack offenses versus an average of 87 months for cocaine offenses, this makes for more African-Americans spending more time in the prison system.

So yeah you are literally sentenced 18x harsher for the same drug in a different form and it disproportionately targets black people who are then imprisoned (instead of treated for their drug addiction) and made to work for large corporations at wages of less than a couple bucks a day. Idk what part of that is so mysterious to you.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Feb 23, 2017

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
The fog tripster, coming in with hits like:

"Forget poverty, blacks are just violent"
"We need more cops"
"Some people deserve less freedom"
"No, I've never actually talked to a non-white person for more than fifteen minutes why"

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Jukebox Hero posted:

"We need more cops"
"No, I've never actually talked to a non-white person for more than fifteen minutes why"

If he'd flat out admit to being a racist piece of poo poo I'd almost like him more. Almost.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Moridin920 posted:

So yeah you are literally sentenced 18x harsher for the same drug in a different form and it disproportionately targets black people who are then imprisoned (instead of treated for their drug addiction) and made to work for large corporations at wages of less than a couple bucks a day. Idk what part of that is so mysterious to you.

I see nothing in there about targeting one race over the other. :iiam:

Jukebox Hero posted:

"We need more cops"

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fog Tripper posted:

okay fam you're right they didn't literally say "hey we're targeting black people lol" so I guess that means the totally disproportionate number of black people incarcerated is just mysterious happenstance

I really hope you're trolling me because if you're that stupid in every day life then just wow man lol at you, you must get taken for a ride constantly.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Fog Tripper posted:

Let's increase taxes on mayonnaise 1000% because it makes you fat and see how white people feel about it.

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

Fog Tripper posted:

LIBERAL TEARS LIBERAL TEARS

So we both agree that's you giving up and admitting I'm right and you're racist, yes?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Fog Tripper posted:

that's probably because you're functionally retarded

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
earth to thread: blacks asked for the crack laws, and there are more white americans in poverty than black americans in total

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nut to Butt posted:

earth to thread: blacks asked for the crack laws, and there are more white americans in poverty than black americans in total

I'm pretty sure "help us stop this drug epidemic" isn't "please lock us up disproportionately for the same crimes and also please use the war on drugs as an excuse to do whatever you want instead of actually helping us."

I'm also pretty sure that the white Americans in poverty also suffer many of the same economic brutalities that are inflicted upon the lower classes by the rich and wealthy and fixing a hosed up drug policy and penal system would help both white and black poor people.

It would also help stem the flow of illegal immigration because our drug policy is one of the biggest reasons why people are trying to escape their countries for a better life elsewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

I'm pretty sure "help us stop this drug epidemic" isn't "please lock us up disproportionately for the same crimes and also please use the war on drugs as an excuse to do whatever you want instead of actually helping us."

I'm also pretty sure that the white Americans in poverty also suffer many of the same economic brutalities that are inflicted upon the lower classes by the rich and wealthy and fixing a hosed up drug policy and penal system would help both white and black poor people.

It would also help stem the flow of illegal immigration because our drug policy is one of the biggest reasons why people are trying to escape their countries for a better life elsewhere.

it is when the congressional black caucus spends the vast majority of its history pushing the war on drugs and voting for those disproportionate sentencing laws

of course, i agree that we should largely abolish the penal system, but i dont see how that supports your assertion that poverty = violence when there isnt a plague of violence from poor whites.

i think actually enforcing our immigration laws will do a lot more to stem the flow of illegal immigration because, let's face it, all those countries would be murderous rapeholes regardless of drug legalization in america.

please read this so you dont walk around looking like a liberal to anyone who knows even the slightest bit of history on the subject: http://prisontime.org/2013/08/12/timeline-black-support-for-the-war-on-drugs/

• Locked thread