Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Braun?
This poll is closed.
Owns 4 2.15%
Really Owns 5 2.69%
BRAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNN!!! 57 30.65%
120 64.52%
Total: 186 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DeathChicken posted:

I really thought Shane/Undertaker was plotted about as well as it could be done, given the gist of it was Shane getting the poo poo kicked out of him until Undertaker did something stupid and knocked himself loopy on the stairs to even things

My favorite part is that at the end Undertaker walks up the ramp, stops, looks back at Shane's braindead corpse being helped up by the referees and gives this amazing,"Pfft, what the gently caress did he think was gonna happen? :smug:" expression before turning and leaving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I mentioned this in the NXT thread, but tonight's Mark Andrews vs Pete Dunne match loving ruled.

Couldn't care less about the rest of the show but I loved this match.

Check it out if you get a chance.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I mentioned this in the NXT thread, but tonight's Mark Andrews vs Pete Dunne match loving ruled.

Couldn't care less about the rest of the show but I loved this match.

Check it out if you get a chance.

You should have cared because Chris Hero was there and he rules.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

True, he rules. But no match. :(

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Black Is Black posted:

Can't wait to talk about heel Bayley for 10 years like we did with Cena.

I'd say lol @ a woman wrestler lasting that long in WWE but we do have Mickie James. Hope her contract wasn't just a 6 month/1 year thing.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
But he elbowed Roode a few times and threw his shoe at him. It was cool.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Black Is Black posted:

sadistic heel bayley who makes people tap out to a bear hug would rule

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Black Is Black posted:

So when Bayley turns heel, which of the 3 womens' storylines do you think they will use for her?

1) Bitches be cray cray.

2) Bitches be jealous - i.e. put her in a cat fight over some dude

or 3) Oh, I dunno, she's a heel now, so boo her.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

BrigadierSensible posted:

So when Bayley turns heel, which of the 3 womens' storylines do you think they will use for her?

1) Bitches be cray cray.

Can I choose all three?

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

BrigadierSensible posted:

1) Bitches be cray cray.

She finally lets her hair down.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Cubone posted:

Aw, that's disappointing. I would've figured he would have to be a good sport to carry that gimmick.

It was around 2009ish so he was probably all hosed up on pills at the time.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
I blacked out the existence of Taker/Shane in my mind so deeply that the last few times I've tried to recall who Taker faced in the recent Manias the Shane match is always the one I remember last and I had to look it up at least once.

I genuinely hope this is the end for Taker but I've been saying that since 2011 and they're going to keep asking him to come back as long as his legs still work. Since he stopped being even a semi-regular in October 2010 (and including this year's Mania) Taker will have wrestled:

2011: Once (def. HHH [Mania])
2012: Once (def. HHH [Mania])
2013: Four (Taker/Sheamus def. Sandow/Barrett, def. Punk [Mania], Shield def. Bryan/Kane/Taker, def. Ambrose)
2014: Once (Lesnar def. Taker [Mania])
2015: Seven (def. Wyatt [Mania], def. Lesnar, Kane/Taker def. Strowman/Harper [3x, Mexico tour],. Lesnar def. Taker, Kane/Taker def. Wyatt/Harper)
2016: Once (def. Shane [Mania]
2017: At least twice (Rumble, vs. TBD [Mania])

17 matches in a little over six years, four of those years Mania-only, and he's absolutely not getting any younger or more capable in the ring. At this point I'd almost welcome Roman squashing him as part of a sustained heel push, put him in the HoF and let him take the rest of his life off.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Shane has pinfall victories over Gillberg, Eric Bischoff, Vince McMahon, Pat Patterson, X-Pac, Mankind, Big Show, and Kane.

That means through the communicative rule of MMA and wrestling he's repeatedly beaten the Rock, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, the Undertaker, Michael Elgin, Terry Funk, and Jeremy Borash.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i like kevin owens and his "sociopath who uses a smirking jackass as a mask" character

i like max landis enough, he's almost exactly like one of my friends who i can have a good, involved 30 minute conversation with at a party and then ive kinda had my fill for, like, a few weeks of conversation with him. he doesn't suck or anything, it just gets to be a little much after awhile. he's also one of, like, 3 people i've been able to listen to talk about wrestling as a creative medium and not immediately be turned off, so it might just be a matter of taste.

i also like shinsuke nakamura and if he's not involved at mania in some way i will be very sad.

i don't like wwe screwing my good friend luke harper, who clearly only had one foot down and is owed his title match and eventual win at wrestlemania.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Forceholy posted:

She finally lets her hair down.

:stare: ok if that ever happens, poo poo just got real

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

It was around 2009ish so he was probably all hosed up on pills at the time.

In 2009 Goldust was basically on deaths door with how much poo poo he was on.

I hear hes mellowed out considerably

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Alexa Bliss drew so much heat from that Smackdown crowd. It was rad.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Bailey shouldn't turn heel, but she should use her pony tail like Kurt Angle used his straps.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

its not bailey you little bastard. You big boy. Go on a boat or train with me and see what happens

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Lol

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Sandman McMahon posted:

Bailey shouldn't turn heel, but she should use her pony tail like Kurt Angle used his straps.

She does, sort of? When she's making her comeback, she tighten her ponytail.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

The Sea-rebral Assassin

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Blaise330 posted:

drat that sideplate, this is the girliest belt since the diva's title. Self-loving Hug Pacman better playable in 2K18 and not just on her titantron. I'll also take Dark-Bayley as a hidden SNK final boss with flaming tube men. WWE really needs a new batshit arcade game.

She hugs people. Except when she does, it's actually a Raging Demon.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Davros1 posted:

She does, sort of? When she's making her comeback, she tighten her ponytail.

Huh. That makes way more sense than my idea. Apparently I should actually pay attention to Raw once in a while.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Just watched the main from RAW and it made me a big fan of Strowman. Hope he keeps up the improvement.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Reigns should really not beat Strowman

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Reigns should, can, and will beat everyone because he is The Big Dog.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

There is very little chance that roman will win that match. look at how differently sized those men are, in terms of both height and weight. and remember that braun beat a much larger man right before taking out roman this past monday. Get a grip

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Roman reigns was fresh when he took on BraunS trowman and lost. I didnt say this explicitly before and i dont want to be cheesed off later thinking about how i didnt say it.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
How can Reigns spear Braun, Braun's gut is too big!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Braun beats Sammartino's record as the longest reigning champion.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

If only Braun Strowman had been the 3rd member of the Shield who broke through.

Incredible to think a year or so ago when he debuted he was a fat weird babyfaced dude with a tanktop that barely fit him and extremely bad skills. Now he's a lean viking-haired monster who can kip up and chain wrestle dudes.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Ostentatious posted:

Reigns should really not beat Strowman

the pretty obvious set up is that it's gonna be a gently caress finish, and Roman will probably use a chair or something to beat up Braun or Taker to set up for Mania.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'd say it's a fair guarantee that Roman vs. Braun cannot have a satisfying ending, because either Braun gets fed to Roman or it's a gently caress finish.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

VJeff posted:

I'd say it's a fair guarantee that Roman vs. Braun cannot have a satisfying ending, because either Braun gets fed to Roman or it's a gently caress finish.

Does Taker beating up Roman after the match count as a satisfying ending

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

VJeff posted:

The gently caress finish being preferable is WWE as hell.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

exploded mummy posted:

the pretty obvious set up is that it's gonna be a gently caress finish, and Roman will probably use a chair or something to beat up Braun or Taker to set up for Mania.

The easiest way to set up Roman-Taker is to have Roman cut a promo about how he's the biggest dog in the yard and have Taker interrupt him, and you can't really do that unless he gets a clean win over Braun (well, and ignore Lesnar and Goldberg, but I digress). The only way a gently caress finish would work is if they're building up to a Roman-Braun-Taker triple threat.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

exploded mummy posted:

Does Taker beating up Roman after the match count as a satisfying ending

Well it's like, it'd be viscerally satisfying, I guess? But I just can't get on board with Undertaker screwing Roman, because Roman didn't do anything to Undertaker. He eliminated him at the Rumble, but that's the point of the Rumble. That would just be Undertaker being a sore loser which is a lame way to start such an important feud, especially one that's supposedly supposed to be turning Roman heel.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

VJeff posted:

Well it's like, it'd be viscerally satisfying, I guess? But I just can't get on board with Undertaker screwing Roman, because Roman didn't do anything to Undertaker. He eliminated him at the Rumble, but that's the point of the Rumble. That would just be Undertaker being a sore loser which is a lame way to start such an important feud, especially one that's supposedly supposed to be turning Roman heel.

*looks at Battleground 2015*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

exploded mummy posted:

*looks at Battleground 2015*

That was loving awesome, yes, but it was very different. Heyman had been crowing for months and months on end about how MYYYYY CLIENT BAROCK LESNARRRRRRRR CONQUERED THE UNDERTAKER'S UNDEFEATED STREAK AT WRESTLEMANIA. It wasn't even about getting revenge for the streak (he literally said "streaks are made to be broken"), it was about Brock letting Heyman talk poo poo for months and months and months and he finally got sick of it and decided to blast Brock in the dick a million times. And dammit, I can respect that. Also, I dunno if anybody was expecting Undertaker to show up or not that night but when I watched it on the Network, it certainly felt like a big shock to the audience. And this was a good four-five months since the last time Undertaker showed up.

This would just be "This guy eliminated me a month ago in a match where the whole point is that 99% of the people participating get eliminated. gently caress him, I guess." It's also undercut by the fact that, y'know, Taker doesn't really NEED the Royal Rumble for a title shot. He could just ask for one, literally exactly like Cena and Goldberg did. So it's not like Roman even screwed him out of anything tangible.

• Locked thread