Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Scalia's demise was crazy. I don't think there's ever been a more obvious murder that everyone just short of shrugged at because dude was such a huge prick

it wasn't an obvious murder, dude was old and had tons of issues. Ed Balls himself investigated it thoroughly.

from an WP story posted:

Scalia suffered from coronary artery disease, obesity, diabetes and other ailments, according to a letter from his Supreme Court doctor.

Presidio County District Attorney Rod Ponton told the Associated Press there was nothing suspicious about Scalia’s death and cited a letter from Rear Adm. Brian P. Monahan, the attending physician for members of Congress and the Supreme Court. The Feb. 16 letter said Scalia’s many “significant medical conditions led to his death,” Ponton said.

Monahan listed ailments including “sleep apnea, degenerative joint disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and high blood pressure,” the AP said. Scalia was also a smoker, the letter said

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Al! posted:

isnt she the one who aided and abetted that armed takeover of that bird sanctuary????? that everyone was let off the hook for

she also did the sexy calender of herself in various states of dress with assault weapons

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

petit choux posted:

Ze, everyone laughs at that speech. It had so much potential of being something poignant and moving that it's failure poignantly moved a lot of people ... to scornful parodies.

lmbao

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

Look, it's not surprising that that grand piano fell on him, but then to get run over by a steamroller and get pushed into a swimming pool by an escaped tiger...it raises the eyebrows. I mean, this was all after he survived the plane crash and the swarm of killer bees, don't forget.

Oh wait, this is the fat old guy who had a heart attack? Sorry, got mixed up with someone else.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

CrumFUNist! posted:

steve miller and stephen miller are different people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH850qp85Zk

One of them want to reach out and grab ya, the other works for someone who want to reach out and grab ya

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

quote:

White House press secretary Sean Spicer, responding to the group's formation, said, "This administration has raised the level of ethics training and oversight to a new level compared to the practices of the previous administration."

:unsmigghh:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

The Muppets On PCP posted:

the 13th amendment specifically exempts criminal punishment from the slavery ban

which was the point, to redirect the slave market to the carceral state

i'm aware of that, even if it was not specifically outlawed it quickly became socially unacceptable to the point where it was too much of a pain in the rear end to do it, fueled by the same abolitionist movement that wasn't a fan of normal slavery. the difference being that with the breakup of mammoth plantations that were explicitly reliant on slave labor to function, there wasn't as much of an industry to be built or money to be made so when cool people said "this is Bad" the uncool people eventually just said "ok" and found something else to do

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Feb 23, 2017

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

Gravy Jones posted:

One of them want to reach out and grab ya, the other works for someone who want to reach out and grab ya

mtv nostalgia is kinda stupid because a lot of videos were really lovely ones like that

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

quote:

While some of his choices are made on a whim, he also likes to call dozens of people about potential hires, telling them what others said and asking them if they agree or disagree — and why. Last week, he asked TV anchors who visited the Oval Office for advice on filling the national security adviser position that opened up after Michael Flynn was ousted, according to two sources close to the administration. During the transition, he would walk the tables of Mar-a-Lago and ask guests whom he should pick for different jobs. He will call longtime business associates in New York, including Democrats and people who have never been involved in politics, and ask their advice.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/donald-trump-apprentice-hiring-235281

Why not?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

CLEVER GIRL

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

how do i president?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

say i hit a hole in one *gestures for secret service to surround nervous businessman sweating profusely* SAY IT

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Louisgod posted:

Isn't that a clear violation of the Constitution and be subject to a huge lawsuit? This is loving Constitution 101 bullshit, god dammit

the past few years' worth of legislation from north carolina alone should convince you these people don't give the slightest poo poo about the constitution

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Coolguye posted:

i'm aware of that, even if it was not specifically outlawed it quickly became socially unacceptable to the point where it was too much of a pain in the rear end to do it, fueled by the same abolitionist movement that wasn't a fan of normal slavery. the difference being that with the breakup of mammoth plantations that were explicitly reliant on slave labor to function, there wasn't as much of an industry to be built or money to be made so when cool people said "this is Bad" the uncool people eventually just said "ok" and found something else to do

but, uh, the prison system still uses coercive means to get its (disproportionately black) inmates to work for a fraction of their labor's market value

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

also yikes

quote:

Several people close to Trump say whoever controls the information that gets to him about a nominee has significant power.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Shageletic posted:

also yikes

we knew this though

trump basically agrees with the last person he talked with that he likes

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/834813312936325121

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
CPAC rules!

https://twitter.com/olivianuzzi/status/834810630444052481

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

the past few years' worth of legislation from north carolina alone should convince you these people don't give the slightest poo poo about the constitution

It's now illegal to refer to McCrory as "Mayor McCheese"

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

zegermans posted:

QUestion why is Star Trek derided for it's technobabble but everyone thinks the Tears in the Rain speech was good even though it was also dumb technobabble?

star trek makes the technobabble part of the plot

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Well yeah sure but what I mean is why present legislation that's so blatantly unconstitutional, especially with the 4th amendment? I'd think Republicans would be more strategic with their constitution loving instead of being like "lol unreasonable searches an seizure, that's gay"

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Junkyard Poodle posted:

Jelly, I've never shitpost while getting my d wet.

You're living the hedonistic life I want

I can now only climax when my lady mimics the thinking emoji.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

ugh imagine going somewhere and the first thing you see is ted cruz

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

zegermans posted:

QUestion why is Star Trek derided for it's technobabble but everyone thinks the Tears in the Rain speech was good even though it was also dumb technobabble?

Because Star Trek technobabble is throaway dialogue for covering up lazy plotting and the Tears in the Rain speech uses allusion to infer a full life experience that Roy had that's not valued by humans despite his ability to reflect and appreciate it in the same way they do.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/anneapplebaum/status/834778932037693440

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

i see that even though milo was un-invited, his career still showed up

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

wizard on a water slide posted:

but, uh, the prison system still uses coercive means to get its (disproportionately black) inmates to work for a fraction of their labor's market value

specifically, work release programs are largely a colossal scam perpetrated by the state to milk inmates for 'restitution' fees for years after they've ostensibly served their sentence yep

the perspective on the level of badness of the debtor prison system was, however, needs to be remembered. these people could not even go home to their families and live with them while they tried to get back on their feet, and it was unregulated and privatized to a way that give current for-profit prison corporations wet dreams.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

lmao yeah they've also learned that even if they lose court cases they can still abusively legislate because they can get the benefit of a law when they need it (such as say, voter suppression during an election) and then forget about defending it after they no longer benefit from it

see: what just happened with the voter suppression laws in NC

then when they need another abusive law they just pass a new one

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

zegermans posted:

he's describing the beauty that he saw and experienced which is being tossed away rather than a bleep bloop machine that needs fixing

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

cool just the one Trump wasn't enough so now we get Trump plus one or two degrees of separation, whoever the gently caress that happens to be

*sits long tie-ishly* "You ordered the shrimp cocktail? Fantastic. Now tell me, what do you think about the Federal bench? Rooting for anyone?"

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/AllisonMichs/status/834804466218053632

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

The Brown Menace posted:

i see that even though milo was un-invited, his career still showed up

lol

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

mastershakeman posted:

he's describing beauty he saw rather than bleep bloop machine that needs fixing

reverse the polarity of the beholden beauty and try appreciating it again!!!!? duh!!

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

lol sure

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

pathetic little tramp posted:

New Constitution:

Elections are nationalized, redistricting is independent or computerized, sortition for house of representatives

just have a computer do it all at that point

by which i mean a computer is in charge and no more politicians

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I loving can't get past this sentence

quote:

When Omarosa Manigault, the former “Celebrity Apprentice” antihero-turned-White House adviser, needs to talk to President Donald Trump, she simply strolls into the Oval Office

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/donald-trump-white-house-oval-office-235278

I can't!!!

Serf
May 5, 2011

for the republicans i take it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

i'll believe that one when it actually happens

• Locked thread