Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

CJacobs posted:

Allegedly no. But imo it doesn't matter, never ever romance anyone in video games.

I've requested that all my video game romances have cardboard cutouts at my funeral

my parents can stand inbetween naoto and dorian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

you shouldn't romance your parents

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

oddium posted:

What if they're in a videogame and they offer sweet stat bonuses?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

no

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Atelier Ayesha is kinda cute so far but whoever made the decision to have the water buffalo OINK MOO lines be voiced like this is real bad.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

oddium posted:

Isn't that what Fire Emblem is about now.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

No, no. You merely romance your best friend's time travelling daughter.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ekster posted:

The real question is, will the NPCs be player sexual.

I hope so, not getting to romance Cassandra as a girl was a crime

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Not everyone is bisexual.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sounds like denial to me

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

gulp :sweatdrop:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

So uhhh what is GotM?

I haven't played any 2017 releases yet.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I'm still playing the games that came out on January 23rd.

Beat Berseria on Sunday, played that KH 0.8 demo on Monday, and then started on RE7 on Tuesday.

Maybe I will eventually get to Nioh which I'm sure would be GotM.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Jay Rust posted:

So uhhh what is GotM?

For me it was gonna be Nioh but RE7's DLCs are just so good that Nioh may as well be tossing that game's goddamn salad.

edit: Although Nioh is still good regardless

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ys Origin since it's the only February game I've played.
Okay so it originally came out in 2006 but whatever.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Lurdiak posted:

FE is about micro transactions now

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

exquisite tea posted:

I remember goons endlessly mocked that one DA2 dev who said "every time you press a button, something awesome happens" but I was like, why? Why only in CRPGs do we tolerate boring bland abilities that aren't impressive and don't even work the way they're supposed to half the time? If the best thing you can say about the combat in an RPG is "I can program my party members to play the game by themselves" then you need some better combat, imho.

In DA2 though it was press a button to retread the same area I've seen a hundred times before

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Yeah I'm not saying DA2's combat was any good, just that the sentiment behind it was fine.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

So uhhh what is GotM?

It's probably gonna be River City Ransom Underground coming in from behind and crossing the finish line.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I think it was more people mocking the general marketing behind DA2 which was all about how :krad: the game was and how slower-paced, tactical crpgs like DA: O can get bent this is the future baby mountain dew.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

bloodychill posted:

The game draws inspiration from Star Trek, which is infamous for both a captain who sleeps with everyone and a fandom who was so obsessed with romancing crew members with their self-insert characters they actually coined the term Mary Sue. In that context, Mass Effect is somewhat tame.

And yet in Star Trek, no captain ever sleeps with a member of their crew.

There might be some maybes. Like you could argue that Kirk banged Yeoman Rand off camera at some point, but it's unsubstantiated.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Is there a thread for cool videos and gifs of stuff in video games? Not necessarily glitches or griefing, but just a place to dump cool clips and to see other cool clips?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

So uhhh what is GotM?

Ogre Battle 64

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

it's. Back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3NLa4ebX4E

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

So uhhh what is GotM?

probably horizon

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Snak posted:

And yet in Star Trek, no captain ever sleeps with a member of their crew.

There might be some maybes. Like you could argue that Kirk banged Yeoman Rand off camera at some point, but it's unsubstantiated.

Picard was definitely loving Beverly at some point

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Nioh is easily GotM.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

nioh way

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

I think it was more people mocking the general marketing behind DA2 which was all about how :krad: the game was and how slower-paced, tactical crpgs like DA: O can get bent this is the future baby mountain dew.

DAO had similar advertising to be fair. Anyone remember the hilarious trailer set to Marilyn Manson this is the new poo poo

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

ImpAtom posted:

Nioh is easily GotM.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Mordja posted:

The only Bioware game I've ever played to completion is Mass Effect 1 and I thought the romances were pretty messed up since you're literally playing as everyone's boss. Unprofessional.
Even more reason to do it. Schmooze them into the sack then have them take point and die repeatedly, with no consequence to the former at all. A true sociopathic coup

LawfulWaffle posted:

Is there a thread for cool videos and gifs of stuff in video games? Not necessarily glitches or griefing, but just a place to dump cool clips and to see other cool clips?
If there was it would go in PYF, but imo :justpost: here

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

DAO had similar advertising to be fair. Anyone remember the hilarious trailer set to Marilyn Manson this is the new poo poo

Oh god now I do

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The following is based on Star Trek novelizations and some details might contradict canon:

Sakurazuka posted:

Picard was definitely loving Beverly at some point

quote:

While Crusher and Picard do not get together on screen, except in the alternate future seen in “All Good Things…” (not even in the films;), they do, finally, in the tie-in fiction, specifically in Michael Jan Friedman’s Death in Winter, and the subsequent post-Nemesis TNG fiction, in which they are married and have a son named Rene.

And when Picard did date a crew-woman briefly, he cleared it with Starfleet first.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

bevalee ...

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Cyberpunk brutality simulator RUINER has finally committed to a soft release window this summer, and it's coming to PC AND consoles. I'm beyond excited for this game, which is like Hotline Miami Tactics.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/02/23/ruiner-walk-the-darkest-alleyways-of-2091-in-upcoming-ps4-shooter/

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Beverly Crusher was always a weak-rear end character and I never really bought the chemistry between her and Picard. I thought that other doctor who was kinda racist towards Data was a more interesting foil to Picard's idealism.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

she's cool in the one where everyone's disappearing

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Everyone has their moments, but that could've just as easily been a Troy or Geordi episode. It's not like she's complete garbage, she's just "eh".

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The trick is that you're not Picard in Mass Effect.

You're Riker.

lovely lovely Riker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

So Riker

• Locked thread