Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

jesus. like i love that these idiots have this giant narrative of the world that there is some league of super villians with nazis, Wahhabis and commies all uniting to destroy america.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
Hi thread whoin are we punching today

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

petit choux posted:

It's a great movie. That was a weak line. Jesus Christ. I'm done with this.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Augus posted:

Papa Francesco is an awesome dude, yeah. When I was in Rome it was amazing how much the people adored him.

It's incredible to see a Pope that actually reflects the real ideals of Jesus and fights against the stereotype of the opulent Catholic Church.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

petit choux posted:

I know why it's different. I also know it's weak, at one of the most powerful moments in the film. I think that's why I've seen so many people make fun of that monologue over the years.

if your ~knowing~ that it's weak is predicated on the things described not making sense to you then congratulations you've hit on exactly why it isn't weak is thematically resonant

ps it can be weak 2 u but lol that isn't what you're saying :)

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/smbsshowbot/status/834828089880346625

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Meanwhile
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/white-nationalist-richard-spencer-removed-cpac-n724696

quote:

White nationalist Richard Spencer was kicked out of the Conservative Political Action Conference on Thursday after holding an impromptu press conference with reporters.

CPAC spokesman Ian Walters said Spencer purchased his ticket and that his money had been refunded. Walter called Spencer's views "repugnant."

Spencer popularized the term "alt-right" and has espoused racist and anti-Semitic views, calling for "peaceful ethnic cleansing." A video of him yelling "hail Trump" and saluting attendees at a conference in Washington, D.C. shortly after President Donald Trump's election went viral last year, though Spencer later claimed he was being "ironic."

After being removed, Spencer told NBC News that he believes the attendees at CPAC don't want to hear from the older speakers and said younger conservatives want to hear from people like him. Spencer repeated that he believes that race plays a major role in identity and said that whites were becoming a persecuted minority in America.

The racists are gonna eat each other.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Junkyard Poodle posted:

That girl wants the Cruz cummies, gross.

maybe she just really likes having spiders sprayed onto her

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
https://twitter.com/postpolitics/status/834818158120800260

"military operation"

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

SpaceGoku posted:

ted cruz is the only senator where it's obvious he has never slept with his spouse

ted cruz loves soup more than his spouse

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Tonetta posted:

Hi thread whoin are we punching today

People who are wrong about Blade Runner.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

jesus christ. a century later and the bolsheviks are still the boogie men, eh?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

CortezFantastic posted:

https://twitter.com/Mobute/status/834814338921852929

I'm trying to imagine the inner insanity of someone who wants to gently caress Ted Cruz and I can't even begin

idk seriao killers p often gey weird fans rigjt??

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

lmao every single day I become more and more sure this guy will not see year 2

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Watching this CPAC stream is crazy. It's wall-to-wall pure-strain Conservative bullshit.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

gonna come out and admit that i literally cannot sit through whichever cut of bladerunner but i can sit through the thought processes required to begin to understand that scene

also ej olmos, i can sit through him all day

mormonpartyboat posted:

i read this as baby bikers, selling shrimp on the road

1% patches stitched with gold

one saddlebag full of seafood, the other full of diapers and pacifiers

f*ck yeah, let's child biker our way to a great america

Serf
May 5, 2011

not really tho

idiots like spencer have always served as a useful scapegoat for racists. they can kick them around and say "hey, we're not racist. look how we treated the open racist" while doing their racisms with no complaints

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

ted cruz loves soup more than his spouse

It's not his fault; his species ordinarily spawns in viscous saline pools.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Totally believable that the plan to deploy the National Guard did/is not getting serious consideration..

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

new kind of cat posted:

I guess "cultural marxism" just doesn't get people as riled up as it did a few years ago

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Says increasingly nervous man for 86th time

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

yep that one got me, i'm triggered

since loving when is it a good thing that you're conducting domestic military operations you living glass of tang

how is that a good thing

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

This lady just blasted a bill in Ottawa that would outlaw "Islamophobia". I have it in quotes here, because she used air quotes.

Serf
May 5, 2011

spencer knows his role in all this is to be a shiny lure for the opposition to chase around while the real work gets done

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

i love this dickhole's obsession with "fairness" when he's spent his entire life cheating and ripping people off.

i hope a brain slug drinks his cerebral fluids, loving hell

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

new kind of cat posted:

They were the ones to finally knock French Revolutionaries off as #1 boogiemen for hidebound reactionaries, so I'm not that surprised they've held on this long.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Serf
May 5, 2011

Intel&Sebastian posted:

lmao

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Intel&Sebastian posted:

wheb he has his massive heary attack ill schadenfteude hard atthe wildeyrd scteams that its murder and not tge most predictable outcome fora fat old man w a strsssfyl job and twrrible diet

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

i, donald j, trump, am obsessed with the concept of fairness*, because i, am, a literal, child,

*eta: my warped view thereof

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
https://twitter.com/MiamiNewTimes/status/834826409117757440

Run run rubio

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Inspector Hound posted:

Says increasingly nervous man for 86th time

Also v. true

but hope springs eternal

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

SpaceGoku posted:

I guess "cultural marxism" just doesn't get people as riled up as it did a few years ago

lol its funny that beneath the poo poo crust of their idealogy, it just boils down to them not wanting to be kind to other people.

like little lovely children who want their pillow fort and no one else is allowed inside.

HUMANS

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

he keeps hearing people yell "posse comentakeus" and accepts the challenge

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

its me, i am the wahhabi bolshevik

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Junkyard Poodle posted:

Oscar the grouch

p sure baloogan's already on the schedule

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Captain_Maclaine posted:

They were the ones to finally knock French Revolutionaries off as #1 boogiemen for hidebound reactionaries, so I'm not that surprised they've held on this long.

i hope people like this have fever dreams every night of being a russian in 1914. COMMUNISM. COMMUNITY. THESE ARE THE TIHNGS I FEAR

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

Pead posted:

Nah, he had a pillowcase over the top of his head, but that wasn't the cause of death. A likely explaination is that he had several pillows under and around his head to support is so his apnea didn't bother him and one of them shifted when he died.

edit:
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2016/02/23/official-cause-of-death-for-antonin-scalia-released

also, it would take a massive coverup in a pro-gop area of government to hide the murder of one of their own at a time when his death caused the gop a lot of problems politically.

scalia was murdered by the GOP at a GOP stronghold in a GOP donor's camp because it was necessary to ignite the GOP base who otherwise would have been spectacularly depressed by a slate of candidates that included the physically disturbing theocrat Ted Cruz and the senile white nationalist Donald Trump

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Coolguye posted:

yep that one got me, i'm triggered

since loving when is it a good thing that you're conducting domestic military operations you living glass of tang

how is that a good thing

how else is he going to fill the 15k open CBP positions?

• Locked thread