Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamEyeAm
Jun 6, 2013

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
How can I play now?

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Well, my carefully assembled exporer ship got blasted apart. Was on the ground exploring and saw it moving! Respawned back to the ship, which makes bullets go away (?). Hung on the keel as I tried to craft, he eventually set off explosives, killed the lift and the ship crashed on the ledge of an island. Was going about recovery when poo poo started blowing up. Shelling from a big metal ship.

So, how do you low jack poo poo in this game?

Edit: I've also applied for SDFG membership

Platonicsolid fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Feb 11, 2017

Atarch
Feb 11, 2017

Spoopy Ghost
This actually looks pretty interesting, kind of a more open Guns of Icarus-esque game.

How's it coming along in the beta?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
beta's buggy as poo poo but extremely loving fun nonetheless

using the grappling hook and glider without lag is the platonic ideal of joy

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost
I have a single playtest key for the splatoon/tony hawk/rocket league game Bossa is working on. It's running from today until Tuesday. PM me if you're into sick poo poo 720° pop shove it darkside rail grinds and/or bob ross.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

:yeah:

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Many good things in the stream today which was a preview of 6.0 alpha. Check discord for specifics. New alpha invites will come with this as well. ETA soonish likely 3/1 from what was said about it being in the final stages for bug fixing.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

forge posted:

Many good things in the stream today which was a preview of 6.0 alpha. Check discord for specifics. New alpha invites will come with this as well. ETA soonish likely 3/1 from what was said about it being in the final stages for bug fixing.

Invites supposedly go out march 2nd

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Applied for the alliance. I'm good at falling to my death in games, so this looks like it will play to my strengths.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
No 6.0 this weekend. Steam keys go out next week which will also likely be the start of 6.0 on Wed/Fri. HYPED

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
I need a key, pleeeeease... I really don't want to play Albion. Help me goons, you're my only hope.

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010
Meeeee toooooooooo. All I've ever wanted from a game is to be a sky pirate. This is like a dream come true.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

forge posted:

No 6.0 this weekend. Steam keys go out next week which will also likely be the start of 6.0 on Wed/Fri. HYPED

Seen. Felt. Calm.

icehewk
Jul 7, 2003

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Applied for Alliance

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Far as I know, alliances don't actually do anything ingame yet. Alpha 5 also had a funny bug where the interface told every single player they were in our alliance.

Discord link is here: https://discord.gg/7cbMuVe

Jackard fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Mar 6, 2017

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Alliance leadership was passed on to me just now - anyone wanting to join that, I can accept your invite.

https://www.worldsadrift.com/alliances/slam-whales/

It uses their official forums instead of Steam, so post your account name here or on Discord.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Mar 7, 2017

forge
Feb 26, 2006
[6:54 AM] Bossa Oli: If all goes well, we should have a release date for the next alpha test 6.0 at some point this week.
[6:54 AM] Bossa Oli: Getting there :smiley:

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Verify Me Boss Hog

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Applied under name Elmon. I'm a sucker for trying almost every mmo.

Elmon fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Mar 10, 2017

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Got you in the alliance, but right now that's just for show. We group up through Discord.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Mar 10, 2017

forge
Feb 26, 2006
from the worlds adrift twitter "6.0 will be announced later than expected to fix extra bugs"

Also this:
https://www.worldsadrift.com/forums/topic/the-skies-ahead-of-us/

Piglet
Jan 22, 2002

Zub! Zub!
Looks worth a try anyway. Applied to Alliance as Cunk

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Edit: Nevermind, I'm already in the alliance.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

************ Alpha Status ************
Current: 5.3 (in progress)
Upcoming: 6.0 (not started)

Alpha 6 start date not yet released.
Alpha 6 keys not sent out yet.

Alpha will run until Closed Beta. (End of April)
Closed Beta done via Steam Early Access.
Beta will run about 3-4 months
Public Early Access phase will follow Beta.

:chloe:

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

In Discord with same username as here.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Game looks right up my alley. Joined the discord with the same name on here.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Joined Discord with name Virtuoso to beg for keys ~~~~

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Got an email from WA for a survey about the game. Haven't been invited into a test yet so the survey was a quick one question.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Alpha 6 is out! https://www.worldsadrift.com/blog/worlds-adrift-6-0-live-full-patch-notes/

:siren: Respawns :siren:
Player respawns now have timers, random respawn is 2 per day and keeps you within the current zone, and you lose your personal reviver when respawning at any island. Don't use these up before joining a group!

Changes
They added progression to worldgen. The world is split by weatherwalls into four biomes with different rewards. There is a sandstorm now.
They added upgrades and new restrictions to shipbuilding.
They replaced health regen with a cooking system. Harvest trees and animals for the new food.
You can climb everything except buggy poo poo like stairs and certain ship parts. Press Q to grab a nearby surface and WASD to move around.
You can combine different quality resources.
You need to restart the client every few hours to get rid of island loading lag.
I'm hearing that falling damage is more severe.
Junk left on islands will decay.

:pilot:

Jackard fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Apr 6, 2017

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
The bugfixes look great. They pretty much addressed all the major issues.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
So they added the climbing from breath of the wild.

Cool

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
And I guess the food = healing system to a lesser extent.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Hard to tell if thats good. Can be irritating but that and the respawn timer makes pvp feel more meaningful.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
When you first login the loading is very minimal. So at least it seems they will someday be able to solve that. You also don't get thrown around nearly as much on the ships. So all good stuff so far.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

First balance patch https://www.worldsadrift.com/forums/topic/alpha-6-balance-changes-7th-april/

Good
– Faster metal respawn
– Metal nodes increased and yields doubled
– Reduced screen shake

Bad
– More islands have respawners

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
I haven't had a chance to log in yet. How common were the respawners this time?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

I'm away for a few days and unable to check but before the patch there seemed to be a reasonable number of spawners - they just forgot or didn't consider tying them to islands with abundant resources, so players were ending up stranded.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

forge posted:

if you played in the previous alpha, do you need a new invite?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Then you'd already be in, but they won't send more friend keys.