Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost
Just chiming in to say I absolutely appreciate the praise you guys are heaping on me, but not to forget the rest of the Stellaris team. A game is not a one-man endeavour, and the reason I've been able to do so many of the things I wanted to do for Utopia/Banks is because I have a really good team full of creative people who make a lot of 'on the ground' decisions. For example, LordMune, who posts in this very thread, is basically the reason why our content design runs as smoothly as it does (and that's not even mentioning the actual content he's made for the game). I know I'm the visible face of Stellaris, but the team deserve their part of the credit too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug
The stellaris team has the hive mind ethic so really it's simpler to just credit you.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Well congrats to the whole team then on what looks like is shaping up to be an incredible update.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Chief Savage Man posted:

The stellaris team has the hive mind ethic so really it's simpler to just credit you.

Also this obviously.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Your team has me excited to play this expansion Wiz, tell them to keep up the great work!

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

Buy the rest of the team accounts here.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Swedish Horror posted:

Buy the rest of the team accounts here.

Dammit we want to be nice to them you git!

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Wiz posted:

Just chiming in to say I absolutely appreciate the praise you guys are heaping on me, but not to forget the rest of the Stellaris team. A game is not a one-man endeavour, and the reason I've been able to do so many of the things I wanted to do for Utopia/Banks is because I have a really good team full of creative people who make a lot of 'on the ground' decisions. For example, LordMune, who posts in this very thread, is basically the reason why our content design runs as smoothly as it does (and that's not even mentioning the actual content he's made for the game). I know I'm the visible face of Stellaris, but the team deserve their part of the credit too.

Need to find that quote from some gaming website that said something like:

quote:

"It's ridiculous to give so much credit to one individual when game creation is so much of a team effort," said Warren Spector, the creator of System Shock and Deus Ex."

:ughh:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I remember that, it was very funny.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Wiz posted:

Order your subordinates to make accounts and post here so we can harass make suggestions to them personally.

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

CommissarMega posted:

Dammit we want to be nice to them you git!

Team members who are slacking should get sent to check on this thread as punishment.

I think that may count as 'cruel and unusual' though.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I like Mune, he's good and nice. Every time I skip an event or only skim the text I feel like I owe him an apology.

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Feb 23, 2017

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

The rest of the team can have credit when they have SA accounts. Suffer as we have.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Fintilgin posted:

Need to find that quote from some gaming website that said something like:

:ughh:

Here you go:

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Wiz posted:

I get that but you're sort of the face. I'm sure they're very good too but other than Mune, Doomdark and DarkRenown we don't hear from them as much!

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Taear posted:

I get that but you're sort of the face. I'm sure they're very good too but other than Mune, Doomdark and DarkRenown we don't hear from them as much!

Unfortunate that everyone doesn't want to come to our dead gay comedy forum and partake in our discussions about ethics in video games.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Wiz posted:

Lord Mune is a cool dude.

Personally I think the problem is that your team don't post here as much as you do. Personally I have always assumed that's because as The Boss you get to "delegate" a lot while everyone else does the work :smug:

Seriously though, the obvious solution is to get the rest of the Stellaris team to post here more and we can worship/bug them too.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Kitchner posted:

Lord Mune is a cool dude.

Personally I think the problem is that your team don't post here as much as you do. Personally I have always assumed that's because as The Boss you get to "delegate" a lot while everyone else does the work :smug:

Seriously though, the obvious solution is to get the rest of the Stellaris team to post here more and we can worship/bug them too.

I'm not expecting you guys to keep track of the whole team and give them all properly apportioned shoutouts and I absolutely do appreciate the credit. I sometimes just like to remind people that while I am responsible for overall direction and design I am not the sole creative force working on Stellaris.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I'm fine with the rest of the team enjoying their lives and working on the game and not being subjecting to our spergin' and 10 page semantic arguments.
I'm often curious who's doing what though. In your dev diaries and here I know I'd enjoy if you toss a few names here and there when talking about a feature. Like "here's some of the new government descriptions, lordmune wrote up some new intros and descriptions for them." or "Here's the new interface screen for this feature, so and so decided it needed a re-design and it's turned out great".

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Feb 23, 2017

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Unfortunate that everyone doesn't want to come to our dead gay comedy forum and partake in our discussions about ethics in video games.

Yea, I mean...on Stellaris launch day I can't say I would blame most of them for not wanting to weather the nonstop arguments about fictional politics in a space vidya gaem.

So thanks to not just Wiz but all Pdox game devs that bother to remember this dead gay comedy forum and even the ones that don't and do a very good job. Most devs wouldn't go through half the effort to interact, take and integrate feedback of their audience, or would usually prefer to filter it through 3rd parties to the point where things would be lost in the translation, and it absolutely shows in your games getting steadily better through the years in, really, every case I've played so far.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Milky Moor posted:

Captain Janeway never gave a single gently caress and it's the best part of her character.

The cannon end for Janeway is she was actually arrested by the temporal starfleet dudes andprisonced to prison in the 21st century for her crimes.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Wiz posted:

I am not the sole creative force working on Stellaris.

Thank god. If you were I'd have to wait to play Utopia EVEN LONGER THEN I ALREADY DO. :mad:

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

CrazyLoon posted:

Yea, I mean...on Stellaris launch day I can't say I would blame most of them for not wanting to weather the nonstop arguments about fictional politics in a space vidya gaem.

So thanks to not just Wiz but all Pdox game devs that bother to remember this dead gay comedy forum and even the ones that don't and do a very good job. Most devs wouldn't go through half the effort to interact, take and integrate feedback of their audience, or would usually prefer to filter it through 3rd parties to the point where things would be lost in the translation, and it absolutely shows in your games getting steadily better through the years in, really, every case I've played so far.

It's funny that the time I got this custom title was when games from Paradox were absolute trash and crashed constantly. And somehow in that time they've gone from being the byword for "lovely releases" to being the company they compare Firaxis to, saying how poo poo Firaxis is in comparison.

quote:

Thank god. If you were I'd have to wait to play Utopia EVEN LONGER THEN I ALREADY DO.
Than. Come on.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Fintilgin posted:

Thank god. If you were I'd have to wait to play Utopia EVEN LONGER THEN I ALREADY DO. :mad:

This is true. Now if you excuse me, I have a federation of angry plantoids to fend off in my current Utopia game.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

CrazyLoon posted:

Yeah well if they're so great and responsive where's my Victoria III? :colbert:

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Wiz posted:

This is true. Now if you excuse me, I have a federation of angry plantoids to fend off in my current Utopia game.
Ah yes, the great salad wars.

Kilravock
Jan 27, 2006

We are the hollow men

Mister Adequate posted:

Yeah well if they're so great and responsive where's my Victoria III? :colbert:

Looks like Wiz's Stellaris is going to be your Vic3.

Wiz is the point man for Stellaris so he gets the attention, good and bad. Doesn't mean we don't acknowledge and thank the hard work the team has done on Stellaris, and their work on Paradox's other projects. If not we would not be shoveling money at them for years on end.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Ah yes, the great salad wars.

For some reason, they're upset about me annexing and enslaving their space elf allies.

Elves and plants man, elves and plants.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
bless ya'll. just thinking about how huge this exp. is gonna be and then thinking about what this game is gonna look like 2-3 years from now... it's gonna be the amazing all-encompassing sci-fi sim that my little child brain imagined back when I first played Master of Orion. keep up the good work.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

uber_stoat posted:

bless ya'll. just thinking about how huge this exp. is gonna be and then thinking about what this game is gonna look like 2-3 years from now... it's gonna be the amazing all-encompassing sci-fi sim that my little child brain imagined back when I first played Master of Orion. keep up the good work.

Yeah. Not to put too much weight of expectation behind it, but if Stellaris continues to get expansions of this apparent quality, it may be the last game I ever need to buy (not that that will stop me). This is why I wasn't too worried when the game was a little flat at launch.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

You know the only problem is that every time I poke my head in here it's always about how cool the NEXT update is going to be.....which pretty much kills my desire to play the game right NOW. :sigh:

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

jng2058 posted:

You know the only problem is that every time I poke my head in here it's always about how cool the NEXT update is going to be.....which pretty much kills my desire to play the game right NOW. :sigh:

Try the Star Trek mod. It's surprisingly functional and pretty different from the base game.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Wiz posted:

For some reason, they're upset about me annexing and enslaving their space elf allies.

Eat them both :colbert:

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

jng2058 posted:

This is how I've been with EUIV for ages.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Try the Star Trek mod. It's surprisingly functional and pretty different from the base game.

It will probably be better when they release the Utopia version of it though.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Wiz posted:

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

*writes furious steam review*

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Final number confirmed.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
Seems fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

Wiz posted:

For example, LordMune, who posts in this very thread,