Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I use my devices pretty hard and I still get 4h+ screen on time with my Pixel XL and day and a half on my ZW3 (ambient on, raise to wake on, gestures off)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

hooah posted:

Man, I must have bad luck with batteries, or I use my devices a lot harder than most people. I have to charge my regular Pixel midday, and my 360/2 is usually around 30% at the end of the day (14 hours).

After a day at work my Pixel XL is usually above 70% as well. I use the horizon live wallpaper and I've never seen it in any state except what it looks like when it's fully charged. On the flip side of the coin, I've actually seen the sun set on my girlfriend's Pixel so yeah, I guess some people use their phones more than others.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
How does everyone like their ZW3? All the new watches look dumb and although I'd love NFC Android Pay will never come to Canada.

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

These pipes are cleeeean!!!
I really like my ZW3 but I wish there were better bands. People have been modifying regular ones with success. The only thing I wish it had was GPS as Android Pay isn't coming to Germany anytime soon.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
You can get the LG Style for $25 off at bestbuy today with visa checkout.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

How does everyone like their ZW3? All the new watches look dumb and although I'd love NFC Android Pay will never come to Canada.

It's great, and looks far more stylish and "cool" compared to the vast majority of smartwatches. I get a lot of compliments!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I think I like the look of the Verizon watch the most of the recent models but really I just want a Moto 360 3rd gen

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Len posted:

I think I like the look of the Verizon watch the most of the recent models but really I just want a Moto 360 3rd gen

Preach it, brother.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Got an LG style from bestbuy, pretty good so far. Stores show no stock but have them in stock, atleast mine did.

They even gave me $25 off to match the visa checkout promo.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Sony confirms: no Android Wear 2.0 for SmartWatch 3
http://www.xperiablog.net/2017/02/15/sony-confirms-no-android-wear-2-0-for-smartwatch-3/

That's a shame, it's been a really fantastic watch. I doubt it was a hot seller, though.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Rastor posted:

Sony confirms: no Android Wear 2.0 for SmartWatch 3
http://www.xperiablog.net/2017/02/15/sony-confirms-no-android-wear-2-0-for-smartwatch-3/

That's a shame, it's been a really fantastic watch. I doubt it was a hot seller, though.

While I love my SW3, I can't say I'm very surprised.

There will be dozens of us angry at this revelation!!

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

Grabbed an LG Watch Style the other day from Best Buy. It's snappy as hell, but the battery life is seriously terrible compared to my original LG G Watch and Urbane. With modestly low use and screen always on, I'm at 10 percent or less battery at the end of the day. I recently gave up on samsung hardware (S7Active / Gear 3 Frontier) in favor of a Pixel and back to android wear. In non-thread applicable news I might have a Gear S2 Classic (ATT 3G) and Gear S3 Frontier for sale, soon.

Nerdrock fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Feb 23, 2017

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
Got a Zenwatch 3 and I've been getting insane compliments and man is the battery life amazing. So happy with it.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

Got a Zenwatch 3 and I've been getting insane compliments and man is the battery life amazing. So happy with it.

Agreed, it's superb and looks like a really nice fancy watch!

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Nerdrock posted:

Grabbed an LG Watch Style the other day from Best Buy. It's snappy as hell, but the battery life is seriously terrible compared to my original LG G Watch and Urbane. With modestly low use and screen always on, I'm at 10 percent or less battery at the end of the day. I recently gave up on samsung hardware (S7Active / Gear 3 Frontier) in favor of a Pixel and back to android wear. In non-thread applicable news I might have a Gear S2 Classic (ATT 3G) and Gear S3 Frontier for sale, soon.

I took my style back. Battery live was atrocious.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

Don Lapre posted:

I took my style back. Battery live was atrocious.

I'm considering it, and just ordering a Zenwatch 3 on Amazon. Now i'm just annoyed because BB is an hour drive away. I guess this will work out considering i'm kind of self-conscious about the Style and the tiny band making me look like i'm wearing a lady's watch.

Edit : gently caress it. pulled the trigger. Zenwatch 3 inbound from amazon, and the 'optional battery pack' inbound from BHPhoto. (no watch survives a full day at work AND 9 holes of golf afterwards)

Nerdrock fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Feb 23, 2017

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

When you can get a closeout moto360 2 for $50 than the LG Style, there seems like little reason to consider the LG.

It's a $175 smartwatch at best, not $250.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

[quote="Nerdrock" post="469706450"] and the 'optional battery pack' inbound from BHPhoto

Oh poo poo I just saw this came out and they had it in stock. Maybe I should pick up an extra strap too, this leather one looks nice but doesn't seem very durable nor high quality.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. Bertrand Russell

Huatch 2

more

includes cellular connectivity

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Nerdrock posted:

Edit : gently caress it. pulled the trigger. Zenwatch 3 inbound from amazon, and the 'optional battery pack' inbound from BHPhoto. (no watch survives a full day at work AND 9 holes of golf afterwards)

My Zenwatch 2 will reliably give me two full days. It'll generally be in battery save mode by the morning of the third day but the first two are never an issue.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Yeah, when I go out after work it's still good on battery. So I take my ZW3 off the charger at 8am or so, and get home at 10-11pm, and it's low but still good.

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Have you figured it out yet?
Those Huawei watches are... Kinda ugly, or at least that's my knee jerk reaction. I'll wait for the proper "reveal" next week (and maybe some reviews?) but seeing as y'all are pining over the ZW3 I may pick that up instead. It looks awfully sharp! Wouldn't mind LTE connectivity but I can live without it I guess.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Thermopyle posted:

Huatch 2

more

I was going to buy the LG Sport but assuming this has NFC support, similar size specs and is supported by AT&T NumberSync I'm all over this pending reviews. Bummer about the digital crown but yeah, I'm into this.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Feb 24, 2017

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend
In the market for a new watch, and considering the Gear S3. The little research I've done suggests that it's not going to play well with Google Fit without a 3rd app syncing it with S Health. Is that correct? I've never owned a Samsung phone, I currently have a Nexus 6P and the thought of having to go outside of Android Wear/Google Fit makes my nerd brain do backflips.

The ZenWatch 3 is also an option but it looks like there's at least two extra ZenWatch apps I'd need to download for the same functionality that I'd get from say the LG Sport that plays well with the Google apps out of the box. I guess my question is if needing all these other apps is a deal breaker for me is my only option one of the new LG's with mediocre to bad battery life?

E.T. NO HOMO fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Feb 24, 2017

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Thermopyle posted:

Huatch 2

more

Wow, these look like poo poo. My favorite is the one that looks like you accidentally left it on while painting a room. Talk about absolute trash.

ClassActionFursuit fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Feb 24, 2017

Good Canadian Boy
May 12, 2013

E.T. NO HOMO posted:

In the market for a new watch, and considering the Gear S3. The little research I've done suggests that it's not going to play well with Google Fit without a 3rd app syncing it with S Health. Is that correct? I've never owned a Samsung phone, I currently have a Nexus 6P and the thought of having to go outside of Android Wear/Google Fit makes my nerd brain do backflips.

The ZenWatch 3 is also an option but it looks like there's at least two extra ZenWatch apps I'd need to download for the same functionality that I'd get from say the LG Sport that plays well with the Google apps out of the box. I guess my question is if needing all these other apps is a deal breaker for me is my only option one of the new LG's with mediocre to bad battery life?

my gear s3 rules and I don't mind using s health

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I don't mind the look of the black Huatch 2 but still waiting for something to look nicer than my Urbane 2.

The lack of rotating crown is weird though. I assumed they'd all have that from now on.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.
I can also vouch for the Gear S3. Just really wish it had Google's voice recognition instead of S Voice. Other than that, the battery lasts for 2-3 days depending on your usage. The rotating bezel is the best control method of any smart watch out there.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

The Gear S3 is amazing for 90 percent of use cases, provided you don't care much about a good experience talking to the watch. S-Pay on it with the mag stripe tech on it makes you feel like a goddamn nerd wizard. Battery life is top notch too (at least on the Frontier). Only other minor complaint is only 3rd party google maps / nav integration. The little issues like those are what brought me from at first a "i can deal with these things because the device is otherwise so loving good" attitude to "gently caress it this thing is working against me and I hate it nothing is convenient" over the course of 6 months with Tizen.

The huatch 2 disappoints me greatly. But : personal preferences and whatnot.

Thanks to the few of you with ZenWatches for reinforcing my decision.

Nerdrock fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Feb 24, 2017

lostleaf
Jul 12, 2009
Did ZenWatch 3 update to 2.0 come out yet?

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

lostleaf posted:

Did ZenWatch 3 update to 2.0 come out yet?

Not for me

Kolos
Jul 19, 2009

Don Lapre posted:

You can get the LG Style for $25 off at bestbuy today with visa checkout.

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

E.T. NO HOMO posted:

ZW3 is also Android Wear just 1.5 instead of 2.0 (which is coming to it soonish). It integrates with Google Apps natively, Asus just has their Zenfit app that integrates with google fit but you can also use the Google Fit app directly instead and whatever other Google apps you want. The only app that I'd say you might need is the Zenwatch Manager.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

ZW3 apps are completely non intrusive and I forget I even have them installed sometimes.

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend

Ashex posted:

ZW3 is also Android Wear just 1.5 instead of 2.0 (which is coming to it soonish). It integrates with Google Apps natively, Asus just has their Zenfit app that integrates with google fit but you can also use the Google Fit app directly instead and whatever other Google apps you want. The only app that I'd say you might need is the Zenwatch Manager.

Thank you, I did look at the ZW3 but I'm not sure I can do the gold trim.

With the MWC going on are we bound to get some new watch announcements soon?

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007

Nope. Visa checkout deal is gone.

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

E.T. NO HOMO posted:

Thank you, I did look at the ZW3 but I'm not sure I can do the gold trim.

With the MWC going on are we bound to get some new watch announcements soon?

The gold trim looks really nice with the gunmetal color, I've gotten nothing but complements about the watch.

The Huawei Watch 2 will be showcased at MWC so I expect to hear about more smartwatches during it.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

Is there a way on the ZW3 to stop the system UI stuff from being tinted gold? gently caress off, Asus, give me stock android wear.

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Have you figured it out yet?
Huawei Watch 2 got announced proper. For those who, like me, were put off by the sporty design, they've made the Huawei Watch 2 Classic, a non-ugly version with all of the same features. GPS, HR Sensor, NFC. No LTE for us lowly yanks unless I'm misunderstanding what they mean by "international version only". Comes out in March in most markets, April in U.S. and others: https://www.cnet.com/products/huawei-watch-2/preview/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

BlackFrost posted:

Huawei Watch 2 got announced proper. For those who, like me, were put off by the sporty design, they've made the Huawei Watch 2 Classic, a non-ugly version with all of the same features. GPS, HR Sensor, NFC. No LTE for us lowly yanks unless I'm misunderstanding what they mean by "international version only". Comes out in March in most markets, April in U.S. and others: https://www.cnet.com/products/huawei-watch-2/preview/
The Classic is almost the perfect watch except no crown and why does it have numbers around the face? I don't use analogue watch faces which makes that look stupid. Will consider it though. My OG 360 now only lasts about four hours on the battery!