Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Nut to Butt posted:

earth to thread: blacks asked for the crack laws, and there are more white americans in poverty than black americans in total

ITT we pretend we don't know what proportions are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nut to Butt posted:

i think actually enforcing our immigration laws will do a lot more to stem the flow of illegal immigration because, let's face it, all those countries would be murderous rapeholes regardless of drug legalization in america.

Everything else aside you see how this is a hilariously racist statement, right?

Democrats selling out black people is a whole 'nother beast and I feel like people are already getting mad about the derail but I'll just say the issue is more complex than you are presenting it to be.

Also from your own link

quote:

1970. September-October. MAJOR FEDERAL DRUG WAR LEGISLATION PASSES. Three of the nation’s ten African American lawmakers vote in favor of Nixon’s Comprehensive Drug Abuse and Prevention Act, the first major piece of Federal legislation laying the groundwork for the national war on drugs.

lol yeah that's def "black people support the drug war" isn't it

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Feb 23, 2017

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
A lot of black violence is caused by gang/drug war poo poo. If you look at this homicide map of Chicago, you will note that the most murders take place close to expressways, the major shipping routes of drug distributors, and also lucrative sales spots (290 East/West being known as the Heroin Highway)

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

1971. March 25. The Congressional Black Caucus secures a closed-door sit-down meeting with President Nixon in the Cabinet Room. During the session, the group demands more action to stop the flow of narcotics into urban neighborhoods. Members acknowledge that they are risking their credibility meeting with Nixon. The session is secretly recorded by the President.

Or is that what you meant?

"Hey Nixon stop shipping crack the the ghetto wtf" -> "keep doing this drug war thanks" in your mind?

quote:

1972. March 10. National Black Convention held in Gary, Indiana. Despite turmoil, delegates issue statement of demands, including a call to eliminate the death penalty and “grant local community control” to court system and prisons.

Or that?

So far it doesn't sound like there is overwhelming black support for the federal drug war to me.

No it sounds more like the Dems just sold their black constituents out. No argument from me on that though.

quote:

it is when the congressional black caucus spends the vast majority of its history pushing the war on drugs and voting for those disproportionate sentencing laws

That seems blatantly false even going off solely just your own link.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Feb 23, 2017

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i realize this is all new to you, so youre excitedly cherrypicking the first things you read that dont sound like unanimous support, but please keep reading at least until you get to mandatory minimums and crack laws, the genesis of our discussion. i believe in you!

here's a hot tip to tide you over: crack wasn't a problem in 1971. anyways, im not gonna go point for point with you on this, buddy, because that would be a huge waste of my time since you dont know the history at all.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Jukebox Hero posted:

So we both agree that's you giving up and admitting I'm right and you're racist, yes?

This is me agreeing that you are a perpetual whiner.

Moridin920 posted:

Everything else aside you see how this is a hilariously racist statement, right?

Jesus christ do you not have any other cards to play?

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Feb 23, 2017

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nut to Butt posted:

i realize this is all new to you, so youre excitedly cherrypicking the first things you read that dont sound like unanimous support, but please keep reading at least until you get to mandatory minimums and crack laws, the genesis of our discussion. i believe in you!

here's a hot tip to tide you over: crack wasn't a problem in 1971. anyways, im not gonna go point for point with you on this, buddy, because that would be a huge waste of my time since you dont know the history at all.

I know the history I just don't accept your basic premise that just because some black people were sold a crock of bullshit as a solution to a problem they had the drug war isn't racist.

Black people are disproportionately put in jail for drug crimes that are hilariously strict in their sentencing. Drug crimes that are much better handled as a disease rather than as something that needs to be punished. Then they are worked for wages unheard of since before 1940 to the benefit of large corporations like AT&T and to the detriment of the average taxpaying law abiding citizen.

If that's acceptable to you because in the 70s the black caucasus thought the Drug War policies weren't going to be ridiculously moronic in their implementation then you're a dumbass.

You also just swept aside my lol of you saying "those countries would just be rape shitholes no matter what" because you're just a racist, apparently, and you think white people for some reason are just better because they commit less crimes. Just say it dude.

Fog Tripper posted:

This is me agreeing that you are a perpetual whiner.

drat those whiners, whining about stupid things like unfair justice systems or detrimental drug policies! drat themmmmm!

Fog Tripper posted:

Are you ignoring the point about how the average law abiding tax paying citizen is harmed because they have to compete with those prison wages or..... what?

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Fog Tripper posted:

well i mean, they tried to play cards, but instead of picking up a hand, you sort of jumped on the table and poo poo in the center of it

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It really is just amazing to me that you see the situation of AT&T, a major multibillion dollar corporation, paying workers $2/day to staff their call centers and you go "welp lol that's what they get!" while on the other hand bleating about illegal immigrants stealing jobs.

Like drat bro that's just stupid and hypocritical, all racism stuff aside.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Oh man I missed this back then hahah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye6izexFkN4

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Moridin920 posted:

while on the other hand bleating about illegal immigrants stealing jobs.

Like drat bro that's just stupid and hypocritical, all racism stuff aside.

Where exactly did I do this?

You are really flailing more that usual today. All racism stuff aside of course.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fog Tripper posted:

You are really flailing more that usual today. All racism stuff aside of course.

I'm referring to the GOP in general. See my original comment that started this which was "lol at republicans never mentioning cheap prison labor ever but talking about outsourcing constantly."

I said the work isn't even good skill building work and someone else mentioned that prisoners in GA are picking cotton. Then I said "lol come a long way in 150 years huh?" and you guys got all in a tizzy about insisting the drug war isn't racist actually.

I don't know all your political opinions or views and at this point you're just doing some 'gotcha' dumb poo poo. What's your point exactly then if you don't disagree with the basic premise of "cheap prison labor is not good for us?" Just wanna huff about some whiny liberals or what?

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Feb 23, 2017

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Oh man, that's great. Can't fool that anchor, no siree!

What a shitshow.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
you read r/the_donald, i see

hows that working out for you

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Fog Tripper posted:

puppet mastered

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Kjoery posted:

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
I don't read r/the_donald but Donald Trump is the president so they must be happy about that!

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Poetic Justice posted:

p good thanks

also, in response to the video, is an old friend of an anchor being part of a protest really that hard to believe? cnn interviews a whooole lotta people; the probability that you'll end up running into someone you know is probably decent

i mean, it could be a plant, i guess, because media's lovely like that (and CNN isn't a very good news network to begin with), but immediately jumping to conspiracy seems a bit sensational

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Kjoery posted:

p good thanks

also, in response to the video, is an old friend of an anchor being part of a protest really that hard to believe? cnn interviews a whooole lotta people; the probability that you'll end up running into someone you know is probably decent

i mean, it could be a plant, i guess, because media's lovely like that (and CNN isn't a very good news network to begin with), but immediately jumping to conspiracy seems a bit sensational

He was the CNN anchor's cameraman when they went to Africa.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Poetic Justice posted:

He was the CNN anchor's cameraman when they went to Africa.
im glad you edited that in there. now edit in the "when he used to live there" - indicating the past, and then maybe prove that he was ever employed by CNN (it is possible for a journalist to do documentaries independently), and if he was employed back then, if he still is today

vvvv im glad that was your takeaway from this post, also sorry if you didnt; i saw that extra bit of text suddenly jump in there after a refresh, might've been a brain glitch

crime weed fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Feb 23, 2017

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Kjoery posted:

im glad you edited that in there. now edit in the "when he used to live there" - indicating the past, and then maybe prove that he was ever employed by CNN (it is possible for a journalist to do documentaries independently), and if he was employed back then, if he still is today

I didn't edit that in there.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
And who cares it's funny

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Kjoery posted:

p good thanks

So as a journalist, out of thousands of protesters you decide to interview your coworker. Sounds legit.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i am the founder of r/the_donald AMA

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

thathonkey posted:

i am the founder of r/the_donald AMA

Who's your favorite fascist dictator?

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

So as a journalist, out of thousands of protesters you decide to interview your coworker. Sounds legit.
i dont think you've proven that that person is a co-worker, though. currently, it was just some guy the anchor knew from a while ago.

you've drunk too much of the kool aid dude.

Poetic Justice posted:

And who cares it's funny
nice save

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Kjoery posted:

i dont think you've proven that that person is a co-worker, though. currently, it was just some guy the anchor knew from a while ago.

you've drunk too much of the kool aid dude.

nice save

Save from what? You obviously aren't good at interpreting human language and how the anchor says what he says makes it pretty objectively clear to anyone watching it. And it's funny.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Poetic Justice posted:

Save from what? You obviously aren't good at interpreting human language and how the anchor says what he says makes it pretty clear to anyone watching it objectively. And it's funny.
the video is funny if you believe there to be a conspiracy, certainly

otherwise its just some guy talking about an old friend he used to work with in some capacity

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Kjoery posted:

Kjoery posted:

the video is funny if you believe there to be a conspiracy, certainly

otherwise its just some guy talking about an old friend he used to work with in some capacity

Keep trying there buddy! You'll make it one day

The guy is not an ex-coworker, just a guy he used to work with

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i don't understandthe point are people whov worked for CNN not allowed to protest was he actually filming the protest for cnn but they pretended he was a protesroe was there no actual protest just that guy who wasn't actually a protestor ?!???

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
The funny part is when the anchor says "That's John so and so" and the interviewer looks down sheepishly, mutters under his breath "right", and is obviously uncomfortable and embarrassed.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Toadvine posted:

Do you think every white person who gets called racist actually is racist? Have you read The Boy Who Cried Wolf?

most white people are racist. all racism isn't conscious. if say you post "blue lives matter" or "all lives matter" on fbook you're racist even if you don't think blacks are subhuman mongrels or whatever dick spencer shits out.

also the drug war is objectively racist how do you morons argue otherwise.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Feb 23, 2017

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
CNN rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k31UgQiJQ1o

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Groovelord Neato posted:

if say you post "blue lives matter" or "all lives matter" on fbook you're racist

lol

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Groovelord Neato posted:

Naw, it's class warfare, African-Americans are just in epicenter of it.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

?

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Black Lives Matter totally did what it was supposed to do - splinter the Anti-Police sentiment in America along racial lines to turn everyone on each other instead of Citizens vs Police.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

how are you so loving stupid.

a bone to pick posted:

holy poo poo lol

i ask the same.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Feb 23, 2017

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Groovelord Neato posted:

most white people are racist. all racism isn't conscious. if say you post "blue lives matter" or "all lives matter" on fbook you're racist even if you don't think blacks are subhuman mongrels or whatever dick spencer shits out.

holy poo poo lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

JB50 posted:

Liberals have removed any weight the word racist had by overusing it. Now youre working on nazi.

Great job!

Groovelord Neato posted:

• Locked thread