Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Samurai Sanders posted:

I felt that way about Z3 too. Quite a few units' animations, and mostly the originals, are hard to track visually because they have so few frames for some high speed movement. I figured it was just a memory or something issue because it has to run on the Vita too.

Soon the Vita will be dead and hopefully it will mean the problem is neither here nor there.

Really shouldn't be a hardware problem. That one video upthread is really rough though, I've never seen it that bad. I'll probably pick the other upgrade even if it's simpler in animations, at least they have more animation frames.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Raxivace posted:

My copy has arrived!

And drat when they said it was coming at 10:30 AM they meant it.

Seriously, they were right on the dot at 10:30 exactly. It's like the only time one of those estimates has ever been right for me.

Now to power through seven more hours of work until I get to play it :negative:

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
My copy won't be here for a while due to economy shipping, but I think I'm already picking out some units to focus on upgrading: Chitose's Vangray, the Mazinger bros, and the non-Gundam Battleships (and possibly like Mother Vanguard if that's there too). Really excited for SRW Battleships.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Ashsaber posted:

Really excited for SRW Battleships.

Boy, did you pick the right game.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Ashsaber posted:

My copy won't be here for a while due to economy shipping, but I think I'm already picking out some units to focus on upgrading: Chitose's Vangray, the Mazinger bros, and the non-Gundam Battleships (and possibly like Mother Vanguard if that's there too). Really excited for SRW Battleships.

I don't think the Mother Vanguard is in, but just looking at the series even without it there's like 10 battleships. It's ridiculous.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
How is the DLC? They are just more stages with rewards, right? I'm debating buying a PSN card to get them with. Who is a good source other than Play Asia for that?

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Levantine posted:

How is the DLC? They are just more stages with rewards, right? I'm debating buying a PSN card to get them with. Who is a good source other than Play Asia for that?

Basically, though they do have a few nice moments, like one which has two Feddies thank Kappei since Zambot 3 saved them during the Gaizock fight.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Caphi posted:

Boy, did you pick the right game.

Given that my previous SRW experience is OG2 and MD which have battleships best used for repair and resupply in my experience, and J which features the Goofus and Gallant of ships, having something like the Yamato which can be like legit the center of your formation and the Nadesico makes me quite happy. The only kinda downer for me is that we probably won't see an unexpected appearance by the Valstork.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Levantine posted:

Well, I was about to say Offgamers who are running a promo that brings a $50 SGD card down to $37 USD (which is actually pretty close to a direct exchange rate) and is where I got mine.

But then I looked, and they're out of stock. Oh well.

You apparently get some pretty OP parts for getting the full DLC bundle (40 SGD), but eeeeeh.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

ImpAtom posted:

No idea where she got that clothing there though. Maybe the tiny tie factory survived the apocalypse.

The factory used to make full sized ties, but after the bombings this is the best they can do.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Can I also just say how much I love that the Gamilas are like "are we having trouble with humans? Seriously? Their civilization thinks giant robots are a good design for space weaponry."

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.
Okay, this translation is great. They translated "Kono Haran Banjo" as "I am Haran. Banjo Haran." This translation is great and I forgive all the flaws.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Caphi posted:

Can I also just say how much I love that the Gamilas are like "are we having trouble with humans? Seriously? Their civilization thinks giant robots are a good design for space weaponry."

They put a surprising amount of work into Yamato's integration in the story and setting(especially since in the initial setting Crossbone is the only other show natively around and they bring up fairly often that barely anything is left from that series on a technology aspect due to the Gamilas attacks), makes sense though considering how it's Yamato's debut and how beloved a franchise it is

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Play-Asia was really fast with the shipping, faster than I remember. My physical copy with the $$$ shipping got here this morning, so pretty much maybe like 1.5 days to get here.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I'm a tiny bit disappointed in the crossover being a many-worlds thing but the worlds are all right and if the alternative is "everything happening all at once, somehow" I guess I'll take it. And combining Nadesico and Might Gaine into a "corporate mecha" world is actually inspired.

I kind of like Nine but it's another situation where I feel like she'd be kind of dull if you had a regular dude MC? I like how the magazines were all like "who is this mysterious girl and what is her connection to the Vangray?" and actually she just shows up and introduces herself.

I was going to be disappointed if she was not introduced in chapter 9.

Caphi fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Feb 23, 2017

KoB
May 1, 2009

Caphi posted:

I'm a tiny bit disappointed in the crossover being a many-worlds thing but the worlds are all right and if the alternative is "everything happening all at once, somehow" I guess I'll take it. And combining Nadesico and Might Gaine into a "corporate mecha" world is actually inspired.

Yeah, going with alternate dimension stuff a 2nd time is kinda lame but I get that its just not possible to mash up certain series and have it make any semblance of sense.

It was easier when 95% of shows were just "earth, but with robots and aliens attack i guess"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I don't mind it so much because while you have alternate worlds they're still crazy-rear end crossover mashup worlds instead of kind of self-contained worlds that happened as normal.

You get to corporate world and it's like "yeah poo poo two whole SRW games happened offscreen here."

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

ImpAtom posted:

You get to corporate world and it's like "yeah poo poo two whole SRW games happened offscreen here."

Two anime series happened here, let's not get crazy.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Caphi posted:

Two anime series happened here, let's not get crazy.

Four. Four series happened.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Inferno-sama posted:

Four. Four series happened.

Am I missing something or just not far enough into it? Nadesico the series has already happened, Might Gaine is just getting started, and there's something about information control and a lost continent that I vaguely assume is Cross Ange-related.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Caphi posted:

Am I missing something or just not far enough into it? Nadesico the series has already happened, Might Gaine is just getting started, and there's something about information control and a lost continent that I vaguely assume is Cross Ange-related.

The corporate world also contains Gundam SEED and Gundam 00 as well as Zambot and IIRC Daitarn. You get an infodump on their history which amounts to "SEED/00S1/Nadesico happened at the same time, as did Destiny/00S2/Zambot"

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

ImpAtom posted:

The corporate world also contains Gundam SEED and Gundam 00 as well as Zambot and IIRC Daitan. You get an infodump on their history which amounts to "SEED/00S1/Nadesico happened at the same time, as did Destiny/00S2/Zambot"

Oh, I forgot about the genetic manipulation part which I thought was SEED and then immediately forgot about, but I didn't remember 00 or Zambot. It doesn't really help that they describe it in vaguer terms than the usual opening scrolls.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

ImpAtom posted:

The corporate world also contains Gundam SEED and Gundam 00 as well as Zambot and IIRC Daitarn. You get an infodump on their history which amounts to "SEED/00S1/Nadesico happened at the same time, as did Destiny/00S2/Zambot"

Right, that makes six series then, since Daitarn is also post plot.

Edit: Or seven, if you count 00S1 and 00S2 separate.

Inferno-sama fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Feb 23, 2017

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Caphi posted:

I kind of like Nine but it's another situation where I feel like she'd be kind of dull if you had a regular dude MC? I like how the magazines were all like "who is this mysterious girl and what is her connection to the Vangray?" and actually she just shows up and introduces herself.

I was going to be disappointed if she was not introduced in chapter 9.

While I think of it, is it System Kyukyu in Japanese? Or is it Nine Nine?

KoB
May 1, 2009
Got Sestuna and Tieria last night, man I really dont like the Movie designs for 00. Kinda sucks that these will probably be the Endless Waltz versions that appear in everything instead of the TV versions.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

EthanSteele posted:

While I think of it, is it System Kyukyu in Japanese? Or is it Nine Nine?

Nine-Nine.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Since ACES was asking about them, have some Fat Bottomed Girls Gundams, buddy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G9GnUh7JE8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9EPD3IqwgA

Penelope is the second video.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Is it safe to assume that once again Amuro and players are screwed out of a Hi-Nu Gundam upgrade and he's once again relegated to perma Nu pilot only?

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Revolver Bunker posted:

Is it safe to assume that once again Amuro and players are screwed out of a Hi-Nu Gundam upgrade and he's once again relegated to perma Nu pilot only?

That's what I'm betting on, though I'm only about half way through the game, so they might surprise me yet.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

quick cross ange questions for the people playing along at home:

any sign of playable tusk
who exactly is playable, actually

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Emperor Mazinger:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACC-Rhtf3DU

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Endorph posted:

There was a route split which was stay with the Cross Ange lot or go back to Japan, and I went back to Japan. After the route split, everyone had a meet up and Ange mentioned Tusk in her thoughts, so he was in the route split, though I don't know if he was playable. As for who is, there's Ange, Salia, Hilde, Vivian, Rosalia, Chris and Ersha, at least by the half way point.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

AradoBalanga posted:

Penelope is the second video.

Bah, you think so little of me, like I couldn't recognize those glorious spiky sideburns. :colbert:

...God, I hope it isn't secret locked. I'd hate to gently caress up getting it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

Tusk isn't seemingly playable but who knows. You start out with 7 Cross Ange units. (Ange and basically every relatively minor character who doesn't die in the first 3 episodes.)

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Bah, you think so little of me, like I couldn't recognize those glorious spiky sideburns. :colbert:

...God, I hope it isn't secret locked. I'd hate to gently caress up getting it.
My money is on the usual "get pilot to X kill amounts, take route C instead of D, and then convince enemy pilot with aforementioned allied pilot" recruitment method.

Although, the fact that the playable version video has come out so quickly makes me think that Rean/Lean/however the game spells his name may just join automatically.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Oh my god, all the robots sitting around trying to figure out what a soul is is weirdly adorable. :kimchi:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
They need to put Mazinger ZERO and Demonbane in the same game.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
I've heard that there's a Z-esque split at least in the start that Chitose and Souji each get half the series. Anyone knows which bots go with which MC?

And, FYI, the Full Armor ZZ has been confirmed. There's hope for some Hi-Nu money! :swoon:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Brunom1 posted:

I've heard that there's a Z-esque split at least in the start that Chitose and Souji each get half the series. Anyone knows which bots go with which MC?

And, FYI, the Full Armor ZZ has been confirmed. There's hope for some Hi-Nu money! :swoon:

I think that first point has been debunked, everyone was saying Chitose as your OG leads to the Might Gaine world, but I ended up there with Souji as my chosen character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Brunom1 posted:

If it's in the game (and we made a proper bet), I would pay up.

• Locked thread