Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Zurai posted:

From Enlir's sheet:

did not realize there could be notes attached to a cell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Zurai posted:

Eh, no. Full Charge has twice the cast time for ~33% more damage, and is penalized for attacking from the back row. It's actually a DPS downgrade assuming you're hasted. Rapid Fire also benefits from +school damage (nobody has +combat damage until Legend Dives, while quite a few Machinists have +Machinist damage in their RDs, plus there's a +40% Machinist damage RM where you'd be stuck with Weapon Damage RMs for Full Charge); it's essentially uncappable so +crit, +crit damage, and other similar effects are more beneficial in the long run; it's inherently ranged so even if you don't have a gun for a realm you can still stick the character in the back row; and it's a much more restrictive skill so you can leave your Full Charge on the characters who don't have viable DPS skills.

+school damage is still a factor I keep forgetting to take into account, I'll readily admit - especially since it plays such a huge factor in moves with that many hits. Something that has like 2 or even 3 hits of 1.25x will hit a functional cap pretty early, but a move like this basically has nowhere to go but up.

I had originally compared it to Sapphire Shot, but stupid me forgot that Sharpshooter and Machinist are essentially mutually exclusive (except on Tyro).

Kawalimus posted:

If I'm a guy whose main focus in this game is completing Cid Missions, does it make sense to go all in on Northern Cross? I can probably get a copy close to R3. I feel like this would vastly improve the celerity class all around, as opposed to Snowspell which would only help a tiny number really. Are there any other big drawbacks to this besides not having Snowspell?

Snowspell Strike is two elemental hits (at 2.1x, so 4.2x total) that can only be used by characters who have already had their Spellblade 6* access unlocked. Its main appeal is higher power and the ability to be boosted further with equipment, weakness, and/or enelement (though at the moment only Squall and Bartz can enelement it, with Ice and Wind respectively). Northern Cross, on the other hand, is two non-elemental hits (at 2x, so 4x total) with a 30% Stun/Stop chance that is growing more and more niche with each omni-resistant boss. As raw DPS goes, they're pretty close in a vacuum, though as noted in the quote above, one can be boosted by +school and doublecast and the like, whereas Celerity is one of those schools that doesn't have anything like that. On the other hand, everyone who has Celerity 5* access, even through Record Spheres, gets Celerity 6* access.

As for other conflicts, both Snowspell and Northern Cross use Power, Ice, and Wind at a 10-6-6 ratio. Omega Drive and Affliction Break both want Power Crystals, Sky High and Mug Bloodlust want the Wind Crystals. We get enough Power Crystals that its only real conflicts would be making things a little rougher to have two of NC, Sky High, and Mug Bloodlust, and functionally impossible to tote around all three at R2+ without grinding in the future.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Feb 23, 2017

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

KataraniSword posted:

Snowspell Strike is two elemental hits (at 2.1x, so 4.2x total) that can only be used by characters who have already had their Spellblade 6* access unlocked. Its main appeal is higher power and the ability to be boosted further with equipment, weakness, and/or enelement (though at the moment only Squall and Bartz can enelement it, with Ice and Wind respectively). Northern Cross, on the other hand, is two non-elemental hits (at 2x, so 4x total) with a 30% Stun/Stop chance that is growing more and more niche with each omni-resistant boss. As raw DPS goes, they're pretty close in a vacuum, though as noted in the quote above, one can be boosted by +school and doublecast and the like, whereas Celerity is one of those schools that doesn't have anything like that. On the other hand, everyone who has Celerity 5* access, even through Record Spheres, gets Celerity 6* access.

As for other conflicts, both Snowspell and Northern Cross use Power, Ice, and Wind at a 10-6-6 ratio. Omega Drive and Affliction Break both want Power Crystals, Sky High and Mug Bloodlust want the Wind Crystals. We get enough Power Crystals that its only real conflicts would be making things a little rougher to have two of NC, Sky High, and Mug Bloodlust, and functionally impossible to tote around all three at R2+ without grinding.

Yeah I know that in a vacuum Snowspell is probably a stronger skill due to its ability to be boosted and what have you. My main issue is that when I find myself using these Celerity characters like during a Cid Mission, I have issues finding good abilities for them to use. It's like Powerchain, and Dismissal a lot of the time. And Dismissal has really gone down in value, because like you said stun is really not all that useful. I'd mainly have Northern Cross just for the damage. And while compared to other skills it might not be great, it will be much better than Dismissal on these celerity characters that I have a lot of trouble outfitting.

Snowspell I feel like I don't need. I can use Tornado Strike if I need to for wind, plus I have Bartz's BSB and Cloak. I feel like I can do without it and shatter them until I can get an R3 northern. CM "Mastery" is something I don't really care about so hitting the weakness if I can't do it on those I can just bring an A-team for that. Omega Drive is one that I will want in the future, but like you said we get enough power crystals. Even after I would R3 Northern I'd still have a decent number. Mug Bloodlust is good but I don't feel I need that past R1.

I'm like 80% sure that Northern is the right way to go for me, I'm just hesitant to pull the trigger because of the scarcity of these drat crystals.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Kawalimus posted:

Snowspell I feel like I don't need. I can use Tornado Strike if I need to for wind, plus I have Bartz's BSB and Cloak. I feel like I can do without it and shatter them until I can get an R3 northern. CM "Mastery" is something I don't really care about so hitting the weakness if I can't do it on those I can just bring an A-team for that. Omega Drive is one that I will want in the future, but like you said we get enough power crystals. Even after I would R3 Northern I'd still have a decent number. Mug Bloodlust is good but I don't feel I need that past R1.

I'm like 80% sure that Northern is the right way to go for me, I'm just hesitant to pull the trigger because of the scarcity of these drat crystals.

If you don't think you'd need a R2 Mug Bloodlust, then Sky High is your only real conflict, and as has been stated earlier it's basically Lightning Dive in a gimmicky, expensive hat. Aegis Strike and Demonsblood aren't very good and Valigarmanda is limited by Summon Crystals, so Ice is an entirely uncontested field.

Me, I'm happy enough with a R2 Mug Bloodlust and a R2 NC, but to each their own.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

KataraniSword posted:

If you don't think you'd need a R2 Mug Bloodlust, then Sky High is your only real conflict, and as has been stated earlier it's basically Lightning Dive in a gimmicky, expensive hat. Aegis Strike and Demonsblood aren't very good and Valigarmanda is limited by Summon Crystals, so Ice is an entirely uncontested field.

Me, I'm happy enough with a R2 Mug Bloodlust and a R2 NC, but to each their own.

Ok cool. This is just kind of me thinking out loud and debating doing this, seeing if someone would point out how stupid my decision-making was. But it looks like it's not too bad. Mug Bloodlust I just feel like I don't need cause I already have Vaan's BSB and Agrias' Cleansing Strike. So that extra mitigation just doesn't feel needed in most A-team scenarios.

I'll gather the "courage" to make and hone my northern cross soon probably.

Edit: I did it!! R3 Northern Cross. Also I'm pretty close to being able to get an R2 Mug Bloodlust anyway if I need to. Just 10 more wind crystals. Actually I can since the Ninja ability uses them and that one seems completely expendable. So cool stuff.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Feb 23, 2017

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Kawalimus posted:

Edit: I did it!! R3 Northern Cross. Also I'm pretty close to being able to get an R2 Mug Bloodlust anyway if I need to. Just 10 more wind crystals. Actually I can since the Ninja ability uses them and that one seems completely expendable. So cool stuff.

Yeah, Fujin is basically the only one that can use Stitch In Time decently, since Ninja spells have such a low hard cap for damage and no other (native) 5* Ninja gets other magic.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

even on its own just having an extra stacking mag debuff ain't bad

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

KataraniSword posted:

Yeah, Fujin is basically the only one that can use Stitch In Time decently, since Ninja spells have such a low hard cap for damage and no other (native) 5* Ninja gets other magic.
Tyro :downs:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I sneezed and Biggs and Wedge blew up. Not tried the ++ yet, putting it off a bit because of the nightmare stories of the last time there was a similar fight.

Anyway, any nice banners coming up soon? Or one of the nightmare ones worth a punt?

Also I love the stats for characters used in each nightmare dungeon. Lots of Tyros and Ramzas and then I guess OK got released between Guardian and Necrophobe?

Nice that all the dungeons are open forever now, I can get around to the ones I've been putting off.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

KataraniSword posted:

I've used it a surprising amount on Edge in combination with a burst magic RW (a la Raines), and his SSB (instant cast last stand + Hastega)

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Oh god, schedule says no pulling until 3/15

H... hold, hold! :sweatdrop:

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I love that this is the first nightmare when I can actually clear the dungeons. I'm swimming in all these orbs and lodes!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Prav posted:

even on its own just having an extra stacking mag debuff ain't bad

While Mug Bloodlust is a debuff and self-buff, Stitch in Time is just 2 physical attacks (blerg) and self-MagUp-DefDown. It's instant too though, so Fujin can get her BSB/SSB and Stitch going real fast.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

The first Type-0 event's coming- new realm synergy and all.

Ace's Arcane Deck (+Fire damage in RS) [USSB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Fire/NE magic attacks, En-Fire & EX: Attack Hand to user
*EX: Attack Hand - MAG +30% & Quick Cast

Deuce's Argentic Flute [USSB, +10 MND] - h85 heal or 40% Raise, and 30% Stoneskin to party, Instant Cast

Ace's Akademeia Summer Uniform (+Fire resistance) [BSSB, +10 MAG] - 8 single-target Fire/NE magic attacks, Instant Cast, 1 time Physical Blink to party, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Fire/NE magic attacks, 0.825s CT, 5 hits if user is in front row
Defend -> 2 AOE Fire/NE magic attacks, MAG +30% & RES -30%

Deuce's Akademeia Uniform [BSSB, +10 MND] - h55 heal and ATK & MAG +30% to party, Burst Mode
Attack -> Single-target h105 heal, Instant Cast
Defend -> h25 heal to party

Nine's Javelin [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Wind/NE jump attacks, En-Wind, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Wind/NE physical attacks, higher multiplier if exploiting weakness
Defend -> 2 AOE Wind/NE physical attacks, ATK +30% & DEF -30%

Ace's Argentic Deck [LMR, +10 MAG] - When using BLK abilities, ?% chance of granting Physical Blink 1
Deuce's Feathered Cap [LMR, +10 MND] - Stat Buff Duration +30%
Nine's Heavy Lance [LMR, +10 ATK] - When using Jump attacks, ?% chance of minor Imperil Wind

Ace's Akademeia Deck [SSB, +10 MAG] - 6 single-target NE magic attacks, 40% max HP heal to party
Deuce's Luminous Robe [SSB, +10 MND] - Guts, 1 time Magic Blink & High Regen to party
Nine's Ruby Shield [SSB, +10 ATK] - Protect, Shell & DEF +100% to party

Also coming with the event: new Sharpshooter abilties

This time in Fire flavour!

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
mmm, I love how all the strats out there for Omega Weapon are "spam Magic Blink" and I don't have a single native Magic Blink

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Shock Trooper posted:

mmm, I love how all the strats out there for Omega Weapon are "spam Magic Blink" and I don't have a single native Magic Blink

I did it without, using a beefy medica (Y'shtola BSB), and even then I only needed to use it once. Most of my healing was actually just fragging the green orbs.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Barring Shellga for Protectga, this is sound enough to clear the CM, yeah? Or am I missing something crucial here.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

widespread posted:

Barring Shellga for Protectga, this is sound enough to clear the CM, yeah? Or am I missing something crucial here.

Red Scorpion means you have Shellga from Mighty Guard, so bring Protectga on Selphie. You'll need both. You probably also want to bring more breaks/breakdowns.

Relic & soulbreak-wise you're super set, but your levels are pretty low. So it'll be absolutely critical, that you try to kill both Biggs and Wedge at the same time. Otherwise you'll be facing defense piercing AoE spam from whichever is left.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Attestant posted:

Red Scorpion means you have Shellga from Mighty Guard, so bring Protectga on Selphie. You'll need both. You probably also want to bring more breaks/breakdowns.

Relic & soulbreak-wise you're super set, but your levels are pretty low. So it'll be absolutely critical, that you try to kill both Biggs and Wedge at the same time. Otherwise you'll be facing defense piercing AoE spam from whichever is left.

So all I need are eggs and for Laguna to carry Power/Magic Break. Unless the extra 5% matters in bringing Breakdowns.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Ordered an iPhone 6s for the express purpose of playing FFRK, arrives today :getin:

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
So, I started my way through the VII Torment CM this morning with the idea that I'd stop at the boss and finish it off tonight after the event went away.

Yeah, I cut that pretty damned close. Thanks to those who posted the Vincent + Alphi RW method. I had more than enough MAG to make it happen.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I probably shouldn't have pulled on the nightmare banner, but hey Pecil OSB and Fang SSB ain't too shabby...

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Extra new mechanic on Ace's USB: his EX mode isn't just MAG +30% and Quick Cast, it also adds Chase.

Chase:
During EX Mode, "Attack", burst commands & certain abilities will gain a Chase effect.
Chase is basically a follow-up attack after using your regular action.
It can be a 1-hit High Fire, 2-hit Mega Fire or 13-hit Giga Fire. These are based on probability.

If the original attack is Reflected, Chase will be inactive.
If the user is Silenced, Chase will be inactive.
If the user is Confused, there is a chance the Chase will be enacted on the party.

Against multi-target enemies, Chase will be aimed on the enemy with lowest % HP.

Also, a bunch of characters get Sharpshooter added/enhanced.

Sharpshooter 4 -> 5:
Edge, Shadow, Yuffie, Rikku

Sharpshooter 5:
Bartz, Locke, Edgar, Setzer, Barret, Rinoa, Laguna, Edea, Yuna, Paine, Balthier, Ashe, Lightning, Sazh, Hope, Mustadio

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Shock Trooper posted:

I used my magic blink a total of twice. Which means you ought to be able to RW the magic blink of your choice and kill the boss.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Hogama posted:

Also, a bunch of characters get Sharpshooter added/enhanced.

Sharpshooter 4 -> 5:
Edge, Shadow, Yuffie, Rikku

Sharpshooter 5:
Bartz, Locke, Edgar, Setzer, Barret, Rinoa, Laguna, Edea, Yuna, Paine, Balthier, Ashe, Lightning, Sazh, Hope, Mustadio

this makes sharpshooter much more common than spellblade. let's see:

pre:
Spellblade 5, no shooter
I-II	-
III	Luneth*
IV-V	-
VI	Celes
VII	Cloud*
VIII	Squall
IX	Steiner
X	-
XI	Ayame
XII	Reks
XIII	-
XIV	-
T	Delita
T	Orlandeu
pre:
Shooter 5, no spellblade, phys
I	Wol
II	Firion
III	Refia
IV	Edge
V	Faris
VI	Edgar
VI	Locke
VI	Setzer
VI	Shadow
VII	Barret
VII	Rufus
VII	Vincent
VII	Yuffie
VIII	Irvine
VIII	Laguna
IX	Amarant
X	Jecht
X	Rikku
X	Tidus
X	Wakka
XI	-
XII	Fran
XIII	Sazh
XIV	-
T	Mustadio
pre:
Shooter 5, no spellblade, mage
I	-
II	Maria
III	-
IV	Rosa
V-VI	-
VIII	Fujin
VIII	Edea
VIII	Rinoa
IX	-
X	Yuna
XI	-
XII	Ashe
XIII	Hope
XIII	Serah
XIV	-
T	-
pre:
Both 5
V	Bartz
X	Paine
XII	Balthier*
XIII	Lightning*
*record dive for Spellblade 5. i might've missed someone because of a record dive or them not being released yet or whatnot.

so we'll have spellblades for Fire/Water/Lightning, while Shooter covers Fire/Water/Ice. Snowstrike has few users, and costs crystals, but probably factors in somehow too.
Shooter abilities deal more damage, either 3,3/2 and adds ranged, or 3,7/2 if you're ranged already, while the Spellblades are just stuck at 3,2/2.
Spellblades do have the big advantage of mostly costing Power orbs, which are plentiful, while the Shots have the worst orbs imaginable. plus the spellblades are available now, not in six months

main takeaway: Sapphire Shot just got a lot more appealing

Prav fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Feb 23, 2017

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

CaptainPsyko posted:

I used my magic blink a total of twice. Which means you ought to be able to RW the magic blink of your choice and kill the boss.

That doesn't work because then I give up RW Shout and everybody does less damage.

Anyway I finally cleared it without a magic blink but obviously Vanille BSB helped a lot for healing. I wiped in the third phase because I didn't have enough SB's left to blitz him down before everyone died to Meteors except Orlandeau, who died on the next turn. I ended up having to bore myself with hit & run to build up bars. But on the plus side, it's finally done and I don't have to worry about this gimmicky-rear end Nightmare bullshit (until the day I get so desperate to want mastery on the Kaiser Dragon and his stupid weaknesses)

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Beasteh posted:

Ordered an iPhone 6s for the express purpose of playing FFRK, arrives today :getin:

How big is the performance difference from android? Considering picking up an iPad since I need a tablet anyway.

It generally runs ok on my 6s, just randomly lags once in awhile.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Shock Trooper posted:

That doesn't work because then I give up RW Shout and everybody does less damage.

Anyway I finally cleared it without a magic blink but obviously Vanille BSB helped a lot for healing. I wiped in the third phase because I didn't have enough SB's left to blitz him down before everyone died to Meteors except Orlandeau, who died on the next turn. I ended up having to bore myself with hit & run to build up bars. But on the plus side, it's finally done and I don't have to worry about this gimmicky-rear end Nightmare bullshit (until the day I get so desperate to want mastery on the Kaiser Dragon and his stupid weaknesses)

I did it without shout too. Nightmare synergy is real good.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

KataraniSword posted:

I have Fujin's SSB and not BSB which basically means that I want to use Wrath, get En-Wind and then spam something like the 5* ninja magic and don't really have space for Stitch in Time otherwise.

Like I have Quistis' BSB and her 2 slots don't even have a damaging spell, it's just Wrath until she's ready to BSB and the other slot can be like a breakdown for all I care

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Wow, that Squall battle was ridiculously easy. My first Bonus Battle completed!

I'm hoping I can make it through the next fight (Biggs & Wedge) for the Cid's Mission/MC3 Lode. Right now my synergy geared FF8 crew is: Seifer(BSB/2xSSB)/Raijin(BSB/SSB)/Fujin(BSB)/Rinoa(OSB)/Selphie(SSB Medica), which leaves me short of Support although I could throw a Breakdown alongside Wrath on Fujin and a 3* break on Raijin. I feel like I've got a lot of AOE Summons/BSB/SSB abilities to try and keep them even, and I just crafted/honed Banishing Strike so Seifer can dispel their buffs. Am I better off using a RW for a Wall effect, and grinding it out? Should I use OK to give access to another Burst and Haste my team when they get slowed?

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Wow, that Squall battle was ridiculously easy. My first Bonus Battle completed!

I'm hoping I can make it through the next fight (Biggs & Wedge) for the Cid's Mission/MC3 Lode. Right now my synergy geared FF8 crew is: Seifer(BSB/2xSSB)/Raijin(BSB/SSB)/Fujin(BSB)/Rinoa(OSB)/Selphie(SSB Medica), which leaves me short of Support although I could throw a Breakdown alongside Wrath on Fujin and a 3* break on Raijin. I feel like I've got a lot of AOE Summons/BSB/SSB abilities to try and keep them even, and I just crafted/honed Banishing Strike so Seifer can dispel their buffs. Am I better off using a RW for a Wall effect, and grinding it out? Should I use OK to give access to another Burst and Haste my team when they get slowed?

Usually I'd recommend using Hastega + Damage Boost RW's for Cid Missions, especially when you have access to a good medica. I only do Wall RW when I have a native source of Hastega, or if the fight really demands it. Go in fast and hard, and kill them before they have a good chance to kill you back.

In your case, you have pretty stacked gear + soulbreaks, so that could be doable. If you end up having issues with the damage intake without Wall, maybe consider dropping Rinoa for Irvine, and have proper source of Support.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
I rolled on the nightmare select - maybe I shouldn't have? But I feel like I'm still early enough that just more relics is better. 2/11, with Zach's Hastega sword to add to his BSB, and a reraise SSB for Aerith. I still don't have enough 5* armors for five people.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Stagger_Lee posted:

I rolled on the nightmare select - maybe I shouldn't have? But I feel like I'm still early enough that just more relics is better. 2/11, with Zach's Hastega sword to add to his BSB, and a reraise SSB for Aerith. I still don't have enough 5* armors for five people.

That's a decent enough result (Hastega and Medica are always useful), but for the most part:

:siren: DON'T PULL ON THE SELECT NIGHTMARE :siren:

It's just full of really outdated relics at this point, and almost every other banner available right now is a better option than it. (Keeper's Choice 1 is the other dud banner, much for the same reason.)

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Dammit Squall, don't make me make a Darkra just for the stupid medals.

I don't have any EnDark or Imperil Dark(if that's a thing), to make matters worse. Is it worth it or should I just hone up Dark.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

widespread posted:

I don't have any EnDark or Imperil Dark(if that's a thing), to make matters worse. Is it worth it or should I just hone up Dark.

Imperil dark would be pointless to use against him since he's already fully weak to darkness (so it wouldn't add any additional damage). What are you using as a roaming warrior? Do you have a native hastega? If so (or maybe even if you don't) consider using a Cid Raines BSB RW if you have a decent synergy mage weapon as it will melt his face off and cover the dark medal.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

widespread posted:

You may consider investing in Memento Mori and/or Dark Zone. It's a really strong combo for darkness users, and is great for Cid Missions since it puts out great damage even without a SB.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

If worst comes to worst, I think Garland or someone has a RM that makes your physical attack Dark-elemental.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

flowinprose posted:

Imperil dark would be pointless to use against him since he's already fully weak to darkness (so it wouldn't add any additional damage). What are you using as a roaming warrior? Do you have a native hastega? If so (or maybe even if you don't) consider using a Cid Raines BSB RW if you have a decent synergy mage weapon as it will melt his face off and cover the dark medal.

I'm just using a Wall as my RW. Got both a Medica and a native Hastega, so I figured why not. But hm, I guess I'll try the Cid Raines RW idea.

Schwartzcough posted:

You may consider investing in Memento Mori and/or Dark Zone. It's a really strong combo for darkness users, and is great for Cid Missions since it puts out great damage even without a SB.

Yeah, but that also comes with investing in Edea, who only has her Faithga.

... oh wait, yeah. That's actually a good idea. Need to up Dark Zone's hones, however.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

widespread posted:

I'm just using a Wall as my RW. Got both a Medica and a native Hastega, so I figured why not. But hm, I guess I'll try the Cid Raines RW idea.

Yeah, but that also comes with investing in Edea, who only has her Faithga.

... oh wait, yeah. That's actually a good idea. Need to up Dark Zone's hones, however.

Better yet, you can use Edea along with memento mori to summon the Raines BSB which will have her almost assuredly sitting at the MAG cap around 1000 MAG. She will very easily be nuking Squall for 40k per round instant-cast (so like every 3 seconds).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i've got R2 Dark Zone and i regret it a little. it's a fairly good ability (less impressive now that the Chaingas are out) but drat does it chew up the MDOs.

• Locked thread