Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

veni veni veni posted:

There was some game I used to always do that in but I can't remember what it is now lol.

This was a thing to do at the beginning of the round on certain maps in COD4's Search & Destroy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Grenade launcher across the map.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Ularg posted:

I hope this Onternet is actually a goon from here:

I'm pretty sure there are no SA Goon clans with the "GOON" clan tag in any FPS game.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Mill Village posted:

I'm pretty sure there are no SA Goon clans with the "GOON" clan tag in any FPS game.

I'm honestly surprised that LLJK is still being used for goon clan tags.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

sockpuppetclock posted:

I remember it from COD, which is remarkably appropriate.

Wazzit posted:

This was a thing to do at the beginning of the round on certain maps in COD4's Search & Destroy.

Haha yeah that's what it was. It worked way more than it should have.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Mill Village posted:

There is one on PS4 but almost everyone uses 32mb. There's a few stragglers that use Goon though.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I use goon sometimes because their happy hour is more reasonable to me

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
The PS3 clan uses [BDSM] in Titanfall on PS4 so there!

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:

soggybagel posted:

Grenade launcher across the map.

the only true way to play cod, GL and RPG only

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Glad we finally have a day. I'm still apathetic on the current game state and longevity, but these are some welcome changes that should tide me over for a bit. Even though there's technically no new maps...

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Live Fire for sure is only 2 maps? They aren't using portions of existing maps for that mode? Because lol, if you thought 10 maps in Attrition rotation gets stale...

e: oh wow, the level cap isn't being raised?

Wazzit fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Feb 22, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Wazzit posted:

e: oh wow, the level cap isn't being raised?

Yeah I was wondering about this. I assumed not, because they didn't mention it at all

Also no prime Titans until apparently March update lol

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

quote:

No cap raise yet but we will be making Stoic unlockable for Gen10.49 players with this update.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Jose Oquendo posted:

I'm honestly surprised that LLJK is still being used for goon clan tags.

Its tradition! :colbert:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOjFa3IYHjI

After getting insta-killed after spawning, the game bugged the gently caress out and would not let me respawn. The camera just kept slowly shifting down into the void where it only displays whatever the last thing it rendered was. So when I went back to my menu and back to the game the menu was what was being rendered. Had to quit out, weird loving night for me.

Also, Volt gameplay because volt is still good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0_8mGSIFJM

Severedseven
Jun 6, 2007

Heavy and light

Ularg posted:

I hope this Onternet is actually a goon from here:

It's me! Good game.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Together you guys become Onternet Phorrum.

Gets
Mar 11, 2009
http://imgur.com/a/Iyhdy

These are pretty dope.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Gets posted:

http://imgur.com/a/Iyhdy

These are pretty dope.

I uhh, didn't notice until now that Ion fires her core from her eye.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Wazzit posted:

I've got my Ion you.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Wazzit posted:

She does? I thought it was a chest fire. Probably because I took the term core literally and never really looked at her design, I guess.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

veni veni veni posted:

There was some game I used to always do that in but I can't remember what it is now lol.

I used to roll with a crew in MW2 that had all the angles worked out to launch grenades across the maps in the opening seconds of hardcore s&d. Pubbie teams would spawn to find about 6 grenades all falling on them. It was great.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Bushmaori posted:

She does? I thought it was a chest fire. Probably because I took the term core literally and never really looked at her design, I guess.

Yeah, the pixel art version of Ion had me go back and watch the first Ion intro trailer before release. I always assumed it was chest fire because the placement of the laser is below your POV, didn't really pay attention to it.

http://i.imgur.com/1ZsPMQx.gifv

Why do people bother with warpfall? Especially if they are running a lighter class Titan like Northstar. :iiam:

http://i.imgur.com/C5tVxyT.gifv

Pops Mgee posted:

I used to roll with a crew in MW2 that had all the angles worked out to launch grenades across the maps in the opening seconds of hardcore s&d. Pubbie teams would spawn to find about 6 grenades all falling on them. It was great.

There were some pretty great spots for quad feeds on Wasteland. :allears:

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Pops Mgee posted:

Same, but Domination.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
So what's the deal with respawning with the wrong gun sometimes? Is it a glitch or am I accidentally doing some sort of quickchange thing? loving annoying to die to that.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Wonder when the update goes live today. I'm curious to see if the new execution has a requirement to unlock.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

It seems like Titanfall 2 has become the game I love to want to play. I don't know if it's just that the PC population has been whittled down to only the incredibly good and the incredibly new but as someone who is just "sorta ok" at the game it definitely doesn't feel like there's much of a sweet spot between stomping and getting stomped. I probably need to just power through being a low-level idiot and grind out some guns to the point that I know how they work and am good with them, but drat if it isn't just a little disheartening to spend all day at work going "I'm gonna go home and play the poo poo out of Titanfall" only to come home and get rolled for ten straight matches by a team composed of invincible birdmen flying across the map at light speed and one-shotting me with guns I don't have.

I wish I could say I thought Live Fire was going to fix this lol.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Beet Wagon posted:

invincible birdmen

Invincible birdPERSONS, thank you very much.

Also lol no Live Fire will not fix that.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It seems to give a lot of people a hard time when they are first starting out but you don't need to be super twitch to do well. A lot of it is just knowing the maps and the tools they give you

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

I imagine part of the problem is going up against fully stacked teams. Adding a "Mercenaries" playlist where you could only matchmake solo could potentially alleviate some of the frustrations. Then again that's splitting the playerbase into separate playlists so that would probably do more harm than good.

Speaking of matchmaking, Live Fire Patch is live.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Wazzit posted:

Speaking of matchmaking, Live Fire Patch is live.

Ooh! So just to check, the matchmaking is now all mixtape but you pick the modes you want to play?

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
So what's the unlock criteria for the new execution?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
I think it's doing Inner Pieces a certain amount of times.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
It's doing Inner Pieces 10 times.

Also the new Mixtape mode works by picking one of the modes you've selected at random and queuing you up for it. Again, it does NOT queue you into all selected modes at once but merely picks one at random. Respawn's guy says "lol it's version 1.0 and we'll improve it soon"

The Colosseum has been modified and your Loadout is now the Softball and Wingman Elite.

Other than the balance/bug fixes this patch is a piece of poo poo.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

discworld is all I read posted:

I think it's doing Inner Pieces a certain amount of times.

So far away... :negative:

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Also the new Mixtape mode works by picking one of the modes you've selected at random and queuing you up for it.

aaaaa I'm loving howling

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Also the new Mixtape mode works by picking one of the modes you've selected at random and queuing you up for it. Again, it does NOT queue you into all selected modes at once but merely picks one at random. Respawn's guy says "lol it's version 1.0 and we'll improve it soon"

loving lol what? Jesus christ. :doh:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Stan Taylor posted:

So far away... :negative:

When I was trying to get Inner Pieces, cloak and pilot kills -> tactical cooldown was the only loadout I could get executions with.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Live Fire is surprisingly fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

If they didn't do it this way, people queuing for, say, Attrition and CTF would only get CTF 1 out of 100 games, right? I don't really know a better way of doing it.